qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
There's not really a good solution, basically only one person is able to work on 1 file at a time. Now that we have split up all the locations into separate files, it's much easier to work on the project with multiple people, and coordination is only required when more than one person is working on the same location.

If someone else is interested in becoming a maintainer of the gitgud as well, to have access to push to master branch, that can be arranged. We start working with merge requests, would mean all contributors need to fork the project to their own branch, make changes, then request merges. Might be better if we have more contributors. (For example, take a look at Free Cities pregmod's gitgud, they have a pretty big team and run the project that way). Still, even then, there's always going to be one or two persons that make the final call on merging to master, and you still have to make sure only 1 person is working on 1 file at a time to prevent merge conflicts (or have contributors resolve merge conflicts later).
Do you wish to be the coordinator of this game and have the responsibility to be to present enough to merge every new work?

If so that's great. But as a backup plan (in case of illness or sudden disinterest, even if that wish that never happens to you) I'd like to be given the role of owner and have the possibility to do the final call. I don't wish on taking the coordinator role again unless necessary, and won't do anything except working on the game normally (correct typos, add or replace new images), but since I've been present here the most time, it seems to be a good solution in order not to be blocked in case we cannot reach you.

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
To be a maintainer you need to know the code AND be familiar with git, so it would be better if it was Slaver0 or someone else, it requires making sure all changes don't break anything, which requires reading through all lines of code that get changed. I have been available, I'm not sure where you got the impression that progress has been blocked by my being away. ('Away' meaning I check my PMs every 3 days, instead of constantly every day).

Even if I were here full-time, things other than moo mod would be put on the backburner since that touches on so many files, and would result in very ugly merge conflicts. I have been replying to PMs from Pianocat every few days ever since he started working on implementing his mod into 2.1 of the game. Capture.PNG

I don't know when you last spoke to him, but he has had difficulty using gitgud, so I'm doing that part for him. Once this is done, we can start merging other things. My availability would not impact the fact that we have to wait for moo mod to be working fully before we start merging other things. For example, Lokplart's picDisplay branch touches several files changed by moo mod, hence has to wait until moo mod is done.

Same for Slaver0's reverted cleanup branch changes, I will look at those after moo mod is merged due to the fact that when I merged them at first (before moo mod was being updated to 2.1), it resulted in the game not working. When moo mod is done, I'll see if Slaver0 is interested in updating/fixing the problems, if not, I'll try and look if I can find the problem and then merge it to master.

For the rest I have not seen any requests for access to the gitgud or new branches popping up that could be merged, unless it was strictly discussed on this thread and never communicated directly to me (be it by tagging me in the post, or PMing me, requesting access on gitgud or making a new branch).

Last edited:
Reactions: Pianocat

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
Yep, I can confirm i107 is a treasure of patience, this stuff was hard to implement, particularly knowing that I didn't even knew git before he tells me about it...

In fact the Git way to implement stuff could have work, but I underestimate the importance of the .qproj file, which seems capital when mounting a new .qsp with MakeQSP :censored: (it's necessary to update it to take into account the new locations !)

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
To be a maintainer you need to know the code, so it would be better if it was Slaver0 or someone else, it requires making sure all changes don't break anything, which requires reading through all lines of code that get changed. I have been available, I'm not sure where you got the impression that progress has been blocked by my being away. ('Away' meaning I check my PMs every 3 days, instead of constantly every day).

Even if I were here full-time, things other than moo mod would be put on the backburner since that touches on so many files, and would result in very ugly merge conflicts. I have been replying to PMs from Pianocat every few days ever since he started working on implementing his mod into 2.1 of the game. View attachment 660760

I don't know when you last spoke to him, but he has had difficulty using gitgud, so I'm doing that part for him. Once this is done, we can start merging other things. My availability would not impact the fact that we have to wait for moo mod to be working fully before we start merging other things.
I'm definitely not the guy that is suited to check all lines of codes to make sure everything is not broken ^^ Slaver0 is best suited for that, but this wasn't a question of skill, but of reoccurring presence (and we haven't seen him this month either).

It's just that I happen to have been the most present person on the thread and that's been the case for more than a year. My idea is that if tomorrow you're unreachable, someone has to likely be there for the work since 2.1 not to have been lost. I've experienced it for 2.0 with Powerairmax and StJezus responding every days and having volunteered for important final tasks and then leaving for months before finishing their "duties". In such case, even if I didn't have the skill to do their tasks alone, I had to prevent the JONT boat from sinking by improvising; and eventually found you as an experienced sailor. With owner rights to the git, if you were to be missing one day, I could still hope to find and name another trusty sailor and keep the boat afloat.

I'm of course reassured that you're there, and I understand that you've been working "under the radar" for the game and it must have been time consuming as hell. You've been doing amazing work on the game for a while, and the tasks are adding up... hence why I'm afraid you'll eventually burn out, or take time for yourself. Or be kidnapped even, we don't know. Please believe that my demand wasn't pressing you to do something out of mistrust, but a safety move with only the game development's best interest in mind.

Apparently it'd be possible to create a new branch and define it as the main one, thus not losing all the work done if something happened to you, do you confirm? If so, giving me ownership won't be useful at all indeed!

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
It's opensource, it can never be lost. Anyone, you, a total stranger, can clone the repo and continue working on it as they please. That's the power of git. If you are scared of gitgud removing the repo due to controversial content, just clone it to your own PC every so often, and you'll have a copy safely stored for yourself. You can then just upload that to a self-hosted git service or some other git plaform.

Being a maintainer just means you can push changes to the master of this specific repo. And with that power also comes the ability to totally break the game. When that happens, you need to 1: know git well enough to roll the master branch back to the latest working version 2: know the code well enough to figure out what change broke it, then ask contributor to fix it, or fix it yourself.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Pianocat's moo mod is now integrated into the main game. Major props for him for working on this game. All branches have been updated, you WILL need to download the images since there are images added. Not sure if a new savegame is required, but personally there's enough new content to warrant it perhaps :)

Interesting discussion above, would love to hear about the progress, and if you could see if the moo mod changes impacted anything. Full list of files changd here: .

I think we should try to release a v2.2 soon, since this is quite a major addition. We should also integrate roktav's / Pararock's save time improvement patch in that as well. Perhaps when the .json and picture changes above are done?

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
Awesome work i107760, thank you very much^^
Yep, in current state there is no picture displaying, and before any release it will need the new .json system of Lokplart :)

I don't know about other modifications since 2.1, but as I said on the mod main thread, the moo mod should be savegame compatible: when loading a game, you will have to pass a night by clicking "Refresh Database", in the upper bar.

Also, there will be adjustments and balancing to do about the new mechanics: I had no return about the 1.7.5 version, but I doubt it can be perfect spontaneously, far from it :censored:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I think we should try to release a v2.2 soon, since this is quite a major addition. We should also integrate roktav's / Pararock's save time improvement patch in that as well. Perhaps when the .json and picture changes above are done?
I have just changed the roadmap according to that goal of releasing a new version soon. I've still kept some elements there in order to make some recent changes be a perfect fit (the new musics for the city, the new bath icon, etc.), as well as in order to release a stable version without the bugs users have been finding since February.

The main focus should be to add pictures to the moo mod and perfect it so there's no display bugs there either. By then, if adding the new sex scenes would take more than a week or two, we'll put that for version 2.3 instead and release v2.2. (y)

Reactions: kyoto_leon

Xhak

Dec 24, 2017
I get that. Let's agree on 34h in a row = dead. The game needs to more or less emulate that to be considered realistic.
<snip>
If you're not feeble, you don't die from exhaustion in this game unless fainting every day for decades and without medical attention. After investigation, the game is too tolerant at best.
is maybe different from what I remember, but clearly recall having slaves die with exactly housework. if game has changed, that is good news.
Okay. How do we translate that in game? What can we add for an ideal transcription of hunger:

Your slave whining and begging? Some description of her skin turning grey? She cannot sleep? She's ready to kill you to eat food?
look below
Okay, I need evidence to back up your assessment that in a dangerous world, a slave you've acquired 5 minutes ago will not act like a spoil brat even if she has the temperament to be one. Don't forget that some slaves just got kidnapped recently into this world and might have been important people in their universe (among slaves, there are war heroes, artists...).
what means evidence? if you mean reasoning, i say that the threats of this world would not be difficult to see.
slave is kidnapped and sold at auction. will be seeing, hearing things. this world hardly hides what it is like.
war hero might think better to die than be slave, but most peoples roll over when threatened if no obvious way of escape.
I think that as of now, the game manages psychology quite well. A "cowardly" slave you acquired 5 minutes ago will cook and even give you a handjob, no questions asked, if you look authoritative and clean. If you ask them questions without explaining EXACTLY what you're saying (that the world around is worse than being your slave), then depending on her personality she might get angry, or sob. I don't know of any slavery game that is as accurate psychologically, nor am I convinced that the psychology of the game needs change, yet.
most subjects show compliance, is not special "cowardly" trait. that is fault, not fundamental model of JONT slave breaking. overestimates peoples. slaves capable of real resistance or strong psychological resilience should be quite rare, maybe 10% of slaves, maybe less. training much harder, but might have significant advantages over "easy" slaves if broken. also some people can not be broken no matter what. certain combinations of slaves traits should = impossible to break, slave will always be threat, always try to escape, always willing to die before surrendering will. unsure if "should" == "good idea in game" though. would frustrate players if some slaves just time consuming waste of money.
A Deus Ex Machina is an element of story that resolves a desperate situation for the characters. The fog is not, it's a premise. You find it as a cheap reason to explain why the society is cannibalistic, but your arguments are speculative conjectures.
I calls premises ex machinas when premise does not achieve results developer wants so developer makes things up to force it. is same exact mechanism at different point in story construction, so I use same word, plus I don't know another. that is what I think happening with JONT ... game premise support cannibalism, but game developer wanted almost all nutrition to be cannibalism. so fog added little features until it acts as "deus ex machina" to sort of justify what developer wanted.

One person can feeds ~24 people for one day if fully grown and 100% efficiency. Butchering not 100% efficient, waste spoiling bad distribution adds more inefficiency. steeper wealth distribution (inequality) creates more inefficiency, JONT society very inequal. probably not better than 70% net efficiency, but 50% more plausible.

new arrivals must equal maybe 1/10 of current population every day if human meat primary food source. such numbers threaten to overwhelm city, not just provide food.

like in USA if 33,000,000 people crossed border EVERY DAY.

not argument against cannibalism, argument against cannibalism as primary or major food source.
No, some magic substance that corrupts fetus and kill animal wouldn't necessarily kill humans. But if I said the fog killed animals, I was wrong anyway. And no, the population is not limited by removing pregnancy; it's too common even without birth. It is explained by the Smuggler's Den girl:

The church obviously has the power to enforce laws (with their paladins we can assume), so much that one of the most influential person of Eternal Rome (serpis president) doesn't dare to fuck with them so openly.
Few rulers in Europe fucked with church openly either. Church in this world obviously very different but still not more powerfull than all factions put together. Churches often act as "stabilizing influence" so most factions protect church to protect themselves. This not true if situation bad enough or if stakes high enough.
I like the idea. If you want to develop it for the game, I'll make a roadmap for you in the OP. It'd be a good post-patrician quest.
depends on conversation, but not against idea.
You know, you have weird fetishes yourself; you should be happy that some things in the game appeal to a very niche audience even if it's one you don't happen to be a part of ^^
don't confuse ideas with fetishes. this game interesting due to concept and world design. if guided by what personally I like would very different.
And it's less about it being sexy than about being a setting (weirdly common in hentai productions btw).
point I trying to make is game forced into very narrow niche if setting ONLY consideration.
not saying setting consideration bad, saying motif should be flexible.
For now there's only fiend cum you can feed your slave with (and I'd like pictures of it, I've had this plan for a while but Powerairmax, the former developer was not in favor of it. Things could change now). We can add other options in the future, I'd rather do that after all the other important things in the roadmap tho; the main dev has already gone burnt out it seems and the transition will be harsh.
okay
This scientific article states that in the prehistoric era, cannibalism was quite common for nutritious reason: | "In the majority of studies, the interpretation is that cannibalism was practiced for nutritional reasons , , , (although there has never been a way to quantify how nutritional these episodes may be)."
human meat very poor nutritional source. 650 callories per lb, pig meat is 1800 calories per lb.

not feeling like citing million sources, but this topic I read on much, inviting you to do same. will give tl;dr of cannibalism in human societies through known human history

3 kinds major cannibalism practiced known to anthropological sciences.

1. survival/starvation induced. this one think Donner party. when group faces immediate starvation some groups will choose to eat members who die of other causes. rarerly will choose victim by lots and kill to sustain others. this never done except as absolutely last resort for obvious reasons.

2. funeral cannibalism. eating members of own group who die of unrelated causes, probably beguns as prolonged case 1 turned into ritual. tribes believe eating dead gives powers or knowledge of dead. way to become one with departed ancestors. also really good way to spread prion disease.

3. outgroup/conquest cannibalism. this one most common, practices by monkeys humans etc. when group A fights group B and wins, eats dead of B and maybe A too. Sometimes extended to captured members of opposing group.

besides, even your paper doesn't support your argument completely. from conclusion:
"We are, however, significantly lower in calorie value when compared to single large fauna (such as mammoth, bison, cattle and horse) that have a much greater calorific return per individual than many of the groups of cannibalised human remains. This return must therefore question the viability of hunting and consuming hominins for strictly nutritional reasons."
The premise of the lore is that Eternal Rome is a cannibalistic society where human life is less valuable than even cereal culture. It literally says in the OP of this thread: "Human life is cheap". That's the second sentence of the overview!
Yes, is premise. Wanting to see game live words plausibly. 90% of way there I think, but not there now.
I don't get if "wet tissue paper" is literal or a visual metaphor. Without hard evidence to back it up, for economy of means, we must consider that Eternal Rome's average diet is at least viable enough for the rich humans (remember, it's a magic medieval sci-fi world, we can perfectly imagine vitamin complement that are left out of the narrative). Btw, in Eternal Rome, there are undead people in the Necropolis; and they like to feed of humans almost uncontrollably so (based on the guard dialog). So if anything, you're 100% right and the diet is unsustainable; so much that it only a few survive and the other become undead.
one thing I doesn't recall is how long this game world existed. if exactly as you described, game world would have exploded quite fast. eventually undead outnumber all else combined and take over, all humans become food. either game happening very early in game world before this happens, or other factors balancing it so eternal rome actually sustainable.

if eternal rome sustainable, should determine how/why in context of established lore even if that means modying the lore as necessary. not easily, though. only with careful discussion/consideration.
As I stated, you've visibly not seen all of the game's possible outcomes. A newly acquired girl will more or less immediately be a willing slave giving the right circumstances.
I know SOME girls like that, but I think bell curve centred in wrong place. estimate 60% of slaves would be immediately compliant. Also estimate some percentage "should" be impossible to break, but repeating that may not be good idea to actually include in game. maybe handwave as slaves like that never reach open market.
For that, I think you REALLY didn't pay attention to the game's lore. It's explained everywhere that human food is the most cheap thing there is in this world. There are dozens of economic bullshit in this game (stated in the Roadmap, in the OP). Cannibalism is really not one of them (and why do you say "baby eating"?).
Because I think massive endless waves of human traffic reaching eternal rome daily would destroy it. deluge of war heroes and artists would smite and sing any army to dust eventually. with other considerations in hand most plausible source of COMMON cannibalism is easy way to dispose of slave offspring when surplus of slave offspring.

in slave driven society, slaves often outnumber citizens as much as 10 to 1. no idea what proportion would be in JONT world, but if resources scarce AND too many offspring then cannibalism begins to make sense.

but for that to happen must release idea of only church can raises babies. babies take many time, not just money, food. look at Romanian (I think) mass orphanages... one nurse attending as much as 20 babies. results were catastrophic humantarian crisis.

i thinking not to remove problems with births, but to remove cannibalism as MAIN source of food. just to make more logical. that hard sell since very deep part of game, but otherwise never will feel quite plausible to me I think. right now just seems like lore too much excuse for cannibalism instead of "letting cannibalism happen as side effect of lore".
From what I understand, the game is good, even based on your standard. You just lacked the explanations to consolidate the world into a cohesive piece. The game only gives information sparsely, like a Dark Souls game; so it's an artistic decision. If you find any lore contradiction even now, please state them, but what you stated above aren't. And more importantly, the biggest risk we're facing as modders is to ADD lore inconsistencies. It's my difficult and unrewarding job to make sure the game stays true to its legacy (hence why I may appear dismissive of new ideas).
Yes, is huge risk. Every change needs to be treated adversarially.
Maybe, but I'm not convinced by your demonstration, because you're giving arguments that are based on false premise because you lacked information that the game itself gives.
I think you are mistaken about that. is hard to explain all information I have.
About raising babies, the Vatican is not "1 mere organization", it's like the leader of the crossroad of the whole multiverse. I trust them to have enough magical powers or financial resources to have a foster care branch.
like mentioned above, humans require enormous amounts of individual care for many, many years. for church sustaining even just nobility population needs nearly as much staff as entire nobility population just to sustain it. and brings to point you NOT acknowledge!

underestimating human needs for children. society of JONT not post modern self hating adult children. everyone from two bit merchants to serpis president himself wants posterity. and they does NOT wants to have another group (church) controlling their children, the future of their house!

church more powerful than any single house, but against every single person combined is not remotely plausible. if church THAT powerful, would be no houses at all. all things would belong to church. only way for church AND houses to exist is if equilibrium exists where church has to not destroy any single house or risk other houses turning against it, and each house has to leave church alone or church destroys it AND houses not dare attack each other too much or church stop them.

that works if situation tolerable to majority of people. houses might hate each other or hate church, but things not that bad. can do daily business, can work for future of house. church can work for future of church.

if houses has no future == nothing to lose. all houses forms rogue alliance to take secrets from church, maybe destroy it.

but once secret "out", can buy it. more houses with knowledge means more people gains it over time. eventually can buy from back alley dealer. Maybe against law to have children, maybe church pretends to enforce law and people pretends to follow it, like prohibition.

that most plausible. and when children too many or risk being caught, children go to slaughter. everyone wins. except slaves and inconvient kids.
That'd be cool. The only definitive critic is creation ;) You're basically free to do whatever you want with the game. Then you can release it on your own, as a mod.

There's another possibility with three requirements: No bugs, doesn't conflicts with the lore nor betrays the legacy, is an improvement and not an downgrade. If you manage to meet the requirements, we'll put our efforts in common to add your new features to the next official version.
yes.

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
Many people claim that version 2.x is easier from 1.75. My Question is, why? I still haven't tried the 2.x verions myself, so I thinking about saving 1.75 for now... especially cause it's vanished from downloads

Dec 12, 2017
is maybe different from what I remember, but clearly recall having slaves die with exactly housework. if game has changed, that is good news.

look below

what means evidence? if you mean reasoning, i say that the threats of this world would not be difficult to see.
slave is kidnapped and sold at auction. will be seeing, hearing things. this world hardly hides what it is like.
war hero might think better to die than be slave, but most peoples roll over when threatened if no obvious way of escape.

most subjects show compliance, is not special "cowardly" trait. that is fault, not fundamental model of JONT slave breaking. overestimates peoples. slaves capable of real resistance or strong psychological resilience should be quite rare, maybe 10% of slaves, maybe less. training much harder, but might have significant advantages over "easy" slaves if broken. also some people can not be broken no matter what. certain combinations of slaves traits should = impossible to break, slave will always be threat, always try to escape, always willing to die before surrendering will. unsure if "should" == "good idea in game" though. would frustrate players if some slaves just time consuming waste of money.

I calls premises ex machinas when premise does not achieve results developer wants so developer makes things up to force it. is same exact mechanism at different point in story construction, so I use same word, plus I don't know another. that is what I think happening with JONT ... game premise support cannibalism, but game developer wanted almost all nutrition to be cannibalism. so fog added little features until it acts as "deus ex machina" to sort of justify what developer wanted.

One person can feeds ~24 people for one day if fully grown and 100% efficiency. Butchering not 100% efficient, waste spoiling bad distribution adds more inefficiency. steeper wealth distribution (inequality) creates more inefficiency, JONT society very inequal. probably not better than 70% net efficiency, but 50% more plausible.

new arrivals must equal maybe 1/10 of current population every day if human meat primary food source. such numbers threaten to overwhelm city, not just provide food.

not argument against cannibalism, argument against cannibalism as primary or major food source.

Few rulers in Europe fucked with church openly either. Church in this world obviously very different but still not more powerfull than all factions put together. Churches often act as "stabilizing influence" so most factions protect church to protect themselves. This not true if situation bad enough or if stakes high enough.

don't confuse ideas with fetishes. this game interesting due to concept and world design. if guided by what personally I like would very different.

point I trying to make is game forced into very narrow niche if setting ONLY consideration.

okay

human meat very poor nutritional source. 650 callories per lb, pig meat is 1800 calories per lb.

not feeling like citing million sources, but this topic I read on much, inviting you to do same. will give tl;dr of cannibalism in human societies through known human history

1. survival/starvation induced. this one think Donner party. when group faces immediate starvation some groups will choose to eat members who die of other causes. rarerly will choose victim by lots and kill to sustain others. this never done except as absolutely last resort for obvious reasons.

2. funeral cannibalism. eating members of own group who die of unrelated causes, probably beguns as prolonged case 1 turned into ritual. tribes believe eating dead gives powers or knowledge of dead. way to become one with departed ancestors. also really good way to spread prion disease.

3. outgroup/conquest cannibalism. this one most common, practices by monkeys humans etc. when group A fights group B and wins, eats dead of B and maybe A too. Sometimes extended to captured members of opposing group.

besides, even your paper doesn't support your argument completely. from conclusion:
"We are, however, significantly lower in calorie value when compared to single large fauna (such as mammoth, bison, cattle and horse) that have a much greater calorific return per individual than many of the groups of cannibalised human remains. This return must therefore question the viability of hunting and consuming hominins for strictly nutritional reasons."

Yes, is premise. Wanting to see game live words plausibly. 90% of way there I think, but not there now.

one thing I doesn't recall is how long this game world existed. if exactly as you described, game world would have exploded quite fast. eventually undead outnumber all else combined and take over, all humans become food. either game happening very early in game world before this happens, or other factors balancing it so eternal rome actually sustainable.

if eternal rome sustainable, should determine how/why in context of established lore even if that means modying the lore as necessary. not easily, though. only with careful discussion/consideration.

I know SOME girls like that, but I think bell curve centred in wrong place. estimate 60% of slaves would be immediately compliant. Also estimate some percentage "should" be impossible to break, but repeating that may not be good idea to actually include in game. maybe handwave as slaves like that never reach open market.

Because I think massive endless waves of human traffic reaching eternal rome daily would destroy it. deluge of war heroes and artists would smite and sing any army to dust eventually. with other considerations in hand most plausible source of COMMON cannibalism is easy way to dispose of slave offspring when surplus of slave offspring.

in slave driven society, slaves often outnumber citizens as much as 10 to 1. no idea what proportion would be in JONT world, but if resources scarce AND too many offspring then cannibalism begins to make sense.

but for that to happen must release idea of only church can raises babies. babies take many time, not just money, food. look at Romanian (I think) mass orphanages... one nurse attending as much as 20 babies. results were catastrophic humantarian crisis.

i thinking not to remove problems with births, but to remove cannibalism as MAIN source of food. just to make more logical. that hard sell since very deep part of game, but otherwise never will feel quite plausible to me I think. right now just seems like lore too much excuse for cannibalism instead of "letting cannibalism happen as side effect of lore".

like mentioned above, humans require enormous amounts of individual care for many, many years. for church sustaining even just nobility population needs nearly as much staff as entire nobility population just to sustain it. and brings to point you NOT acknowledge!

underestimating human needs for children. society of JONT not post modern self hating adult children. everyone from two bit merchants to serpis president himself wants posterity. and they does NOT wants to have another group (church) controlling their children, the future of their house!

church more powerful than any single house, but against every single person combined is not remotely plausible. if church THAT powerful, would be no houses at all. all things would belong to church. only way for church AND houses to exist is if equilibrium exists where church has to not destroy any single house or risk other houses turning against it, and each house has to leave church alone or church destroys it AND houses not dare attack each other too much or church stop them.

that works if situation tolerable to majority of people. houses might hate each other or hate church, but things not that bad. can do daily business, can work for future of house. church can work for future of church.

if houses has no future == nothing to lose. all houses forms rogue alliance to take secrets from church, maybe destroy it.

but once secret "out", can buy it. more houses with knowledge means more people gains it over time. eventually can buy from back alley dealer. Maybe against law to have children, maybe church pretends to enforce law and people pretends to follow it, like prohibition.

that most plausible. and when children too many or risk being caught, children go to slaughter. everyone wins. except slaves and inconvient kids.

yes.
This person rants for a living

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Many people claim that version 2.x is easier from 1.75. My Question is, why? I still haven't tried the 2.x verions myself, so I thinking about saving 1.75 for now... especially cause it's vanished from downloads
You can find 1.7.5 as a torrent in the wiki.

The reasons of it being more easy are not very well documented ^^ Basically since 1.8, when you sell a slave, she won't take everything you bought (clothes+jewelry+weapon) with her. Meaning you can make money saving by buying one cloth for every slave.

Also, someone claimed that the Nerd character could improve his rating faster, although this has not been verified (and the guy who said that had little credibility).

That's about it, I think.

look below

okay

yes.
I'm not saying that as an insult but the broken grammar and lack of capital letters made it a pain to read. Moreover, you're mostly repeating the points you've made. I asked for proofs and you're giving me demonstrations; with contingent premises. Given there's no real new elements in your diatribe, I think that I've made my case on why I disagree with you on some things, and why I happen to agree with you on other things.

As my upward neighbor, I encourage you to tweak JONT and turn it into your personal ideal. Not as a competition against our version, but as an overhaul we might decide to ultimately include. You certainly have your own vision that I wouldn't want to dismiss too heavily; and the game might improve with your contribution. Honestly, good luck. (y)

Last edited:

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
The reasons of it being more easy are not very well documented ^^ Basically since 1.8, when you sell a slave, she won't take everything you bought (clothes+jewelry+weapon) with her. Meaning you can make money saving by buying one cloth for every slave.
Speak of that, wouldn't it be nice to roll back to the former clothe system? Was more logical and a lot nicier to have one cloting for each slave :)

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Suppose a princess from another world is brought into the city as a slave and sold the first day she gets there. Do you think she's not going to act all mighty and royal around you?

You're right, a war hero would prefer to die rather then be a slave but she won't take her own life. More so, she will see the event of finally being sold as an opportunity to plan her escape.

The threats of this world are mostly in the fog, not in the city, your argument is invalid

You're clearly making this assumption thinking that slaves spend years before they're auctioned. Otherwise I can't see how you can think that..
And it's a wrong assumption anyway. I would be able to bet they don't spend more then a month or two before someone buys them or before they're just thrown away to die because maintenance for a human is pretty expansive and they can't just be neglected because then no one will buy them.

Wrong. They're called foster houses sweetheart, look 'em up. You can raise many children without much staff.

Wrong. They're called puppet states sweetheart, look those up too.
The worst move the Church could do is dismantle the houses and rule over the city. I don't even have the motivation to list all the negatives that would come with doing that. Just use your brain logically for a second, why would the Church take on the responsibility of managing and administrating everything by themselves? No empire in history ever did this. Or if they did, they quickly released the land back with it's own governance.

And with that I think you've got your dose of attention for today. Happy to help. Go see if you can't implement all those mechanics for yourself.
Translate all that information you can't explain into code and make it work so we can see a live example of what you mean.
You're asking for a complete overhaul of many mechanics in the game, so if you're not willing to put in the work then don't ask others to do it.
Have a nice day.

Reactions: kyoto_leon

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Speak of that, wouldn't it be nice to roll back to the former clothe system? Was more logical and a lot nicier to have one cloting for each slave :)
Is it? From my perspective, the slave doesn't own anything, I do, and I'm only selling the slave, not the apparel.. I can see jewelry being sold with her, cause yeah, I'm not gonna the piercings off the tits when I sell her, but I could easily have her strip.
Idk, I feel like if this change gets reverted, the the price of what she's wearing needs to be added to the selling price in one way or another.

Weapon makes no sense to me.

Reactions: drebin

Xhak

Dec 24, 2017
I'm not saying that as an insult but the broken grammar and lack of capital letters made it a pain to read. Moreover, you're mostly repeating the points you've made. I asked for proofs and you're giving me demonstrations; with contingent premises. Given there's no real new elements in your diatribe, I think that I've made my case on why I disagree with you on some things, and why I happen to agree with you on other things.

As my upward neighbor, I encourage you to tweak JONT and turn it into your personal ideal. Not as a competition against our version, but as an overhaul we might decide to ultimately include. You certainly have your own vision that I wouldn't want to dismiss too heavily; and the game might improve with your contribution. Honestly, good luck. (y)
Sorry if difficult to read.
Not repeating, expanding. Maybe not clear if you have difficulty reading my posts.
Oh well.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I think both solutions are too extremes. A robe you buy for a loli shouldn't fit a mature girl. But a girl shouldn't automatically take everything you bought, because fuck her. ^^

If we are making a change, let's make a new system, with different sizes based on age, and usability (second hand, third hand) that eventually reduced the bonus on the charm.

Last edited:

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I think both solutions are too extremes. A robe you buy for a loli shouldn't fit a mature girl. But a girl shouldn't automatically take everything you bought, because fuck her. ^^

If we are making a change, let's make a new system, with different sizes based on age, and usability (second hand, third hand) that eventually reduced the bonus on the charm.
Where does wool, fur, cotton and silk come from in JONT?
I can see cotton being grown by the Serpentines, but if they're the only source, then cotton would be really expensive.
Silk I'm guessing is made from the big spiders.
Fur and wool would be justified if there were actual normal farms somewhere in the city. Horses, dogs and pigs already exist so other animals could exist too.
Wool would be kinda easy, since you don't need to kill the animal, you can just sheer it.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes