VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Latest from Patreon.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Weekend ;)

And a one year anniversary.
Yep, one year. I still remember today one year ago, sitting here and preparing everything for the release.

It was an interesting time, sometimes frustrating, mostly fun.
Looking back at the time when I started with the first version of the VN (which is not the one you know) it was a steep learning curve.

Some things could have been done better, some decisions made earlier (like the 3090). But all in all I'm happy where we are now.

Thanks a lot for your support and your feedback. Both helps a lot!

Which brings us to the announcement:
I expect the edited version today or tomorrow, will do one more play-through and send it out for secondary proofreading.

If nothing goes wrong the update will be released next week.
Current (not necessarily final) stats are
1372 lines with 8903 words and 710+ stills.

Have a nice weekend!

BTT

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

workdonefhd.png

workdone2fhd.png

Done.

Edited version came back as planned.

Did a play through from the (chapter) start, added more music, did some polishing and changed the end/cliffhanger.
Final version will be send out for secondary proofreading tonight or tomorrow.

;)

(Pictures in UHD without banner at Patreon)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

A Dev's life - 8

Hey everybody!

After the update it's good not to see the Daz interface for a day.
And I will keep it like that for a few days, because I really need a break.

One reason for the delay was that I had to re-render a few animations (Alex, if you've chosen to stay with her), because the original renders had poke throughs.
Which resulted in three re-renders and even after that post work on the frames.
I'm checking alternative ways to do the animations the next days. I got better with the animations, but it's a pain to do them in Daz.

This update took longer than I had planned, but it's the biggest update ever.
I got the 3090 in the last third of it (and I'm really angry that I haven't ordered it before, it's a game changer. But ... ya, the prices) and the Corona infection wasn't helpful too.

Feedback is positive but on the other hand that's from high tier supporters who like the game already.

I'll do some polls after it's released to all Patrons.
Personally I think it was the best update until now and if you want to do me a favor, comment on this update, here, at Discord or at a well known forum.

Thanks for your support, your feedback and

have a good weekend!

BTT

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

A Dev's life - 8

Hey everybody!

After the update it's good not to see the Daz interface for a day.
And I will keep it like that for a few days, because I really need a break.

One reason for the delay was that I had to re-render a few animations (Alex, if you've chosen to stay with her), because the original renders had poke throughs.
Which resulted in three re-renders and even after that post work on the frames.
I'm checking alternative ways to do the animations the next days. I got better with the animations, but it's a pain to do them in Daz.

This update took longer than I had planned, but it's the biggest update ever.
I got the 3090 in the last third of it (and I'm really angry that I haven't ordered it before, it's a game changer. But ... ya, the prices) and the Corona infection wasn't helpful too.

Feedback is positive but on the other hand that's from high tier supporters who like the game already.

I'll do some polls after it's released to all Patrons.
Personally I think it was the best update until now and if you want to do me a favor, comment on this update, here, at Discord or at a well known forum.

Thanks for your support, your feedback and

have a good weekend!

BTT
A break is well deserved. As I said, a really good update, loved the new characters that were introduced and how we got to know the backstory of Alex (and the subsequent confession) . I'm a little sad that your game doesn't get more traction (at least here, not sure about your patreon etc situation), because it's one of the better ones out there.

Reactions: Impious Monk

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
for sure, fucking love how the relationship is being built up. Slightly concerned about the cliffhanger, but I doubt anything serious would happen (at least I hope)
One dead girlfriend is enough i think ;)

Great update, BTT. Loved it. Loved. It.

*whispering* Even got a little bleary-eyed toward the end there. Shhhh.
Thanks, great to hear that!

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
One dead girlfriend is enough i think ;)
I sure fucking hope so :ROFLMAO: I mean we all know whom the game is named after, and I think the game is somewhat dark enough for something like that to happen hypothetically, but it would be a serious bummer to say the least.

Reactions: badtimetales

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
It's nice to see great devs praising great games by others, and apparently being sincere about it. No, I'm not being sarcastic if anyone thought that.
Yeah, I've been a fan of Isabella since before I published my own demo. This is one of my favorite games in development. And BTT has given me a lot of good advice that's made me a better dev.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
There is a way this game and the other connect: the girls have the agency.
Both games feature one MC who has past love special someones and their flaky times we caught them in.
While this game takes a bit of time but provides closure, the other is still going in the flaky times direction. Sure hope the times will be pickes for the action when we reconnect with the MC, like in the latest ice and fire season where every episode had some fast forward lost plot
we had to picture together through the dialogues of the protagonists.

On a side note, one could say they portrayed Aegon taking the throne
just like King George VI: the odd man out.
The story of King George VI, his impromptu ascension to the throne of the British Empire in 1936
badtimetales, Impious Monk

Is the MC the odd man out in this game or the other?

Reactions: badtimetales
4.50 star(s) 61 Votes