3.40 star(s) 17 Votes

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
What to do next...
The game wasn't finished, read back through the thread to see why. There is a walkthrough linked in the opening post or , but it sounds like you've got the end. Val's glitchy handjob was the last thing I remember happening.

If you see the abandoned prefix in the games thread title expect a unfinished game.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
can 't really blame the dev as far I can tell the situation in Puerto Rico is still in shambles.
Yup... I've mentioned before that I'm convinced that when the dev's life finally recovers, he will come back - he'd mentioned on multiple occasions how much he enjoyed working on the game.

Unfortunately at the rate PR is recovering that's likely to be somewhere between "probably a while" and "who the fuck knows"

electrosid

Sep 24, 2019
I m playing this on Android phone,but in starting only while entering name in "who am I" it's not going on next page

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
Porto Rico keeps getting hit with hurricanes and power outages making game design pretty much impossible

edgar mejias

Aug 9, 2017
Hmmm, just did some research, and all indications leads to several areas are still struggling with getting back on track.
Bro I live in Puerto Rico and maybe you mean to very remote areas and I mean very remote because all the cities and metropolitan areas are fully recovered and all communication working

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Bro I live in Puerto Rico and maybe you mean to very remote areas and I mean very remote because all the cities and metropolitan areas are fully recovered and all communication working
What he said was that he lived in a small village, so it could be.

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Later I will see if. I can copy his last post on his patreon and show it to you. Then you can make a decision on the truth of what he says.

edgar mejias

Aug 9, 2017
The dev isn't the issue, his country is.

It's a mess in PR.
Sorry Brother, but I live in PR and it was a mess no doubt about it, but after 2 years 95% of the island is recovered, communications (100%), the infrastructure well we are working with it to make it "hurricane proof"and if the dev problem is the internet provider (I doubt it)there are about 5 or 6 more he can use

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
his patroen page is still up that is sitting idle since his last post was last year

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Sorry Brother, but I live in PR and it was a mess no doubt about it, but after 2 years 95% of the island is recovered, communications (100%), the infrastructure well we are working with it to make it "hurricane proof"and if the dev problem is the internet provider (I doubt it)there are about 5 or 6 more he can use

I'm currently finishing uploading the version 0.23 of the game as I write this. It's almost finished so it should be posted in a few minutes. I just wanted to post this first, so that the update is on top. This is just to tell you about what has been happening with my life and why I haven't been able to answer you all for the past few months.
Long story short. I will never have internet again... probably. Liberty won't be fixing the area. The main competitor, Claro, services the area, but the boxes from which they connect the cables to connect the modem are damaged in my street. They promised they would would work on it, at some point.

Long story long. I noticed as I started uploading that I had an email from liberty. I attached a screenshot of the email, but what is says in a few words is: "Your area got destroyed, it would cost too much to fix it, so go to hell." This is further emphasized by the fact that they send an email, as in you need internet to open it, to tell me that they wouldn't be fixing my internet. Oh, and they will be keeping my information to sell it to ad companies. But hey, at least they fixed their service for 95% of their clients...
By the way, the check they promised, hasn't arrived yet. Maybe they wanted to make it a Christmas bonus.

Part of me wanted to believe it was a joke, or a fake email, so I logged in to the account from their page. It shows as disconnected, so I called, and they confirmed it. They will look into the missing check because it "totally should've arrived by now".
Anyway, I had called Claro on November, the only other company that offers service in my area, because I was tired of Liberty not doing anything anyway. I was happy to discover that they did offer internet for my area and that it was working. I have heard that it had problems of connectivity and such, but a bad internet is better than no internet. Anyway, the technician came, tested the small boxes in the cables from which they make the connection to the residences, only to discover that they were broken, somehow. (He explained, I just couldn't care enough to listen beyond the "You won't be getting internet today.") He left, promising he would pass the notice to the company so that they fix it. Anyway, later that day they called me to tell me that they would be putting my order on stand by while they replaced the boxes. It's been about three weeks since then. No calls to give updates and no technicians have showed up. I'm going to say that the cake is a lie.
At this point it's obvious that all the gods had a reunion and unanimously decided that I wouldn't be getting internet. So I'm going to accept it. If by some miracle they decided to fix that at some point I will make an update celebrating the fact that things returned to normal. I will simply get used to have to move around to upload in the future, because expecting things to get fixed will only lead to disappointment. Anyway, I would be better just working on the game instead of following loose ends all over the place, so I'm going to do just that.

Anyway, not everything is negative. I actually started to upload this past Wednesday, but the internet was so bad that I had trouble even starting (It kept failing and retrying without ever uploading). But, as I was cursing under my breath, an angel (A guy actually, but he saved my ass so he's an angel in my eyes.) told me that Walmart actually had better internet than Burger king. It's about half an hour farther from my house, but I'm happy to report that it's far more stable and faster than the one in BK. It actually took only 9 hours per file, and it didn't fail even once in the process. Since each file is now bigger than the last version (1.68gb now) yet it took more time to finish that upload (which was 1gb), I'm going to say the extra half hour of travel is worth it.
Anyway, this was mostly me complaining to wait until the android upload was finished. So I'm going to go ahead and start making the post now. Thanks for reading this far, and sorry about the whole situation.
Here is the letter from the ISP:
1574877662961.png
This is all we know, can you shed light on it?

edgar mejias

Aug 9, 2017

I'm currently finishing uploading the version 0.23 of the game as I write this. It's almost finished so it should be posted in a few minutes. I just wanted to post this first, so that the update is on top. This is just to tell you about what has been happening with my life and why I haven't been able to answer you all for the past few months.
Long story short. I will never have internet again... probably. Liberty won't be fixing the area. The main competitor, Claro, services the area, but the boxes from which they connect the cables to connect the modem are damaged in my street. They promised they would would work on it, at some point.

Long story long. I noticed as I started uploading that I had an email from liberty. I attached a screenshot of the email, but what is says in a few words is: "Your area got destroyed, it would cost too much to fix it, so go to hell." This is further emphasized by the fact that they send an email, as in you need internet to open it, to tell me that they wouldn't be fixing my internet. Oh, and they will be keeping my information to sell it to ad companies. But hey, at least they fixed their service for 95% of their clients...
By the way, the check they promised, hasn't arrived yet. Maybe they wanted to make it a Christmas bonus.

Part of me wanted to believe it was a joke, or a fake email, so I logged in to the account from their page. It shows as disconnected, so I called, and they confirmed it. They will look into the missing check because it "totally should've arrived by now".
Anyway, I had called Claro on November, the only other company that offers service in my area, because I was tired of Liberty not doing anything anyway. I was happy to discover that they did offer internet for my area and that it was working. I have heard that it had problems of connectivity and such, but a bad internet is better than no internet. Anyway, the technician came, tested the small boxes in the cables from which they make the connection to the residences, only to discover that they were broken, somehow. (He explained, I just couldn't care enough to listen beyond the "You won't be getting internet today.") He left, promising he would pass the notice to the company so that they fix it. Anyway, later that day they called me to tell me that they would be putting my order on stand by while they replaced the boxes. It's been about three weeks since then. No calls to give updates and no technicians have showed up. I'm going to say that the cake is a lie.
At this point it's obvious that all the gods had a reunion and unanimously decided that I wouldn't be getting internet. So I'm going to accept it. If by some miracle they decided to fix that at some point I will make an update celebrating the fact that things returned to normal. I will simply get used to have to move around to upload in the future, because expecting things to get fixed will only lead to disappointment. Anyway, I would be better just working on the game instead of following loose ends all over the place, so I'm going to do just that.

Anyway, not everything is negative. I actually started to upload this past Wednesday, but the internet was so bad that I had trouble even starting (It kept failing and retrying without ever uploading). But, as I was cursing under my breath, an angel (A guy actually, but he saved my ass so he's an angel in my eyes.) told me that Walmart actually had better internet than Burger king. It's about half an hour farther from my house, but I'm happy to report that it's far more stable and faster than the one in BK. It actually took only 9 hours per file, and it didn't fail even once in the process. Since each file is now bigger than the last version (1.68gb now) yet it took more time to finish that upload (which was 1gb), I'm going to say the extra half hour of travel is worth it.
Anyway, this was mostly me complaining to wait until the android upload was finished. So I'm going to go ahead and start making the post now. Thanks for reading this far, and sorry about the whole situation.
Here is the letter from the ISP:
View attachment 472102
This is all we know, can you shed light on it?
Well that letter is from 2018 at the present all internet providers including Liberty are working perfectly He should have service at the moment is all I can say, I can't see any reason to abandoned the game

3.40 star(s) 17 Votes