qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
"
Players struggling with the new system can find spoilers and tips at the following locations:

"
In release notes. It's now that I feel sad that hongfire is dead.
I've never used hongfire, but now I need it more than ever :(
Anyone made a save of those advices/guides on the hongfire?
Lots of remaining tips are in this post: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...mmunity-developpment.390/page-93#post-2599194

Soon, I'll add some other guides to the wiki (guide to complete the Felicity quest for exemple).

Is it possible to show directly in the game, like a pop-up or a notification in a log somewhere of the effect an action has on the slave. Like if you're punishing her with death threat, have a pop-up tell you the stats of the slave that have been changed due to the action.
Could be available only on easy mode (with first character) to not change the difficulty of the game. But it's really needed to not break your head on experimenting with every game mechanic and writing it down for future use, since if you don't play for 2 weeks, you'll forget everything (yeah bad memory, I play a lot of games)
Good idea. For a good implementation, the popup should be relatively "transparent" (metaphorically, as in: it doesn't ruin the display. And as in: you certainly don't have to click on it to make it disappear).

It could be available in the tutorial. In the story in easy mode. And in the sandbox mode in any difficulty if activating the option in the cheat menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nyanto

Nyanto

Mar 12, 2019
Good idea. For a good implementation, the popup should be relatively "transparent" (metaphorically, as in: it doesn't ruin the display. And as in: you certainly don't have to click on it to make it disappear).

It could be available in the tutorial. In the story in easy mode. And in the sandbox mode in any difficulty if activating the option in the cheat menu.
Also it could help figure out the slave's traits (since new players don't even know there are hidden traits they must discover) by getting hints on which punishment/reward works better on a slave.

Those 4 txts files should be added to the main page or be directly added to the game directory, as they are essential for new player's survival (I mean sanity).

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
qwertyu12359 'neg_blazing' is just what the variable is called. It's displayed as just a red blazing, like we discussed. I'm not a fan of calling it ablaze, I rather just make it only red, because that's how most negative stats work. (They don't get different name, just red color).

I'll change the description to: "Why did I have to play chaste and ignore my sexual desires? Now it hurts like hell, I need to be relieved or it'll drive me insane!". I don't want to mention three days, because no other moodlet description is that specific, and if we ever change how many days before this shows up, the message would probably be forgotten.

As for making it go to Ardent with 1 ejaculation, there's no easy way of doing this. I'm not rewriting the entire excitement system just for this, it would make a mess of the code. It's already really easy to go to ardent by just having sex one time with a good slave, or once or twice with a mediocre slave. I have added a save to test the system with, if you skip 3 days, you will see a red blazing. If you then have sex twice with this mediocre slave, you will see yourself go to Ardent, and negative moodlet will disappear.

If you want to test it, you can go to my development builds thread. It's pretty easy to install the latest build, which is this blazing system. Steps(pretty much copy-paste of steps in that thread) you take to install latest build:

1) Download and unpack
2) Download and unpack into game/content
3) Open Qgen/qgen.exe, load the jack.qsp file. Go to Import>Text, select jack.txt, for converter select Qgen/txt2gam.exe, and you're done.

Now you have the latest version of the game installed. For new updates, that don't change images, you can skip step 2.

There's no easy way to do this, it would require editing the code in so many places. I'm not willing to do it, if someone else is I can give one example on how to do it, but it's a giant pain, believe me. This is what 'auspex' is for, to see immediate changes to your slave, and later on raven crown, for the debug view. There's also no way that I know of to make a 'msg' popup that does not require you to click it away.

Also it could help figure out the slave's traits (since new players don't even know there are hidden traits they must discover) by getting hints on which punishment/reward works better on a slave.

Those 4 txts files should be added to the main page or be directly added to the game directory, as they are essential for new player's survival (I mean sanity).
If you ask a slave about her fears and dreams, you will get hints towards her traits. This system is not that hidden. You also discover traits by just interacting with your slave, for example a claustrophobic slave, if you torture with bondage, it will be revealed and give a message. I'm not interesting in reworking that part of the game because it already works, and the way you're proposing would require editing every single interaction in the game with something that cannot be copy pasted.

EDIT: But, the trait system is limited. I am more than willing to work with you to add extra, dialogue flavor traits, that's a very good addition. But I don't want to have it influence the gameplay, because that is already in place, and having to rewrite it all would be a real pain. The two systems can totally be separate, don't worry!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: qwertyu12359

Zurrlock

May 13, 2018
That's intended in the code yes, it was changed because it was too strong I believe. EDIT: As for making Lethe useless, no, not really. You can easily get a slave obedient in 1-2 days, but no way you get her to devotion level 1 in that time. The Lethe is very useful.
You totally can make her Devotion 1 in the first day, at least if you are an archmage. Buy the girl, get her to elven salon for massage (and the rest like examination for disease and a fiend tattoo). Take her home and do the explain/threaten/encourage thing to get the initial, cast the fear spell during it, cast Domini Dictum which will force her to do first thing, do something like a kiss, quick to train, she'll be willing to do a kiss almost regardless, with Sentenia Veritas active she now has +5 points for reward, give her Golden Cage if she's got 2 left, or give her a gift if not, at this point she's probably well obedient with no domini dictum needed, now start training something (sport is good, especially with the clothes bonus), just keep going at it until she passes out, letting her wash every time, she'll go along with it, and she'll learn to obey, asking her to perform oral sex also works if that first part got her to the point she won't disobey.

Once she's in a coma take her to hospital and get woken up (50 sparks), she wakes up without the exhaustion, now you can actually keep knocking her out and taking her back to get woken up but that gets progressively more expensive and will increase her despair, instead cast Adverto Servili, presuming that magical explosion thing happens (which is annoying as hell to the point I have stopped using it on Virgins, wish there was a way to disable that since it happens so goddamn often, almost every time I cast AS) she'll be happy from the sex with ranks in several sex skills, her stamina will be back (more if no accident happens), and most likely her endurance will be upped a couple of notches in the process (I have gotten girls from "so weak she almost faints" when I buy her to S+ Endurance first day), if the accident doesn't happen she'll instead have 5 arousal, do something else she's probably going to be okay doing like cleaning, now cast Delikacia, end preferably without her fatigued so she'll rest fully, she'll most likely be devoted already, if she's not then she'll have so much obedience it's fine letting her sleep in the boudoir, she'll have a point of devotion and full stamina day 2 of ownership for sure. She's more likely to end up devoted first day if the accident doesn't happen, but if it does she seems to have a bigger chance to get more endurance out of the deal, and basic sex skills.

Note that this process gets way easier with Raven Crown (to see their actual numbers), Bull Ring (think that's the one with infinite stamina) and the other artifacts, you can skip the mail as it's not strictly needed for most of the game, but all the other special items should be prioritized at the start.

Last edited:

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
For sex_ability of relaxed sex I have now:

Oral: sex_ability = (3 + (assistant["roleplay"]/3) + (assistant["sub_seduce"]/2) + assistant["oral"] + (assistant["sub_bj"]/2))/2

Vaginal: sex_ability = (3 + (assistant["roleplay"]/3) + (assistant["sub_seduce"]/2) + (assistant["oral"]/3) + (assistant["penetration"]/2) + assistant["sub_vaginal"])/2

Anal: sex_ability = (3 + (assistant["roleplay"]/3) + (assistant["sub_seduce"]/2) + (assistant["oral"]/3) + (assistant["penetration"]/2) + assistant["sub_anal"])/2

Does that look good to you? Old one was: sex_ability = (2 + slave["roleplay"] + slave["oral"] + slave["penetration"])/3 for everything. I've made it a little easier to get to 5, because it was a little bit too hard to get rid of the negative moodlet 'boner' when blazing.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
For sex_ability of relaxed sex I have now:

Oral: sex_ability = (3 + (assistant["roleplay"]/3) + (assistant["sub_seduce"]/2) + assistant["oral"] + (assistant["sub_bj"]/2))/2

Vaginal: sex_ability = (3 + (assistant["roleplay"]/3) + (assistant["sub_seduce"]/2) + (assistant["oral"]/3) + (assistant["penetration"]/2) + assistant["sub_vaginal"])/2

Anal: sex_ability = (3 + (assistant["roleplay"]/3) + (assistant["sub_seduce"]/2) + (assistant["oral"]/3) + (assistant["penetration"]/2) + assistant["sub_anal"])/2

Does that look good to you? Old one was: sex_ability = (2 + slave["roleplay"] + slave["oral"] + slave["penetration"])/3 for everything. I've made it a little easier to get to 5, because it was a little bit too hard to get rid of the negative moodlet 'boner' when blazing.
I really can't read code transparantly ^^ But why are these all tied to the assistant instead of the slave? Or should I not mind this?

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I really can't read code transparantly ^^ But why are these all tied to the assistant instead of the slave? Or should I not mind this?
It's the same for slave, just with assistant replaced by slave. What it does for example relaxed vaginal sex:
sex_ability = (3 + group roleplay/3 + seduction/2 + group oral/3 + group penetration/2 + vaginal)/2, group skills are the "Petting", "Oral", "Penetration"... etc, goes from 0 to 5(S+). The non-group ones are the specific subskills, also go from 0 to 5(S+)

A slave with perfect skills in those categories would get 8~ points, old system perfect sex slave would get around 5.3 points. This means you need a less skilled slave to satisfy you when you are blazing. And a large part of the score for specific type of relaxed sex is based on the skill in the type of sex you are having, not just skill of slave overall.

(If slave has Vaginal Penetration at S+, and some seduction, you would have enough to satisfy yourself at blazing. But anal sex would not satisfy you, since slave is not skilled in anal sex. Might have to tweak the numbers a bit, actually, since it's a bit too easy right now.)

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I feel like bukkake should improve oral (being able to swallow large quantity of cum instead of spitting on the slaver's thigh is an important skill after all). And we'd be good to go :)

Zurrlock

May 13, 2018
I feel like bukkake should improve oral (being able to swallow large quantity of cum instead of spitting on the slaver's thigh is an important skill after all). And we'd be good to go :)
More likely humiliation/exhibition. Bukkake rarely involves eating the cum, just being glazed.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
More likely humiliation/exhibition. Bukkake rarely involves eating the cum, just being glazed.
You're right. Then, i107760, I consider "- Make sex_quality correspond to the level of diligence and sex skill of the slave in the specific skill you're teaching." to be implemented. I updated the roadmap.

Reactions: Zurrlock

faurkhas

May 21, 2018
"
Players struggling with the new system can find spoilers and tips at the following locations:

"
In release notes. It's now that I feel sad that hongfire is dead.
I've never used hongfire, but now I need it more than ever :(
Anyone made a save of those advices/guides on the hongfire?
Links do not work. Getting redirected to some bullshit "Trending videos" page. Hongfire is down?

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Hongfire died yes sadly. qwertyu12359 it's not fully done yet, still need to do the sexual skill training part, working on that now. I'm also slightly adjusting the values I listed above, to make it a little harder to get to 5, right now it's too easy.

Last edited:

faurkhas

May 21, 2018
Maybe silly question, but i played so many versions of this game that i'm confused. But do "Story Mode" and "Custon Game" differ in anything other that player's character?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Maybe silly question, but i played so many versions of this game that i'm confused. But do "Story Mode" and "Custon Game" differ in anything other that player's character?
Nope, no difference, aside from player's character creation. (y)

Reactions: faurkhas

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Now that save problems have been fixed, we can probably start adding many more pictures for sex right qwertyu12359? It's not something I'm too interested in doing personally, since finding images/editing images is not something I'm good at, but if people want to contribute sex images, I think we should allow it now that adding them no longer is a problem save-time wise.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Now that save problems have been fixed, we can probably start adding many more pictures for sex right qwertyu12359? It's not something I'm too interested in doing personally, since finding images/editing images is not something I'm good at, but if people want to contribute sex images, I think we should allow it now that adding them no longer is a problem save-time wise.
Of course. In fact, it was never forbidden or anything ^^ Sex scenes are always welcome. I'd like to do some quality control though. To avoid censoring, weird ass body proportions, watermarks, pixelated pictures when there are better source for the same image, etc.

DO you guys take requests? Coz I'd love to see Isabela having some custom pictures.
It has been proposed. Here was the latest thing said about the topic: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...tsman-community-developpment.390/post-2832314

Zurrlock

May 13, 2018
The fog fights are really hard, even with full stats and all the items (including mail), they do give some really high quality slaves, but one issue with that is that getting such a hard-won slave of such value means you will almost certainly want to keep her. Especially as just putting her in cellar, branding her and then taking her to slave marked and sell yourself tends to get you more than just sending her directly to the auction via the menu does, and carving her up for sparks or similar seems especially silly. Perhaps make the fog fights easier, or with different stages of the fights (patrol the slums, patrol close to the town, range out far into the fog, etc) with different difficulty and different rewards for it? As it is there is very little incentive to early game try to go get a slave that way rather than buy her, and late game it seems like there's little reason to do anything but.

Also I at least twice ran into a virgin being raped, with virgin blood being described when I raped her post battle, who still somehow a virgin when I took her home, so there may be issues there.

Oh and some punishment if you end up turning in a girl other than the one you were supposed to train might be a good idea. Otherwise there's nothing stopping you from just killing the one you are given, grabbing one of your favorite slaves from the freezer and handing them in same day you got the contract for likely substantially more than you could get for just selling her (just tried it with a S- girl I had, could never get more than 3k for her, did that process with a A- contract and got 4500 for her instead) plus the guild rep.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
The fog fights are really hard, even with full stats and all the items (including mail), they do give some really high quality slaves, but one issue with that is that getting such a hard-won slave of such value means you will almost certainly want to keep her. Especially as just putting her in cellar, branding her and then taking her to slave marked and sell yourself tends to get you more than just sending her directly to the auction via the menu does, and carving her up for sparks or similar seems especially silly. Perhaps make the fog fights easier, or with different stages of the fights (patrol the slums, patrol close to the town, range out far into the fog, etc) with different difficulty and different rewards for it? As it is there is very little incentive to early game try to go get a slave that way rather than buy her, and late game it seems like there's little reason to do anything but.
I noticed you can't win a fight at the fog at the very beginning even with best stats and equipment (or at least I couldn't).
But in my playthrough, I'm 30 decades in, and I can win the hardest enemies with my eyes closed and almost full health left. Best key is to make sure you train in the Colloseum against the hardest enemies. Until you can win without a sweat. Of course, special moves are good to have too.

At that point there's no way to make it easier as it pose no threat at all. The combat system oscillates between two extremes and should be redone entirely. But that'll take skill and experience in coding, and time (there are so few h-games with good combat after all; even Four Elements Trainer with 20 000$ worth of Patreon every month, so let's manage our expectations).

Also I at least twice ran into a virgin being raped, with virgin blood being described when I raped her post battle, who still somehow a virgin when I took her home, so there may be issues there.
Sounds like an issue indeed!

Oh and some punishment if you end up turning in a girl other than the one you were supposed to train might be a good idea. Otherwise there's nothing stopping you from just killing the one you are given, grabbing one of your favorite slaves from the freezer and handing them in same day you got the contract for likely substantially more than you could get for just selling her (just tried it with a S- girl I had, could never get more than 3k for her, did that process with a A- contract and got 4500 for her instead) plus the guild rep.
No punishment, because it's a lore thing; it's a great piece of story telling on how the slave life is of so low value, that they are disposable/replaceable.
But yes, I agree with you, in fact it's in the roadmap already for 2.2: the prize for the contract bonus is too high. That's what could change.

Last edited:

tenstrike

Aug 24, 2018
I added another slave to the json list, but now my game crashes occasionally during the slave auction. I'm guessing it's trying to load my custom image but failing. I used another json file as a reference to enter in the filenames for my images, so i'm pretty sure there aren't any errors there. No file extensions, path directories are typed in just like the reference. The only difference is that my custom images have random names like 2182_sex rather than the format the other files use like water_general_milf etc. I've also matched the resolution and file format of the images I added to the others in the folders they're in. The only difference is that my images aren't transparent since I didn't bother cropping my character out of the background. I changed the slave index json to 2181 first and 2182 last to force my slave to load so I'm pretty sure there's something about my slave that's causing the crash.

Any ideas?

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes