VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Catching up after a busy Monday. Please people, hear me out before crucifying me for not being fully on the Alex train. ;)

I always said you will be able to ditch Alex.
(Well, I don't understand why you would do that, but .... up to the players i guess)
Ditching Alex for me is largely depends on if there's a harem route or not. :whistle: If there needs to be a choice made, so far it's unfortunately not her for me and I wouldn't want to string her along if that's the case.

The reasons I think I'm not that into Alex are:
1. Unlike Isa, we don't get to see their relationship build as much as we're kinda already involved with her as things start but we weren't part of that process.
2. So far she's been the only major LI option at this point which makes her feel more "forced" at this point (combined with the first point above) than it will when the game has progressed further.
3. Physically she reminds me of an ex that was a nightmare and made my life a living hell for years after I broke up with her. It's a subconscious connection that's a turn-off that I can't undo in my head (in games or IRL). It's me issue with her looks and nothing wrong with the dev's work at all.

Even if I didn't have my specific reason, obviously everyone's entitled to their own preferences. I don't think the game is far enough along to judge... I've played games where a character I disliked or was just completely not attracted to in the beginning became a favorite that I found extremely attractive by the end. Perceptions of characters can change over the course of a well-written game which I believe this game is and will continue to be. I do have my inherent bias mentioned above but her personality has already made her very likeable to me and my perception of her could be completely different further into the game.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Catching up after a busy Monday. Please people, hear me out before crucifying me for not being fully on the Alex train. ;)

Ditching Alex for me is largely depends on if there's a harem route or not. :whistle: If there needs to be a choice made, so far it's unfortunately not her for me and I wouldn't want to string her along if that's the case.

The reasons I think I'm not that into Alex are:
1. Unlike Isa, we don't get to see their relationship build as much as we're kinda already involved with her as things start but we weren't part of that process.
2. So far she's been the only major LI option at this point which makes her feel more "forced" at this point (combined with the first point above) than it will when the game has progressed further.
3. Physically she reminds me of an ex that was a nightmare and made my life a living hell for years after I broke up with her. It's a subconscious connection that's a turn-off that I can't undo in my head (in games or IRL). It's me issue with her looks and nothing wrong with the dev's work at all.

Even if I didn't have my specific reason, obviously everyone's entitled to their own preferences. I don't think the game is far enough along to judge... I've played games where a character I disliked or was just completely not attracted to in the beginning became a favorite that I found extremely attractive by the end. Perceptions of characters can change over the course of a well-written game which I believe this game is and will continue to be. I do have my inherent bias mentioned above but her personality has already made her very likeable to me and my perception of her could be completely different further into the game.
TL;DR:

So, what you're saying is: "Alex isn't for you, because you love blondes and big boobs" ;) :ROFLMAO: Not a problem, we all have our preferences and two of mine are side-shaves and small boobs.

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Don't think anyone would or should crucify you. We like who we like and that's that. If you learn to like her later, good. And if she is still not for you, then it's fine.
We are going to hate you if you still don't like her by the end of the game but we'll learn to tolerate you. Because that's what she'd want us to do. ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Catching up after a busy Monday. Please people, hear me out before crucifying me for not being fully on the Alex train. ;)...

... Even if I didn't have my specific reason, obviously everyone's entitled to their own preferences. I don't think the game is far enough along to judge... I've played games where a character I disliked or was just completely not attracted to in the beginning became a favorite that I found extremely attractive by the end. Perceptions of characters can change over the course of a well-written game which I believe this game is and will continue to be. I do have my inherent bias mentioned above but her personality has already made her very likeable to me and my perception of her could be completely different further into the game.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
:ROFLMAO: Oversimplified a bit but it made me laugh. :) There's also sooo much more to boobs than size. ;)
Boobs give milk also and I don't need boobs the size of beachballs. Just give me itty bitties and side-shaves are a plus. But, my main weaknesses are black girls and redheads.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
So, just finished and badtimetales just going to say it. Good game. But, you're an ass. Cliffhangers are shit. They should've died out in the 70s. I don't beat around the bush when I have something to say. I tell it like it is.

But, even saying that, I can't wait for the next release. Hopefully it's soon...ish.

Hey, do you have any idea how long it takes to find a good cliffhanger? :p

Glad you like it! ;)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Hey, do you have any idea how long it takes to find a good cliffhanger? :p

Glad you like it! ;)
I enjoyed it very much. If you ask anyone who knows me, I'm the most picky bastard on the face of the Earth. HornyyPussy and numerous others will tell you. So, other than the cliffhanger, which should be illegal in all countries, on penalty of death, game was damn good.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I enjoyed it very much. If you ask anyone who knows me, I'm the most picky bastard on the face of the Earth. HornyyPussy and numerous others will tell you. So, other than the cliffhanger, which should be illegal in all countries, on penalty of death, game was damn good.
Pissing and moaning about cliff hangers is what should be illegal. Nobody enjoys cliff hanger endings but that trope has been an integral part of the storyteller's art and arsenal for THOUSANDS of years! It will still be used many thousands of years from now... long after all of our bones are dust. Why??? Because it works!!!

Imagine you are telling a story and have to stop before you can finish it... Do you stop at the most boring, logical place or do you continue until you have your audience enthralled and THEN stop??? If you understand good story telling, you do the latter and stop while your audience is hooked. An author ALWAYS has a better chance their audience will return for the next part having left a big question mark hanging in the air like leaving the protagonist in mortal peril... The story is not yet over.

What really grinds my gears are stories that actually end on a cliff hanger then never have a sequel... THAT is a problem!
Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Adventure ever on friend, Phat;)(y)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Pissing and moaning about cliff hangers is what should be illegal. Nobody enjoys cliff hanger endings but that trope has been an integral part of the storyteller's art and arsenal for THOUSANDS of years! It will still be used many thousands of years from now... long after all of our bones are dust. Why??? Because it works!!!

Imagine you are telling a story and have to stop before you can finish it... Do you stop at the most boring, logical place or do you continue until you have your audience enthralled and THEN stop??? If you understand good story telling, you do the latter and stop while your audience is hooked. An author ALWAYS has a better chance their audience will return for the next part having left a big question mark hanging in the air like leaving the protagonist in mortal peril... The story is not yet over.

What really grinds my gears are stories that actually end on a cliff hanger then never have a sequel... THAT is a problem!
Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Adventure ever on friend, Phat;)(y)
I'll piss and moan about cliffhangers until the day I die. I'm too damn old for them. Hell, I could drop dead tomorrow and never finish the game. Just give this old bastard a nice and simple ending to an update. That way IF I were to pass on into whatever comes next, at least the update ended on a high note. :ROFLMAO:

But, who am I kidding? Once I'm dead, am I going to know anything? Probably not.

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I can confirm that he is picky bastard............

I hate cliffhangers as well though :) But this game is very good despite it ;)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Confirmed too. But a game he says that it is good... I don't need to think twice.

Oh, and cliff hangers are the bane of my existence. It may work as a tool to improve retention of attention, but to me, it only means ONE thing: Lack of confidence on the work done. When the work is as good as this game, there's no need for a cliff hanger. I would ALWAYS return. But the worst part of cliff hangers is what it does to my anxiety. Not good, not good at all.

Peace :D

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Confirmed too. But a game he says that it is good... I don't need to think twice.

Oh, and cliff hangers are the bane of my existence. It may work as a tool to improve retention of attention, but to me, it only means ONE thing: Lack of confidence on the work done. When the work is as good as this game, there's no need for a cliff hanger. I would ALWAYS return. But the worst part of cliff hangers is what it does to my anxiety. Not good, not good at all.

Cliffhangers are defintely shit. badtimetales already has my attention with Alex. Already knew that she had a fucked encounter and since that point was introed, I knew it would come back to bite her.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

Cliffhangers are defintely shit. @badtimetales already has my attention with Alex. Already knew that she had a fucked encounter and since that point was introed, I knew it would come back to bite her.
Yeah... I agree... Nobody enjoys cliffhangers... But, it is what it is and will not change with any amount of whining and crying about it so I just take it in stride... In fact, I've come to expect it. Really... ask yourself this... would I rather end an episode just going to bed and going to sleep or seeing a little bit of what is in store for next time? My answer is always, "SHOW ME MORE!!!" It doesn't matter if it's a cliffhanger or not... I will ALWAYS want more of a great story... And, THIS is a GREAT story!!! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: BTT spins an awesome tale and I am ready for the next installment as soon as it is ready to be seen.

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:devilish:(y)
Base Profile Screenshot 2022.08.18 - 07.35.53.48.png
All you wanna do is ride around, Sally... Ride, Sally, ride!

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Yeah... I agree... Nobody enjoys cliffhangers... But, it is what it is and will not change with any amount of whining and crying about it so I just take it in stride... In fact, I've come to expect it. Really... ask yourself this... would I rather end an episode just going to bed and going to sleep or seeing a little bit of what is in store for next time? My answer is always, "SHOW ME MORE!!!" It doesn't matter if it's a cliffhanger or not... I will ALWAYS want more of a great story... And, THIS is a GREAT story!!! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: BTT spins an awesome tale and I am ready for the next installment as soon as it is ready to be seen.

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:devilish:(y)
View attachment 2520722
All you wanna do is ride around, Sally... Ride, Sally, ride!
Both games in my Sigs, don't use cliff hangers. So...

i-dont-know-compilation-dont-know.gif

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Both games in my Sigs, don't use cliff hangers. So...

View attachment 2520826
Yeah... tried both and found them about as interesting as watching paint peel or grass grow... Not my thing...

The lack of cliffhangers is not something that I even consider when choosing a story, neither do I look for stories that include them. It is what it is... like you appear to be saying with your .gif image... "whatever." Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Vollezar

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
That. Exactly that is what gets me. Not sure I've experienced it in any AVNs I've cared about but I can't tell you how many shows have had seasons end on a massive cliffhanger and then get cancelled or never have another season for whatever reason. Hate it when it happens to really good stories too early regardless of the cliffhanger but major unresolved stuff makes it that much worse.

I'm not bothered with a tease at the end of releases, books, episodes of shows, etc. - but if more is out that I haven't read/watched yet I usually end up needing to continue every time any type of cliffhanger is at the end of a piece of media. I know I'm being manipulated and yet I will absolutely still go along with it... I keep thinking I'll stop once the current cliffhanger is resolved over and over but then end up binging all I can. I may be part of the problem as it's still highly effective on me despite knowing what's happening. :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Yeah... tried both and found them about as interesting as watching paint peel or grass grow... Not my thing...

The lack of cliffhangers is not something that I even consider when choosing a story, neither do I look for stories that include them. It is what it is... like you appear to be saying with your .gif image... "whatever." Hahaha:ROFLMAO:
Hmm... GH is one of the best games on here, add in Detective Necro and now this one, I'd say top 3 games on the site. Trying not to mention other games in this thread, so... spoiler. lol

4.50 star(s) 61 Votes