VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
View attachment 1732233
Isabella: Dark Paths [Ch. 3.3] Walkthrough Mod
The Mod highlights the "best choices" with the Color Green.
Increase or decrease Text and Text Box Opacity.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download: - - ANDROID by cebs

As always if you like this Amazing Game please show your support for the Dev, .
If you like my work, please consider supporting me on my or , check my .
thank you for the mod update~ :LOL:

xReoK

Jun 6, 2020
OP updated with Chapter 3.3

Tell me what you think?
Just finished the latest update. What do I think ? I think you did an outstanding job sir. I easily can see that things are improving. If my memory serves me right no other update has as many videos as this one so I think it would be accurate to say that you made a good use of your new GPU.

However, I want to state a personal opinion not that it's cruicial but even though short videos/animations(?) make the game more intriguing and vivid I would prefer more story development by images to trivial short videos/animations. Assuming animated things take more time than images to render etc. rendering, creating images instead of trivial videos could help with time management and publishing updates with more content faster but I also feel the need of stating that I have literally no knowledge about rendering, posing, creating stuff. So if they are not something that slow you down a lot then I think they are one of the things that make your game quite extraordinary and a high class one.

Also, having to make a fatal decision this early in the game was odd but I guess we will have to wait and see what the dev has prepared for us.

I don't know if it is something unique to me or a bug but when I try to replay Valerie's doggystyle front view in gallery it plays the first person one.

Lastly, keep up the good work sir. I am surely satisfied with the job you have done so far. Will be following!

Last edited:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I think you did an outstanding job sir. I easily can see that things are improving. If my memory serves me right no other update has as many videos as this one so I think it would be accurate to say that you made a good use of your new GPU.
Thank you so much!

Yep, the 3090 really helps and the update would have been done a few weeks earlier without a covid infection, a burned out PSU and a few other things.

Yes, it was the biggest update ever, even bigger than the whole Chapter 1. ;)

Assuming animated things take more time than images to render etc. rendering, creating images instead of trivial videos could help with time management
Yes... but no ;)
The setup is done more or less quickly. These "emotion" renders take an hour or three to render.
I can't pose/light enough scenes for the overnight batch because that's what really takes time.

So i can use the time where the GPU would be idle to render them.

Also, having to make a fatal decision this early in the game was odd but I guess we will have to wait and see what the dev has prepared for us.

Early in the game?
It's a few hours playtime now and people have been bitching about "that" for a long time ;)

I don't know if it is something unique to me or a bug but when I try to replay Valerie's doggystyle front view in gallery it plays the first person one.
Will have a look into it, the gallery code is a mess but i have a much more better one. Just didn't want to use it in this update.

Lastly, keep up the good work sir. I am surely satisfied with the job you have done so far. Will be following!
Thanks, glad you like it!
And for the feedback!

Reactions: JustPeekin

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
I felt the relationship was a little forced once "I love you" came out. Knowing MC is doing something he should had said I love you but at this moment we cant be together cause its dangerous but instead its i love you and now we are a couple.... Knowing MC is looking for a killer and alex might be put in danger just cause they are together. But thats just me felt a little forced on that part beside that 10/10

Last edited:

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I felt the relationship was a little forced once "I love you" came out. Knowing MC is doing something he should had said I love you but at this moment we cant be together cause its dangerous but instead its i love you and not we are a couple.... Knowing MC is looking for a killer and alex might be put in danger just cause they are together. But thats just me felt a little forced on that part beside that 10/10
Alex was always a very controversial character.
I said from the beginning that you can break up with her fuck buddy relationship and it felt more than right to do that now, after Isa is drooling for the MC.

So I gave the players the choice.
Regarding the danger .... Well, the MC was in a military school. i think he can handle it ;)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Yes, it was the biggest update ever, even bigger than the whole Chapter 1.
May just restart from the beginning. Tried to start the update and my best friend was streaming so I still have yet to play it. Given the cliff hanger end of chapter two, I have to see what happens and THEN I will replay it from the start! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: LOVE this game:devilish:(y)
So i can use the time where the GPU would be idle to render them.
I love the little cut scene animations! I've come to see them as part of your style, Tales my friend. Don't ever change. The way you put the scenes together is rather cinematic and immersive.
I was a little put off by Alex up front and saw her more as a friend with benefits type of relationship but I have fallen in love throughout the game play. Thank you for allowing the option to keep Alex and still pursue Isa. Isabella is far prettier than Alex but I would never tell her that because her fiercely loyal friendship means more than any amount of good looks so it is actually Isa who has something to prove although I don't think that will be an issue as I am quickly falling in love with her as well.:love:

Thank you for all your efforts, BTT. Love this game and really appreciate you!

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Hey badtimetales; You're going to give us a chance to feed that fucker (pretty sure we know who it is) that shoved Alex to the ground feet-first into a woodchipper, right? Not even joking man. :mad:

:ROFLMAO:

Sure. With a special appearance of a special someone.
Closing a gap and setting up a story between two/three characters :p

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
I said from the beginning that you can break up with her fuck buddy relationship and it felt more than right to do that now, after Isa is drooling for the MC.

So I gave the players the choice.
Regarding the danger .... Well, the MC was in a military school. i think he can handle it ;)
So, we can't have a relationship with Alex and Isa? I was hoping that maybe MC could keep them both, so far, I like them both, I don't want to choose only one :(

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
So, we can't have a relationship with Alex and Isa? I was hoping that maybe MC could keep them both, so far, I like them both, I don't want to choose only one :(
You're in luck.
There are three endings, depending on you choices

- with Isa
- with Alex
- with both
I noticed something with the new Alex scene. It looks like you forgot to loop the animations. I went ahead and fixed it. So if anyone else has this issue just place it in game\scripts\c33.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Pretty sure Zeus forgave Isabella before Catherine finished her story.
Pretty sure this is a setup for the eventual spinoff "Isabella - Dog Paths", where a retired guard dog with a past has to sniff out a trafficking syndicate and reconnects with his old family in the process.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: badtimetales

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
May just restart from the beginning. Tried to start the update and my best friend was streaming so I still have yet to play it. Given the cliff hanger end of chapter two, I have to see what happens and THEN I will replay it from the start! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: LOVE this game:devilish:(y)

I love the little cut scene animations! I've come to see them as part of your style, Tales my friend. Don't ever change. The way you put the scenes together is rather cinematic and immersive.

I was a little put off by Alex up front and saw her more as a friend with benefits type of relationship but I have fallen in love throughout the game play. Thank you for allowing the option to keep Alex and still pursue Isa. Isabella is far prettier than Alex but I would never tell her that because her fiercely loyal friendship means more than any amount of good looks so it is actually Isa who has something to prove although I don't think that will be an issue as I am quickly falling in love with her as well.:love:

Thank you for all your efforts, BTT. Love this game and really appreciate you!

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)
If I ever needed an incentive to play this (I didn't) this endorsement by Phat would be enough.

Peace :)

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes