VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Out of curiosity, how does MC looks like ( we always see him from behind)? Kind of looks like MC from Lexi, or Calisto ( I'm guessing it's one of the standard Daz male models. We always see some variation of a few, along with that Big Brother little twerp). Is this done so third person scenes are easier to set up/turn out better? While not showing his face, is better for "self-insert" storylines?

Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Out of curiosity, how does MC looks like ( we always see him from behind)? Kind of looks like MC from Lexi, or Calisto ( I'm guessing it's one of the standard Daz male models. We always see some variation of a few, along with that Big Brother little twerp). Is this done so third person scenes are easier to set up/turn out better? While not showing his face, is better for "self-insert" storylines?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

It's been a busy week with rendering and re-rendering (again).

The update is getting bigger and bigger and it's getting difficult to say how much is done until now, as i just started writing the script for scene two and three.

If something doesn't feel right with the interaction when writing the dialogues I'm adding some renders. So I might have some more renders to do for these scenes.

You'll meet a few new people

1.png

which will perhaps be able to help you

2.png

or at least shed some light on what has happened.

And you'll get to know more of Isabella's (and perhaps Alex) background

3.png

while the story develops in Chapter 3.1.

Have a nice Sunday and thanks for your support!

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

Weekend Update

Sorry for the late update,

but I needed a day to make a decision.
After playing one scene in RenPy I really didn't liked the lightning. So i tried to fix it in Gimp which worked for some renders, but not for all (different angle of view and few other reasons).
Good looking pictures mixed with a few bad looking?
I decided against it, set up the lighting completely new and will re-render the pictures.
And by the way extended the scene by 23 renders :)

So much for the bad news, as I had planned to give a rough release date this weekend.

The good news:
All except one scene is done (perhaps a few additional renders here and there after i played it again and got feedback).

It will be the biggest update ever (one scene alone with over hundred renders) and connect some story lines.

Hopefully I will be able to give a release date in a few days.

Thanks for you support and have a nice Sunday!

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Weekend Update

The girls are not amused.

4.png

What can I say?

I really wanted the update to be released this month, but as you probably guessed until now: That will not happen.
I'm just not happy with some parts. Both with storytelling and render quality.
Or in other words: I bite of more than I could chew in the period I set for myself.

The scenes I do like are polished, some additional renders added. I could split the update into two parts, but at this point I don't think that makes sense.

So I will fix what doesn't feel right and add one Isabella scene.

To give a rough time frame, I think the game will be send for proofreading next weekend.

Sorry to disappoint,

have a good Sunday!

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Weekend Update

I'll make it quick, because I'm really tired.

Chapter 3.1 stats:

752 lines.
4979 words.
314 pictures plus animations.

Four new characters introduced, two of them important for the story.
Story progress, one sex scene with a certain someone.

The beta version is out for the second proofreading. Will add music tomorrow.

Release will be at the weekend if nothing goes horribly wrong.

Thanks for your support!

supershocked

Feb 4, 2022
I enjoyed this update. I feel the story is progressing at a good pace. Didn't seem like lots of extra dialogue to extend gameplay (you know what I mean) - lots of conversation I feel are leading to some deeper connection to the story and/or relationships.

I got a couple of answers I was personally looking for. Meanwhile, there are now more questions that I await the answers to.

Really appreciated how we continually learn more about the different characters little by little.

Maybe a couple of frames seemed off with the dialogue but that could just have been me.

Good update, worth the wait!

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales
4.50 star(s) 60 Votes