VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Traducción al español actualizada / Spanish translation updated - C03.2
*** UPDATED POST 2022-AUG-14 ***

Traducción al español - C03.2

Como siempre, hay que descargar e instalar el juego original, y luego descargar y extraer la carpeta "game" del parche y pegarla dentro de la carpeta donde hayáis instalado el juego, reemplazando todo si os pregunta. Debería arrancar ya en español. En el menú Prefs aparecerá una opción de cambio de idioma.

---
Spanish translation - C03.2

As always, you have to download and install the original game, then download and extract the "game" folder from the patch and copypaste it into the same folder you've installed the game, replacing all when asked. The game then will always be launched in Spanish. A changing language option will appear in the Prefs menu.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Sure, feedback is always appreciated!
If you have played the scenes a few dozens times you just don't see this anymore.

So thanks a lot!
One more if you dont mind lol.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The bottom part is supposed to be on top of the right shoulder, the back part of the camera ends up being a counter weight to balance the front weight. This position naturally moves the viewport right to the front of the camerawomans eye. With her right arm now not fully extended in the new position she can have her right hand under the same part of the camera as shown in the image, but inside the strap handle to manipulate and secure the camera.

Reactions: badtimetales

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I find it adds to the emersion of the story, something we have to overcome to get close to her.
Zeus senses MC's fear. I would've made friends with him by now.

Who's a good boy? Zeus is such a good boy! You watch out for Isa, don't you boy? Good dog! Such a good boy... A few days of that and a zip lock full of bacon and he's MY dog too now. Hahaha :ROFLMAO: Such a good boy! You like it when I scratch your neck, huh? Yes you do! Such a good boy! Then reward him with bacon. Works like a charm.

First step is to let him smell you, offering the back of your hand for him to sniff. Then a very easy reach to stroke his fur... Speaking positively to him the whole time... good boy, Zeus! Such a good dog. Gonna pet you now... nice and easy... No one's going to hurt you. No one will hurt Isabella... Good boy... Such a good boy... If he tries to nip, redirect... bad dog! No bacon for you! Yeah! I have BACON!!! But, bacon is only for good dogs... Who's a good boy... and, go right back at it.

Zeus is a good dog. Isa is lucky to have him. He is rather possessive and protective of her but showing him love the way Isa does would be key to getting him to chill around you... bacon would help... hahaha:ROFLMAO: No fair giving out whole strips at a distance either... You break off 1-2 inch lengths and let him eat from your palm... hence the old metaphor, have them eating out of your hand.:devilish:

Hope our MC figures that out eventually. Dogs do respond better to confidence and friendliness than they do timidity and fear. If you do not assume the alpha role then you just became that dog's bitch.

Adventure ever on friends, Phat:cool:(y)

• Red Heart

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Sure about that?

:ROFLMAO:
Hahaha :ROFLMAO: Yes... because as MC we have something that Mr. Magnum did not have in that scene... The dog's owner addressed us as friend and then offered to let MC pet him. MC should have approached Zeus with confidence and kindness right at that point, even sans bacon. Zeus growled at MC because he sensed MC's hesitance which quickly turned to fear. By doing that at the critical point when the introduction was made, MC essentially assigned himself to the bitch role when he clearly should've presented as alpha.

Same principle I stated earlier... Growl, nip, snarl? Bad dog! Isa just said I'm a friend and you try to bite? Bad dog! It would be good at that point to have Isa reassure and pet Zeus, reasserting that MC is a friend. No, dogs do not understand language however they do read scent, body language and tone of voice rather well. Once Isa settles him, then redirect... I thought Zeus was a good boy... who's a good boy? And, go right back to asserting alpha dominance sprinkled with love and kindness while making a new friend. The only dogs that I have met that do not respond to this approach after an intro from the owner are chows. But then, chows are very much one person dogs.

Sláinte, Phat:cool:(y)

PS: MC pretty much set himself up to have the "Left Ear" bad experience...

Kuokaman

Dec 15, 2021
The game would be quite interesting if not for the fact that you are forced into a relationship with an unattractive girl. It spoils everything.

Reactions: Sedaisan

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
The game would be quite interesting if not for the fact that you are forced into a relationship with an unattractive girl. It spoils everything.
Dont know what youre talking about... you are not forced. And its not an relationship either at the beginning... they are fuckbuddys, for the MC just to overcome his loss... very early you have the chance to reject her, and a little later on youre able to reject her for good... well of course she wants the MC back, thats another story... but no, you are not forced to stay with her or get in a serious relationship.

It might be a little "annoying" to start with her as a fuckbuddy, i give you that, but thats really only for the first scenes... after that you can be just her friend if you want.

I liked her first, well her looks arent mine, especially the hair, and i dont like "punk-style" girls... but she was fun and likeable... that changed after a while. Now she is pretty much a bitching annoying jelous bitch, she cleary wants more but is to afraid to say so... and yeah, no chance in hell against Isabella in the long run.

Reactions: LSC82 and PapaPhat

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
IIRC the dev said, we can finally break up with her soon.
I would be all on board with a throuple, if the second girl would be Trisha, or Valerie...but Alex, i just don't like her. Additionally, beside the receptionist in the company of the father, Alex is the most unattractive girl out of all shown women in the game so far...

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Dont know what youre talking about... you are not forced. And its not an relationship either at the beginning... they are fuckbuddys, for the MC just to overcome his loss... very early you have the chance to reject her, and a little later on youre able to reject her for good... well of course she wants the MC back, thats another story... but no, you are not forced to stay with her or get in a serious relationship.

It might be a little "annoying" to start with her as a fuckbuddy, i give you that, but thats really only for the first scenes... after that you can be just her friend if you want.

I liked her first, well her looks arent mine, especially the hair, and i dont like "punk-style" girls... but she was fun and likeable... that changed after a while. Now she is pretty much a bitching annoying jelous bitch, she cleary wants more but is to afraid to say so... and yeah, no chance in hell against Isabella in the long run.
I've said this from the very first release, Alex proportions seems off to me. Her head looks kinda big for her body and she's skinny af. I don't mind her face or the hair even but the short skinny childlike body just doesn't fit with her head. Either she should've been a short stack or more fittingly build like Ashley from half way house.

As for how Alex acts. I don't know I think it's okay to have your characters be bitchy at times or jealous, it's normal human behavior. Everyone has their flaws which most Dev's tend to neglect when writing their female characters. They focus on making them so perfect and likeable but in the end it just makes em not feel "real". Alex obviously feels threatened by Bella cause not only is she a a beautiful super model but she also looks like the MCs ex fiancé. So of course she's going to be bitchy towards her.

I have to say tho it's kinda the opposite for me. At first I liked Bella but she's starting to become annoying with her constant drama and damsel in distress shtick. I do like it when she gets fiesty and fights back tho, it makes her seem less like a fragile piece of art the MC must protect.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I have no idea what ya'll are talking about. I love Alex. Soon as MC take's his head out of his ass to realize she's trying to say "i love you" I'm saying that shit right back!

I'm down for throuple or harem. Any of those work. Just don't make it single love interest as you've already pulled me in with too many lovely ladies.

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes