popober

Jun 9, 2017
Ah now I see why it is called island saga. They "borrowed" alot from the Romancing saga combat system. Makes me wonder now if this game is going to be deeper then I thought when it comes to builds. I wonder if they included tech and magic crowns like Romancing saga 3? If so I guess I fucked myself teaching all my characters different types of magic.
Huh. And I was just about to slap everything from the magic shop on everyone before I thought better of it.

Got any tips regarding the gameplay? For the first time, I'm actually interested in a deeper look at the mechanics of a game from this site. I'd really like to know what does what; like how do stats work and what determines those seemingly random stat gains after a fight. I'd also like to know why it's a bad idea to teach everyone all the magic.

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
Huh. And I was just about to slap everything from the magic shop on everyone before I thought better of it.

Got any tips regarding the gameplay? For the first time, I'm actually interested in a deeper look at the mechanics of a game from this site. I'd really like to know what does what; like how do stats work and what determines those seemingly random stat gains after a fight. I'd also like to know why it's a bad idea to teach everyone all the magic.
Each weapon has a set of skills associated with it which I guess increases as you level up. Magic, dunno, haven't gotten that far yet.

popober

Jun 9, 2017
Each weapon has a set of skills associated with it which I guess increases as you level up. Magic, dunno, haven't gotten that far yet.
That I got, but I'm more interested in things like which weapon might be good for which character or how stats work and what determines those post-battle stat gains you get here and there -- things like that.

Reactions: Canade

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018

So i haven't played enough to know 100% for sure but this plays exactly like romancing saga. The skill names are even taken from the game which I have mixed feelings about but that aside let me go through a little bit about how Romancing saga works and that will give you an idea of how this game works too. I also want to point out I am applying my knowledge of Romancing Saga to this game. Some of the logic might not be 100% the same and hopefully the more annoying aspects of RS are left out.

So fair warning to explain how this games leveling up works is going to be a huge wall of text. I will put a TLDR at the end but if you want specifics here it is. You were warned this is going to be a long one:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

so for those who don't want to read the wall of text a few facts for Romancing saga's combat system and how it works from my understanding here:

1. Tech skills are learned by using a weapon class such as swords. The more you use it the more likely you are to "spark" a new talent. Some new talents require you to use other talents in order to learn them.
  2. Magic works similarly, except it is tied to different magic schools ( Fire > water > wind >earth > light > dark) the more you use the school of magic the more chance it has to level up and when you level up you may learn a new magic skill
  3. *May or may NOT be in this game* Magic and Tech crowns are earned by spec-ing exclusively in either tech or magic and not both and will lower cost of magic skills by 1 once obtained. Crowns can be lost if the ratio of MP / TP does not maintain the base requirements to obtain a crown.
  4. Stats operate in that the more you use something the more chance it has to level up. Example: the more you use Swords the more your sword rank goes up and the more likely stats associated with combat will go up. The more you use magic the more magic stats go up such as getting more MP.
  5. The acquiring of stats is random and there is no guarantee that you will get the stats you want or need at the end of a battle. The same is true with sparking new techniques.
  6. All characters are able to be molded to be what you want. The downside is that this will no doubt require you to GRIND in order to level up in some cases. R.S was notorious for being a very grindy yet open game.
I hope this helps out with people understanding how this game works for stats and skills. I can only judge off my knowledge of Romancing saga and if Island Saga has changed certain aspects it might not be 100% correct but I think from playing it operates basically like I have listed.

Chaussettes

Apr 1, 2018
Game looked fun and interesting the first 30 min, then I had to go and close it. When i came back to it I checked the gallery, curious, and saw like 5-6-7 scenes for each girls. Doesn't seem to be a lot, which is annoying to me since I kinda like having a lot of scenes to develop the girls and their fall (in depravity or in love, doesn't matter). Which is why I don't think I'll bother, a shame since I enjoy the art a lot and would probably just buy the game if it was big. I saw the 3 GB and got hyped, but I guess (I'm a total noob when it comes to space and game developping) the animations are what make the game heavy.

Dunno why such a big part of h game devs want to put animations in their game at the cost of huge time (and thus, of probably a lot of scenes they could have done with that time) when it brings so little, but I'm probably one of the minority there.

Hope for more games for this dev tho.

popober

Jun 9, 2017
So i haven't played enough to know 100% for sure but this plays exactly like romancing saga. The skill names are even taken from the game which I have mixed feelings about but that aside let me go through a little bit about how Romancing saga works and that will give you an idea of how this game works too. I also want to point out I am applying my knowledge of Romancing Saga to this game. Some of the logic might not be 100% the same and hopefully the more annoying aspects of RS are left out.

So fair warning to explain how this games leveling up works is going to be a huge wall of text. I will put a TLDR at the end but if you want specifics here it is. You were warned this is going to be a long one:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

so for those who don't want to read the wall of text a few facts for Romancing saga's combat system and how it works from my understanding here:

1. Tech skills are learned by using a weapon class such as swords. The more you use it the more likely you are to "spark" a new talent. Some new talents require you to use other talents in order to learn them.
  2. Magic works similarly, except it is tied to different magic schools ( Fire > water > wind >earth > light > dark) the more you use the school of magic the more chance it has to level up and when you level up you may learn a new magic skill
  3. *May or may NOT be in this game* Magic and Tech crowns are earned by spec-ing exclusively in either tech or magic and not both and will lower cost of magic skills by 1 once obtained. Crowns can be lost if the ratio of MP / TP does not maintain the base requirements to obtain a crown.
  4. Stats operate in that the more you use something the more chance it has to level up. Example: the more you use Swords the more your sword rank goes up and the more likely stats associated with combat will go up. The more you use magic the more magic stats go up such as getting more MP.
  5. The acquiring of stats is random and there is no guarantee that you will get the stats you want or need at the end of a battle. The same is true with sparking new techniques.
  6. All characters are able to be molded to be what you want. The downside is that this will no doubt require you to GRIND in order to level up in some cases. R.S was notorious for being a very grindy yet open game.
I hope this helps out with people understanding how this game works for stats and skills. I can only judge off my knowledge of Romancing saga and if Island Saga has changed certain aspects it might not be 100% correct but I think from playing it operates basically like I have listed.
Thanks a lot! This definitely gives me a better idea of how the game works. I'll assume this does follow SaGa mechanics as a general guideline for now. Hope that Crown system isn't included too; I'm actually wary of teaching anyone magic right now. Few questions though:

-How do the individual stats affect combat? STR, VIT, and INT seem simple enough; but AGI, WIL, and CHA doesn't seem as intuitive. For example, AGI usually determines how quick a character can act in a turn but my Hero dude still acted pretty late despite having the highest AGI until Sakura got a couple of lucky gains. Guessing it's more about dodging? No idea about WIL and CHA at all.

-On a similar note; Martial Arts. What the fuck determines Martial Arts damage? My Hero's Throw and Sakura's Kick consistently deal triple digits while weapon attacks are stuck in doubles.

-From your RS knowledge, what are the functional differences between the weapon types? I'm guessing it primarily boils down to what skills they can gain; so how do, say, the Sword skill pool differ from the Spear and Axe pools? Just generally speaking; you don't have to go to deep into it.

-Am I right in assuming it's more "efficient" to grind short battles against weak enemies for stats? Since more battles = more chances for random stat gains.

Thanks in advance sorry for the questions, and I do hope I'm not asking for too much. It's just the first time I've ever been interested in the mechanics of anything on here.

pletoxxx

May 18, 2017
sooo, are this gonna have replay obligation like apostle or nah?

i remember playing apostle like 10 times just to unlock each girls scene lol

while being one hit god in the process lol

Roufas

May 19, 2018
Can you change in different costumes? I went to gallery mode, it had character mode, it had 3 billion options except for changing costume (or well, removing them lol).

Just want to make sure before I commit, I care about this kind of feature.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Not even the ONE, obligatory, -or shit, maybe just thrown in for the giggles- petite, normal-breasted girl?
Such a waste...
*sademoji*

And yes, even though I know what their circle name means... xD

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Thanks a lot! This definitely gives me a better idea of how the game works. I'll assume this does follow SaGa mechanics as a general guideline for now. Hope that Crown system isn't included too; I'm actually wary of teaching anyone magic right now. Few questions though:

-How do the individual stats affect combat? STR, VIT, and INT seem simple enough; but AGI, WIL, and CHA doesn't seem as intuitive. For example, AGI usually determines how quick a character can act in a turn but my Hero dude still acted pretty late despite having the highest AGI until Sakura got a couple of lucky gains. Guessing it's more about dodging? No idea about WIL and CHA at all.

-On a similar note; Martial Arts. What the fuck determines Martial Arts damage? My Hero's Throw and Sakura's Kick consistently deal triple digits while weapon attacks are stuck in doubles.

-From your RS knowledge, what are the functional differences between the weapon types? I'm guessing it primarily boils down to what skills they can gain; so how do, say, the Sword skill pool differ from the Spear and Axe pools? Just generally speaking; you don't have to go to deep into it.

-Am I right in assuming it's more "efficient" to grind short battles against weak enemies for stats? Since more battles = more chances for random stat gains.

Thanks in advance sorry for the questions, and I do hope I'm not asking for too much. It's just the first time I've ever been interested in the mechanics of anything on here.
1- Not sure the stats are different then from RS. They are probably typical RPG stats AGL - Dodge rate, WIL - Mag Resist, CHA - charisma might have something to do with formations or drop rates.

2- I believe it has to do with str, agi, and fist levels. I believe they determine unarmed attack. Also the enemies you are fighting might be weak to unarmed.

3-functionally? nothing however some enemies are weak to various types of attacks. you will see in this game squares below enemies. they denote weaknesses. you hit the weakness a square will fill in showing what it is weak to. for instance Garm's in the beginners cave are weak to water.

4- Hmm I am unsure on that one. Mainly because enemies were funky in RS. they would sometime "level with you" and other times be locked at specific strengths so some enemies would be harder in an area at first but if you came back later they would be childs play because you exceeded their cap. Enemies sort of level with you based on HP in RS. the more HP you get the stronger the enemies get. Additionally they got stronger the further in the game you got too based on hidden event triggers.

Nicknameunico

Mar 18, 2019
kamichichi seriuosly lacks on the pregnacy thing. I mean art and all of these. Not just put some "baby" or "aka-chan" stuff in texts.
Might have best art than Meltys Quest, but Meltys beat their games in pregnacy, interspecies sex and so on...
and for the record, I love big boobs. But work on the argument, kid.

I don't consider eroges without the pregnacy thing.

Reactions: Mighty J

Thangle

Jul 8, 2017
Played it in japanese already, but glad to see it it's finally translated. If you want the game on easy mode just give three characters axes and two characters bows. Swords, daggers, spears are all way weaker, while axes have monster attack stat and bows get access to a lot of strong aoe early.

3.90 star(s) 37 Votes