Raksha17

Jan 23, 2018
Obviously you guys have given a lot of great feedback, and I'm not going to start ignoring you once I start making those big fat AVN dev bucks, but it just makes a lot more sense to let people who are financially supporting the game have a larger say. They're kind enough to kick me some cash and deserve a reward but it also filters out some of the stuff from people who want the game to be something it is/will not be.
I'm still working it out on my end and my SubStar supporters* will get a pretty big say in how it ends up.

*Fair warning, I don't have many and the few I have seem to be leaning toward a more extreme change
DigiDec Just be aware of the echo-chamber/feedback-loop you are creating. Especially early on some criticism might be disregarded by early supporters because they like the game enough to support financially but it might still be valid criticism.
Value support but also try to find what's healthy for the game in the long run.

And the second statement could be (mis-)interpreted as: "You want X? Sure just throw me some money and you get to steer that way!"
Even within Supporters there might be difference in opinion and giving them to much perceived power over the direction could make some unhappy if their direction gets not selected. (Via poll or whatever means of deciding)

Reactions: Issikka and DigiDec

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
DigiDec Just be aware of the echo-chamber/feedback-loop you are creating. Especially early on some criticism might be disregarded by early supporters because they like the game enough to support financially but it might still be valid criticism.
Value support but also try to find what's healthy for the game in the long run.

And the second statement could be (mis-)interpreted as: "You want X? Sure just throw me some money and you get to steer that way!"
Even within Supporters there might be difference in opinion and giving them to much perceived power over the direction could make some unhappy if their direction gets not selected. (Via poll or whatever means of deciding)
Very valuable advice. I've mentioned it a few times but it's worth restating that there are limits to changes/additions I'm willing to make. I have a pretty clear picture of the type of game I want to make and I will be keeping everything within the bounds of that.

I've made a few comments before about the type of femdom content to expect in this game. If I got a bunch of femdom fan supporters who all wanted to see the MC get brutally dominated by the ladies I'd try to work in a scene or two for them but ultimately I'm not really equipped to make that type of content.

Even something like Mol's final appearance will have limits. Once I get a pretty good example of what I'm trying to achieve with her I'll do a few variations and hopefully I'll have enough supporters at that point that I feel comfortable putting it up to a vote. Like you said, I need to avoid the echo-chamber but at a certain point I need to filter out some of the requests/criticisms from people who aren't really my audience versus the people who are.

And even beyond letting my supporters steer the direction of the game somewhat, I kind of need a second set of eyes most of the time. I think I used this analogy before, but it can be a little bit like trimming my beard. I take off a little bit here and there at a time but sometimes when I take a step back I realize I've practically shaved the whole thing off. Fiddling with the character models means I'm looking at everything under a microscope and sort of like those people who keep getting plastic surgery and end up with no nose it can be easy to lose perspective. Getting some outside input can keep me from getting lost in the weeds.

So the more people who support me the better! And not just because I'm a greedy bastard! They'll have a voice in what gets into the game. But my voice will still be louder.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
So, DigiDec, I was taking a closer look at the new tanline renders and noticed the edges look pretty sharp. I may have left out one step on the instructions. Before you use blur inside/outside you (if I'm remembering correctly) need to do a "select all" on the tanline layer. The blur function uses the selection lines as a baseline. If you don't use select all first it doesn't really do much or maybe anything at all. Anyway, the inside/outside blur should make the tanline look more natural. If you want it more defined like it is now that's fine too.

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
So, DigiDec, I was taking a closer look at the new tanline renders and noticed the edges look pretty sharp. I may have left out one step on the instructions. Before you use blur inside/outside you (if I'm remembering correctly) need to do a "select all" on the tanline layer. The blur function uses the selection lines as a baseline. If you don't use select all first it doesn't really do much or maybe anything at all. Anyway, the inside/outside blur should make the tanline look more natural. If you want it more defined like it is now that's fine too.
That's some of the fine-tuning I need to do. I was playing with the blur and some very soft eraser brushes around the edges to make it blend better but I started getting a little too into it and I still have a bunch of renders to do for 0.3*. :LOL:

I also want to get a more final idea for the size/shape/strength I want before going too far. I kind of like the general outline of what I shared but I'm thinking of maybe bringing the lines up a bit on the back and putting a small triangle around the tailbone. If anyone has a secret stash of sexy tan line images feel free to dump them on my discord to give me some inspiration.

*I swear I've already got a lot of them done!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
Still playing with Mol's skin. I darkened the skin a little, tried to soften the tan line, adjusted the shape a bit, and just to test an idea stuck some tattoos on her. These aren't final by any means, but I'm going to move on to other things and come back later since I have plenty of time before I need to get her look settled.

I'm including some of the renders from last round to give you a side by side.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Still playing with Mol's skin. I darkened the skin a little, tried to soften the tan line, adjusted the shape a bit, and just to test an idea stuck some tattoos on her. These aren't final by any means, but I'm going to move on to other things and come back later since I have plenty of time before I need to get her look settled.

I'm including some of the renders from last round to give you a side by side.
My 2 cents... Something in between the two on width, a tiny bit less decrease in saturation. Great job on the blur! There's still plenty detail showing through the tan layer and the soft edges look very natural.

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
Out of curiosity, is there anyone who was interested in/attempted to support me but unable to due to issues with SubStar? Someone else had an issue and while Patreon is not an option I'm looking into alternatives.

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
Moar male on futa scenes :love:
You know, other than people wanting the MC to start the game in an open relationship* with Nat, this might be the most common request I've been getting. I either underestimated the popularity of trans/futa girls or there's like 1 dude with a whole bunch of alt accounts who's really putting in the effort. :LOL:

Any futa on male planned?:love::love::love:
Short answer - a tiny bit.

Long answer - this is one of those things that's sort of in the same category as female-on-male femdom. I have no objections to the content but I am not confident in my ability to write it. Since it's not something I'm personally into it's harder for me to figure out the details. Honestly, if someone could recommend a game or two that does it well I'll try checking those out to see if it helps inspire something.

I'm figuring out the order of some scenes right now, there are a bunch of scenes coming up that I have a good deal of flexibility with this, and I'll see about frontloading some of this stuff. It'll be good to see how easy/hard it is for me to make the scene and get some feedback as early as possible.

There's always the possibility of me outsourcing some scenes to another writer. I joked before about being so far in the hole over time/money spent on building the game far that I'm not worried about a few more bucks, but I'm not in a rush to dig the hole much deeper.

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
I either underestimated the popularity of trans/futa girls or there's like 1 dude with a whole bunch of alt accounts who's really putting in the effort. :LOL:

Honestly, if someone could recommend a game or two that does it well I'll try checking those out to see if it helps inspire something.
You might be surprised how popular both futa and trans content is.

As for examples with futa/trans-on-male, the first couple that come to mind are Tales from the Unending Void and Endara Chronicles: The Apothecary.
Each have futa and trans characters as love interests for the MC, and with both you are given the option to "return the favor" after getting handjobs and blowjobs. With the first you can eventually choose to be on the receiving end for sex, and with the second you can choose frottage with one character as well.

In nearly all cases that I've seen on-male content, where it is not the main focus of the game, it comes as a result of reciprocation to someone to which the MC has deep or strong feelings. Interestingly enough, in neither of those games does the question of the MC's sexuality or sexual orientation come up; at least not directly. There's commonly the "are you sure" question, followed by the reassurance of "I want to make you feel good too", or something similar. In case you were wondering how scenes like that were often written. ;)

Hope that helps.

Reactions: DigiDec

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
You might be surprised how popular both futa and trans content is.

As for examples with futa/trans-on-male, the first couple that come to mind are Tales from the Unending Void and Endara Chronicles: The Apothecary.
Each have futa and trans characters as love interests for the MC, and with both you are given the option to "return the favor" after getting handjobs and blowjobs. With the first you can eventually choose to be on the receiving end for sex, and with the second you can choose frottage with one character as well.

In nearly all cases that I've seen on-male content, where it is not the main focus of the game, it comes as a result of reciprocation to someone to which the MC has deep or strong feelings. Interestingly enough, in neither of those games does the question of the MC's sexuality or sexual orientation come up; at least not directly. There's commonly the "are you sure" question, followed by the reassurance of "I want to make you feel good too", or something similar. In case you were wondering how scenes like that were often written. ;)

Hope that helps.
It helps a lot, thank you! I'll check both of those out but if anyone else has any other suggestions, let's hear them.

I don't have any plans on questioning the MC's sexuality regardless of the content that makes it into the game. Trans women are women regardless of what they do with their penises.

If anyone wants to see more femdom-type (futa/trans or cis) content I could use some references for that too.*

No promises about what I'll be able to make, but there are some places where I could fit this stuff in as an optional or alternate scene. If it works, is received well enough, and I feel confident doing more going forward I don't think it would be an issue to feature it more prominently.

*(This whole game was actually just a honeypot trap to get you guys to recommend other games to me)

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
It helps a lot, thank you! I'll check both of those out but if anyone else has any other suggestions, let's hear them.

I don't have any plans on questioning the MC's sexuality regardless of the content that makes it into the game. Trans women are women regardless of what they do with their penises.

If anyone wants to see more femdom-type (futa/trans or cis) content I could use some references for that too.*

No promises about what I'll be able to make, but there are some places where I could fit this stuff in as an optional or alternate scene. If it works, is received well enough, and I feel confident doing more going forward I don't think it would be an issue to feature it more prominently.

*(This whole game was actually just a honeypot trap to get you guys to recommend other games to me)
Fem-dom is a bit out of my purview, but I believe a gold standard game for that is Karlsson's Gambit. It's an excellent game, I just prefer the male-dom route.

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
Thank you for that. That's more or less what I was trying to point out by saying what I did. Just tried to find a way to explain it that might clear up any confusion or question about scenes with that kind of content.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023

Futa games, I think the best ones don't have men, so that's a bit tricky. But Eruption Imminent, Futagenesis Unveiled, Having a Hard Time, Inner Growth, Instinct Unleashed, and Tower of Dreams would all get my recommendation. Unveiling the Unknown is good too, but seems like a different genre in a way.

For Futa on male, the one I can think of that is good is Luna's Chosen. But I've got a bit of a block with some of that content. It's all good, except for when the guy goes down on the futa, for some reason that doesn't work for me.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes