VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
badtimetales
.... how are the electricity prices in DE ???? :unsure:
Actually I got a raise from 0,32€ to 0,39€ per kwh.

Which is better (cheaper) than what i've heard from most people.
Some people got a 35-50% raise.
If you sign a new contract now it's 0,45€ up.

And this is not the end of the price development.
I did some calculations with the new 3090TI.
It draws more power, but renders faster, so all in all the power usage is the same compared to the 3070TI.

But yes, energy prices are a big problem.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

Which is better (cheaper) than what i've heard from most people.
Some people got a 35-50% raise.
If you sign a new contract now it's 0,45€ up.

And this is not the end of the price development.
I did some calculations with the new 3090TI.
It draws more power, but renders faster, so all in all the power usage is the same compared to the 3070TI.

But yes, energy prices are a big problem.
Wow! That IS expensive! Of course, I think the reason that ours is roughly half of that cost is that I live within the blast radius of a nuclear power plant! Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: TBH, if the bombs ever drop, I do not want to survive... Just give me the bright flash of light and a quick good night! Meanwhile, I'll consider myself fortunate that electricity is more reasonable here than other places...

The trade off is that your healthcare is likely more affordable. US healthcare is way more expensive than it has to be! Anyway, glad you are willing to spend the extra coin to keep giving us more Isabella, my friend.;)(y) Thank you;)

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)

Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
At this time now, it's not the nuclear plants being a thread. Or .... well, they never have been.
Germany decided to step out of nuclear and coal plants, hail to windmills and PV.
And until that transformation is done, they decided gas to produce electricity is a great solution.
Well .... even not a good plan if you have gas. But if you don't have, because of your own decisions........
It's just fucking stupid.

The trade off is that your healthcare is likely more affordable. US healthcare is way more expensive than it has to be! Anyway, glad you are willing to spend the extra coin to keep giving us more Isabella, my friend.;)(y) Thank you;)

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)
You're kidding, right?
I'm paying ~800$ every fucking month for my healthcare insurance.
Ok, it's a premium private plan which really covers everything.

But even in the gov plans I would pay 500$+ with much less perks.

• Sad
Reactions: PapaPhat

cate.archer

Apr 26, 2021
And PapaPhat :
1665534474097.png
This is the latest offer from my provider here in Austria. And he's NOT the expensivest...

The trade off is that your healthcare is likely more affordable. US healthcare is way more expensive than it has to be!
Here in Austria (and also in Germany, I think) health insurance is automatically deducted from the salary for normal workers (no company owners/self-employed). It's government insurance...

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
And PapaPhat :
View attachment 2096155
This is the latest offer from my provider here in Austria. And he's NOT the expensivest...

Here in Austria (and also in Germany, I think) health insurance is automatically deducted from the salary for normal workers (no company owners/self-employed). It's government insurance...
NeuveRtrag (new contract) I think?

Same like in GERMONEY.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
At this time now, it's not the nuclear plants being a thread. Or .... well, they never have been.
Germany decided to step out of nuclear and coal plants, hail to windmills and PV.
And until that transformation is done, they decided gas to produce electricity is a great solution.
Well .... even not a good plan if you have gas. But if you don't have, because of your own decisions........
It's just fucking stupid.

You're kidding, right?
I'm paying ~800$ every fucking month for my healthcare insurance.
Ok, it's a premium private plan which really covers everything.

But even in the gov plans I would pay 500$+ with much less perks.
Sounds like a good time to get fit and go solar!!! I'd go broke just paying your insurance and electric with nothing remaining for rent or food! Yikes!!!o_O

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

Same like in GERMONEY.
Germoney... that's funny!:ROFLMAO: Don't hate me now... but the standard electricity cost in my area is around $0.12 per kwh... and I'm still over $1K behind because my disability payout is so small. I can't work or I would. Been this way 10 years now so complain all you like. At least you can still work and earn a living...
Peace out, Phat:censored:

cate.archer

Apr 26, 2021

Same like in GERMONEY.
Ja, du hast Recht ! Ich habe zum Glück noch voriges Jahr eine Vertragsverlängerung zu den alten Bedingungen abgeschlossen, und zahle viel weniger (zumindest bis September 2023).......

And for the others:
Yes, you're right ! I have made (my luck) in the last year a contract extension with the better conditions and pay much less...for now !

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
badtimetales : back to the topic : I will only say, I LOVE the pictures of Alex (on Patreon) !!! Very nice !
...and, with the new Super-Turbo-Graphiccard the next update is in sight.... i'm glad of.....
Well, I think you will like the new animation ;)
Trying to stress the GPU a bit. Dforce hair, mirror, moving cam.
Let's see what this monster can do ;)

Probably a "Monday Motivation" post, or if I get it done in time for the weekly status update (it will not be in the game though).

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

4p.png

Weekend Update

Hi all!

A bit late, but I wanted to finish this scene first to see where I am.
Finished and polished this scene and did some dozens re-renders for another scene. Again.

Render count is at 382 and a lot of small animations like the above.

There are two scenes to finish, which I think i'll get done in the next days, so beta/proofreading can start (and hopefully be finished) next week.

The 3090TI is a true gamechanger.
It makes the life so much easier that it's actually fun to work with.
And it's not only about render times (which would have been 2-4 time longer for the above image), all the optimizing work isn't necessary anymore, which really speeds up scene setup.

Have a nice Sunday and a good start into the next week, late tonight/tomorrow morning i'll upload a new Monday Motivation ;)

Thanks for your suppport!

BTT

Last edited:

GameRebel

Mar 29, 2020
New to this game & have version 2.1 that I'm starting a game in. Will I be able to continue saves in new version or should I just dl & install the new version to begin? thnx in adv

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
New to this game & have version 2.1 that I'm starting a game in. Will I be able to continue saves in new version or should I just dl & install the new version to begin? thnx in adv
I made a mistake with variables in 3.1 but for now all saves are working (in 3.2 you will be asked about a decision you made before to fix my mistake).

• Red Heart
Reactions: GameRebel
4.50 star(s) 61 Votes