VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yeah I suck at making males I like in games with Character creator.
it's what im doing right now tho going good urge since I read people say it's better than murder hobo urge tho I will do that one next.
I tried murder hobo and shelved the save. Just can't do it. On good DU, we're still forced to murder a couple of times.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
You know Zeus had your balls already and just had to close his mouth and smash them, right? :devilish:
Of course not! How could you think such a thing? Zeus is a very important member of the 'team', whose efforts are highly valued.
That he was practically drooling over my balls has nothing to do with that assessment.

Your second post came in just in time, 10 seconds later...
I just wanted to correct my mistake quickly to avoid any confusion and make sure Zeus' feelings weren't hurt.

(Jinx is just much more difficult to show/put in the story)
Well, she is a cat and doubtlessly has better things to do than to pose for you after all. A new place to explore, such as shelves with stuff on them that would be interesting to push down and long drapes to climb. And nap.

(I do see though how it might be hard to make interesting use of her story-wise - I'd like to see her deciding Isa's lap looking comfortable though with Zeus looking on in jealousy. Something along those lines anyway, bringing everyone a little closer together)

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Jinx was never planned.

But as Zeus is there, Jinx is the perfect counterpart to reflect the relationship. Between the pets and finally between the girls.
;)

And a cat fits Alex.
O really I assumed Jinx was always planned cause it plays out perfectly like another rivalry between Alex and Isaballa cause of the whole Cat Vs Dog thing some people debate over haha.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I agree, and Alex always felt more like a 'cat person' than a 'dog person', but I'm sure both her and Isa will learn to love both pets, hopefully everyone will tolerate the MC. And I know you will find ways to make good use of Jinx as well, we want (well, some of us do) the crazy zoo to become a loving family after all, and I'm sure she'll help with that.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
O really I assumed Jinx was always planned cause it plays out perfectly like another rivalry between Alex and Isaballa cause of the whole Cat Vs Dog thing some people debate over haha.
Even Zeus wasn't planned like he's now.

He was meant as a cockblocker and to show Isa's feelings.

Most devs plan or even write the story before they do the renders.
i'm different, I have a general idea for the story main facts and what I want to show in the update.
The rest is a "let's play what I have, what can I add to make that better?".

Happened with the pets and with Val.

I agree, and Alex always felt more like a 'cat person' than a 'dog person', but I'm sure both her and Isa will learn to love both pets, hopefully everyone will tolerate the MC. And I know you will find ways to make good use of Jinx as well, we want (well, some of us do) the crazy zoo to become a loving family after all, and I'm sure she'll help with that.
I'll try my best ;)
The "silly pets" are established and will play a role, great, I have to do the branches for the pets too :rolleyes: :sneaky:

Oct 10, 2022
Even Zeus wasn't planned like he's now.

He was meant as a cockblocker and to show Isa's feelings.

Most devs plan or even write the story before they do the renders.
i'm different, I have a general idea for the story main facts and what I want to show in the update.
The rest is a "let's play what I have, what can I add to make that better?".

Happened with the pets and with Val.
Actually I think that is the superior way. I don't think anyone can write without having rough idea what to write but instead of strict planning letting characters be written by themselves always creates more natural story and better writing.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Actually I think that is the superior way. I don't think anyone can write without having rough idea what to write but instead of strict planning letting characters be written by themselves always creates more natural story and better writing.
For character and story development, as long as you are not a genius writer, I think so too.

For rendering... well :rolleyes:

Oct 10, 2022
In the end an AVN is writing a story and showing what happens.
Good renders are nice, but won't help you as a dev if the story is bad.
Tbh, I still don't get you, one person game developers. You need to be good at coding, writing, rendering, storytelling etc. In the beginning I thought all of the games have sort of a dev team but then I noticed most of them created by one person. It's really crazy and if your game is not one of the top games, it's not even worth financially. Huge respect from me. :giggle:

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
In the end an AVN is writing a story and showing what happens.
Good renders are nice, but won't help you as a dev if the story is bad.
That is definitely true (y):WeSmart: , Unique great game is based on :
1st : great story and storyline.
2nd : Character build.
3rd : representing dialogue for the story.
then any thing else could help
Realy this game have all of the above , thank you very much Goodtimetales :love:

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes