VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I enjoyed this update. I feel the story is progressing at a good pace. Didn't seem like lots of extra dialogue to extend gameplay (you know what I mean) - lots of conversation I feel are leading to some deeper connection to the story and/or relationships.
It is a lot of conversation this time.
About ~50% more words - but that leads to nearly 2x play time.

I try to avoid unnecessary text to stretch it. Just telling the story :)

I got a couple of answers I was personally looking for. Meanwhile, there are now more questions that I await the answers to.
Well, isn't that what good stories are made of?
And in the end all questions lead to the final.

Good update, worth the wait!
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Development wasn't as smooth as i had wished, but I'm quite happy with the result.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Great update! It moved the story along and.. I'm not going to spoil it for the ones who haven't seen it yet. The quality of the work continues to be awesome.. Hope this one goes on for a long time.. Easily one of my favorite games here. Well worth the wait.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Jarulf

There is an early sex-scene that isn't avoidable, but it makes sense to lay the foundation for the MC's relationships, but there is another one in this update where I wasn't given a choice. I'm not sure if this was because of choices earlier in the game, or if there never was one regardless.
She asked you in Chapter 2.3 "I always liked you, how about we meet to catch up" (something like that).
Saying yes opens the route with her (and the scene in Chapter 3.1).

Probably will add a "stop her" choice in the next version.
Thanks for your review!

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Isabella - Dark Paths [Ch. 3.1] [badtimetales][FIXED] - Original Size: 849MB

Download Win/Linux/Mac :

Size for each Compression: Windows=253MB Linux=250MB Mac=244MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Jarulf

She asked you in Chapter 2.3 "I always liked you, how about we meet to catch up" (something like that).
Saying yes opens the route with her (and the scene in Chapter 3.1).

Probably will add a "stop her" choice in the next version.
Thanks for your review!
Wait, wait, to clarify, you mean a route or more of a "side fling" ( I think you mentioned previously Alex, Isabella, and possible relationship with both, are only real LIs), that could or majorly could, bite MC in the ass later on ( if you're involved with them)? ;)
Anyways, good update. Good progress with mystery investigation, it's obviously moving more slowly with Isabella ( but I don't mind).
I like MC, kind of a rare breed in adult VNs: intelligent, mature, handsome guy that a lot of women would be attracted to. We usually see either dull Alpha Chad self indulgent fantasy, or one of those annoying teenage twerps ( I vote we kill them all :ROFLMAO:)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Wait, wait, to clarify, you mean a route or more of a "side fling" ( I think you mentioned previously Alex, Isabella, and possible relationship with both, are only real LIs), that could or majorly could, bite MC in the ass later on ( if you're involved with them)?
Route is poorly worded, sorry. Better say the decision leads to the sex scene.
Alex and Isa are the LI's, but there is the chance to have fun with others.

They are just not part in the "and both of you / you three live happy till the end of times" end.

Anyways, good update. Good progress with mystery investigation, it's obviously moving more slowly with Isabella ( but I don't mind).
I like MC, kind of a rare breed in adult VNs: intelligent, mature, handsome guy that a lot of women would be attracted to. We usually see either dull Alpha Chad self indulgent fantasy, or one of those annoying teenage twerps ( I vote we kill them all :ROFLMAO:)
Thanks. :)

Ya, with Isabella's concerns about Alex feelings there is a way to start something more

One thing I found funny/odd is you couldn't warn Valerie if you finish in her mouth during lifted 69, and she just takes it like a pro.
Guess your mouth was busy :)

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
This game is my staple from now on, holy shit how did i miss this gem even though i bookmarked it few months back. I'm absolutely smitten with the characters (mc in particular), the storytelling and the erotic thriller element.
Blasphemous if I'm not able to sub you even after, I'll start with the signature. Deserve it.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Thanks for an excellent update. I really enjoy your VN. I hope that Isabella's concern for Alex's feelings don't become a reoccurring theme as I attempt to pursue a relationship with her. His surprise about Val's comments about the discussion she and Jen had about the MC suggests that the MC really didn't know Jen very well after all. All in all a very solid VN and I always look forward to the next update. Thanks for your hard work.

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales
4.50 star(s) 60 Votes