VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020

View attachment 1995452

Hi all and have a nice weekend!

Like Isa has tonight ;)

I decided to replace some stills with short animations.
Still not sure if that was a good idea.
Playing with Daz, learning.
Unfortunately still something I have to do.

First scene is finished with a few changes, second scene is 80% done.
Third scene about 55%.
Not necessarily in that order, I might change it and add some new scenes.

Thanks for your support and have a nice weekend!
First "GODDAMN".
Second i welcome the experiments, i think they'll be great not only for this game but for future projects (y)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

Hi all,

it's an early weekend update.

Yep, I know, some like the animations, some don't like them.
But I wanted to try some extra in-game animations so i replaced a few stills with a few animations. And ... yes, got carried away a little ;)

What do you think?

Haven't been well since last Saturday, problems with focusing, feeling dizzy.
Yep, i know. No, didn't do a test and I'm back to 85% already.
So unfortunately I didn't do so many renders as planned for this week, but i'm still ahead of schedule, including a few dozens rerenders.

preview.png

I'm late with the monthly special render poll. Was hoping for more easy to do renders like the ones have been suggested at discord :p

Poll will be up tomorrow!

Thanks for you support and have a nice weekend!

BTT

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

Hi all,

it's an early weekend update.

Yep, I know, some like the animations, some don't like them.
But I wanted to try some extra in-game animations so i replaced a few stills with a few animations. And ... yes, got carried away a little ;)

What do you think?

Haven't been well since last Saturday, problems with focusing, feeling dizzy.
Yep, i know. No, didn't do a test and I'm back to 85% already.
So unfortunately I didn't do so many renders as planned for this week, but i'm still ahead of schedule, including a few dozens rerenders.

View attachment 2006997

I'm late with the monthly special render poll. Was hoping for more easy to do renders like the ones have been suggested at discord :p

Poll will be up tomorrow!

Thanks for you support and have a nice weekend!

BTT
Tales... get well first. Take care of you... we will get the update once it is ready for us to have it. Take care of yourself and get well soon. Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

bike (2).png
raid.png

Weekend Update

Hi all!

It's a very late weekend update, as i wanted to finish this scene first.
It's difficult to show some pictures without a big spoiler, so that's all for now.

The scene is 90% finished, but i need some fill-in renders and a bit more text. About a days work.

All in all I'm on schedule and the next scene will be much easier to setup and render (without 8 characters ;)).

It's too late to wish you a nice weekend, but have a good start into the new week!

Thanks for your support,

BTT

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Thanks!

:oops:

Uhm, that's the main menu theme.
I thought people liked it. Let's hope that most of the players don't know who he is :p
Hasselhoff is actually an accomplished musician and rather popular in Europe. That is not necessarily an insult. Although, he is not really my style. As a retired professional musician who enjoys a wide variety of music, I must say that you have great taste in game score. As long as you remember to time your selections to the run time you estimate for each scene to avoid tracks getting annoying with too many repeats, you will continue to do just fine, Tales.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

PS: This is a great resource for royalty free score. And remember, variety is the spice of life!:devilish:(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

Weekend update

It's weekend, hi all ;)

It was a productive week and I'm quiet happy with the results.
I added ~400 lines to the script, a lot of renders (which brings the render count up to 192 without animation) and small animations.

The renders took much more longer than usual, because for some of them I had to do three or more renders and put them together into one because of hardware limits.
But it's done and: No more renders with 10 or more characters for this update.

I'm curious what you will say about the animations (no, not driving around ;)), I really do like them.

Thanks for your support,

have a nice weekend!

BTT

a.png b.png c.png d.png

nsfwdemanded

Nov 22, 2020
This game needs a rebranding, I haven't played this because I thought "oh goody, another -dark path- game with fucked up shit" but it has nothing to do with any of this. This is like Artemis, this game should be way more popular because it is good. Change the name and the banners and the whole stuff and a lot more people will play this

FlyinginTime

Sep 16, 2021
This game needs a rebranding, I haven't played this because I thought "oh goody, another -dark path- game with fucked up shit" but it has nothing to do with any of this. This is like Artemis, this game should be way more popular because it is good. Change the name and the banners and the whole stuff and a lot more people will play this
I also thought that at first
dark path- game with fucked up shit

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
Gotta say when I started this game I did not expect there to be a character that shares my name so when I encounter'd that character it was just a tad hard to follow which Michael was saying what considering that the shades for the names are so damn similar...But uhh great game so far...

Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Thanks for your feedback!

I've heard both ("dark path" and FMC) a few times.

The "dark paths" was meant to make clear it's a crime story, a thriller.
We have a killed ex gf, a drugged dog, an exploited model and a gun to the MCs head now. With a few other things implied

I understand your points and thanks for pointing them out.
Lady Aspen did a great job with the banner, but you are right: It can give the wrong impression.
So i will think about something different that highlights the thriller theme and makes clear that it's a MMC game.

Gotta say when I started this game I did not expect there to be a character that shares my name so when I encounter'd that character it was just a tad hard to follow which Michael was saying what considering that the shades for the names are so damn similar...But uhh great game so far...
That was mentioned a few times too, so I will rework the colors. I have to admit that I haven't thought about that.

Again, thanks for the feedback!

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Winter is coming .... nope ;)

Some extra renders. 4k at Patreon.

View attachment 2059207
View attachment 2059208
Isabella looks fabulous as always, my friend. :)
I also agree on winter...
Here in Phoenix, Arizona we only have two seasons... summer's coming and summer's here! :ROFLMAO: We are currently entering the cooler summer's coming season and I love it! When I say cooler, I mean as in no longer hot enough to fry an egg on your face in the sun! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: My year round attire is basketball shorts and a cotton T-shirt. My winter parka is a zippered hoodie. Here we get about eight to nine months of paradisiacal weather followed by three to four months of "oven." I say oven because folks that are not from these parts often say, "it's a dry heat" like that is some sort of consolation at 45C/115F on the thermometer. When they say it's a dry heat, my reply is always, "Yeah, so is my oven!" So, yeah, a few months of insufferable heat followed by beautiful weather the rest of the year.

Thank you for the beautiful renders. Hope to be playing new content very soon! :)
Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
It's down to 10°C/50F in the nights now ....

that is some sort of consolation at 45C/115F on the thermometer
I like it hot and have spend a fair time of my life in SEA countries.
But 45°C .... uhm. no, thanks ;)

Thank you for the beautiful renders. Hope to be playing new content very soon!
My pleasure.

Working hard on 3.3., like always no release date to be given, but I like it so far.
Except some rerenders I had to do this week.

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes