Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
I hate to bother people with this sort of stuff, I'm having problems with felicity.

I haven't failed, so I don't think I messed up any of the proper requirements for what she needs to wear and rules to follow.
She has full tattoos, everything is greyed out at bos. She has the traits of racing grand champion, nympho, exhibitionist, pervert, bisexual. S+ wit S+ sex ranking in everything, tattoo slave brand, famous, everything is greyed out at the rose, including scarring, max pony and pet, only ever ate fiend milk, no spoiling, max devotion with myriads, and I have her spruced up and ready to sell. She has the red box in her portrait saying she's probably preggers, and the doctor is offering an abortion but I refused.

The dude tells me I need to corrupt her more.
What does her auspex say? What piercings has she got.

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Is there any method at all in this game to make money other than selling slaves? I'm going broke trying to raise an arena champion but I'm already like 4 or 5 wins in so I don't really want to sell her and have to start all over again...

e: I'm asking since she has like unlimited free time since there are 9~ days between each fight and her martial arts and gladiatorx are both S+ already so she just has a bunch of energy I'm randomly putting into sex skills but it occured to me that there might be some way to turn slave energy into money? Or not?
This isn't an immediate solution to your problem but should help stunt the hemorrhaging, make sure you have an accountant. A good accountant can half your operating costs at the end of the decade. This wont really help you now but raising any sort of high grade slave takes a lot of time so it's better to wait until you are fully established and comfortable living before you do so (IMO) for extra cash though patrol the fogs. You can pick up free slaves out there and sell them to the slaver. If you can win (take them from who ever has them when you come across them) you can make on average about 200 sparks a day.

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
So how can slave under mind control spell refuse philtre anyway?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the bug findings! I noted it in the Roadmap.

About the slave refusing the love philtre, that was made (not by us) in order to keep the game balanced. I dislike the concept, but implementing it in a non-broken way would be a brain fuck. It was already in the roadmap before your message, as you see:
Annotation 2020-05-08 061538.png

Caligulas

Jan 1, 2020
She had full piercing with the heavy rings, except for nipples which had chains. Updated my game file, reloaded, had some bugs where if I took the quest it would freeze my game... He has re-appeared though at the central forum so I'll try again. Honestly I should have stopped playing this file awhile ago, but I sort of just... I don't know It's relaxing. I think it's the music, just a fun job simulator sort of game.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

sunkenfleet

Mar 21, 2019
This isn't an immediate solution to your problem but should help stunt the hemorrhaging, make sure you have an accountant. A good accountant can half your operating costs at the end of the decade. This wont really help you now but raising any sort of high grade slave takes a lot of time so it's better to wait until you are fully established and comfortable living before you do so (IMO) for extra cash though patrol the fogs. You can pick up free slaves out there and sell them to the slaver. If you can win (take them from who ever has them when you come across them) you can make on average about 200 sparks a day.
That was excellent advice thanks.

Another dumb question, how do I make my guy better at fighting? I'm pretty sure my strength and combat skills are maxed (with the clothes my fighting skills are S++ even) but in battle my 3 hearts are only 50/140/40 and I get bodied by most enemies in the fogs (I can only really beat the goblins, the single orc, or the evil medicine man - any other enemy is just death and reload...). I've looked at the wiki but I can't seem to find what stat corresponds to the number inside the 3 hearts (and if it's even possible to increase?).

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Missing line break
Ummm.. Can you give more specifications/instructions on how you encountered this?
What version are you on?
Did you mess with the files?
Are you using the loli patch?
Does it happen on a new game?

I can't reproduce this...
1588972767257.png

but implementing it in a non-broken way would be a brain fuck.
Just throwing an idea out there:

I would suggest making and presenting the potion as something that messes with the slave's mind, making her more susceptible to developing an attachment to you. The effect would be greatly increased devotion gains for a good period of time (like 30 days or something like that).

The potion is not mind control though, so treating her wrong (such as not rewarding adequately for a long period of time, unfair punishments, using her phobia against her, exhausting her or even excessive spoiling) can have the possibility of removing the effect.

The potion could be used twice per slave, the second usage having the effect halved and be easier to loose it. Maybe we can even add a penalty of loosing it the second time where the slave actually figures out you've used it on her, plummeting her mood and maybe even loosing devotion.

not to mention it alredy being nerfed so it isn't even good for that final devotion point
Pretty sure it's possible to get the last devotion point with the potion. There is just no way of knowing in game when the potion will have that effect. Using it on level 4 helps with the progress but it's not an instant level up if she has no progress in it. It gives about 30% progress towards level 5.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019

Another dumb question, how do I make my guy better at fighting? I'm pretty sure my strength and combat skills are maxed (with the clothes my fighting skills are S++ even) but in battle my 3 hearts are only 50/140/40 and I get bodied by most enemies in the fogs (I can only really beat the goblins, the single orc, or the evil medicine man - any other enemy is just death and reload...). I've looked at the wiki but I can't seem to find what stat corresponds to the number inside the 3 hearts (and if it's even possible to increase?).
The combat is fairly difficult, the only thing I have issues with is the pigging werewolf. The only advice that comes to mind is, make sure to match your attacks with their stance and to avoid being punked yourself with their attacks on your stance. Make sure to get the special training too from the lanista in the coliseum. I use a two handed weapon too, takes care of most problems, again until the werewolfs.

Linh Gremory

Dec 6, 2017

You need to use self buffs and debuffs on them

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I see in her jealous eyes that she is a thief
That is the line that plays when the slave doesn't meet the charm requirements. Try raising her charm
Things that increase charm:
  • Style (a whole lot)
  • Exoticism
  • Devotion
  • Your reputation
  • Her fame (a lot)
Things that decrease charm:
  • Fat (a lot)
    • Worst fat level to be on is "Obese", then "Underweight" or "Overweight" (equal) then "Healthy Weight"
    • Fat has no effect (good or bad) if her fat level is "Voluptuous"
    • Fat actually increases charm a bit if her fat level is "Model"
  • Spoiling
  • Despair
  • Scares
  • Bruises (a bit)
Try having these as close to perfect as possible before selling to more important npcs.

Also, I think that if the slave has been refused for this, the buyer will never accept her no matter what. So you're going to need to train another slave.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I hadn't realized that was a thing, yikes.
We've discussed this on the thread a lot. Basically, the reason is that the customers are basically pieces of shit; hyper picky, and they hate to lose time.

I think we can change that just a bit in a way that'll make sense from a gameplay perspective: a second chance. If you try to give a slave and she's refused once, the second time, the guy will say: "This slave again? I will take a second look and hope you improved her to my taste".

If she's refused again, the guy will say: "You made me lose my time, don't appear before me again". And it'll lower the reputation stat of the Master, as well as grey out the client forever.

What do you think Lokplart, do you like the idea? Do you think it's feasable, and if so, could I add it to your Roadmap?

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
What do you think @Lokplart, do you like the idea? Do you think it's feasable, and if so, could I add it to your Roadmap?
Yep. I got it.

How much impact should a second fail have on the reputation? Realistically, one mistake is more then enough to tarnish someone's reputation, but from a gameplay point of view, that could be too much..

So, keeping in mind these little bits from code that set the reputation level:

I think this formula could do the trick:
Code:
brand_rate -= (5 + (5 * (brand_rate > 3))) * (brand_reputation - (1 * (brand_reputation > 1))
The effect would basically be this:
  • rep 5 -> rep 4
  • rep 4 -> rep 2
  • rep 3 -> rep 2
  • rep 2 -> rep 1
  • rep 1 -> rep 0
This would be an universal effect for all clients. Is this ok? Do the drops in reputation look good for both normal customers and big houses?

I was thinking of maybe adding some sort of modifier to make it look like this:
  • if you fail twice on a normal resident, it would have a smaller effect compared to this.
  • if you fail twice on a shop owner/non big house NPCs, it would have this effect.
  • if you fail twice on a big house NPC, it would have a bigger effect compared to this.
But idk if it's really needed.. what do you think?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Yep. I got it.

How much impact should a second fail have on the reputation? Realistically, one mistake is more then enough to tarnish someone's reputation, but from a gameplay point of view, that could be too much..

So, keeping in mind these little bits from code that set the reputation level:

I think this formula could do the trick:
Code:
brand_rate -= (5 + (5 * (brand_rate > 3))) * (brand_reputation - (1 * (brand_reputation > 1))
The effect would basically be this:
  • rep 5 -> rep 4
  • rep 4 -> rep 2
  • rep 3 -> rep 2
  • rep 2 -> rep 1
  • rep 1 -> rep 0
This might be a bit too quick and "step-by-step-y". How much does the reputation increase with one successful sell? Maybe let's do something like "twice that".

Or, better, I think, something exponential. One slave refused twice = decrease, same rate as a successful sale. If that happens a second time with another client, the decrease is doubled. If that happens a third time, the decrease is doubled again. That'd reproduce a social downfall (Bethesda makes a buggy Skyrim? They dissapoint some buyers but they still maintain an incredible reputation. They make a buggy Fallout 4? That pisses off a lot of buyers, but lots of potential buyers haven't heard about the hate. Fallout 76? Ouch, everybody and their mom hates Bethesda now).

This would be an universal effect for all clients. Is this ok? Do the drops in reputation look good for both normal customers and big houses?

I was thinking of maybe adding some sort of modifier to make it look like this:
  • if you fail twice on a normal resident, it would have a smaller effect compared to this.
  • if you fail twice on a shop owner/non big house NPCs, it would have this effect.
  • if you fail twice on a big house NPC, it would have a bigger effect compared to this.
But idk if it's really needed.. what do you think?
Thing is, I always thought shop owners were less socially important than normal residents. I still believe they ought to be, but you made me doubt... I think let's put everyone at the same levels; small residents talk a lot so they have a lot of impact, big house presidents have a restrained friend circle of people so he won't tell the whole city with a megaphone, but everybody instantly believe his words. All-in-all, both have a seemingly similar result (and that'll be convenient to code, right?).

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
This might be a bit too quick and "step-by-step-y". How much does the reputation increase with one successful sell? Maybe let's do something like "twice that".

Or, better, I think, something exponential. One slave refused twice = decrease, same rate as a successful sale. If that happens a second time with another client, the decrease is doubled. If that happens a third time, the decrease is doubled again. That'd reproduce a social downfall (Bethesda makes a buggy Skyrim? They dissapoint some buyers but they still maintain an incredible reputation. They make a buggy Fallout 4? That pisses off a lot of buyers, but lots of potential buyers haven't heard about the hate. Fallout 76? Ouch, everybody and their mom hates Bethesda now).
Good analogy.

Right now, your reputation increases based on the buyer. Each buyer has a demand, which I'm guessing is meant to represent his/her difficulty, and your reputation exp ("brand_rate") is increased by the buyer's demand / 2

One thing though, this way of doing it kind of calls for another modifier to balance this one out. One that increases with each successful sale that would in turn boost your reputation gains if you keep having successful sales. The positive modifier would increase slower, since trust is harder to earn then it is to lose.

Thing is, I always thought shop owners were less socially important than normal residents. I still believe they ought to be, but you made me doubt... I think let's put everyone at the same levels; small residents talk a lot so they have a lot of impact, big house presidents have a restrained friend circle of people so he won't tell the whole city with a megaphone, but everybody instantly believe his words. All-in-all, both have a seemingly similar result
Hmm.. I guess yeah..
The way I thought of it was like a relational tree. The big house presidents may have a small circle of friends but all of them are more influential then the average Joe, so it's not really that they talk to more people, but they talk to the people that matter. If one of them were to go the guild and say "Jack did an awful job" it would mean a lot more then if one of the residents said it since they have more money. Also, it would be way easier for the information to go to something like a newspaper. It's all about connections.

Also, I don't really see a way for any resident to spread info, except talking, so shops would be like a focal point where every time a resident goes it's very likely that the shop keeper would bring this into discussion if it's hot news, or especially if it's something that's bothering him since people like to rant.

At some point, after enough people know about it, yeah, the residents are more likely to spread it but until then, I think connections have a greater role then the amount of people that one average Joe knows because, even if Joe tells all his friends that Jack fucked up, most of them either don't care, cause they can't buy, and the ones that care, can only spread it around so much until enough people don't care and then it gets lost.

and that'll be convenient to code, right?
I think it's 3 "if" statements since I'm pretty sure I can categorize them based on their demand difficulty, so idk if it would be a problem.

Last edited:

Linh Gremory

Dec 6, 2017
That is the line that plays when the slave doesn't meet the charm requirements. Try raising her charm
Things that increase charm:
  • Style (a whole lot)
  • Exoticism
  • Devotion
  • Your reputation
  • Her fame (a lot)
Things that decrease charm:
  • Fat (a lot)
    • Worst fat level to be on is "Obese", then "Underweight" or "Overweight" (equal) then "Healthy Weight"
    • Fat has no effect (good or bad) if her fat level is "Voluptuous"
    • Fat actually increases charm a bit if her fat level is "Model"
  • Spoiling
  • Despair
  • Scares
  • Bruises (a bit)
Try having these as close to perfect as possible before selling to more important npcs.

Also, I think that if the slave has been refused for this, the buyer will never accept her no matter what. So you're going to need to train another slave.
I actually always bring my slaves to the salon before going to the customer so they are always at least Elegant. But yeah I also think I fucked up somewhere. Now I'll have to make-do with her.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes