VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

cate.archer

Apr 26, 2021
Hello badtimetales !
I have a question to the above pictures: In the first picture (How it started), I think the character in the middle (by the table) looks a lot like Pixieblink ...... Is that coincident or.............??? :unsure::unsure::unsure:
And this story sounds interesting..... :cool:
Anyway, I looking crazy bad forward to the next update....
Really good work, your game !
Greetings from Vienna
C.

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Hello badtimetales !
I have a question to the above pictures: In the first picture (How it started), I think the character in the middle (by the table) looks a lot like Pixieblink ...... Is that coincident or.............??? :unsure::unsure::unsure:
And this story sounds interesting..... :cool:
Anyway, I looking crazy bad forward to the next update....
Really good work, your game !
Greetings from Vienna
C.
It does!
:ROFLMAO:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I have a question to the above pictures: In the first picture (How it started), I think the character in the middle (by the table) looks a lot like @Pixieblink ...... Is that coincident or.............???
Uhm, that guy is following me everywhere :LOL:

Next story: MC saving the girls from him, ending with a shooting and the girls saying thanks in their way ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: cate.archer

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I don't get it. At no point am I asked whether I want to have sex with Alex or not, I am forced to fuck her. But then at the end of the current content, you ask whether or not I am having sex with her.
No idea what game you have played, but you can avoid any sex with her since Chapter 2.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
So since 5 updates, because the question if you had sex with her is in Chapter 3.2 (because i fucked the variables up in 3.1. ;))

That will be fixed (the variable mistake) in an update later.
What will never be "fixed" is that you have sex with her from the beginning.

You can drop her as a LI in the next update, i said that more than once.

Reactions: Vollezar

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Okay.
I do like the game, don't get me wrong.
It's simply not clear that you are no longer in a relationship with her. She is always there, she even sleeps cuddle-up to MC near the end.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Okay.
I do like the game, don't get me wrong.
It's simply not clear that you are no longer in a relationship with her. She is always there, she even sleeps cuddle-up to MC near the end.
Thanks.

If you have choosen to not have sex with her (or you will drop her in the next update) she will still be there.
Because she is more to the MC than a fuck budy.
Obviously not in the same bed with you and Isa, but storywise she will be there.

Or how a user wrote: "She is and was important, as she dragged him out, brought him back to life"

Last edited:
Reactions: Vollezar

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Thanks.

If you have choosen to not have sex with her (or you will drop her in the next update) she will still be there.
Because she is more to the MC as a fuck budy.
Obviously not in the same bed with you and Isa, but storywise she will be there.

Or how a user wrote: "She is and was important, as she dragged him out, brought him back to life"
I do like their friendship. I am glad she'll remain a big part of his life. She is far more of a "White knight" than she accused him of being. Sadly, for her, it feels like she does have a lot more attachment to him than she lets on. At least I think she does.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I do like their friendship. I am glad she'll remain a big part of his life. She is far more of a "White knight" than she accused him of being. Sadly, for her, it feels like she does have a lot more attachment to him than she lets on. At least I think she does.
A big part of the update will be her background story, explaining why she is how she is.

The "Alex situation" should be clear after 3.3. ;)

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
I'm curious what you will say about the animations (no, not driving around ;)), I really do like them.
I know this is a three week old post, but just wanted to say quickly that 1) i know some people have criticised the driving around animations but 2) I really like them! I think they're neat and help set the scene, and i'm very glad you do them. Looking forward to seeing these other animations, too.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I know this is a three week old post, but just wanted to say quickly that 1) i know some people have criticised the driving around animations but 2) I really like them! I think they're neat and help set the scene, and i'm very glad you do them. Looking forward to seeing these other animations, too.
Some like them, some don't.
As I've said, they are easy to set up and rendered over night they don't block any production.

Because the most time consuming is setting up scenes with two or more characters, getting the lights right and so on.
That's what's slowing down the development the most.

Well, and the new animations ..... for example

;)

View attachment c033dis2.webm

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Some like them, some don't.
As I've said, they are easy to set up and rendered over night they don't block any production.

Because the most time consuming is setting up scenes with two or more characters, getting the lights right and so on.
That's what's slowing down the development the most.

Well, and the new animations ..... for example

;)

View attachment 2071120

They are always too short to be annoying. I don't see how anyone has an issue with your flawless little mood setting animations, Tales. Many of the top AVN devs use them often. To me they are a sign of quality and that you care to present something more refined. I love them.;) Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

• Red Heart

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

c033home-04.png c033home-11.png

Development and story isn't set in stone.

I've done that quite a few times.
Playing what I have, thinking about what I want to tell.
Adding a whole scene or expanding one, because what's there is not enough.

I know that many devs have a strict workflow.
Story, renders. Done.

Sure their life is easier.
But I don't care, i want it to feel good and tell all the details that are needed for the story progression.
And if something doesn't feel right, or it feels like something is missing.
I'm trying to fix that. ;)

Maybe I'm overdoing it.
But as long as it feels right for me .... I will keep doing it. ;)

Thanks for your support!

BTT

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes