VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I have to say tho it's kinda the opposite for me. At first I liked Bella but she's starting to become annoying with her constant drama and damsel in distress shtick. I do like it when she gets fiesty and fights back tho, it makes her seem less like a fragile piece of art the MC must protect.
She changed quiet a bit in the latest updates.
And while Alex's character/behavior will be fully explained in Chapter 3.3, there is quiet a bit to explain about Isa.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
Decent game. Story's a bit weird at times with things like the veterinarian acting suspicious saying "I've never seen you before". Like the dude hangs out at her house all the time or something. Or maybe Isabella has a secret room full of farm animals, who knows?? :LOL:
The driving animations seem like an unnecessary waste of time, but whatever. Other than those things it's a pretty good story so far.

Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Decent game. Story's a bit weird at times with things like the veterinarian acting suspicious saying "I've never seen you before". Like the dude hangs out at her house all the time or something. Or maybe Isabella has a secret room full of farm animals, who knows?? :LOL:
Vet is friends with Isa's uncle. Which the player doesn't know right now.

The driving animations seem like an unnecessary waste of time, but whatever. Other than those things it's a pretty good story so far.

Some like them, some don't care, some hate them.

They take 1/10 of the time to create compared to a sex animation and ... you might have guessed, I like them ;)

Thanks for your feedback!

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Vet is friends with Isa's uncle. Which the player doesn't know right now.

Some like them, some don't care, some hate them.

They take 1/10 of the time to create compared to a sex animation and ... you might have guessed, I like them ;)

Those little driving cut scenes help to set the atmosphere, I like them... As for the vet...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

Whatever happens, I'm all in with this story. The pot is just too rich to fold. Holding two queens and ready for the flop, dealer... Let's see all your cards on the table. We have a winner here!:devilish: Ready for more when it is ready for us. Exceptional AVN here. More, please! And, Thank you;)(y)

Adventure ever on fellow fiends and friends, Phat:cool:(y)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I already gathered that Uncle is a high ranking mafioso, possibly the big boss and that the vet and any other service that Isa might call would be in with the uncle. She doesn't know anyone NOT affiliated with her uncle other than MC and Alex. I am curious to see how it plays out if/when uncle shows up to find his nieces new friends.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Played it for the first time and overall I liked it.

Chapter 1 and especially the mc introduction need some rework imho, mc appears to be a little unlikeable and that story about the plane still feels like an excuse to me lol.

After ch1 though the game picked up quite nicely. I would carefully alternate between the girl scenes and the investigation ones, in the last update there was something like 3 or 4 investigation scene one after another and it was a little much.

I hope there'll be many throuple scenes in the future.

• Red Heart

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Dont know what youre talking about... you are not forced. And its not an relationship either at the beginning... they are fuckbuddys, for the MC just to overcome his loss... very early you have the chance to reject her, and a little later on youre able to reject her for good... well of course she wants the MC back, thats another story... but no, you are not forced to stay with her or get in a serious relationship.

It might be a little "annoying" to start with her as a fuckbuddy, i give you that, but thats really only for the first scenes... after that you can be just her friend if you want.

I liked her first, well her looks arent mine, especially the hair, and i dont like "punk-style" girls... but she was fun and likeable... that changed after a while. Now she is pretty much a bitching annoying jelous bitch, she cleary wants more but is to afraid to say so... and yeah, no chance in hell against Isabella in the long run.
it's at that "it's starting to get complex point" she was a fuck buddy, she's clearly angling for more, i'm starting to look at other more enticing(a lot more) prospects... but i'm still banging her because, well... i got nothing better to do currently.
The fact that Isabella seems fond of her is definitely a complicator.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Sure it is an excuse.
For the MC being away and Alex being worried.
Yeah... it's an excuse all right... MC's story would explain a week, maybe two but four? What was he doing the rest of the time... So, your phone is trashed and you lost your friend's number... her place of work would have a listed number where you could've left a message for Alex and William both...

The real reason is left unspoken... MC is having to deal with shit in his life and doesn't know how to cope with it. He's already established that pattern... life throws him a mean curve ball... MC goes into hiding and tortures himself with alcohol... We should all know that is what really happened for the rest of MC's overseas visit, including Alex and William once they hear MC's excuse but neither of them call him out because they don't want to be hurtful assholes... Alex gets her playful revenge through teasing which actually takes MC's mind off of his worries yet again. She's a powerful and positive influence on the mopey prick. Hahaha :ROFLMAO: I've done the same thing in my own life on a few too many occasions and it took the love of friends and family to dig me out again... Considering that MC's first bout with depression lasted over a year, a four week relapse is an improvement in contrast... Anyway... just an old man's two cents worth...
Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:cool:(y)

Last edited:

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Chapter 1 and especially the mc introduction need some rework imho, mc appears to be a little unlikeable and that story about the plane still feels like an excuse to me lol.
Imo a flawed MC starting/recovering from a bad place and getting better - regarding mental health, character development and growing more and more likable - feels like a better character arc than being Mr. Perfect from the beginning.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Imo a flawed MC starting/recovering from a bad place and getting better - regarding mental health, character development and growing more and more likable - feels like a better character arc than being Mr. Perfect from the beginning.
Oh I totally agree with you, character flaws are what make a character interesting, but here it wasn't very clear imo. A simple line of thought like "I hate lying to her but I have to" would've made me understand better the situation and cut him some slack.

Reactions: hermesh

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Well cooked story, not that something unseen earlier in different detective movies and series, but mixed together it's giving a very enjoyable taste. Kudos to the dev!
The only thing that makes me feel kinda OCD is the common case for many games. You start the game, learn a bit about the MC and his background, and then bam! Ten o'clock postman, bring me a girlfriend. The game tells me that I have a girlfriend, we've been in some sort of relations for a while. Ok, well, tell me more then about her, who she is, what kind of relations do we have, why did I choose her, what is our common background, show me all these things? And the game: "Nah, no time for this, just answer my question right now, is she the love of your life, or is she just a friend with benefiets, or she means nothing to you?". And how the hell should I know this, I just met her a couple of screens before!

• Red Heart

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
or is she just a friend with benefiets, or she means nothing to you?". And how the hell should I know this, I just met her a couple of screens before!
That question has never been asked until now ;)

I think i described the relationship between Alex and the MC well, how they met, how she had helped him (and maybe he her, who knows?).
The problem until now is (as long as you are on her path): She is there. Whenever you want and a bit more ;)

The MC doesn't have to think about "do I feel more?". That happens if you have something like that going on for a longer time.
On the other hand Alex is not somebody talking so much about her problems, including her past. Comes with her character, because as we have seen, she isn't the all tough girl she looked like in the first chapter.

Chapter 3.3. will finally solve that.

Last edited:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

p2.png

Hi all and have a nice weekend!

Like Isa has tonight ;)

I decided to replace some stills with short animations.
Still not sure if that was a good idea.
Playing with Daz, learning.
Unfortunately still something I have to do.

First scene is finished with a few changes, second scene is 80% done.
Third scene about 55%.
Not necessarily in that order, I might change it and add some new scenes.

Thanks for your support and have a nice weekend!

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

View attachment 1995452

Hi all and have a nice weekend!

Like Isa has tonight ;)

I decided to replace some stills with short animations.
Still not sure if that was a good idea.
Playing with Daz, learning.
Unfortunately still something I have to do.

First scene is finished with a few changes, second scene is 80% done.
Third scene about 55%.
Not necessarily in that order, I might change it and add some new scenes.

Thanks for your support and have a nice weekend!
There's always a learning curve when taking on new challenges. You've already proven that you are up to the task and will only improve as your skills grow, my friend. Happy to offer myself for play testing if needed. I can't code my way out of a single hex with code but I have extensive play testing experience with mods and games. Happy to help. Just send me a note in a DM if I can help in any way. Adventure ever on my friend, Phat ;)

PS: Isa is a total hottie! :devilish:

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes