Steven Dow

Jan 2, 2023
Wait a minute. When I downloaded version 0.22, it was not in the first post of this forum thread. Now it is there (Thread Updated: 2023-08-03). And the developer then writes "Sorry! I didn't upload this". How to understand it now? Who then published this on behalf of the developer? And why, if there are a lot of bugs?

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
Wait a minute. When I downloaded version 0.22, it was not in the first post of this forum thread. Now it is there (Thread Updated: 2023-08-03). And the developer then writes "Sorry! I didn't upload this". How to understand it now? Who then published this on behalf of the developer? And why, if there are a lot of bugs?
The dev probably releases test builds to his patrons, they get to try some of the new content early and he gets feedback before the public build is live. Someone that he released it to then passed it along to the uploaders here. I couldn't really tell you the why other than the uploaders upload because having new content is generally good for F95. Usually even when patron builds are "alphas" that are intended for testing they're still the whole game up to that point with the last bit having typos and bugs, but in this case it seems the developer put together a build for specifically testing new content and so the existing content that wasn't intended to be part of testing is kind of bugged.

Reactions: Cleaner20

Steven Dow

Jan 2, 2023
So any idea if the public build he mentioned will get uploaded?
I think yes, but later (the developer himself wrote that he wanted to upload some version, but after it was finalized and most of the bugs were eliminated), and as a result, let's say someone "stole" the test version and posted it here. Due to a bug with a passage to the jungle, the entire quest line has ceased to be relevant and the game has turned into a brick.

Steven Dow

Jan 2, 2023
The dev probably releases test builds to his patrons, they get to try some of the new content early and he gets feedback before the public build is live. Someone that he released it to then passed it along to the uploaders here. I couldn't really tell you the why other than the uploaders upload because having new content is generally good for F95. Usually even when patron builds are "alphas" that are intended for testing they're still the whole game up to that point with the last bit having typos and bugs, but in this case it seems the developer put together a build for specifically testing new content and so the existing content that wasn't intended to be part of testing is kind of bugged.
Personally, I think that in principle it was so.

00M0R1

Mar 29, 2020
tbh it has been a while since i've seen an update for this. Kinda disappointed that its only a test/dev build. But at least we got confirmation that a public build is coming (wether that means anything or not remains to be seen). Otherwise I am looking forward to the promised public build since I liked this game.

Niub

Jul 8, 2018
Current available version is a buggy mess. New game button doesnt work as intended. Overlay and controls bug out and vanish without apparrent cause softlocking the game. Pretty stupid loading times too, so it's unoptimized to boot. Currently not worth touching.

Steven Dow

Jan 2, 2023
Maybe it's not my business, but I would advise the developer (or whoever is responsible for the publication), to replace 0.22 on the first page of the thread with a version before this one. She seemed to work. But then, when 0.22 has already ( or most) completed and playable...

geugeug

Jul 1, 2017
God damn it!

I was going to upload a public build this month when all the bugs are fixed. I've been waiting all month for this.

I mean, yeah, I guess I suspect this may happen

There are going to be a lot of bugs, no opening, and no story.

Sorry!
I didn't upload this

I'm not going to answer any questions about these bugs or the lack of story because I didn't anticipate this, I already know about a lot of the bugs that are being mentioned.

Damn, this has been ruined. I waited so long for a good public release. :cry:

Keep it up man, I think the UI and graphic options improved greatly. There are not a lot of unit games on f95 that allow me to get the right settings for ultrawide in just a couple of clicks. So I think you are setting a great standard for yourself. I was a bit harsh since I was really hoping to be able to play it since it looks really promising. So aside from the bugs you got something good going.

About the bugs I encounterd; It was quite odd, the first time I booted all was fine. I went from the camp to some demo area with a row of girls lined up. After interacting with them and then going over to the goblins and knocking them out, I tried to wake 1 and then the textbox disapeared. This made me unable to act. After rebooting and doing NG I was never able to get control of my character on the map.

Nishee

Oct 13, 2020
Does this mean it's no longer in development hell? Or are we still in development hell? :O

reilynn

Jan 16, 2018
I back this game and have for many months now... The game is SOOOO much more than it was 6 or even 9 months ago. With the added complexity comes added bugs. Dev worked hard for a good Patreon release, but he admits now it's a buggy mess now that the Patreon release was leaked on sites like this. He's dishearted so many people won't see this game at it's best. But they have bug reports now and are trying.
The game is unique and fun. Let's not discourage devs trying to make quality game . If you can't do better, maybe be kinder - many of you are playing a build you didn't even pay for. Kind of like getting a free meal then complaining there's too much salt...kind of like some of the comments here...too much salt.

ikedia

Sep 24, 2017
I back this game and have for many months now... The game is SOOOO much more than it was 6 or even 9 months ago. With the added complexity comes added bugs. Dev worked hard for a good Patreon release, but he admits now it's a buggy mess now that the Patreon release was leaked on sites like this. He's dishearted so many people won't see this game at it's best. But they have bug reports now and are trying.
The game is unique and fun. Let's not discourage devs trying to make quality game . If you can't do better, maybe be kinder - many of you are playing a build you didn't even pay for. Kind of like getting a free meal then complaining there's too much salt...kind of like some of the comments here...too much salt.
I give the benefit of doubt that things are not going as intended, tho i do enjoy the previous versions this one is not good. Im assuming this release was not intended as a release yet do to some of the annoying bugs.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
Not sure thsi counts as stable new start is broken, and I can't actually do the quest chain it just kind hiccups all over like I get to where I am leading them to the farms and well it just bugs out and I can't go anywhwere sigh.

Reactions: s278a
Mar 5, 2018
Not sure thsi counts as stable new start is broken, and I can't actually do the quest chain it just kind hiccups all over like I get to where I am leading them to the farms and well it just bugs out and I can't go anywhwere sigh.
Yeah its not actually a stable release, it's apparently just a test version

Reactions: Zakutsa and s278a
3.70 star(s) 34 Votes