4.50 star(s) 61 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

c042-04-30.png
c042-05-18.png

It's weekend - surprise ;)

Hey there!

I don't have much to report, it's been business as usual.
Rendering, writing, re-rendering a whole scene because I wasn't happy with the lighting.

I added a scene this week, which took a bit longer because renders in this setup really take some time to render.
And the above Val scene was too good not to use it for an MM, so look forward to Sunday if you like Val ;)

Ah, well... I might be working on a small *cough* project. ;)

drive.png

Thanks for your support, have a nice weekend!

BTT

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I know you want me to hate Alex and she is on the verge with foot on the dashboard but no! ;)
People hate me because I changed their mind about Alex :ROFLMAO:
No, I don't want anybody hate the little rascal :p

"Alex, put your feet down."
"My cute feet look good there!"
"Cath, a little help?"
"She's always doing this. At least she takes off the shoes now."

Hey, it's Alex. ;)

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
So no, I don't want anybody hate the little rascal :p

"Cath, a little help?"

Hey, it's Alex. ;)
"Your cute feet and your cute legs will be so cute in plaster if I have to brake while driving in iced roads"
"Don't be mean to me! Just don't brake"
"Catherine do you still have the pedigree papers from when you adopted this cat?"
"No, it's a rescue, there was no paperwork"
"Yeah, something went wrong, really wrong, in this mixed breed"
"Meowie. Mewoie" :: pats feet on dashboard:: ::wiggles toes and purrs::

Ah well, it's Alex...

Peace :D

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
No, I don't want anybody hate the little rascal :p

"Cath, a little help?"

Hey, it's Alex. ;)
and no seatbelts, big pet peeve of mine in AVNs, nobody ever uses them :ROFLMAO:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
and no seatbelts, big pet peeve of mine in AVNs, nobody ever uses them :ROFLMAO:
It must kill you to watch films and television then. IRL, it's the law to wear seatbelts. In fiction... MAYBE racecar drivers... and soccer mom characters... that's about it. Get over it... please

Also, it is Alex risking her own life, not yours... Again, get over it... please
One of my greatest pet peeves is folks nit picking devs over shit that does not matter or is out of their control or would cause them major delays and setbacks to "fix", just to placate your pet peeve, wish, want, desire, "bright idea" or whatever... meh

Last edited:
Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
It must kill you to watch films and television then. IRL, it's the law to wear seatbelts. In fiction... MAYBE racecar drivers... and soccer mom characters... that's about it. Get over it... please

Also, it is Alex risking her own life, not yours... Again, get over it... please
One of my greatest pet peeves is folks nit picking devs over shit that does not matter or is out of their control or would cause them major delays and setbacks to fix, just to placate your pet peeve, wish, want, desire, "bright idea" or whatever... meh

Relax.

Eldurial has a point.
And it's not only Alex, they all don't wear a seatbell.
Because if i would apply them to all 5 characters, that would be hours. For each render.

We all agree that wearing a seatbell is a good idea, I've pointed out why they do not.
Just because it's not doable in time.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

One of my greatest pet peeves is folks nit picking devs over shit that does not matter or is out of their control or would cause them major delays and setbacks to "fix", just to placate your pet peeve, wish, want, desire, "bright idea" or whatever... meh
ha, don't get your panties in a twist man, I love BTT and what he does with his game, and I actually support him. I'm just relating to an irl experience that's it, no hard feelings on my end at all :)

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I've been in plenty cars where either I (usually in a compact of some type) or my IRL best friend (who's 6'8" / 2m) have no clearance. I wouldn't mention that personally, because that's just realism.

Lost in translation, I guess.

With clearance I meant the really big space between the doors and the main body, for example.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Lost in translation, I guess.

With clearance I meant the really big space between the doors and the main body, for example.
Oh, I thought you meant space between tops of heads to the ceiling / roof of the car (which is what my friend and I experience in reality). Obviously "clearance" can mean a lot of things.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Oh, I thought you meant space between tops of heads to the ceiling / roof of the car (which is what my friend and I experience in reality). Obviously "clearance" can mean a lot of things.
I've no idea how that's called in English, translator offered clearance as the translation for "Spaltmass". Which means how good are different parts are aligned.

Like at the bottom of the door there is 1cm space to the cars body, at the top it's 3cm.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
ha, don't get your panties in a twist man, I love BTT and what he does with his game, and I actually support him. I'm just relating to an irl experience that's it, no hard feelings on my end at all :)
I'm a grandfather. I can give a dad talk like that in my sleep and my bp doesn't rise a single tick... besides hard to get going commando in a twist now anyway... I apparently twisted your knickers about right so point made and dad talk effective.
Have a nice day, my friend... Wasn't intentionally being a prick, just making a point... Peace;)(y)

• Haha

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I've no idea how that's called in English, translator offered clearance as the translation for "Spaltmass". Which means how good are different parts are aligned.

Like at the bottom of the door there is 1cm space to the cars body, at the top it's 3cm.
Oh, I see. The literal translation would be "gap size" — 1cm vs. 3cm in distance between the door and the body of the car. I think we would probably say either alignment (orientation of the door in terms of distance, in relation to the body of the car), or maybe placement or positioning. Usually in English (or American English, in any case), the word clearance when used with a vehicle refers to the distance between outside objects and the car, most commonly like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It can also mean the distance between the side of the car and another object, like the wall of a building. So it does mean distance between things, but it's just applied differently, at least in the United States. And because here it's the distance of vehicles' roofs in relation to the top side of a tunnel, we also can use it more casually when talking about how close the top of someone's head is to something over them — the top of a doorway, a tree branch, and so forth.

(In the voice of a television commercial narrator) "The English Language: Confusing even its own native speakers for over 1600 years."

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Oh, I see. The literal translation would be "gap size" — 1cm vs. 3cm in distance between the door and the body of the car. I think we would probably say either alignment (orientation of the door in terms of distance, in relation to the body of the car), or maybe placement or positioning. Usually in English, the term clearance when used with a vehicle refers to the distance between outside objects and the car, most commonly like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So it does mean distance between things, but it's just applied differently, at least in the United States. And because here it's the distance of vehicles roofs in relation to the top side of a tunnel, we also can use it more casually when talking about how close the top of someone's head is to something over them — the top of a doorway, a tree branch, and so forth.

The English Language: Confusing even its own native speakers for over 1600 years.
Gap size? WTF? BTT was NOT referring to spark plugs. Every vehicle has three clearances, underneath, in cab (generally called head room) and the height of the vehicle for clearing underpasses like in your spoiler image. I figured it out immediately from what BTT originally said. Why all this discussion over something so simple? meh...

• Thinking Face
4.50 star(s) 61 Votes