VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Hmm. I don't know then. Still going to try it without it or maybe move the game over to Windows. I play on Linux but I have a Windows machine.

Joker's.

I'm using Linux myself, no problem there.
Jokers' mod should be ok, as he is doing a great job.

If you run into any errors again, with or without mod, please post them here, write a DM or join my Discord and DM me.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
So, the game originally ended for me after MC telling Alex good night, now it's continuing past that and I get a screen saying chapter 2.1. No wonder the game seemed very short to me. I don't know wtf happened. But, if you ask several people, I'm usually the one that gets weird ass errors.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
So, the game originally ended for me after MC telling Alex good night, now it's continuing past that and I get a screen saying chapter 2.1. No wonder the game seemed very short to me. I don't know wtf happened. But, if you ask several people, I'm usually the one that gets weird ass errors.
Aehm, yes. You are about 9-10 months behind the actual story.
The question is why ....... And i have no idea why.

I hope you will enjoy the gameplay after 2.1 ;)
Don't hesitate to write down your thoughts after it.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Aehm, yes. You are about 9-10 months behind the actual story.
The question is why ....... And i have no idea why.

I hope you will enjoy the gameplay after 2.1 ;)
Don't hesitate to write down your thoughts after it.
The question as to why, has been a total mystery since 2020. Maybe the computer is haunted. No fuckin clue. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. So far, so good. Animations are great, writing is well done and Alex is simply the best. Well, as far as the girls I've met so far. Will let you know what I think after I finish..

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Will be playing again from the beginning when chapter four releases so I can see your improvements, my friend.:cool:(y)

Your dedication is impressive and appreciated. Keep up the awesome work!;)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)
same, though I pretty much replay it after each update, or when I'm bored... I pretty much remember it by now line by line :D There are a few AVNs like that which I keep installed and replay from time to time

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Why are you such an active and awesome dev? It kinda breaks the balance of reality, and my perception of it.
devs of smaller games tend to be more active here to engage with the community more... once the fanbase grows beyond a certain size that tends to change... also in those instances people are saying so many bullshit things all the time I don't blame the devs they leave the site and focus on their discord instead for example

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
great story and the game looks very nice. (y)
i like the tiny details, for example the coffee mug that throw out some steam.
Thanks, glad you like it!

Why are you such an active and awesome dev?
I am? :rolleyes:

Well, at least I'm active.
Awesome? It is not for me to judge.

I just like what I'm doing.

BTW, if you like it, don't hesitate to rate it.
Because 40+ ratings with 700k pageviews is ridiculous low.

devs of smaller games tend to be more active here to engage with the community more... once the fanbase grows beyond a certain size that tends to change... also in those instances people are saying so many bullshit things all the time I don't blame the devs they leave the site and focus on their discord instead for example
I'm posting this anyway, some for general/public advertisement, some for Patrons only.
So it's not much work.

I haven't had a lot of the mentioned bullshit, but reading other devs' threads I do understand why they leave F95 after some time.
Besides that the more important reason why devs are not active here is because there is nearly no feedback.

I've build up some fanbase here and all I can say "Thank you!", but compared to the thread pageview numbers .....
Well, it is what it is.

;)

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Hey, just left a rating/review (which I'd started writing up and posted before reading the above post ironically) with most of the feedback I have about the game in it (let me know if there's any specifics you want me to expand on here), but also wanted to say that playing this game saved my sanity and restored my faith in humanity (or at least AVN writers/fans) a bit. I had just finished playing an early release of another much higher profile game (which also suffers from having the huge fanbase issue) and though it was visually stunning, I felt like it had caused me mental trauma how horribly it was written. I needed to play something that would alleviate that state and luckily this game was the perfect cure and real breath of fresh air. :) Best of luck and looking forward to seeing where things go!

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Hey, just left a rating/review (which I'd started writing up and posted before reading the above post ironically) with most of the feedback I have about the game in it (let me know if there's any specifics you want me to expand on here), but also wanted to say that playing this game saved my sanity and restored my faith in humanity (or at least AVN writers/fans) a bit. I had just finished playing an early release of another much higher profile game (which also suffers from having the huge fanbase issue) and though it was visually stunning, I felt like it had caused me mental trauma how horribly it was written. I needed to play something that would alleviate that state and luckily this game was the perfect cure and real breath of fresh air. :) Best of luck and looking forward to seeing where things go!

Thanks a lot, that's all a dev wants to hear!

And thanks for the detailed rating and pointing out what could be done better.

Some of the issues raised will be hopefully resolved with the rework.
I don't have the time to respond to each mentioned problem now, but might do that later.

One comment though, as I've mentioned this earlier:
The animations between scenes are not so much work as many people think. They are easy to pose, easy to light (in contrast to interacting characters) so it's mostly rendering time. And since I got the 3090 I don't know how to feed the gpu with enough scenes to keep it busy. ;)
But I have already reduced them and put more story focused animation in as a replacement, like Alex reactions, the disarm scene and so on.

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
The animations between scenes are not so much work as many people think. They are easy to pose, easy to light (in contrast to interacting characters) so it's mostly rendering time. And since I got the 3090 I don't know how to feed the gpu with enough scenes to keep it busy
Ah, hadn't seen it addressed, but thanks for the info. Sounds like a good problem to have with the gpu. ;) They don't detract from the game as they're all skippable... then again, I'm not the type of player to skip things in case I miss anything, haha. The main concern was with time allocation on your part so I'm glad that was unfounded.

Reactions: badtimetales

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
And since I got the 3090 I don't know how to feed the gpu with enough scenes to keep it busy. ;)
But I have already reduced them and put more story focused animation in as a replacement, like Alex reactions, the disarm scene and so on.
First world problems, amirite? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: badtimetales

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
*sigh*

I just need a crew of imposers .... uhm, I mean Daz posing people :p
When you mention you have a higher end anything, people with low-spec hardware are always going to be vocal. I'm rocking an AMD 7950xt with a 7900xtx, I don't do Daz, so Nvidia isn't something I need. But, yeah, people get jealous and will facepalm and become very vocal over it.

• Angry
Reactions: HornyyPussy
4.50 star(s) 61 Votes