RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
2. I will share some polls with comparisons, to let you decide about Masha's possible body changes. I was experimenting with thiner lips and smaller hips, but bigger tits. I don't want to change her look in general, but I will consider to change the morph-settings.
I'll be real with you a second. Minor changes arent going to quell most of the people who have issues with the game, especially no the people who don't like hips. The thing is that its not that the hips are too big, no thats not the issue most people seem to have. Its the shape and positioning. Your hips are low and rotated weirdly as well as the thighs being rotated inwards strangely as well in some renders.

But the thing is that all of that is OK. If thats what gets you off, thats what gets you off. And if for whatever reason normal proportions are a turn off, then making a game that would please most is just going to have you end up making a game that you don't like. And making a game that you don't have any passion for is always grueling. Of course, if im being honest, I wouldn't expect to gather much of an audience (at least compared to the top games) with the current model, however you shouldn't be looking at it from the angle of it being about money in the first place.

Deleted member 1394645

Game Developer
May 4, 2019
I'll be real with you a second. Minor changes arent going to quell most of the people who have issues with the game, especially no the people who don't like hips. The thing is that its not that the hips are too big, no thats not the issue most people seem to have. Its the shape and positioning. Your hips are low and rotated weirdly as well as the thighs being rotated inwards strangely as well in some renders.

But the thing is that all of that is OK. If thats what gets you off, thats what gets you off. And if for whatever reason normal proportions are a turn off, then making a game that would please most is just going to have you end up making a game that you don't like. And making a game that you don't have any passion for is always grueling. Of course, if im being honest, I wouldn't expect to gather much of an audience (at least compared to the top games) with the current model, however you shouldn't be looking at it from the angle of it being about money in the first place.
The thing is that I never was 100% sure about the proportions and hip-waste-ratio. I just gave it a try. I developed Masha with different body figures. And I won't change a lot. I will just share different ideas and try to get feedback. ;)

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The thing is that I never was 100% sure about the proportions and hip-waste-ratio. I just gave it a try. I developed Masha with different body figures. And I won't change a lot. I will just share different ideas and try to get feedback. ;)
Wouldn't it be rather simple, to just try model it after something you like from seen in real life? Tbh the closest I seen this result was on a tv series about botched plastic surgeries where some woman had butt implants that had imploded more or less.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
What? The dev wanted her to look that way. It's his story. So, in my opinion people need to shut the fuck up about it. Either play the game or don't.
it was a joke, worded differently and even more bluntly it would be : you did not spit in the soup so other would still taste it's horror later

pretty sure dev just looked at his renders from too close and couldn't see the problem (it happen when you focus too much ^^)

ninnip30

Sep 17, 2017
this game looks like an avocado had sex with an older, more disgusting avocado. Not gently. Like it was hate-fucking. There was something wrong with the relationship... and that was the only catharsis that they could find without violence.
Ok TJ Miller.... Lmao

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
proportion look a bit like some victorian beauty ideal, the problem is not in the proportion as it's all a matter of individual taste some like skinny, some like svelte some like thicc and some like fat but it's not this that people are speacking about (except for the lips i think it's clear)
the problem is that her bone structure is not humanly possible, her waist is impossible to the level that even game standard can't explain it
get some fresh air, and take a second look at her, you must be too focused on one detail and your missing something that hit most of us realy fast as realy obvious : THE WAIST BONE IS A LIE ><

WizD

Apr 28, 2018
You know all these games you are playing is not a reflection of reality, of what going on outside your basement door right?
Correct but my point was it's possible that the mom is that big of a 304. If the creator wants her to do that it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Reactions: acondo

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Good morning guys! :LOL:

Thank you so much for your comments, again.

It was fun to read them all. Some were very rough, but some very funny or helpful, too. In some moments, I was frustrated, but in some others I laughed my ass off. :ROFLMAO:

As this is my first release ever, you already understood that there is potential for improvement. What will I do now?

1. I will look for people who can help me with coding and writing, to fix the English and consider choices, locations, ...

2. I will share some polls with comparisons, to let you decide about Masha's possible body changes. I was experimenting with thiner lips and smaller hips, but bigger tits. I don't want to change her look in general, but I will consider to change the morph-settings.

3. I will follow this thread to get more feedback from you.

Many Thanks for those who already supported me on Patreon! ;)

And by the way: I'm not the developer who need 20 updates for the first sex scene. I have an interesting story with different locations, additional main characters and much more sex scenes. Plus, there WON'T be NTR. but there will be situations where Masha gets in serious trouble outside. Every further update will have vaginal/anal-scenes and some oral.

Thanks!
Zeus
First, good on you for not giving up. A lot of people with thinner skin would have looked at the thread and called it quits right there. If you ever want to be a creator of any kind, you gotta learn to deal with adversity, and you seem to at least be making the first steps.

Second, creative vision vs player preferences. Before you do anything, think real hard about what your objective here is. Do you want to try and be a dev full time and getting support from patreon? Player preferences are king. If this is your visual standard, get ready for a major overhaul. Weird games are okay and can gather a large following but they need to be both weird in an intriguing way and good in all other aspects so that the "weird" becomes a part of the charm. If this is your first game, you're not on a level where you can pull it off. No disrespect towards you, just saying what I'd say to 99% of devs in your shoes.

If you don't care about the money and just want to share a story with the visuals that appeal to you, go for it. Disregard everything people have said and forge your own path. However, be aware that if your game becomes popular, good chance it will be for the wrong reasons and people can bring it up as a negative example. It takes a lot of mental toughness to succeed on this path.

My suggestion for you, if you're serious about being a game developer, would be to first do a "normal" game that lets you get into the workflow and understand how everything works first. Vanilla renders, nothing too complicated in terms of story paths. Start small, learn to do the work well and on time, learn about your own limitations, build a following based on quality work and consistency. Then once you finish it, feel free to branch out with a new game and tell the story that you want to tell with whatever visuals tickle your fancy. It will be way easier on yourself.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
First, good on you for not giving up. A lot of people with thinner skin would have looked at the thread and called it quits right there. If you ever want to be a creator of any kind, you gotta learn to deal with adversity, and you seem to at least be making the first steps.

Second, creative vision vs player preferences. Before you do anything, think real hard about what your objective here is. Do you want to try and be a dev full time and getting support from patreon? Player preferences are king. If this is your visual standard, get ready for a major overhaul. Weird games are okay and can gather a large following but they need to be both weird in an intriguing way and good in all other aspects so that the "weird" becomes a part of the charm. If this is your first game, you're not on a level where you can pull it off. No disrespect towards you, just saying what I'd say to 99% of devs in your shoes.

If you don't care about the money and just want to share a story with the visuals that appeal to you, go for it. Disregard everything people have said and forge your own path. However, be aware that if your game becomes popular, good chance it will be for the wrong reasons and people can bring it up as a negative example. It takes a lot of mental toughness to succeed on this path.

My suggestion for you, if you're serious about being a game developer, would be to first do a "normal" game that lets you get into the workflow and understand how everything works first. Vanilla renders, nothing too complicated in terms of story paths. Start small, learn to do the work well and on time, learn about your own limitations, build a following based on quality work and consistency. Then once you finish it, feel free to branch out with a new game and tell the story that you want to tell with whatever visuals tickle your fancy. It will be way easier on yourself.
Some of that, is correct. However, you're very wrong about letting players influence your story and creations. Many devs that have tried, burned out and walked away. The vision you had is gone and it becomes too much. Just let the devs write and create as they want. The player base might be small, but, does that really matter if you enjoy what you're doing? No. It doesn't.

Deleted member 1394645

Game Developer
May 4, 2019
Right.

I think this is your opinion, it´s ok, but it´s not "the fact". Again, there is not a standard anywhere. Look at "Latest Updates". Everything is totally different. What you mean with "standard" is your personal preference, maybe like "Boy wakes up, and begins to corrupt and manipulate his Landlady and Roommate with cock-rubbing, 50 "job"-scenes,...

This is what I would never do in my life, not even for great money. ;)

For me, it´s important to have an audience, but I don´t need millions of followers. And again, I need the audience to get different perspectives, and of course for kinda confirmation of what I´m doing. I´m developing myself with the feedback of the audience. Constructive feedback gives me inspiration and the opportunity to rethink my ideas and concepts. It´s not that I want to do exactly what guys like you want or order. I could not work like that. But if you someone like you share with me your opinions and I can think about it and maybe find something interesting in that for myself.

Like I wrote before, "normal" is very subjective. Making vanilla renders ist waste of time, in my opinion. I think I already started small, because I made a VN without choices on a standard GUI.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Here's the thing, some of us poke fun at stuff. For me, personally, I do shitpost a lot but I do it for the giggles. I like to make people smile.

Now, when it comes to renders, different will always be singled out. It happened to Light of my Life, is still happening if we're honest, and it happens to any other game that isn't using standard Daz models.

People don't like games all looking the same, they don't like games looking different, it's a vicious cycle.

That said, those comments will die down and people will either get on board with the unique and eventually enjoy it, like they did with Light of my Life, or they will just move on.

As a dev you have a thin line to tread of just how much you want to cater to your playerbase. Too much and they will take advantage and expect you to cater to their every demand, too little and .... well, nothing really, a lot of devs don't really change anything based on their playerbase. They only really listen to bug reports. Depends what kind of dev you want to be.

Personally I prefer a game where the majority, if not all, is the devs ideas. I'm here to play the games the devs make not what random Joe and the forum brigade want because 10 times out of 10 those games end up an abomination of multiple ideas and always look messy.

Plus if you start making your game catering to others it will no longer be your game. Sooner or later you no longer enjoy making that game and you burnout and abandon it. That i've seen far too many times from new devs.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Here's the thing, some of us poke fun at stuff. For me, personally, I do shitpost a lot but I do it for the giggles. I like to make people smile.

Now, when it comes to renders, different will always be singled out. It happened to Light of my Life, is still happening if we're honest, and it happens to any other game that isn't using standard Daz models.

People don't like games all looking the same, they don't like games looking different, it's a vicious cycle.

That said, those comments will die down and people will either get on board with the unique and eventually enjoy it, like they did with Light of my Life, or they will just move on.

As a dev you have a thin line to tread of just how much you want to cater to your playerbase. Too much and they will take advantage and expect you to cater to their every demand, too little and .... well, nothing really, a lot of devs don't really change anything based on their playerbase. They only really listen to bug reports. Depends what kind of dev you want to be.

Personally I prefer a game where the majority, if not all, is the devs ideas. I'm here to play the games the devs make not what random Joe and the forum brigade want because 10 times out of 10 those games end up an abomination of multiple ideas and always look messy.

Plus if you start making your game catering to others it will no longer be your game. Sooner or later you no longer enjoy making that game and you burnout and abandon it. That i've seen far too many times from new devs.
Well said. Better than my few sentences above.

Reactions: Avaron1974

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
Good morning guys! :LOL:

Thank you so much for your comments, again.

It was fun to read them all. Some were very rough, but some very funny or helpful, too. In some moments, I was frustrated, but in some others I laughed my ass off. :ROFLMAO:

As this is my first release ever, you already understood that there is potential for improvement. What will I do now?

1. I will look for people who can help me with coding and writing, to fix the English and consider choices, locations, ...

3. I will follow this thread to get more feedback from you.

Many Thanks for those who already supported me on Patreon! ;)

And by the way: I'm not the developer who need 20 updates for the first sex scene. I have an interesting story with different locations, additional main characters and much more sex scenes. Plus, there WON'T be NTR. but there will be situations where Masha gets in serious trouble outside. Every further update will have vaginal/anal-scenes and some oral.

Thanks!
Zeus
My earnest two cents: there is absolutely nothing wrong with stylized, exaggerated body proportions. Two examples off the top of my head that really pull it off well are Power Vacuum and Away From Home. The women in those games have exaggerated bodies that are nothing like real world bodies, but they are still hot as hell. Tbh you probably aren't super far off from having something that is passable as far as the body is concerned you just need to work on the thigh/hips area. I think you can get the look you are going for: small waist with a big ass without having it look as strange as it currently does.

Good Luck

3.40 star(s) 29 Votes