Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So it's more of a rewrite then an actual translation?
Honestly, why does it matter? Shouldn't matter what the translator does as long as they are getting the plot across to you in a clear and concise manner. A translation is transcribing words in one language into words in another language. It doesn't matter how you do it as long as it is accurate and legible. I don't understand why so many people try so hard to devalue people's hard work.

BurningOn

Apr 29, 2020
Very lazy game. Games like this remind me of why I pirate games. And it's ranked #1 on Dlsite? I mean... Okay...

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Another thing that can happen are "Sticky Keys"... google it and learn how to turn them off/turn off all windows acessibility shit that will bother u while playing when it's not a keyboard problem. Hope this solves ur issues...
Yeah, I dunno about that far (cleaning your keyboard, though I agree that's important anyway), but sticky keys might a solution. I literally just moved onto another translation, and the game's in RPGMaker VX Ace, so I'm starting to get that problem of getting stuck in one direction again. Other solutions could be to unplug any USB or bluetooth devices, such as keyboard/controllers, or check your drivers to see if any are faulty. What always works for me is restarting my computer, but that's often a pain.

Now regarding the whole NTR aspect of the game: There are occasional scenes of the female characters having sex with side characters, and there are the obligatory defeat scenes for notable enemies. Honestly if you're a possessive person that can't even stomach the thought of a girl you've fucked having sex with someone else you can avoid these scenes. You will miss out on a decent amount of content and you won't be able to craft many items, but selfish route is a route you can take.
Glad ya liked it.
And yeah, you'll lose some content and not being able to craft items does suck, but you won't miss out on much if you do choose that route, especially if you don't want any NTR.

Honestly, why does it matter? Shouldn't matter what the translator does as long as they are getting the plot across to you in a clear and concise manner. An actual translation scribing one language into another. It doesn't matter how you do it as long as it is accurate and legible. I don't understand why so many people try so hard to devalue people's hard work.
Haha, I don't take offense. And yes, I do agree that "rewrite" vs "translation" isn't TOO big of a difference, given that translations are essentially transliterations (you said it perfectly, scribing one language to another). Besides, my mentality is, if anyone other than the devs has a problem with my translation ... well, they could either not play it, or just create their own (and if they publish it, they'll endure the same scorn they've given the original translator, haha).

Anyone know any alchemy? I haven't manually made one single crafted item yet.
You don't actually NEED to find any hidden recipes, to the best my knowledge.
New recipes are unlocked the higher you raise Sherry's alchemy skills (by offering to help her). You can see what recipes are available in the alchemy menu anyway, so you're not flying blind by randomly testing ingredients.

Reactions: TGIL and Silentce

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
So it's more of a rewrite then an actual translation?
It is better to ask the translator. I think that yes, he rewrote some of the moments, but I did not check.
Ah, that's what you mean by 'rewrite'.
Yes, I rewrote a good amount of stuff; as a translator, my personal style is to be a bit more creative with the writing, since I find that, unless you're a purist, you'll have a better experience with text and ideas more culturally familiar to you. If I were to rewrite verbatim from Japanese, it'd either sound like an MTL, or you'd be bored af because some culture/language-based concepts get lost in a word-for-word translation.

However, as I said in the ReadMe, in this particular translation, I kept much of the text as close to the original meaning as possible because the dialogue/text was excellent, IMHO.

Man, Translators really love this particular circle huh? Artemis Pearl, Thanatos, now this, in such a short time...

I hope that, modifications or no, it's still possible to see the scenes as they were originally intended to be seen. Especially when it sounds like it's less of a case of NTR for most scenes, and more of a case of a bit of polygamy. After all, if the dude's allowed to fuck multiple girls, why shouldn't the girls get some extra dick now and then?
Heh, I was really excited for those other two games too (I was gonna translate them myself, but kudos to those translators as those games are quite lengthy). In fact, I wanted to take a break and play both of those games, but I'm back to another translation again ... :/

Ehhhh, mostly because it's the player's POV and I get the feeling most of us who aren't into NTR are a bit more selfish. After all, it's a harem game, so I'm assuming anyone playing this type of game wants multiple girls but doesn't want to share/let them enjoy other dick. Might not be the most altruistic attitude, but hey, that's why these are fantasy games.

As for the originals, as I've said in the ReadMe, you can either CHOOSE the NTR in game, or revert back to the original maps (which I've also translated) that force you into the NTR.

Very lazy game. Games like this remind me of why I pirate games. And it's ranked #1 on Dlsite? I mean... Okay...
That makes it okay ...? What do you mean by lazy, anyway ...? Is it the writing, or gameplay, or what?

so how barebones is the rpg bit?
It's fairly barebones in terms of building up characters and whatnot. After all, you're only raising one character's level/stats for combat, and even then, it's not hard or dense enough of a game to warrant you grinding.

If you want a deep RPG, you can go play FF or Pokemon, or whatever floats your boat, haha.

Reactions: f9account

LazyKeks

Jan 16, 2018
Ah, that's what you mean by 'rewrite'.
Yes, I rewrote a good amount of stuff; as a translator, my personal style is to be a bit more creative with the writing, since I find that, unless you're a purist, you'll have a better experience with text and ideas more culturally familiar to you. If I were to rewrite verbatim from Japanese, it'd either sound like an MTL, or you'd be bored af because some culture/language-based concepts get lost in a word-for-word translation.

However, as I said in the ReadMe, in this particular translation, I kept much of the text as close to the original meaning as possible because the dialogue/text was excellent, IMHO.
I think the dude is asking about the unavoidable ntr in this canon game, and you rewrote some points, and now ntr avoidable.
I think so, but I could be wrong.

phampanvn1998

Aug 9, 2018
I have never seen any tags that are as controversial as ntr. Can't people just ignore it as they do to scat or ryona.

JoleenStar

Sep 29, 2017
I played this untranslated. If I remember correctly, as long as you avoid side quests, there shouldnt be any NTR. But I am not 100%

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
I played this untranslated. If I remember correctly, as long as you avoid side quests, there shouldnt be any NTR. But I am not 100%
No, there are three separate main story-based incidents where you actually see NTR in H-Scenes in the original, and which I've made avoidable:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And two that are just referenced in text (which I've changed slightly to avoid most of it)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BurningOn

Apr 29, 2020
That makes it okay ...? What do you mean by lazy, anyway ...? Is it the writing, or gameplay, or what?
It's another way of saying "Wow, I'm in disbelief." And quite a bit of everything is lazy. Let me flesh it out.
1.)The concept has a lot of potential for a game - it's not executed well. From the story to the gameplay. There are scenarios that happen in the game that could have made for a more interesting experience, but fall flat. There are certain gameplay mechanics - such as the clothing damage, that is done nothing with. You're not even acknowledged in the over-world as having damaged clothes. It's just purely there to keep your blood flowing as you're in a battle. Once you return to the over-world, it's not even acknowledged in your standing portrait. Your character returns to fully-clothed.

2.)Quite a number of scenes that happen in the game, instead of them actually being drawn out and shown to you - it's just left as pure text. For example, the scene where the 3 girls pee on a man - instead of that being drawn out, it's just described to you. Or when the protagonist "shoots out his stuff" at the beginning of the game, it isn't shown on the girls' portraits. I would understand if that were the nature of the game - to leave certain things to your imagination, so it can run wild. However, it doesn't seem that this game was designed to be experienced in such a way. The story isn't told with that in mind. Most of the H-scenes that are actually drawn out are very "in your face". Most of the H-events that happen are very "in your face". There isn't any buildup, tease or story-progression that leads up to anything H-related. Most of the H-related content happens purely as comedic relief, or something very matter-of-factly. It just appears like the devs couldn't be bothered to actually draw out the scenes for quite a number of events that happen. This one bugs me the most, actually.

3.) There's a trend with devs that want to quickly churn out a game for some $$$. And usually what those devs do is make the game very tediously long - either with unnecessarily long dungeons that you grind through for 1 scene, or a very wordy story that could be condensed and still have the story be told in a meaningful way. In this case, it would be the latter. This game plays like a Visual Novel story-teller, and for what? It's not one. It just feels like the devs are using a tiresome amount of words to fill in time for the lack of actual game play elements or H-events. And one could say "Well, maybe the devs didn't design the game to be taken too seriously." But, then, what's the point in approaching the game like you would a visual novel? Why write a tiresome amount of words that someone has to shift through that doesn't really go anywhere? Why waste a bunch of time going through a bunch of text when the events that do happen happen more of like an excuse, rather than anything that actually relates to what is going on - if they even happen at all and aren't just glossed over like it's supposed to be left up to your imagination? Which, as I already explained earlier how the game doesn't seem to be designed with that intention in mind.

4.) When looking in the images folder, if the images aren't actually hidden in a game like this - which is also a reoccurring theme I've also noticed in games that are just a quick cash grab, you'll notice that there's hardly any images at all. The main content of the folder consists of standing portraits, and clothing damage portraits. Most scenes that happen inside the game that aren't purely text-based reuse the same couple of images. Now, this usually isn't necessarily a bad thing - I've seen sexual harassment-based games reuse the same pictures (think of Meritocracy, Curse of Pleasure, Rhode's Fortress, etc). However, when quite a number of scenes that happen aren't drawn out, and the scenes that do happen reuse the same assets, it feels like this was done as a way to put the least amount of effort into the product to pass as an excuse for a fleshed-out game and is sold off.

There's more, but I really don't feel like explaining myself further. It's tiresome.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
So I am guessing this one those they have to lose to see H content :cautious:
For content that isn't related to the MC? yeah, for the content related to MC? it's story based.

And well, if you are interested on the "lose and be raped" scenes you just need to clic surrender.

• Sad
Reactions: kailius

rienrien

Jan 28, 2019
You see, this game didn't have the NTR tag when it first came out. This lead to a massive backlash on the reviews and ci-en post comments when people who bought it found out that (according to them since I don't play this game) 70% of the total scenes don't involve MC in the action. On the cover image it's explicitly written "building a harem just for me".

Since this is triangle!'s first male MC game, I'd like to see whether they're going to go back to female MC games or try another one.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
So I am guessing this one those they have to lose to see H content :cautious:
Nope, as you've already been informed, there's lots of other side quests, optional triggers, and main quest H-scenes. But yeah, you can just click "Surrender" to see the battle-loss content.

You see, this game didn't have the NTR tag when it first came out. This lead to a massive backlash on the reviews and ci-en post comments when people who bought it found out that (according to them since I don't play this game) 70% of the total scenes don't involve MC in the action. On the cover image it's explicitly written "building a harem just for me".

Since this is triangle!'s first male MC game, I'd like to see whether they're going to go back to female MC games or try another one.
Wow, didn't know that. That definitely makes sense and I could see why folks were pissed.
Hell, I was upset enough when seeing the first NTR scene that I made it a personal goal to write in those scenes as optional.
I do think that "harem" and "NTR" seem like rather conflicting ideas to put in a game if they're nearly equal in focus. I've seen it work, but yeah, that could warrant some backlash.

Red_Line

Oct 7, 2018
The first one is netorare and the second one is netorase. But here it's both tagged with NTR because the admins don't care about it.
Any reason for this? Like half the time I go to a thread there's like mini-wars (albeit much more civil now, but there's still some animosity) about this and people getting angry over people asking wether or not the NTR is either avoidable or what type it is. Seems like spliting it into three (netorare, netori, and netorase) would help. Unless we have tags the refer to the other two that people just aren't using that I don't know about.

Ragingrager

Jan 27, 2018

This game sounds like cancer, they deserved the backlash, that is actually complete trash. Hopefully they make a proper harem game instead of this fake harem game. What was even their reply to those people? Oh sorry we didn't think people into a harem would be pissed that this game isn't actually a harem at all? How can someone actually be that stupid.

2.20 star(s) 6 Votes