VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
@Sesinho

This is a direct response to your rating https://f95zone.to/threads/isabella-dark-paths-ch-2-3-badtimetales.99680/br-reviews

Thanks for your rating, cant call it an opinion, because I doubt that you have played the game.

"The Mc has 1 girlfriend in the beggingin, then she dies, and after no time he is given another one right from the start."
(your wording and writing!)

It's been mentioned in the story a few times that between the tragic death of your Ex and the "no strings attached" relationship with Alex nearly a year has passed.
It has been explained what has happend and which role Alex has.

That's where I lost all interest in reading your opinion.
Because it clearly shows that you haven't played the game.

I'm really grateful for all constructive critics, but yours is just a joke.
Therefore there is no need to address the other things you have mentioned.
The best thing to do is ignore stuff like that unfortunately it's part of a dev's life. Mind you we do have rules for reviews if you feel someone broke it you can report for inappropriate behavior. You have a good game so far you can see that by comments, other reviews, and also subs. Shake it off and use that as motivation to stick it to them.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
The best thing to do is ignore stuff like that unfortunately it's part of a dev's life.
Unfortunately that's true.
And compared to other devs I've been lucky so far about getting BS comments. But I'm sure that will change soon. :)

Mind you we do have rules for reviews if you feel someone broke it you can report for inappropriate behavior.
It's not me loosing credibility. :)

You have a good game so far you can see that by comments, other reviews, and also subs. Shake it off and use that as motivation to stick it to them.
You bet and thanks for your kind words!

I can't imagine how a Dev feels after sinking money he can ill afford into a start up game only to be hit with something like that review.
That's a devs live.
Feedback (positive or negative) is rare, what you do is taken for granted from 99.x% of the people downloading your work.

This thread has 237k pageviews now. In five month.
Resulting in 15 ratings and 22 pages.

That is one reason why new devs give up very quickly.

ALL the Devs here deserve the reviews written to be objective and clearly explained.. This one fell far short of that.
And that I would like to second!

Every dev would like to hear "you are doing great", but many devs would like to hear constructive criticism too!

Just one example:
That guy asked if the time for creating the movies wouldn't have been better invested (in what?).
If he ever would have tried to set up and render an animation, he would know that a moving car is much more easier to set up and render than two bodies interacting.

Because that is a nightmare in Daz, without a working FK/IK physics, soft bodies and so many other things.

arroganz

Sep 6, 2020
Every dev would like to hear "you are doing great"
You are doing great :)
I do not comment on all games I like and play. First I am not a native English speaker, so I have to think a lot about how and what to say. Second I don't have the time and feel the need to write in every thread I follow, after every new release that I liked.
I comment when there is something exceptional (IMHO).
Your game is not so old and has a great number of positive reviews so far. So I think it is safe to say, that a lot of people like it even if they do not comment (like me until now ;))

jtc

Jul 1, 2017
Think isabella is just hotter then Alex and also very likable. I usually like to have as much content as possible with the characters I like the best so it feels like Alex just is a barrier for Isabella content.
I voted no, too. She's just annoying and the first sex scene can't even be avoided currently.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I voted yes because she isn't a bad character. She has an attitude and that's fine, she's a good hearted person.
On the other hand I can understand why some people wouldn't like her.
- She's pretty much forced on the MC. Forced romance can backfire.
- This is Isabella show. Alex can feel like a compensation until you reach you objective, Isabella.

Last edited:

supershocked

Feb 4, 2022
I voted yes as well. While she might not be the reason I started this VN, she has certainly grown on me. It's also refreshing to have LIs that don't all look the same.

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
I voted YES !!!
(for my own personal poll: "Do you like the whole work of badtimetales for their VN "Isabella - Dark Paths" so far?")

badtimetales, you're doing more than fine so far, seriously!
Alex is great, Isabella as well for me. Nothing feels off or forced or weird at the moment.
Your story is intoxicating and mysterious, your visuals are very well done (the transition sequences are top notch).
I really enjoy your work to the fullest!

So I THANK YOU for your hard work and persistent effort to create this because that can't be taken for granted at all!

But .... If there ever will be anything to complain about, be ensured that I will provide you with the most constructive criticism I'm capable of. ;)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
So I THANK YOU for your hard work and persistent effort to create this because that can't be taken for granted at all!

But .... If there ever will be anything to complain about, be ensured that I will provide you with the most constructive criticism I'm capable of.

Thanks for both!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gorse

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
It's weird, Alex is infinitely more attractive to me than Isabella. Horses for courses, I suppose :)
Hmpf.

Looks like Isa needs a little bit more buildup.
Ups, I didn't want to give spoilers about Chapter 3.1 :)

Reactions: jufot
4.50 star(s) 61 Votes