VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Would you trust the guy who has been in contact with Steam during these last months, or some randos in a reddit thread from 5 years ago?
exactly why I said I might be wrong, just discussing the topic. Also he is not discussing this particular topic with steam, it's about some of the content in the game they have problems with

Reactions: badtimetales
Oct 10, 2022
Well, I've got bad news: There will be no pub releases any more, as Steam would kick me from the platform.
The Patreon release will be before the Steam release/updates though.

For the Steam release date... *sigh*
I'll do a dev's life post about that. Let's say my timing isn't the best and I have a few thing to think about.
But we will get the updates through steam, right? :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
now I haven't read any of steam's stuff on what is allowed so I might be talking out of my ass
Agreed. But one person linked directly to the Steam section about Steam keys, so, that rando gave good info.
exactly why I said I might be wrong, just discussing the topic. Also he is not discussing this particular topic with steam, it's about some of the content in the game they have problems with

I'm too lazy to look it up right now.
In short, Steam has a "best deal" guarantee, so that alone will forbid selling it cheaper.

I'll post it some time, for now I need to change the lights and env in 50 renders. Daz is so much fun...

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

comic1.png

A few thoughts...

GUI Poll

First of all, thanks for your active participation and comments!

I would still like to have a nicer/more modern GUI, but the balancing act of not making it look too different from the familiar is not worth it at the moment.
Steam 1

Two developer friends will have their Steam release in the next few weeks.

Monk with

and

Wooden Donkey with

If possible, wishlist the games, even if you don't want to buy them.
It helps a lot with the Steam algorithm to get more visibility, which is crucial.

(Of course, this also applies to Isa *cough*)

Steam 2

My timing is bad.

I missed the last Steam "next fest", the next one is at the beginning of June.
I've been thinking for a week about postponing the release so I can attend (which is only allowed for not published games with a demo).
I've heard of different experiences (again, it's about the number of wishlists).

I have to and will make a decision this week.

Chapter 4.3 was planned as a Steam release, if I move it to the end of June, Chapter 5 will be the release.

Which brings us to the next change.

Chapter numbering

Splitting the chapters into three parts was due to my rendering power at the time (which was a 1050TI and a 2070 in the beginning).

The last releases (3.3 - 4.2) were all individually bigger than all three parts of chapter 1, so I think it's better to make the chapters a bit bigger and number them as a complete release.

As always, comments are very welcome,

thanks for your support,

BTT

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

View attachment 3369934

A few thoughts...

GUI Poll

First of all, thanks for your active participation and comments!

I would still like to have a nicer/more modern GUI, but the balancing act of not making it look too different from the familiar is not worth it at the moment.
Steam 1

Two developer friends will have their Steam release in the next few weeks.

Monk with

and

Wooden Donkey with

If possible, wishlist the games, even if you don't want to buy them.
It helps a lot with the Steam algorithm to get more visibility, which is crucial.

(Of course, this also applies to Isa *cough*)

Steam 2

My timing is bad.

I missed the last Steam "next fest", the next one is at the beginning of June.
I've been thinking for a week about postponing the release so I can attend (which is only allowed for not published games with a demo).
I've heard of different experiences (again, it's about the number of wishlists).

I have to and will make a decision this week.

Chapter 4.3 was planned as a Steam release, if I move it to the end of June, Chapter 5 will be the release.

Which brings us to the next change.

Chapter numbering

Splitting the chapters into three parts was due to my rendering power at the time (which was a 1050TI and a 2070 in the beginning).

The last releases (3.3 - 4.2) were all individually bigger than all three parts of chapter 1, so I think it's better to make the chapters a bit bigger and number them as a complete release.

As always, comments are very welcome,

thanks for your support,

BTT
Already had One Lie wishlisted, just did the other one. lol

Shame on you for missin the Next Fest. ;) Now we have to bust your balls even more and don't even try and send Zeus after us, he loves us and feels that you shouldn't have missed the Next Fest. :ROFLMAO: But at least for me the sooner the release, the better. But take your time, bro. Use that noggin and figure it out. Whatever works best for you. Some of us are behind you. Just don't falter, because you know how horny and perverted we can be. ;):p:devilish:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Alex is busy processing that (had to remove the BG to avoid spoilers, preview)

View attachment 3369955
I wishlisted the games and all the best with Steam. Its a pain in the ass, but you have do what you have to do. I don't mind paying for good content and good devs. I own my fair share of VNs through Steam and I will be happy to add yours. Keep up the good work.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I get the message: not available in your country yet
WD will release at the first, Monk at the seventh.
It's about wishlisting the game, which should be possible, as long as you are not in Germany, China (and Brazil, I believe).

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes