VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
A kiss on the cheek?
Still better than sex with most other women :p

I mean, isn't it obvious that Isa is the super slow burn option, whereas Alex is the one you can have more intimate fun with since she's already the MC's girlfriend? Sex with Isabella would come much too soon in 3.2 in my opinion.
Of course things may be bad for you if you don't like Alex and reject her. Then you are out of luck, unless you go for the occasional fling with random side characters. Then I would suggest you return in a year from now maybe when there is enough progression on the Isa route?

This game does give you enough options, slow burn, regular action and occasional flings. I like Alex, so I have no issues with Isa being on the slow path. But then again, I also like games like Price of Power where there is not even a characer like Alex and just someone like Isa ;) But once it happens it's so much more rewarding than quick action a few chapters in. It will certainly be the same with Isabella here.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Still better than sex with most other women :p

I mean, isn't it obvious that Isa is the super slow burn option, whereas Alex is the one you can have more intimate fun with since she's already the MC's girlfriend? Sex with Isabella would come much too soon in 3.2 in my opinion.
Of course things may be bad for you if you don't like Alex and reject her. Then you are out of luck, unless you go for the occasional fling with random side characters. Then I would suggest you return in a year from now maybe when there is enough progression on the Isa route?

This game does give you enough options, slow burn, regular action and occasional flings. I like Alex, so I have no issues with Isa being on the slow path. But then again, I also like games like Price of Power where there is not even a characer like Alex and just someone like Isa ;) But once it happens it's so much more rewarding than quick action a few chapters in. It will certainly be the same with Isabella here.
But what about a blowjob?

j.jpg

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
I really hope Isabella doesn't have a notebook with a checklist in it and that she will resort to the usual VN progression route...

50 handjobs --> 200 blowjobs --> opening up the cunnilingus route --> 5 almost penetrations, but cold feet at the last second because "reasons" ---> interruptions before their love is finally consumed by neighbors, the dog, an earthquake, tsunami or Godzilla... ---> one sex scene ---> pregnant belly in the epilogue ---> game over

:p

I think Isa should go all in once she's sure the MC is "Mr Right" :D So there's plenty of content until the end.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Jokes aside, if you're not into Alex then what? Those that aren't into her will get less content. I don't want a stairway to bed either (hj, bj, vp, ap, threesome) having sex shouldn't be the end game, just the beginning.

Reactions: LSC82

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Jokes aside, if you're not into Alex then what? Those that aren't into her will get less content. I don't want a stairway to bed either (hj, bj, vp, ap, threesome) having sex shouldn't be the end game, just the beginning.
If you are not into Alex, I hope you are into the story.

Isa knows the MC now for ... I lost count, 4 days?
For a supermodel which is usually harassed by "fans" she is quite comfortable with the MC, don't you think?

And she knows that there is more between Alex and the MC.
Does she look like somebody fucking around after a few days and destroy a whatever it is relationship?

Isa's path is set up in this update (3.2) with a kind regard from Zeus :p
But sorry, there are no lewd scenes with her in this release.

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
I really like both of them so waiting a bit to get more involved with Isa is no big deal for me, will make it that much better when it does happen.

Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
how many chapters is the game to have?
No fixed/planned count.
I know where the story will end. How to get there .... You would be surprised how many ideas you suddenly have.

Chapter 1 and 2 was introducing the characters and the story.
Chapter 3 is getting the main story going and more character building.

Last edited:

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
You would be surprised how many ideas you suddenly have.
But please no mysterious hatches, underground donkey wheels or churches in the afterlife! :sneaky:

From my experience having a plan and an idea of how and where things will end is important, but many times new ideas suddenly come up, or you see how the audience reacts to certain things and you may feel compelled to change the plan a bit here and there. Writing is an organic process. Sometimes characters can take on a life of their own or certain things develop a new dynamic you had not thought of before and new possibilities arise. But as long as the end goal is more or less fixed and doesn't change too drastically it's all ok. But even that depends!

I believe JK Rowling once said she kind of regrets that she stuck rigorously to her ending (which she had written down years before the series ended) given how the character relationships in the novels progressed etc. Hinting at the possibility that maybe HP would have ended up with Hermione instead for example.
I was rather partial to Luna Lovegood, but that's another topic :D

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
But please no mysterious hatches, underground donkey wheels or churches in the afterlife!
:ROFLMAO:

For sure not.

From my experience having a plan and an idea of how and where things will end is important, but many times new ideas suddenly come up, or you see how the audience reacts to certain things and you may feel compelled to change the plan a bit here and there. Writing is an organic process.
Most time it is just a "no, that doesn't flow right" feeling which leads to a new scene.
But when you work weeks on the story and played through what you have a few times you are getting kind of blind and loose the ability to think about what the player might think.

That's the same problem with the characters. I know what will happen in the next update and why the character acts like he does, but the player might think "WTF?".
That can be a good thing but can also backfire.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
this : Isabella: Dark Paths [Ch. 3.1 FIX] Walkthrough Mod
but ot was looking as yesterday's problem, now i can download it. thx for effort
You can always download My mods directly from the Patreon link, there are no fees to download my mods, I appreciate the support for sure, but I will never charge people for my mods. So if you have issues with mixdrop always check the Patreon link.

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes