VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Unfortunately you will have to :(
And not only because you would miss all the new animations, but some choices too.
Disapointing if have to start again. I can understand if it is a one-off, maybe beeded for mid/late game management and for rework of early game by a new developer learning their craft. But I hope that any such restarting from very beginning is a one-off.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Disapointing if have to start again. I can understand if it is a one-off, maybe beeded for mid/late game management and for rework of early game by a new developer learning their craft. But I hope that any such restarting from very beginning is a one-off.
I can understand that.

With this story though, I really don't mind much, hah, I was already planning a replay when the next update hits, now, I have even more motivation.

Not always a replay is a chore, to me at least. I just finished one of another game that entertained me for a full day, so...

i-dont-know-compilation-dont-know.gif
Peace :)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Well, I am a new dev, more or less.
Sure, Isa has a few hours of gameplay already, but the mistakes I made in the first months are still there.

And that includes nearly everything, animations in chapter one and parts in chapter two, the script and variables and two logic failures.
That's why I'm delaying the chapter 4.1 update until I have a clean version.

But be sure I'm not planning such a rework a second time. :rolleyes:

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
I can understand that.

With this story though, I really don't mind much, hah, I was already planning a replay when the next update hits, now, I have even more motivation.

Not always a replay is a chore, to me at least. I just finished one of another game that entertained me for a full day, so...

View attachment 2462091
Maybe my TONE on the previous post was too negative, when I was trying to give what I hoped would be constructive criticism.

If it was nt clear, then I meant that I would always give ANY developer the benefit of the doubt ONCE when they needed us to restart. and that certainly applies to this dev, who I have enjoyed seeing interact with myself and others on this forum. Hopefully that gives a less negative sounding tone to what I tried to say first time around.

Even though English is my natural language and I even use it regularly for emails etc at my own work, it can still sometimes be difficult to guage and pitch the intended tone online.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Anyway, I think it's more or less expected for most AVNs development lifecycle that restarts are a thing we just have to deal with. Most of the biggest titles out there had them at one point or another. Look at Intertwined, it's a very popular game and still you had to restart after the latest update.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Just finished this. Renders and animations are pretty damn good. Story is a little awkward, but, otherwise it's not bad. However, it's very short. Felt more like a .1 than a .3 release. I like the main LI, which is a rarity for me. I usually prefer other girls.

I see that throuple/group and lesbian tags are in the future tags. Will those be optional/avoidable?

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Just finished this. Renders and animations are pretty damn good. Story is a little awkward, but, otherwise it's not bad. However, it's very short. Felt more like a .1 than a .3 release. I like the main LI, which is a rarity for me. I usually prefer other girls.

I see that throuple/group and lesbian tags are in the future tags. Will those be optional/avoidable?
yes you can have all three routes (Isa only, Alex only or throuple)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Don't limit yourself mate. :D But, yeah, Alex is awesome, as is Isa.

Sorry to read that you found it "short", I also find that I would want a lot more of this, it will come with time I guess.

Yeah. I'm not into the model chick and I def don't want to share my girls with other girls. It's why I don't play a lot of games anymore. Yeah. The game felt very short to me. Also, I do think the dev should give us a warning at the end of the content, instead of just an abrupt end like we got.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Yeah. I'm not into the model chick and I def don't want to share my girls with other girls. It's why I don't play a lot of games anymore. Yeah. The game felt very short to me. Also, I do think the dev should give us a warning at the end of the content, instead of just an abrupt end like we got.
I mean, if you didn't just ctrl skip through the content you would have noticed this screen
1678920381280.png
or this one
1678920420872.png
but you do you

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I mean, if you didn't just ctrl skip through the content you would have noticed this screen
View attachment 2470179
or this one
View attachment 2470183
but you do you
I never got those and I don't use skip. Game did error a few times for me half way through. Not sure why as there was no log. Game just CTD'd on me.

Edit:
Maybe it was a problem with the mod. I don't know. Will try it without the mod and see what happens.

Reactions: badtimetales

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I never got those and I don't use skip. Game did error a few times for me half way through. Not sure why as there was no log. Game just CTD'd on me.

Edit:
Maybe it was a problem with the mod. I don't know. Will try it without the mod and see what happens.
I have the mod from Joker installed, no issues for me

Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

Edit:

Which mod you've been using?

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes