Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Its just more information to look at. Ive heard something about the save game slowing down as the game goes on. If I can look at it I can see what happens when I erase the build up. Take a look at how things are written in there in terms of slave stats, ect.
It's on Pararock 's github. Here:

Also, if you're having troubles with save times and you're not using the thing that makes saving and loading really short, give it a try. It's also good if you're modding cause it make reloading the qsp with F3 really fast as well

Reactions: Daba and Belcher

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Its just more information to look at. Ive heard something about the save game slowing down as the game goes on. If I can look at it I can see what happens when I erase the build up. Take a look at how things are written in there in terms of slave stats, ect.
This might prove useful to you: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...tsman-community-developpment.390/post-2813461 + https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...tsman-community-developpment.390/post-2813792 + https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...tsman-community-developpment.390/post-2814187

I think the saving time now is as instant as it gets. Even after 500 days, it's still instantaneous.

Reactions: Daba and Belcher

Belcher

Apr 4, 2020
I think the saving time now is as instant as it gets. Even after 500 days, it's still instantaneous.
So much faster. I was tabbing out each time I needed to save (every 5 days or so). It was taking 5 seconds at the start, up to 15ish by day 100, its instant now at day 40. I downloaded off the link for the wiki probably the issue. Says its the same edition though.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
So much faster. I was tabbing out each time I needed to save (every 5 days or so). It was taking 5 seconds at the start, up to 15ish by day 100, its instant now at day 40. I downloaded off the link for the wiki probably the issue. Says its the same edition though.
(screenshot):
Annotation 2020-04-19 110519.jpg

It was here in the first post all along, at the bottom. :lepew:

Sassadin

Apr 15, 2020
Anyone knows how to make the game prioritize specific picture? For example, if I have both black long hair sex pics and general sex pics, currently the game seem to treat them equally. This makes the general sex pics show up quite often even though better options exist. I would like the pics for that specific hair color and length show up more often when they match but don't know how to change the ratio, any suggestion? Thanks.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Anyone knows how to make the game prioritize specific picture? For example, if I have both black long hair sex pics and general sex pics, currently the game seem to treat them equally. This makes the general sex pics show up quite often even though better options exist. I would like the pics for that specific hair color and length show up more often when they match but don't know how to change the ratio, any suggestion? Thanks.
I have the same wish :) Look here for the most recent formulation: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...tsman-community-developpment.390/post-3277191

Lokplart promised to handle it, which is promising! :lepew:

Belcher

Apr 4, 2020
Is there a full lore place somewhere? Like hidden in conversation in game or something? Im assuming this is all happening due to major population surplus, where men are forced into the army if they want to eat, and pregnancy is outlawed because they already have too many people. There seem to be wars on the outside due to main character lore too so its like a giant hell on earth unless you can fight really well or have alot of money. Given how dangerous the fogs are Im guessing the female to male population is like 3:1 even after they get through eating half the females. Hell depending on how strict the draft is for males you could argue women have a better start even if theyre literally treated like cattle in some cases. Sure if you luck out and survive youre on cloud 9 as a male (even if there is no meat), but the death rate has to be something like 95% for things to be the way they are.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Is there a full lore place somewhere? Like hidden in conversation in game or something? Im assuming this is all happening due to major population surplus, where men are forced into the army if they want to eat, and pregnancy is outlawed because they already have too many people. There seem to be wars on the outside due to main character lore too so its like a giant hell on earth unless you can fight really well or have alot of money. Given how dangerous the fogs are Im guessing the female to male population is like 3:1 even after they get through eating half the females. Hell depending on how strict the draft is for males you could argue women have a better start even if theyre literally treated like cattle in some cases. Sure if you luck out and survive youre on cloud 9 as a male (even if there is no meat), but the death rate has to be something like 95% for things to be the way they are.
That kind of speculation is appealing for such a sparse lore, and that's totally part of the fun for a player. But if you intend be developing on JONT, the game would suffer from ad-hoc refinement if every piece of lore information is not sought and gathered beforehand.

Sadly, there's no centralized lore place that I know of. But the specific information you're asking about is definitely out there: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...tsman-community-developpment.390/post-2728087 -- indeed you were close with the overpopulation hypothesis, but the war draft+asymmetrically gender population hypothesis seem to miss the mark. And that totally eludes the fact that there's a systematic death birth. Which is to be expected, as again, speculation will necessarily be harmful if you use it for the development.

To be fair, I don't know where he got the information. I trust him to have been around at the time of the original development, or to directly seek lore information in the game .qsp :coffee:

Last edited:

Belcher

Apr 4, 2020
And that totally eludes the fact that there's a systematic death birth.
Why death-birth? Rebirth or reincarnation are better words unless theres proof that the memories they have are fake. Sounds like its more like the fetus is used as material for the rebirth of souls sucked into that world and death birth would involve something dying to give birth to them. Death birth just sounds so wrong. Im guessing those words because its seen as a negative thing there, but its like german words just smashed together to get an approximate meaning.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Why death-birth? Rebirth or reincarnation are better words unless theres proof that the memories they have are fake. Sounds like its more like the fetus is used as material for the rebirth of souls sucked into that world and death birth would involve something dying to give birth to them. Death birth just sounds so wrong. Im guessing those words because its seen as a negative thing there, but its like german words just smashed together to get an approximate meaning.
I think he meant "miscarriage". That or it gives a a weird half-demon nonviable fetus. Something like that:

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
  • Sad
Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Although according to that post about the lore there are ways to do it and even people outside of the church can pull it off, it would seem odd if the MC couldn't pull it off to considering how powerful you should be able to get with that said though I'm not read up on all of the lore so I may be grasping at straws also considering how morally questionable the universe is and the procedure is a matter of cash is there really no amount of money that can be paid to grease palms and turn cheeks haha :D if I can just say though I can see how passionate the community is with this game and it feels good, considering that a lot of projects don't receive as much care and attention as this project has, I've enjoyed this game quite a bit and it ticks a lot of boxes for what I consider a great game, I'm happy to see it's in good hands. :)

Last edited:

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
It's gonna take a bit more writing then initially anticipated but I think I have an idea??

New location in the Necropolis dedicated to giving birth, some apparently ordinary business run by a scientist who moved from the Serpentine that can just about kinda do this and only for members of the guild. He would be arrogant and with a few screws loose, behind the curtains he's bashing the Vatican for how good they think they are and telling you how better and also cheaper his method is.

He's not the Vatican though so the consequences on your slave's health and appearance would be severe (no stamina and a lots of scars) as well as a really long recovery time and big mood penalty.

It could require you to also have another slave, doesn't matter the rank or stats, in the prison to offer as a sacrifice. Using this to hint at sacrificial blood magic.

He would take your slave, and return her back after a few hours all fucked up and unconscious telling you can come back in some amount of time (Idk how long it should take). The baby would be put in some makeshift incubation tube. The slave that comes out would have sanity problems and moderate intelligence at most.

As a little thing, you could pay him extra to make sure the baby develops certain features like breast size or hair color.

Also a little thing I thought of as I was writing: He could serve as a way of creating monster girls when/should that feature ever be implemented in the game ^^

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
It's gonna take a bit more writing then initially anticipated but I think I have an idea??

New location in the Necropolis dedicated to giving birth, some apparently ordinary business run by a scientist who moved from the Serpentine that can just about kinda do this and only for members of the guild. He would be arrogant and with a few screws loose, behind the curtains he's bashing the Vatican for how good they think they are and telling you how better and also cheaper his method is.

He's not the Vatican though so the consequences on your slave's health and appearance would be severe (no stamina and a lots of scars) as well as a really long recovery time and big mood penalty.

It could require you to also have another slave, doesn't matter the rank or stats, in the prison to offer as a sacrifice. Using this to hint at sacrificial blood magic.

He would take your slave, and return her back after a few hours all fucked up and unconscious telling you can come back in some amount of time (Idk how long it should take). The baby would be put in some makeshift incubation tube. The slave that comes out would have sanity problems and moderate intelligence at most.

As a little thing, you could pay him extra to make sure the baby develops certain features like breast size or hair color.

Also a little thing I thought of as I was writing: He could serve as a way of creating monster girls when/should that feature ever be implemented in the game ^^
Do you write for any other projects? I'm impressed about how quickly you've come up with possible content solution to this issue, seems like you get quite invested in the work.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Do you write for any other projects? I'm impressed about how quickly you've come up with possible content solution to this issue, seems like you get quite invested in the work.
No, I cheated. Monster girls were something I wanted to add so I just changed the npc a bit to fit the new lore info I just read and I thought I'd add this in since it kinda lacked other features.

Also would like some opinions on that lore bit (like, does it fit?) cause I'm still kinda confused as to what type of magic exists in this world. Is it the limitless type where if your body can withstand it everything is possible? Is it dependent on the individual or the equipment? Can anyone use magic? The Vatican's method to giving safe birth would clearly be magic, otherwise it would have been possible in the Serpentine right?

Anyway, I kinda got my hands full at the moment so I'm not giving any ETA. I just wanted to get the idea out for the moment.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
No, I cheated. Monster girls were something I wanted to add so I just changed the npc a bit to fit the new lore info I just read and I thought I'd add this in since it kinda lacked other features.

Also would like some opinions on that lore bit (like, does it fit?) cause I'm still kinda confused as to what type of magic exists in this world. Is it the limitless type where if your body can withstand it everything is possible? Is it dependent on the individual or the equipment? Can anyone use magic? The Vatican's method to giving safe birth would clearly be magic, otherwise it would have been possible in the Serpentine right?

Anyway, I kinda got my hands full at the moment so I'm not giving any ETA. I just wanted to get the idea out for the moment.
To be honest I'm just happy I'm not talking to myself haha As I've mentioned previously I enjoy this game and character building games, rpg games things in that ball park, control is my whole raison d'être in games and one thing in these genre types that always lets me down is when your forced to lose out "just because" I'm not suggesting that is whats happening here I just prefer a reason especially when the core concept in these games is all about strength building and power housing. Regardless of the out come, I appreciate and I'm sympathetic to the situation. Thank you :D

Belcher

Apr 4, 2020
No, I cheated. Monster girls were something I wanted to add
That would go into the death birth thing. If the monsters are actually failed pregnancies of other countries/women from the fog who were born properly. All the people in outcasts are death born monsters who arent totally feral. In quite a few backstories people from the outside traveled to the city, some with magic some without, even one that says there is a main world attached to Eternal Rome. It seems like its a city where you can check in any time you like but you can never leave. Some people choose to come, others are lost and enter it, some are reborn from the mists and a fetus soul.

The world is why I play this game so Im not sure how Id feel if the lore was fleshed out. Speculation is half the fun.

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
That would go into the death birth thing. If the monsters are actually failed pregnancies of other countries/women from the fog who were born properly. All the people in outcasts are death born monsters who arent totally feral. In quite a few backstories people from the outside traveled to the city, some with magic some without, even one that says there is a main world attached to Eternal Rome. It seems like its a city where you can check in any time you like but you can never leave. Some people choose to come, others are lost and enter it, some are reborn from the mists and a fetus soul.

The world is why I play this game so Im not sure how Id feel if the lore was fleshed out. Speculation is half the fun.
Other then the fact that it is possible without the Vatican's method, I don't plan on explaining anything.

I was asking what the game already hints at so I don't break the lore. That is the reason the word "kinda" is in bold and also why I said we could hint at sacrificial blood magic.

Also, for monster girls I was thinking more like experiments and body modifications rather then giving birth to them. Tbh I don't really understand this death birth thing so I don't want to fuck with it much.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Serpis prince: "Did you know that these assholes from the Vatican take away all the pregnant girls for themselves? But I am not willing to let them keep doing this.
But all children somehow are born dead, no matter how hard I try. But I will not give up. What are our achievements, if you have no heir, right? And the process is enjoyable.
I experiment. I do not know what exactly is needed for a successful pregnancy."

Adding another NPC who has the same goal can possibly ruin what is supposed to make the prince unique. But I appreciate how quick witted you were about finding a balanced mechanic after the lore contradicted your plans.

The thing is, all previous changes about the game were "safe" (adding images, replacing musics, correcting bugs and spelling mistakes). But now, our stake for each new change will be quite a burden, since everything is going to possibly "betray the legacy". :illuminati:

Therefore, for safety's sake, we have too possibilities: - such modifications would be made as non-official mods, then wait for lots of feedback before adding it to the main game. And/Or,
- We plan to look at the game code extensively to gather all informations about the lore and make that a wiki page, then check carefully if any change contradicts the informations there before doing anything.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes