VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.3] [badtimetales]

4.30 star(s) 65 Votes

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
There seems to be a bug:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
OSError: Couldn't find file 'audio/c041/sehnsucht-by-sascha-ende-from-filmmusic-io.mp3'.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
There seems to be a bug:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
OSError: Couldn't find file 'audio/c041/sehnsucht-by-sascha-ende-from-filmmusic-io.mp3'.
I've removed and replaced all music from that "artist", so that shouldn't happen.
Do you use a mod?

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
I've removed and replaced all music from that "artist", so that shouldn't happen.
Do you use a mod?
No. I just loaded up the save from the previous version where it says to save.

I do play with "renpy.config.developer = True" and I noticed when that is on there is stricter file checking, whereas with that off the error will not appear.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Hmmm...
Let me check.
No. I just loaded up the save from the previous version where it says to save.

I do play with "renpy.config.developer = True" and I noticed when that is on there is stricter file checking, whereas with that off the error will not appear.

Nope, that track isn't in the current build.
Might happen in a save when you scroll back, not sure about that.

Reactions: asahibito

Xiphais

Feb 14, 2018
So what's new in this version?
I checked my last save was in December and it ended right after Alex scene, and now its the same again it ends right after that scene. Then I tried rejecting Alex hoping there are new content on Isabella path but nothing.
Am i missing something here?

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
So what's new in this version?
I checked my last save was in December and it ended right after Alex scene, and now its the same again it ends right after that scene. Then I tried rejecting Alex hoping there are new content on Isabella path but nothing.
Am i missing something here?
Using Jokerleader mod, I guess?

Check a few posts back.

Zorro#34

Apr 23, 2022
Didn't play the recent update yet but, with how close Alex and Isa have become, I think that too much attention is being given to preparing the throuple, while cutting any of the girls out for a solo relationship a player might desire is gonna be too painful.

Like, personally I rejected Alex (breaking up is always a pain for me, even in games, but Alex is a tomboy, and tomboy = friendzone for me) and was originally going to pursue Isa. However, with Alex constantly being around and being somewhat insecure about Isa being hotter and richer I think I'm better off having the MC leave the girls to their own devices and try for a relationship with Val. I mean, if I went for a solo Isa route Alex would probably feel abandoned from the trio and say something along the lines of, "You gave the special connection we had away for tits and hype, AND made sure to parade your new GF around me! What kind of monster are you?!". She wouldn't be exactly wrong. Also, that sister of hers would probably tell her a ton about how she was right and Alex herself was wrong about the MC. While I don't want Alex as a LI, I don't hate her and don't wanna inflict something like that on her.
Now, if I were an Alex fan, I would probably be a bit wary of Isa too. I mean, I can only have sparse alone time with my girl in the rare moments when Isa isn't around, damn!

All in all, Val is probably the best option for me as I want the MC to be alone with the chosen LI at the early stages of building a new relationship, when that "special connection" is really brittle, and not to twist Alex's wounds by showing her the new relationship of the guy who rejected her (and not the other way around).
Basically, it's the same situation I had in Alive, where I felt that the MC wasn't yet close enough with Nikki to compete with her best friend Erin for her attention and swapped my choice to Mary, whose own best friend Stacey gave her more space.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Didn't play the recent update yet but, with how close Alex and Isa have become, I think that too much attention is being given to preparing the throuple, while cutting any of the girls out for a solo relationship a player might desire is gonna be too painful.

Like, personally I rejected Alex (breaking up is always a pain for me, even in games, but Alex is a tomboy, and tomboy = friendzone for me) and was originally going to pursue Isa. However, with Alex constantly being around and being somewhat insecure about Isa being hotter and richer I think I'm better off having the MC leave the girls to their own devices and try for a relationship with Val. I mean, if I went for a solo Isa route Alex would probably feel abandoned from the trio and say something along the lines of, "You gave the special connection we had away for tits and hype, AND made sure to parade your new GF around me! What kind of monster are you?!". She wouldn't be exactly wrong. Also, that sister of hers would probably tell her a ton about how she was right and Alex herself was wrong about the MC. While I don't want Alex as a LI, I don't hate her and don't wanna inflict something like that on her.
Now, if I were an Alex fan, I would probably be a bit wary of Isa too. I mean, I can only have sparse alone time with my girl in the rare moments when Isa isn't around, damn!

All in all, Val is probably the best option for me as I want the MC to be alone with the chosen LI at the early stages of building a new relationship, when that "special connection" is really brittle, and not to twist Alex's wounds by showing her the new relationship of the guy who rejected her (and not the other way around).
Basically, it's the same situation I had in Alive, where I felt that the MC wasn't yet close enough with Nikki to compete with her best friend Erin for her attention and swapped my choice to Mary, whose own best friend Stacey gave her more space.
I personally don't have an issue with it. I find it refreshing to see Isa getting closer and being friends with Alex on a non throuple path as I feel to many games that only happens when you are in a throuple. Which makes their chemistry all the better and more believable and also healthy for Isa since she has no friends really where she is living besides that 1 model but I wouldn't even count her.

But yeah I get your point if you don't want anything to do with Alex as a LI , Val is probably the better option when you take Alex's feeling into consideration. Since this update is about them getting closer and being friends. I might be wrong here but I think either the next update or when chapter 5 starts ( not sure if chapter 4 is done or not) is when it's going to go back to a focus on the story plus solo relationship building im guessing. As I think BTT just wanted to build up their friendship first not just for the throuple path but to show how they are becoming closer and being friends. As I feel their chemistry is part of what makes them such great characters, so them getting closer to me is a good thing. After all they are the main 2 LI before Val got a promotion and well they both could use a new friend in their personal life's so it does make sense given the context of everything that happened.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Don't forget everyone I'm also Alex & Isa's friend. I wonder if they'll let me watch them when they are in the shower :unsure:

4.30 star(s) 65 Votes