VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

Moosica

Dec 7, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you for this wonderful game :love:

It's the update you have been waiting for (I hope).

Sorry for being quiet the last week, I had a few things to catch up with.
And did some fill-in renders and a complete (unplanned) scene.

That's the curse of the 3090, i guess.
Pictures and animations I wouldn't have rendered before I'm rendering now. Because I can.

Anyway, you voted for longer updates and it's really time to get this one out.
Render count is 600+ in stills and i have stopped counting the animation frames, 2000+ lines of script.

I'll do a play through today and send it to editing tonight or tomorrow.
Still have some renders to correct (pokethroughs) and to add music, but I'll finish that while it's edited/proofread.

Thanks for your support and have a nice weekend!

BTT

Reactions: badtimetales

xReoK

Jun 6, 2020
Every support helps, without it I wouldn't have been able to buy a 3090.
But there are more important things than supporting me creating some pixels.

So please only support if you can afford it.
Creative feedback or a rating would help besides money.

Anways, thanks ;)
That's what we call a gentleman move. Seriously I don't think there are many devs that would say such a think. I always liked the humble type will be supporting you till the end good sir maybe not financially (because my currency sucks) but definitely will recommend your game to people. Btw I love Isabella's render it's def top notch.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
That's what we call a gentleman move. Seriously I don't think there are many devs that would say such a think. I always liked the humble type will be supporting you till the end good sir maybe not financially (because my currency sucks) but definitely will recommend your game to people. Btw I love Isabella's render it's def top notch.

Thank you.
Seriously: As a new dev (and with missing tags like harem, school etc) it's nearly impossible to get a big fanbase.
I knew that before and I decided to create this story anyway.

What is really frustrating, and i think i'm speaking for most devs, is the (missing) feedback.
I mean .... this thread has > 500k views.

The renders are getting better. With one year experience developing Chapter one and one year for Chapter 2-3 and the new gpu now I think you will like the new renders.

Anyway, thanks for your support, much appreciated!

Last edited:

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Thank you.
Seriously: As a new dev (and with missing tags like harem, school etc) it's nearly impossible to get a big fanbase.

What is really frustrating, and i think i'm speaking for most devs, is the (missing) feedback.

The renders are getting better. With one year experience developing Chapter one and one year for Chapter 2-3 and the new gpu now I think you will like the new renders.

Due to eyesight issues I tend to lur more often than actively post as before. But I can agree with the prrevious poster's compliments on your work. What I have noticed is that slower burn AVN's that concentrate on storylines (rather a succession of sex scenes that they can fap too) often get less positive interactions. Its a shame but does seem to hold true of several games which focus on story and render quality.

But again I love what you have given us so far, and look forward to the rest of Isabella's story, and eventually any future works you do.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Due to eyesight issues I tend to lur more often than actively post as before. But I can agree with the prrevious poster's compliments on your work. What I have noticed is that slower burn AVN's that concentrate on storylines (rather a succession of sex scenes that they can fap too) often get less positive interactions. Its a shame but does seem to hold true of several games which focus on story and render quality.

But again I love what you have given us so far, and look forward to the rest of Isabella's story, and eventually any future works you do.
Sorry to hear about your eyesight :( Hope it will get better.
Going to have an appointment with my doc next month, first time i need glasses i think.

Slow burns never had and never will have the success of some other games.
There are a few games doing good, but they all started early 2020 or before.

The problem is that the players have no idea how much time it takes to set up a good render.
I don't blame them, how would they know?

I've made a few mistakes while developing Isa. Guess everybody does with his first project.
But i still don't regret anything, but at least I know how to do better for the next project.
As long as I'm having fun doing it, not running into a burnout or even worse... it's all good.
Supporters will come and go. Hopefully more will come than go.

My current supporters are great and I'm really glad to have them.
So it's me doing my thing and giving them something (which they hopefully like).

It's all good ;)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Sorry to hear about your eyesight :( Hope it will get better.
Going to have an appointment with my doc next month, first time i need glasses i think.

Slow burns never had and never will have the success of some other games.
There are a few games doing good, but they all started early 2020 or before.

The problem is that the players have no idea how much time it takes to set up a good render.
I don't blame them, how would they know?

I've made a few mistakes while developing Isa. Guess everybody does with his first project.
But i still don't regret anything, but at least I know how to do better for the next project.
As long as I'm having fun doing it, not running into a burnout or even worse... it's all good.
Supporters will come and go. Hopefully more will come than go.

My current supporters are great and I'm really glad to have them.
So it's me doing my thing and giving them something (which they hopefully like).

It's all good ;)
Tales my friend... you just keep on telling the story you want to tell us. We're just along for the ride.

Still impressed and intrigued... Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Thank you.

I'm with you on that... considering how good the game is, I am surprised to see so little interaction here. But yeah when you don't have harem, incest and stuff like it may be a bit tougher to get noticed.

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
I'm with you on that... considering how good the game is, I am surprised to see so little interaction here. But yeah when you don't have harem, incest and stuff like it may be a bit tougher to get noticed.
I don't think incest or harem is needed here, you can get both the main girls anyways. I really like the fact this is focused on Isa & Alex, it's nice not having to wait a few updates to see your favorite LI... I'm sure this game will get more attention as the updates come out, one of my favs for sure.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I don't think incest or harem is needed here, you can get both the main girls anyways. I really like the fact this is focused on Isa & Alex, it's nice not having to wait a few updates to see your favorite LI... I'm sure this game will get more attention as the updates come out, one of my favs for sure.
I didn't say it's needed here, just that they are popular themes.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I didn't say it's needed here, just that they are popular themes.
I get what you were saying, friend. I also agree with JustPeekin. No one is insulting anyone's opinion here. These are just our thoughts typed out in forum. Hell... I'm probably reading too much into this myself right now! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

This is not your typical title full of all the tags that make a game popular. I'm a huge harem fan but I enjoy romance and intrigue as well. I do not like those formulaic titles that put fetish over substance and being popular over great story telling. Badtimetales is an exceptional story teller and it's a shame that great story doesn't make a dev more popular. My favorite games and story titles here on F95 are some of the best kept secrets. I'm always trying to share them with friends and bring them into the light so more folks can see just how brilliant they are while not losing their sex appeal. That is a delicate balance... one that Tales strikes brilliantly, IMHO. Those are also my very favorite games and AVN stories. I enjoy a good "fuck romp" title as much as the next guy. I just choose not to make my home there like most of the folks you encounter in the forums for those games. Most of them wouldn't know a great story if it slapped them in the face!
Hahahahahahaha:ROFLMAO:

Enjoy the story here and adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I get what you were saying, friend. I also agree with JustPeekin. No one is insulting anyone's opinion here. These are just our thoughts typed out in forum. Hell... I'm probably reading too much into this myself right now! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

This is not your typical title full of all the tags that make a game popular. I'm a huge harem fan but I enjoy romance and intrigue as well. I do not like those formulaic titles that put fetish over substance and being popular over great story telling. Badtimetales is an exceptional story teller and it's a shame that great story doesn't make a dev more popular. My favorite games and story titles here on F95 are some of the best kept secrets. I'm always trying to share them with friends and bring them into the light so more folks can see just how brilliant they are while not losing their sex appeal. That is a delicate balance... one that Tales strikes brilliantly, IMHO. Those are also my very favorite games and AVN stories. I enjoy a good "fuck romp" title as much as the next guy. I just choose not to make my home there like most of the folks you encounter in the forums for those games. Most of them wouldn't know a great story if it slapped them in the face!
Hahahahahahaha:ROFLMAO:

Enjoy the story here and adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)
No worries. I personally don't like harem games all that much, it's just too easy and too unrealistic in most cases. I prefer games where there is actual romance, drama, intrigue etc. compared to the ones where the MC falls in dick first into every available hole. Incest on the other hand can be pretty good if done well, and I don't mean the night creeping and groping shit, that's just... ugh. Btw if you have some other hidden gems as you mentioned drop me a pm with them, I'd very much like to check them out.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
No worries. I personally don't like harem games all that much, it's just too easy and too unrealistic in most cases. I prefer games where there is actual romance, drama, intrigue etc. compared to the ones where the MC falls in dick first into every available hole. Incest on the other hand can be pretty good if done well, and I don't mean the night creeping and groping shit, that's just... ugh. Btw if you have some other hidden gems as you mentioned drop me a pm with them, I'd very much like to check them out.
Again, I must agree, my friend. As much as I love a good harem, the good titles that employ that element in their story are few and far between. They are all contrived to a certain extent, most just go too far. The ones I enjoy have the most plausible reasons for the harem existing. I'll tell you about a few of those as well as some titles you will likely enjoy more in a PM. Thank you for suggesting that. I was thinking the same thing myself. As much as I enjoy sharing I do not wish to take anything away from Isa or Badtimetales. This forum belongs to them and we discuss that title here. I'll be happy to take the rest of this conversation to the "side bar." :)

Again, Tales, I love this story! :) Please keep those updates coming. :) I sense one is drawing near and I am chomping at the bit like a prized stallion to see your next update to this fab, brilliant and intriguing story!

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat;)(y)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Again, I must agree, my friend. As much as I love a good harem, the good titles that employ that element in their story are few and far between. They are all contrived to a certain extent, most just go too far. The ones I enjoy have the most plausible reasons for the harem existing. I'll tell you about a few of those as well as some titles you will likely enjoy more in a PM. Thank you for suggesting that. I was thinking the same thing myself. As much as I enjoy sharing I do not wish to take anything away from Isa or Badtimetales. This forum belongs to them and we discuss that title here. I'll be happy to take the rest of this conversation to the "side bar." :)

Again, Tales, I love this story! :) Please keep those updates coming. :) I sense one is drawing near and I am chomping at the bit like a prized stallion to see your next update to this fab, brilliant and intriguing story!

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat;)(y)
The dev actually fried the PSU... it was a bit too weak for the 3090ti. So the work will continue with the 3070 until a new PSU is ordered. But the update is almost done thankfully.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
The dev actually fried the PSU... it was a bit too weak for the 3090ti. So the work will continue with the 3070 until a new PSU is ordered. But the update is almost done thankfully.

New PSU is ordered. Will arrive Wednesday.

Doing postwork on the renders. Too many of them :rolleyes:;)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

New PSU is ordered. Will arrive Wednesday.

Doing postwork on the renders. Too many of them :rolleyes:;)
Good general rule... if you upgrade your GPU and/or CPU you will likely want to upgrade you power supply as well depending on the power draw of the new components.(y) A balanced PC is a happy PC. :) I've seen it happen where folks upgrade to the latest GPU and keep the old CPU and PSU. That can either bottleneck your CPU into underperforming or burn your PSU or both. I'm not a technical person myself so I rely on my friends who are. I was blessed to get my current tower free when my friend upgraded to a new system. It's older but well balanced. Perfect for my modest needs to run several hundred mods in Skyrim SE, HZD, Outer Worlds and dozens of AVN titles. It has an i7 clocked to 3.4 Ghz, 12 GB sys RAM and a 1060 with 6 GB vid RAM. Considering that I was running 300 mods in SSE on my laptop with only 2 GB of vid RAM... Yeah... I'm much better off. But, I don't make the AVN titles. I just play them. So, I can relate to your need of bigger and better gear, my friend. I wish you all the best in your quest to develop this amazing AVN title. :)

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I'm good with the rest of the system - Ryzen 3800, 32GB Ram, 1 x nvme, 1 x sata SSD, 1x HDD.

The 3090TI draws about 330W and the cpu is below 25% mostly, so I thought the 650W PSU would be ok, but I underestimated the power spikes from the PSU it seems.
Well, the ordered 1000W should be good now ;)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

10.png
11.png

Quick update

PSU arrived today, back to the 3090.

Added a few dozens stills, set up three short animations and reworked 2 others.
Night queue will be full ;)

I think I will finish the polish/fill-in renders tomorrow.
Still waiting for the edited version, so tomorrow and Thursday it's time to add music/SFX.

That's all, just wanted to keep you informed.

Thanks,

BTT

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

View attachment 2158708
View attachment 2158709

Quick update

PSU arrived today, back to the 3090.

Added a few dozens stills, set up three short animations and reworked 2 others.
Night queue will be full ;)

I think I will finish the polish/fill-in renders tomorrow.
Still waiting for the edited version, so tomorrow and Thursday it's time to add music/SFX.

That's all, just wanted to keep you informed.

Thanks,

BTT
Is this from the new update? Looks like quite an emotional moment

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes