VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
That's my biggest issue with her....I hate that all too commonly used 'alternative' shaved hairstyle used in many VNs. Very rarely have I come across a LI with that hairstyle and have her pull it off, and for me, she does not. Additionally, sure she's a bit on the plain looking side and could use at least a little bit of make-up, especially while she's at work, tending the bar and looking for tips, but she's just...bleh and doesn't even try to look attractive....not while at work and not for her 'man'. As far as I can see her only redeeming quality I guess is her quirky/prickly personality....assuming you find that attractive, which I don't, she just comes across as a friend and not a true LI imho.

Playing devils advocate for a second here, outside of loneliness and a little sexual frustration it never made sense for me to make Alex and Frank fuckbuddies. Finally getting out of the house and going to the club, I can see Frank befriending a tough and sarcastic Alex, but I would have waited longer before she makes a pass at him and he chooses whether he wants to go down that path with her or wait/reject her. That said, from Jen to Alex, and then Alex seeing Jen's portrait hanging in Frank's house on top of Isabella getting closer to Frank, no wonder she's jealous and intimated...though I think she's being a bit self-destructive trying to go out of her way to push Isabella and Frank together...maybe she just wants to get the inevitable over with?? I can only imagine Alex's reaction if she were to see Frank and Valerie Hall out to dinner...it would also explain her being extra sexually aggressive with him in order to try and claim him as hers.

the only person i can think of it suiting was quinn from badik, even then i much prefer longer hair. The shortest i can really handle is someone like Cara on intertwined.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
the only person i can think of it suiting was quinn from badik, even then i much prefer longer hair. The shortest i can really handle is someone like Cara on intertwined.
100% agree with both those examples, though there are a couple more, I just need some time coming up with them...point is, I'm not saying I haven't seen some girls with that same style but at least they try to add to it with some sexy clothes, make-up (lipstick & eye shadow goes a long way!) , etc., point is they try to at least look attractive, Alex just comes across like she doesn't care and looks like how I would imagine she rolls out of bed and goes on about the rest of her day.

Last edited:
Reactions: D9074

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I suspect you're confused about the definition of unfortunately. ;) Man tastes vary, and very slender, tall women with very feminine features isn't considered unfortunate by a huge subset of the male population.
It's unfortunate for the ones that aren't part of that "huge"? subset. Also he said super thin not slender nor tall. Also there are slender and tall woman that don't have feminine features, on the contrary.

Reactions: El Tanque

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Isabella is love, Isabella is life but give her a more rounded ass maybe?
Unfortunately, the world of "supermodels" is full of super thin women. :(
I suspect you're confused about the definition of unfortunately. ;) Man tastes vary, and very slender, tall women with very feminine features isn't considered unfortunate by a huge subset of the male population.
In my opinion you can't call Isabella "super thin".
In fact, for my taste and compared to her real life model, she is quite "defined".

But I do agree, in that render her ass could have been a little bit more shaped.
It's the cam perspective.
I will try to pay attention to that in the next renders.
Though she will always have a trained, sporty figure.

Reactions: tk99 and Ragnar

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I've got the same problem like the MC.

The stalker seems familiar, but I can't place him.
Damn ....
One more following the story and paying attention to the renders!

Will be revealed in the next update :)

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
It's unfortunate for the ones that aren't part of that "huge"? subset. Also he said super thin not slender nor tall. Also there are slender and tall woman that don't have feminine features, on the contrary.
How can I not agree that there are tall slender women who don't have highly feminine feature who are compellingly attractive? Thankfully they certainly exist.

Varying tastes mean that nothing related to taste is unfortunate. As I said tastes vary. I take the LIs in these games as they come. Some don't move me at all. Some I can take or leave. Some strike a chord deep within my imagination. I have no expectations about how the author will present his/her cast of characters, as I said I take them as they come. Judging a cast as unfortunate means that the complainer has gifted themself with the authority to judge the author from some supreme position. A position which doesn't exist

There are many aspects of VN development to which the notion of unfortunate can be applied. The selection of a cast isn't one of them. Tastes vary. If the cast isn't to your taste raise it. The dev has the choice of expanding the cast to add someone you find attractive or not. If so congratulations. If not move on.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I've got the same problem like the MC.

The stalker seems familiar, but I can't place him.
Damn ....
Based on the pendant it's Michael the barber. Having said that I think he is harmless, you know just taking pictures for his collection. He might have even helped Isabella by unknowingly chasing away the person that drugged the dog.

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021
031-1-19.png

This time i don't have much to say.
Working on Chapter 3.1, first 32 renders are done, two characters "created".

These new characters will be introduced in the upcoming chapter and after finishing the introduction (finally :)) the real story will start.

I would like to thank all new and existing supporters.
I'm glad you like my work and your support really helps me to create the game.

Have a nice weekend!

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
How can I not agree that there are tall slender women who don't have highly feminine feature who are compellingly attractive? Thankfully they certainly exist.

Varying tastes mean that nothing related to taste is unfortunate. As I said tastes vary. I take the LIs in these games as they come. Some don't move me at all. Some I can take or leave. Some strike a chord deep within my imagination. I have no expectations about how the author will present his/her cast of characters, as I said I take them as they come. Judging a cast as unfortunate means that the complainer has gifted themself with the authority to judge the author from some supreme position. A position which doesn't exist

There are many aspects of VN development to which the notion of unfortunate can be applied. The selection of a cast isn't one of them. Tastes vary. If the cast isn't to your taste raise it. The dev has the choice of expanding the cast to add someone you find attractive or not. If so congratulations. If not move on.
It is UNFORTUNATE because many of the models are forced to have extremely thin bodies, and end up putting their health at risk, in order to succeed in this environment. Regardless of whether you find it attractive or not.
The video shown by the friend a few posts earlier, shows that this tendency is changing, and I am very happy about it.
Don't know where you get that I ever said that Isabella is super thin, you distort the words of others at your whim and understand what you want, which is totally a separate thing from what I said. I was talking about the fashion culture's tendency to be extremely thin.
Untitled-1.jpg
Anyway I already said that I prefer the news girl, if the story with her goes nowhere, then I have no problem with not playing this game anymore. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: D9074

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
It is UNFORTUNATE because many of the models are forced to have extremely thin bodies, and end up putting their health at risk, in order to succeed in this environment. Regardless of whether you find it attractive or not.
The video shown by the friend a few posts earlier, shows that this tendency is changing, and I am very happy about it.
Don't know where you get that I ever said that Isabella is super thin, you distort the words of others at your whim and understand what you want, which is totally a separate thing from what I said. I was talking about the fashion culture's tendency to be extremely thin.
View attachment 1749245
Anyway I already said that I prefer the news girl, if the story with her goes nowhere, then I have no problem with not playing this game anymore. ;)

it is crazy how thin some rl models are and that young girls feel like they need to be like that too.

its all personal preference, i like a lot of different body types, but if i had to chose one id say i like them a little thicker. when it comes to super skinny it just doesnt look healthy and id be afraid to break them

Reactions: El Tanque

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What is tragic about her is me not being inside her mind,
deeply throbbing her most aching desires for hot steamy action.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We can have all the cute back and forth about her nails gripping the skin off my back while we go at it.

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Bella Bella Bella magnifico . Good dialogue Good renders and animations good story . Philly Games, Depraved Awakening raised the bar on Renpy Games this game raises the bar further. Keep up the good work IMHO

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Bella Bella Bella magnifico . Good dialogue Good renders and animations good story . Philly Games, Depraved Awakening raised the bar on Renpy Games this game raises the bar further. Keep up the good work IMHO
Wow. Thanks, that's the motivation I need for a new week, as the general feedback has been ..... little.

I'm honored to be mentioned with Philly in the same sentence, but I'm far away from even being anywhere close to DA.
But I promise to do my best.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Wow. Thanks, that's the motivation I need for a new week, as the general feedback has been ..... little.

I'm honored to be mentioned with Philly in the same sentence, but I'm far away from even being anywhere close to DA.
But I promise to do my best.
You're doing great! I love your game and look forward to every update. Just pursue your vision and with a bit of luck you'll achieve your goals. I only mention luck because as we've seen lately, outside events can roll over anyone. You're creating a very high quality product. I look forward to your future.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I just started a poll, because I really want to know what people think about Alex.

Disclaimer: The result of this poll will not change anything for the story. Everybody who doesn't like her can skip the sex scenes and ditch her later, as it was always planned as one of the three paths (Alex alone, Isa alone, threesome partnership).

I'm just curious :)

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes