Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
any chance of a better link upload heaven just throws up a tonne of warning messages about site being dangerous

Ethas

Jul 14, 2017
The song is cutting out?!

Even if you literally do nothing? Or is it before doing a certain act, like making food or going to bed? (that would be normal)

If it's not normal, can you tell me when this happen? For which music? In theory, I played quite a while and never did the music cut on its own (some few problems when cutting the sound in-game, then launching it back, but that's from the weak engine the game is built on, I guess.).
It might just be the the tutorial. the tutorial just seems a bit buggy at times, with going through the menus, while the options are the same, they aren't appearing the same. also whenever I chose an options such as going to talk to the slave or whatever, the music would just stop and play between going through the menus.

going to mess around in sandbox mode and see if it's still the case or if it's just with the tutorial.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
It might just be the the tutorial. the tutorial just seems a bit buggy at times, with going through the menus, while the options are the same, they aren't appearing the same. also whenever I chose an options such as going to talk to the slave or whatever, the music would just stop and play between going through the menus.

going to mess around in sandbox mode and see if it's still the case or if it's just with the tutorial.
Indeed! Thanks for the finding! Thing is I don't have a clue how to fix it ^^ The tutorial is such an old relic...

It is planned for a future version, to update the tutorial. I will however need some experienced coders to volunteer, let's hope this game will interest a large number of people now that it is updated. :)

any chance of a better link upload heaven just throws up a tonne of warning messages about site being dangerous
Today, it seems impossible for me to upload anything on Anonfile. Mega keeps banning me so I don't have an account and I'm out of email adresses...

I uploaded on uploadHaven because it's on the list of "safe uploaders" tested by the moderation team. I went on that site, no problem. If you have an adblocker such as ublock origin, you should have 0 problem downloading from this site. :)

Last edited:

Ethas

Jul 14, 2017
Indeed! Thanks for the finding! Thing is I don't have a clue how to fix it ^^ The tutorial is such an old relic...

It is planned for a future version, to update the tutorial. I will however need some experienced coders to volunteer, let's hope this game will interest a large number of people now that it is updated. :)
It definitely feels old and a bit out of place. some of the stuff it taught me didn't really teach me other things, like how to just talk to the slave, or how to clean and cook.

despite all of that, i'm somewhat hopeful and looking forward to seeing this game get improved upon. normally I'd avoid games like these because of all the pre-used assets, but I found this one to be enjoyable.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Given this is an international version, I encourage everyone to post the game on torrent sites everywhere (preferably with a link to this thread so people are aware of where to download the L.patch).

Especially if you come from non-english speaking countries; I discovered Jack-o-nine-tails 1.7.3 on a non-english torrent tracker. This will create keen interest. More contributors to the wiki, and to this thread. More guides, more download links, more potential developers, longer life-span... :)

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I can't get at the hongfire forum threads for advice about the new obedience system. My old advice files are wrong. The tutorial seems borked. Help me Obi-wan, you're my only hope !

drebin

May 1, 2017
Not a 100%, but I believe there were russian versions which were developed simultaniously with the english version after 1.7, the 1.7.3 you found is most likely one of those. I think they added some of their own modifications as well.

justacook

Jun 30, 2017
This game is actually shitting on me. I may be absolutely stupid, but I keep having slaves run away, and getting game overs, even tho my mood says I'm happy and everything. Even if the slave I have is content and doing everything I tell her to do, she ends up running away anyway. What am I doing wrong?
if ur struggling with runaway slaves get her a tattoo with ur crest and get her a collar. the guards will send her back to u if she tries to run away, BUT i may be wrong considering after many months not playing so i dont remember much.

dboy203

Dec 7, 2017
is this anything like pytfall? was really interested in that game before it was abandoned and this seems to have everything i'm looking for, just interested in dev notes, there are artifacts? any other bugs? or is this worth the download? regardless thanks for the work dev

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
is this anything like pytfall? was really interested in that game before it was abandoned and this seems to have everything i'm looking for, just interested in dev notes, there are artifacts? any other bugs? or is this worth the download? regardless thanks for the work dev
I'm only hearing about pytfall for the first time, that seems like something I'd like to play! :)

So definitely, it's in the same flavor of handling/managing. But Jack-o-nine-tails is really focused on having one individual slave and bettering yourself as a psychologist/trainer.

The bugs are really minor, they are all noted down in the Roadmap; this game is as stable as ever, as of 2.0.1. Definitely give it a try if you liked Slave Maker back when Adobe Flash Player was a thing. :lepew:

Reactions: dboy203

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
my pleasure
I just checked and its still there. hit the combat page and scroll to bottom. happy gaming :)

I have just seen the available links in OP. can someone let me know when mega link gets added please? thanks in advance
Would been nice. One of the hosts pushes a browser extension for chrome, and the other stop the file transfer quarter of the way in.

Reactions: consumptionist

xenos87

May 2, 2017
Any chance of this getting uploaded to a faster host? Uploadhaven is blocked by my network (this also blocks me from getting the loli patch :()

Reactions: consumptionist
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes