VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Well, I have to say: wow! Chapeau for a great start into a potential favourite of mine!

These video transitions and many of the lewd animations are top notch - really outstanding!
The story is worth called "story-rich" and is quite intriguing so far. Additionally nothing to complain about the renders or currently unused variables for the choices (as they may have impact in the future releases). Up to now this "game" just feels right, hence I will follow the development and future updates with interest.

Only one super nitpicky detail: for my eyes at least the font could be a little bit larger and the font colour of the MC's name
is hard to see if background images are bright. So a darker font colour for the MC's name would be a good solution :cool:.

Thumbs up for the fine work and for sharing it with us... just keep the spirit, badtimetales!

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
So far I really like this game, it's one of the few I find actually interesting

Having said that, the reaction to the dog dying was a bit strange, especially for Isabella. I know it was a minor detail in the story but it's very strange for someone to prioritise changing clothes when she thought her dog was dead, and also for everyone to wait inside while the dog is lying outside drugged. It is minor but still did feel a bit jarring. Then again, it only felt jarring because the rest of the plot was written well and I'm actually used to the characters behaving like real people, which is a good thing.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I think It was a bit odd for the girl to offer the MCs home for Isabella to stay.
I hope this doesn't stay "kinetic" for long and I have more saying on what's going on Not only but also because of future tags. Either I'll have an option on those or I'll have to let this one go. I'm already being forced into too much stuff I don't want to as it it.

• Sad
Reactions: badtimetales

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Screenshot_20220213_162222.jpg
Yo our girl Alex here needs a little remodeling done, her head is waay too big for her body. not sure if the dev realized this or not but she got a tiny/skinny ass body with a big ass head and it's not working for her, she's cute but her head size makes her look "off" at times, It's like the dev wants to drive us to Isabella lol but I like Alex, she just need some readjustments.

Anyways great game, looking forward to the next update.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Yo our girl Alex here needs a little remodeling done, her head is waay too big for her body.
Hmmm.... I will admit that with this camera angle it looks a little bit of and indeed, I haven't seen that.
Thanks for pointing that out.

But checking other renders she looks natural for me.

Any other opinions?

It's like the dev wants to drive us to Isabella lol but I like Alex, she just need some readjustments.
Hell no.

I hope you will like Isabella (because if not I have done something wrong with the character/story development), but let me say it this way: I like both, why choose? :)

Anyways great game, looking forward to the next update.
Thanks!

Reactions: TM REDUX

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I know it was a minor detail in the story but it's very strange for someone to prioritise changing clothes when she thought her dog was dead,
At that point the MC told her already that Zeuss is alive.
So she ran inside to call the vet. She came straight out of the shower when she heard him barking, put on some clothes to check the dog, so she quickly changed while calling.

And the real reason: The ponytail looked good with low lights, but really bad with direct light.
After playing around with the settings for hours I decided "back to the old hair" instead spending more time on that issue :)
Re-Rendering the other pictures was no opinion.

Reactions: Gorse

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Hmmm.... I will admit that with this camera angle it looks a little bit of and indeed, I haven't seen that.
Thanks for pointing that out.

But checking other renders she looks natural for me.

Any other opinions?

Hell no.

I hope you will like Isabella (because if not I have done something wrong with the character/story development), but let me say it this way: I like both, why choose? :)

Thanks!
Perhaps it's just my designer eye, I can't help but notice the smallest detail if something looks off to me you know, as required for my career so perhaps it's just that but in most of her scenes her head doesn't seem like it gels with her body, once again could just be me seeing that nobody else brought this to your attention.

No it's nothing like that lol, so far I have no reason to not like Isabella so I'd say you did a good job with her so far, both her and Alex.

Your welcome!

TM REDUX

Dec 14, 2021
Perhaps it's just my designer eye, I can't help but notice the smallest detail if something looks off to me you know, as required for my career so perhaps it's just that but in most of her scenes her head doesn't seem like it gels with her body, once again could just be me seeing that nobody else brought this to your attention.

No it's nothing like that lol, so far I have no reason to not like Isabella so I'd say you did a good job with her so far, both her and Alex.

Your welcome!
Gonna be honest seems mostly fine to me, maybe its like 5% bigger than normal but that is within human range so eh

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Screenshot_1.png

:unsure:

So he got out with maybe $90 ?

or do you perhaps mean high eight-digit number?

$90,000,000, for example?

I'm just wondering because I don't own a Ferrari 458 and yet double-digits wouldn't even get you an initial consultation/risk assessment for my hourly rate.

• Haha

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Well, with double digits he would perhaps be able to fill the tank?
That's important too! :)

Thanks for pointing this out!
Will be fixed in the next update.

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes