VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Alex's character is much more established at this point, whereas Isa is still a bit in the background. I know that's going to change in 3.1.
Ya, i've to work on Isa's character, starting in 3.1.
Scene 1 will show a different Isa.

031-1-22.png

There is just so much you can take and sometimes it gets too much.

But her development is one crucial part in Chapter 3.

But it's not just that! Physically, Alex is much, much more my type than Isa, who is more of a generic tall blonde :D
Generic tall blonde?!
Ouch.

jufot

May 15, 2021
Generic tall blonde?!
Ouch.
I think its better interpreted that Isa is maybe, physically, the stereotypical LI that we have become accustomed to seeing. Both characters are definitely unique, looks, personality, etc.
Sorry, I meant no offense! Like supershocked says, generic in the sense that her physical appearance is something that's very common in AVNs :)

Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
3-1.png

Weekend Update

Just a quick update

- Scene one is done (render, postwork, text)
- Two animations are rendered
- ~50% of scene two is setup

All in all i am on schedule.
The update will be a little bit bigger than normal, as there are a few story lines I would like to connect to the main story.

Have a nice Sunday!

Sep 3, 2020
View attachment 1774548

Weekend Update

Just a quick update

- Scene one is done (render, postwork, text)
- Two animations are rendered
- ~50% of scene two is setup

All in all i am on schedule.
The update will be a little bit bigger than normal, as there are a few story lines I would like to connect to the main story.

Have a nice Sunday!
I just wanted to say I tried your game and it looked really interesting but I'm not a fan of

I don't like being forced into a relationship or a forced sex scene

I have nothing against Alex personally but she is not my type

I don't mind being her friend but I wish her relationship was optional

to me, it seems that the MC got over his grief too quick

I thought he would blame himself for her death because he wasn't there to protect her

in my opinion, it would have been better if he got over his grief as the game goes on and he got closer to the girl

there's even an option to say that you're over it and it's in chapter 1

isn't it important in a Revenge story
to feel the character's grief

Last edited:

supershocked

Feb 4, 2022
I just wanted to say I tried your game and it looked really interesting but I'm not a fan of

I have nothing against Alex personally but she is not my type

I don't mind being her friend but I wish her relationship was optional

to me, it seems that the MC got over his grief too quick

I thought he would blame himself for her death because he wasn't there to protect her

I mean if I died I would like to think my significant other would wait at least a year before

sleeping with people again

in my opinion, it would have been better if he got over his grief as the game goes on and he got closer to the girl

there's even an option to say that you're over it and it's in chapter 1

There are several slides after the cop told you the news that explains through what the MC was feeling. It also repeatedly says months have passed, i think at one point it says a year has passed.

Edit:
Screenshot 2022-04-28 115358.png

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020
There are several slides after the cop told you the news that explains through what the MC was feeling. It also repeatedly says months have passed, i think at one point it says a year has passed.

Edit:
View attachment 1781426
I didn't skip over. But I guess I saw him grieving one minute and he has a girl the next but fair enough

if you said it's over a year. It's my mistake

and you may disagree with me on the force relationship

but you at least have to agree with me. He got over his grief a little too quickly and should have gotten over it as the story progressed

Last edited:

supershocked

Feb 4, 2022
I didn't skip over. But I guess I saw him grieving one minute and he has a girl the next but fair enough

if you said it's over a year. It's my mistake

and you may disagree with me on the force relationship

but you at least have to agree with me. He got over his grief a little too quickly and should have gotten over it as the story progressed
He was drinking heavily and isolated himself from family/friends. It took him several months to even leave the house let alone to start hooking up with someone. But yes, in terms of real time of playing the game, it doesn't take long between the tragedy and the relationship with Alex

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

One of the firsts comments was
"I play games to forget my life, not to see more drama" or "that's too dark".

To be honest, I thought that the first half of chapter one (explaining what has happened, before you go to the club to meet Alex) was already too long. The first few minutes in the game makes the people keep playing or deleting it.
And the whole accident/murder story is just meant as the background setup.

You are not the only one, that's why you can skip the sex scenes with her starting in chapter 2.1.

Anyways, thanks for giving it a chance and your feedback.

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
lol, gotta love those who skip over everything only looking for sex scenes and then come here complaining. I mean sure we can play a grieving simulator doesn't sound very fun though, maybe that's why it was "shortened" who would love playing a game for a year only to see the dude cry and drink himself to death.:LUL:

I liked that I got to see a little of the grieving but definitely don't want to play a game only about that, so I'm happy the dude is trying to move on in life and maybe find love and peace again.

But I guess everyone has their likes, still don't understand why people have the need to let everyone know they didn't like the game. Okay? good for you no one cares. Move on silently to a game you prefer. :LUL:

supershocked

Feb 4, 2022
lol, gotta love those who skip over everything only looking for sex scenes and then come here complaining. I mean sure we can play a grieving simulator doesn't sound very fun though, maybe that's why it was "shortened" who would love playing a game for a year only to see the dude cry and drink himself to death.:LUL:

I liked that I got to see a little of the grieving but definitely don't want to play a game only about that, so I'm happy the dude is trying to move on in life and maybe find love and peace again.

But I guess everyone has their likes, still don't understand why people have the need to let everyone know they didn't like the game. Okay? good for you no one cares. Move on silently to a game you prefer. :LUL:
Based on his fan sigs, I think he just wanted a slower, more developed story between the accident and present day.

These opinions just go to show that different people enjoy different things

Sep 3, 2020

so according to you feedback is a bad thing

and I never said I wanted it to be a grieving simulator I'm just saying he should have gotten over it as the game progressed and he got closer to the girls

nobody wants a grieving simulator

I thought he was going to use his grief and anger as motivation to find out what happened to her to keep the player interested

that's it and at no time was I rude or disrespectful

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
so according to you feedback is a bad thing
Not at all when it's constructive and helps the dev improve but things like "I don't like this LI" okay how's that constructive? That's just an opinion, not actually feedback. What didn't you like that could make her better? That's called feedback and could actually help the dev instead of an opinion that does nothing.

Also, constantly bringing something up that has been brought up time and time again even when the dev explained that Alex is kind of a big part of the story along with Isabella so you can't really avoid them, again it's wasted time as it was already talked about.

It's not just you either there are a TON of people who "mistake" their unhelpful opinion for feedback.

Sep 3, 2020
Not at all when it's constructive and helps the dev improve but things like "I don't like this LI" okay how's that constructive? That's just an opinion, not actually feedback. What didn't you like that could make her better? That's called feedback and could actually help the dev instead of an opinion that does nothing.

Also, constantly bringing something up that has been brought up time and time again even when the dev explained that Alex is kind of a big part of the story along with Isabella so you can't really avoid them, again it's wasted time as it was already talked about.

It's not just you either there are a TON of people who "mistake" their unhelpful opinion for feedback.
okay that's not feedback it was still how the game made me feel and what I thought about the characters

and some developers do care about that

not because it will change their mind

some developers like to hear how the game made people feel

if you still have a problem with the comments I made I don't know what else I can do I tried meeting you halfway

and good luck to the developer I really like how he responded to comments

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020

yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

Considering the Dev makes frequent appearances to answer questions/concerns, makes his opinion/feedback valid whether you like it or not. There is always the option to skip over or ignore comments you do not want to see. There was nothing offensive or mean spirited about what was said.

As far as the purpose for these boards....silly me, I thought there were a good place to sample/vent/theorycraft/comment about games that left impressions...be they positive/negative or neither. It's up to the Dev to either address or ignore these comments, whether they asked for them or not, however, well thought out impressions should be valid regardless whether you agree with them or not.

Even in cases where the Dev does not read/address what is written, venting gives those who have yet to sample and even those who have, a chance to preview and decide whether they want to spend time playing, or discuss different opinions/points of view.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Guys.

Please do not fight about Vidal the king of Pervert or Noneya666 comments.

Vidal stated his feeling.
Which, where Noneya is right, doesn't help me.

Somebody said in the first comments
"A killed girlfriend? I will not play this".
My answer was "Because John Wicks dog was killed in the first 5 minutes you didn't watch the movie?"
(Something like that. Too lazy to look it up).

The only constructive critic is the "forced sex". Which is avoidable since Chapter 2.1.
Alex has her fans, if somebody don't like her and still can't get over two sex scenes in Chapter 1, I can't change it.
Even if you decide not to have sex with her or to break up with her later for the Isa solo route, she is there and will be there.

I knew from the beginning that it would be hard with only two LI and an Alex like ... the Alex she is. :)
With no corruption, college, harem, supernatural theme (or all oft them).

Many people seem to forget that I'm new to this circus and, as I've said before: I've never been a creative person.
So I'm trying to do my best. Some like it, some don't.

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
Please do not fight about Vidal the king of Pervert or @Noneya666 comments.

Vidal stated his feeling.
Which, where Noneya is right, doesn't help me.
Yea, I honestly didn't mean to be a dick (this time) just stated something that needed to be said as most seem to confuse opinions and feelings with actual useful feedback that the dev could maybe consider (Still their game they choose what to do). Just wish people would do better.

I'm with the peeps that love Alex and Isabelle as they are. The story is intriguing also. Keep it up.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Weekend update

(reduced quality)

Uff....

A lot of work this week, but it was really productive.
60+ still renders and a lot of animation frames.

One animation (spoiler free) is attached.

As I said last weekend, I'm on schedule.
With the progress this week I'm more ahead of the planning.

Have a nice weekend.

PS: There is a Patreon poll going on, if you haven't voted yet.

As always, votes are weighted to your tier.

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes