VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Man isnt MC supposed to be like ex black ops super intelligent solider?
How come he always ends up on his ass in every conflict.
BULLSHIT
I know a guy that was with the Rangers, but as a logistics guy. He had most of the training, but wasn't really the sharp end of the spear. He's also disabled due to getting clipped in the knee during a firefight and is considered almost fully disabled, at least from a military perspective. If someone were able to get to him before he was aware they were there (he carries), they'd have a good chance of putting him on his ass and keeping him that way (regardless of his 6'2" stature - the extra 75 or so pounds don't help, though). He looks at least five years older than me, but is two months younger. Just because you served doesn't mean you stay as sharp and fit as when you were still in, and the trauma some of those guys suffer can put them in a place physically where they can't defend themselves nearly as well as they once did, and maybe not even as well as a fit civilian with a little bit of skill.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I know a guy that was with the Rangers, but as a logistics guy. He had most of the training, but wasn't really the sharp end of the spear. He's also disabled due to getting clipped in the knee during a firefight and is considered almost fully disabled, at least from a military perspective. If someone were able to get to him before he was aware they were there (he carries), they'd have a good chance of putting him on his ass and keeping him that way (regardless of his 6'2" stature - the extra 75 or so pounds don't help, though). He looks at least five years older than me, but is two months younger. Just because you served doesn't mean you stay as sharp and fit as when you were still in, and the trauma some of those guys suffer can put them in a place physically where they can't defend themselves nearly as well as they once did, and maybe not even as well as a fit civilian with a little bit of skill.
If you don't hone your skills you lose them.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well said and sorry for your friend.

I was Airborne Ranger (originally signed up as 11bravo... but got hooked into and decided to be a paratrooper for the extra money)... and I jumped out of hollow metal tubes with wings and killed people for a living ('84 to '92). Despite my training, I could still get my ass kicked, particularly when out for R&R. I rotated back stateside after an incident that left me disabled while in Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm.

Even had not not been WIA, there are always individuals that can kick your ass, if they have training, use it regularly or don't fight fairly. Just because you are a highly skilled and trained soldier doesn't mean that you are suddenly Captain America.

In the situations with the MC, frustrating as they may be, they are somewhat realistic given his current condition and that doesn't mean that he will always be that way as noted by the creator... also, the MC has a pretty good trump card... William... if there is ANYONE that should be worried about is him... I get the sense that is one individual that you WOULDN'T want to fuck with... that man not only could fuck you up, but he could probably literally erase your fucking existence.

In short, while the MC may have his hands full and sometimes get knocked down, he at least has someone powerful watching his six.

jtc

Jul 1, 2017
The game would be quite interesting if not for the fact that you are forced into a relationship with an unattractive girl. It spoils everything.
I thought that was fixed at some point but apparently not? I just played 4.2 and it seems you just can't avoid sex scenes with Alex.

• Angry
Reactions: ASLPro3D

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I thought that was fixed at some point but apparently not? I just played 4.2 and it seems you just can't avoid sex scenes with Alex.
You can. Just not the first one as that is to show their relationship as a friend with benefits. I replayed the game with a Alex and Isa path at the same time during this update. On the Isa save I only had 1 lewd scene with Alex.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Why would you/MC avoid sex with a character that you are supposedly going out with PRIOR to meeting another girl??

The story starts with the establishment that you are currently in a "friend's with benefits" relationship... so, YEAH, it sort of makes sense that the guy is going to dip his wick... if you decided to blow her off later, that's on YOU to change the relationship he was currently in.

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes