3.40 star(s) 17 Votes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
:rolleyes: Nice to see this genious whose have a solution for everybody, even though they have no idea of the personal situation.
He said he was going to go with solar panels and there just as expensive or more so than generators are but solar panels in his area needs electricity to run which does not make any since at all.

You get solar panels so you don't need a power grid, if you need a power grid with power then you don't need solar panels and if you have solar panels then you don't need a power grid.

It cost 30,000 dollars for solar panels for me to live off the grid and only 4,000 to buy a heavy duty generator to live off the grid.

Tweaker69

Aug 12, 2016
If you're having blackout issues, wouldn't a good UPS make more sense? That mixed with a small generator would be a cost effective option. Solar systems are stupid expensive even when there aren't strange issues that make them depend on the power grid (uhhh wut?).

Reactions: a1fox3

mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
It cost 30,000 dollars for solar panels for me to live off the grid and only 4,000 to buy a heavy duty generator to live off the grid.
:rolleyes: Right genious. I don't know his situation so can't think of giving an opinion so shallowly. Just two things becoming in my mind about your solution. Fuel and noise. And a power grid is always necessary. With this I end the OffTopic.

UnrealLimits

Jun 2, 2018
Ill wait and see if the next update happens soon enough before downloading. I enjoyed the game when it was released but I'd rather wait and make sure the dev is back for a while.

Reactions: a1fox3

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I normally do not get into these discussions, however, I have done some research about the solar energy in the region that the dev lives does in fact require them to be on a grid, if I understand the legislation that passed earlier this year. Sure the generators may be cheaper themselves, but the fuel to operate them is not there. Thier region has some of the highest prices in the world for fosil fuel.

Tweaker69

Aug 12, 2016
I actually remember playing this game a year ago (Which is already a significant compliment), and wanting very much to see it progress further. The Dev is obviously a smart and talented guy. That's why I think it's relevant to wonder at his inability to solve his electricity problems.

There may very well be things we don't know/haven't considered about his situation, but it would be in his interest to invest his time, energy and resources into solving this problem. He stated that he lost 500!!!! pictured due to blackouts... That is a huge amount of time and effort flushed down the toilet, and a loss of the money he would have made from the pleased patrons that would likely follow.

I have to sympathize, if not completely agree, with those who are expressing there doubts about getting their hopes up about this game. The apology update is nice, but it is not only VERY late, but also completely without good ideas on how these existing problems might be solved. If the dev has been as active as the update suggested, he should have been able to use his resourcefulness toward solutions instead of simply banging his head against that wall. Also, I don't think this is off-topic, in the least. It is directly and completely related to the development and future of this game.

Also; The price of 1 liter (1/4 gallon) of gas in San Juan is $0.78

edgar mejias

Aug 9, 2017

To start, I want to apologize that it has taken so long for me to post this. The power grid around my area is as bad as it can be. In a good week the power goes out around 4 times, in a bad week I have no power at all. The power goes out if it rains or even if there is a soft breeze. There are times when it goes out for no reason at all. It has gotten so bad that I even considered taking out a loan just to put a solar system that could run my house, only to find out that you can only buy systems that don’t work if the grid goes down. Even if you have enough batteries and they have charge.
What this means is that I don’t know when I’ll be able to use my computer to make the pictures for the game. I have lost more than five hundred pictures that were in the process of rendering when the power went out, which is why this update is only about 400 pictures or so. Still, I am sorry that this update is not as big as it should be after this long absence, and I am also sorry that the pictures I managed to make aren’t as sharp as they should be. I actually lowered the rendering times for each pictures in the hopes that I could finish more of them as fast as possible. I can only hope this doesn’t stop you from enjoying my game.
I also want to explain the reasons for my sudden absence after my last update. The constant power outages have destroyed almost every appliance we had. Thankfully we have managed to replace or repair most of it by now, but one of the things I haven’t replaced is my tablet. As you can imagine a tablet is pretty low on the priority list, but I hope I can get a replacement soon.
What this means though, is that I can’t read or respond to any of your messages for now. My partner is actually doing me the llyfavor of uploading this from her work, which is a little scary for both of us, but I really wanted to publish this for the holidays. This is the reason why I converted the pictures to webp format. I wanted it to upload faster. If everything works as it should, this update should get published on Christmas day, so merry Christmas, or happy whatever you celebrate. If for some reason this fails and doesn’t post on Christmas day, then I am sorry. I really wanted it to be a Christmas gift.
I really don’t have anything else to say. I don’t want to make a long post complaining about things on this season, so all I really wanted to do was explain and apologize for everything that has happened. However, I remember some of you don’t really like that either, so let me finish by saying this: I honestly don’t know if there are people still interested in my game, and I don’t know if anyone will even notice this post, but as long as there is even the smallest chance of someone wanting to play my game I will keep working on it. Having you all play my games is the best Christmas present that I could ever ask for. Thank you.
I'm glad you are back bro, but really I don't understand why so much problems with the energy and the internet, I live in Arecibo and for my understanding most of them are back to normal in the whole island. Anyway I knew you will be back I love you'r game

Arbe

Nov 23, 2017
Well, I've never played this game but all those comments are getting me pretty pumped up about it! :D

3.40 star(s) 17 Votes