VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Just added this game to my wishlist on Steam. Would love to see Isa in action....
As soon as the dev announced it was available to wishlist I did it. Now I am watching the calendar for Q2!
Thanks guys, that really helps!

And for Isa...

From the winter special (where I'm behind rendering, but the update has priority), the bathroom sex scenes in one animation.

But we are getting closer to Isa in the main game ;)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Same. But I think we need to bust badtimetales's balls to release it sooner there. Yeah. You heard me, bro. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Well, I've got bad news: There will be no pub releases any more, as Steam would kick me from the platform.
The Patreon release will be before the Steam release/updates though.

For the Steam release date... *sigh*
I'll do a dev's life post about that. Let's say my timing isn't the best and I have a few thing to think about.

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Thanks guys, that really helps!

And for Isa...

From the winter special (where I'm behind rendering, but the update has priority), the bathroom sex scenes in one animation.

But we are getting closer to Isa in the main game ;)
Is Isa going to be a durty gurl and give up the chocolate starfish?

• Haha
Reactions: badtimetales

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well, I've got bad news: There will be no pub releases any more, as Steam would kick me from the platform.
The Patreon release will be before the Steam release/updates though.

For the Steam release date... *sigh*
I'll do a dev's life post about that. Let's say my timing isn't the best and I have a few thing to think about.
No. No. NO. Not your game also? Are you tryin to make me have a stroke or somethin on top of my other health issues?

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Steam rules. No selling under the Steam price anywhere and for sure not releasing it for free.
It might have been asked and answered but I am lazy and don't want to search the thread. Tried the GOG platform? I am getting ready to sign up for it, just dl's the app for puter.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
It might have been asked and answered but I am lazy and don't want to search the thread. Tried the GOG platform? I am getting ready to sign up for it, just dl's the app for puter.
GOG is (from what I've heard) more interested in games who have a few thousand Patrons, finished games or at least with a good visibility on Steam.
As I said, that's only what I heard.

It will be worth a try at some time, but for now I've enough to do with Patreon/Subscribestar and Steam.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Other devs do it all the time. They have Patreon, Itch, SS, a Chinese and a Russian site. Then add in GoG for some devs.

You won't find a game under the steam store price anywhere.

Patreon is a bit special, as it's considered supporting the dev, not getting the game.
itch, GOG, sure you can sell there, but not under the Steam price.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023

Patreon is a bit special, as it's considered supporting the dev, not getting the game.
Damned if you, damned if you don't. Set the price to low and you might not make enough revenue off it. Set it too high and it might not sell well. The way Steam is going looks like I will slowly being moving over to GOG in the future.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

You could always undercut prices either on GoG or the other places. So, if game is 15.99 on Steam, you can do 9.99 on GoG and you'll still get more in return than what Steam is stealin from you.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
now I haven't read any of steam's stuff on what is allowed so I might be talking out of my ass
Would you trust the guy who has been in contact with Steam during these last months, or some randos in a reddit thread from 5 years ago?

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes