VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Holy shiit what a slow return for updates, is the dev even focusing on this VN at all, or more on other projects, while this one collects dust and Patreon donations??
I played 3.2 in early OCTOBER, and now it's a WHOLE 3.3 just to make sure it didn't default into abandoned mode...which is what this will be soon enough apparently.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Holy shiit what a slow return for updates, is the dev even focusing on this VN at all, or more on other projects, while this one collects dust and Patreon donations??
I played 3.2 in early OCTOBER, and now it's a WHOLE 3.3 just to make sure it didn't default into abandoned mode...which is what this will be soon enough apparently.

IF you would follow me at Patreon, even as a LURKER, or would at least READ this thread (because all you need is there) you would know the answer.

But thanks for your feedback after playing 3.2.
Oh, wait, you didn't gave one. My fault, I guess.

By the way, that WHOLE 3.3 was over 700 renders plus animations and 60-90 minutes in game.

But thanks for your opinion.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
IF you would follow me at Patreon, even as a LURKER, or would at least READ this thread (because all you need is there) you would know the answer.

But thanks for your feedback after playing 3.2.
Oh, wait, you didn't gave one. My fault, I guess.

By the way, that WHOLE 3.3 was over 700 renders plus animations and 60-90 minutes in game.

But thanks for your opinion.
you should ignore such comments - its better for your mental health ;)
still a great game after a year of absence from me
the "little movies" are still top notch - havent seen any better

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
is there some ETA for 4.1 yet? considering february release didn't happen, one would think it at least should be far enough in completion to give approximate next window?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
is there some ETA for 4.1 yet? considering february release didn't happen, one would think it at least should be far enough in completion to give approximate next window?
Don't take me wrong, I would love to have it on hand too. Yet, it doesn't seem fair to put pressure on the Dev.

Let them work at their pace, we've been informed and told the why's. They have been active here, we all know they are working and it will be done when it's done. Asking for an ETA, will it change anything? Except putting pressure what else will that accomplish?

Relax, go do something else, let it happen when it's ready.

Peace :)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Even if I would a have a release ready by next week I wouldn't announce it. Announcement is done when it's back from the proofreaders and I've the android port (as I'm not doing that myself).

For more information:

(or here in the thread, as I usually post it here too).

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

1.png

c041-11-21.png c041-11-21n.png

A VERY late weekend update, sorry about that, I was just too busy.
This is the first time I've run into the branch problem (stay with Alex or not) and I hate it already. Coding and double rendering as you can see in the pictures.
But all in all, both the update and the rework are going great.
The two solar panels are set up and working, all that's missing is the sun.
I've been playing around with Blender this week for a few different scenes and I'm quite happy with it.

For example

(or discord in the WIP channel)

Sorry, no Monday Motivation this week :(

Thanks for your support and have a good start into the new week!

BTT

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
It's like in real life.
More than two girls means real trouble :LOL:
Reaction Limit reached... (again)

Well, the problem (as IRL) is not the girls, but those that don't want them... (This is my version and I'm staying with it)

BTT, I understand why you offered the option to keep or drop Alex, I never even considered dropping her after knowing that "Both" was a real option. Yet, I know that that is insupportable to many players.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Reaction Limit reached... (again)

Well, the problem (as IRL) is not the girls, but those that don't want them... (This is my version and I'm staying with it)

BTT, I understand why you offered the option to keep or drop Alex, I never even considered dropping her after knowing that "Both" was a real option. Yet, I know that that is insupportable to many players.

That the characters are created after real persons has nothing to do with it.

I knew that the story would take longer and I can't start a few hours "introduction" without some sex scenes.
And there was the point limiting the LI to only two completely different characters.

I've no problem if players don't like Alex (but I did everything so they like her in 3.3 ;)) or going for an Alex or Isa solo route. And dropping her was always planned.
But I never had expected a so sharp reaction, like "Best girl ever" versus "I hate her".
Well, it is like it is ;)

Perhaps I should add a Zeus solo route? That was mentioned already :p

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes