qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
couldn't get into this one, mostly because I could not break the will of my slaves, I tried everything, naked walks, shameful podiums, anyone able to help?
Have you tried the ? There are valuable guides on the first pages, and entire sections dedicated to explain the game mechanics and expectations.

drakkuon

May 15, 2020
Have you tried the ? There are valuable guides on the first pages, and entire sections dedicated to explain the game mechanics and expectations.
yes, it said to do shameful podiums and naked walks as the others don't appear to actually affect pride. maybe I am not doing it enough? ill try again

drebin

May 1, 2017
yes, it said to do shameful podiums and naked walks as the others don't appear to actually affect pride. maybe I am not doing it enough? ill try again
There's a bunch of other activities that reduce pride. Check this page.

The easiest is to just force silence and humility.

Making your slave obey, isn't achieved only through punishments. If you use harsher punishments than what she deserve she'll just become broken, and you'll be wasting time trying to raise her sanity.

drakkuon

May 15, 2020
There's a bunch of other activities that reduce pride. Check this page.

The easiest is to just force silence and humility.

Making your slave obey, isn't achieved only through punishments. If you use harsher punishments than what she deserve she'll just become broken, and you'll be wasting time trying to raise her sanity.
thank you, I found something that works. cruciato for punishments 3-5, naked walks and shameful podium 1-2, the delicika spell for rewards 3-5. erotic rewards 1-2 and the occasional threaten and fear spell appears to work quite well with breaking them in without turning them into dolls or stuck with them being defiant.

escarrabutxaques

Apr 14, 2018
couldn't get into this one, mostly because I could not break the will of my slaves, I tried everything, naked walks, shameful podiums, anyone able to help?
My universal training plan, works with 95% slaves (except for ones that already have problems with sanity).

1.Buy shackles(both hands and legs), steel necklace, crown of thorns and equip your new slave with them, put your slave in dungeon in harshest conditions, set harshest rules for your slave and make her do nastiest humiliating stuff (scat, bestiality). Naturally, she will refuse. Regardless of guilt, always punish her with public use at this stage. We need to raise fear to 5 as quick as possible.
2. Keep your slave like that for 2-5 days until she has 6-7 obedience and she actually starts doing nastiest humiliating lessons.
3. Remove all shackles, crown of thorns, give her light sun dress, and comfortable footware (dont remember what its called ingame), put her in decent sleeping conditions, heal her up and leave only 3 rules for her to follow. Start feeding her decent food and rewarding accordingly with spending time with her (to reduce fear) and garden (to reduce dread). Every day start with cheering her up, than some easy task like homekeeping or gymnastics. At this point it's a race against the clock to quickly reduce fear/dread and boost morale before she kills herself o goes totally broken. Having an assistant to keep an eye of the slave helps a lot.
4. After you dropped dread to 0, let her sleep in your bed to raise devotion and equip her with spiked necklace to raise temperament.

This works too well, to the point that the game stops being a challenge...

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
I think introducing events could be a nice way to "break" routines, and force player to adapt (or to fail).

About difficulty there was three others things I would like to see (it applied to 1.7.5 at least):
- more random meeting with Isabella (it's too easy to meet her and start with a good assistant)
- more negative moodlets for master
- more costly housing (moving directly to a new house as soon as we start a game is the best move I think...) : teaching a slave in the slums can be quiet harsh^^'

drebin

May 1, 2017
I think introducing events could be a nice way to "break" routines, and force player to adapt (or to fail).

About difficulty there was three others things I would like to see (it applied to 1.7.5 at least):
- more random meeting with Isabella (it's too easy to meet her and start with a good assistant)
- more negative moodlets for master
- more costly housing (moving directly to a new house as soon as we start a game is the best move I think...) : teaching a slave in the slums can be quiet harsh^^'
Events would be very welcome, along with breaking the monotony it could also make the world feel more alive.

Personally I never use Isabella, and I think she should stay like she is right now. I don't think she is meant for veteran players, more like she is a helping hand for those who are just starting out and familiarizing themselves with the mechanics. There's no reason to make it harder for them.

I think the housing cost increase should be a higher one time fee at the start of the rental, rather than a monthly increase. Even now if you are dicking around for a few decades, rentals, cryostasis and living expensas can drain funds really fast in the expensive districts. A monthly increase could add up and make your life not fun. I like it how it is now, that I can have some time to just train a girl I happen to like. Maybe increase monthly on the hardest difficulty.

200 spark no skills, slum starts are the best part.

Reactions: Pianocat

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
I thought of an event system too. I'm still refining the idea but I kinda have working draft that I tried out a few weeks ago.

I broke events into five types:
  • First occurrence of an action/event
  • Random events - Throughout the day - The event fires based on how many energy points have been used OR if you ended the day with energy left, it does a random chance to fire based on how much energy you have left.
  • Morning events - Fires when the day starts.
  • Evening events - Fires when you click the end day button, before the end day screen.
  • Midnight events - Fires when you click the end day button, after the end day screen. (Visually, not that different from a morning event, but technically very different since it happens before all the end day resets.)
Events are scheduled with the "func" function in QSP
Effects, prerequisites and other checks are done with dynamic code
The shown image can be changed during the event
Branching works within the same event (Kinda :LOL:)

I only did this base thing then started playing with it.
I did an event where the girl comes to you scared in the middle of the night - Midnight event
One where the girl asks for more food - Evening event
One where the girl asks you to remove a rule - Random Event
One where you can promise the girl to never use her phobia against her - Fist occurrence event

All kinda worked as intended :LOL:

If anyone has any suggestions for other event triggers or features/objections to this feel free to throw them out.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
1) more random meeting with Isabella (it's too easy to meet her and start with a good assistant)
2) more negative moodlets for master
3) more costly housing (moving directly to a new house as soon as we start a game is the best move I think...) : teaching a slave in the slums can be quiet harsh^^'
1) Yes, she doesn't feel deserved. There's no real sense of threat that makes you evaluate whether or not she's a threat to you. Moreover, her stat distribution is weird as fuck (she tells she doesn't really like sex but that doesn't show ^^).
2) Why not. But mood easily falls down, to the point it's almost never at lvl. max but going up and down for whatever reasons. Positive moodlets too!
3) I'd say that at least, the slums should have a usefulness. For now, there are no houses there to sell a slave to. If you start a custom game with no Big House endorsement, you cannot buy a house anywhere, and training a slave in the Slums is practically impossible. So, if the appartment cost more, at least there should be a way to make money from the Slums (and that'd be awesome, the social ladder climbing would be even more rewarding from there).

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
I think the housing cost increase should be a higher one time fee at the start of the rental, rather than a monthly increase. Even now if you are dicking around for a few decades, rentals, cryostasis and living expensas can drain funds really fast in the expensive districts. A monthly increase could add up and make your life not fun. I like it how it is now, that I can have some time to just train a girl I happen to like. Maybe increase monthly on the hardest difficulty.
Yeah, perhaps a monthly increase would be a bit artificial... What I would like to see, and I totally agree with Qwertyu about that, is a real feeling of social climbing: eventually leaving the slums would be a first achievement, authorizing a better quality training (and so better incomes).

I thought of an event system too. I'm still refining the idea but I kinda have working draft that I tried out a few weeks ago.

I broke events into five types:
  • First occurrence of an action/event
  • Random events - Throughout the day - The event fires based on how many energy points have been used OR if you ended the day with energy left, it does a random chance to fire based on how much energy you have left.
  • Morning events - Fires when the day starts.
  • Evening events - Fires when you click the end day button, before the end day screen.
  • Midnight events - Fires when you click the end day button, after the end day screen. (Visually, not that different from a morning event, but technically very different since it happens before all the end day resets.)
Events are scheduled with the "func" function in QSP
Effects, prerequisites and other checks are done with dynamic code
The shown image can be changed during the event
Branching works within the same event (Kinda :LOL:)

I only did this base thing then started playing with it.
I did an event where the girl comes to you scared in the middle of the night - Midnight event
One where the girl asks for more food - Evening event
One where the girl asks you to remove a rule - Random Event
One where you can promise the girl to never use her phobia against her - Fist occurrence event

All kinda worked as intended :LOL:

If anyone has any suggestions for other event triggers or features/objections to this feel free to throw them out.
It's amazing! So you create a new "event" location? It could be very very nice, and I think this system looks quite flexible :)
If it works correctly, it could be quickly implemented, and regularly fed with new events, even basic ones in a first time... I particularly like the one with the promise

2) Why not. But mood easily falls down, to the point it's almost never at lvl. max but going up and down for whatever reasons. Positive moodlets too!
Thats weird... In 1.7.5 it seems to me it was rather stable (and often very positive)... I'll take a look to see if there is some differences :unsure:

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
Also, I finished the clothing bar. Here is what it looks when its fully closed:

hidden.jpg

Almost hidden! (it's a shy bar now, as I was tell it was too big :p )
Here with the first panel displayed, with a totally unequiped girl. A button (mannequin) on the right allow to jump to the slave's equipment tab:

semi_displayed_empty.jpg

The right arrow display another panel, with armor, left/right hand and back weapons:
full_displayed_empty.jpg

Here's an exemple with a fully equipped slave:
full_displayed.jpg

Do you think it's a good compromise between no infos at all/"I want to see everything" idea? I can hide even a bit more the closed bar, if needed :) (or keep it to me if i'm the only one interested in it, of course!)

Last edited:

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018

View attachment 670519

Here with the first panel displayed, with a totally unequiped girl. A button (mannequin) on the right allow to jump to the slave's equipment tab:

View attachment 670521

The right arrow display another panel, with armor, left/right hand and back weapons:
View attachment 670523

View attachment 670526

Do you think it's a good compromise between no infos at all/"I want to see everything" idea? I can hide even a bit more the closed bar, if needed :) (or keep it to me if i'm the only one interested in it, of course!)
That looks great imo.
One question: Do the pictures represent what you actually put into the slot? Like, are there different pics for every item or does it just mean there's something equipped there?

Also, one suggestion I have is moving the tutor and arena buttons slightly upwards to line up with the clothing bar.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017

View attachment 670519

View attachment 670521

View attachment 670523

View attachment 670526

I think it looks great and I see no reason not to implement it for next version :)

However, as a first time player, I'm pretty sure I'd have no clue that I should click on that bar to display the clothes. Maybe it should be highlited by mouse hovering (but not too much or it'd be visually annoying), or have an icon next to the calory screen like I suggested before, to make it obvious it's for clothes. I think unless someone told me, I wouldn't immediately have the idea to click on the arrow either, to be honest.

Also, does it only displays slave equipment and not master or assistant? If so, does the bar disappear when there's no one to train?

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
It's amazing! So you create a new "event" location? It could be very very nice, and I think this system looks quite flexible :)
If it works correctly, it could be quickly implemented, and regularly fed with new events, even basic ones in a first time... I particularly like the one with the promise
Two new locations actually. One that you call to schedule the events and one that gets called from many places and goes through all the queues to fire the events

Glad you like it. It's more of a modding tool then an actual gameplay feature so when I get some time to rewrite it I'll do my best to make it as easy to use and understand as I can.

July is when things will settle down and I can start knocking objectives off my roadmap again.

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
One question: Do the pictures represent what you actually put into the slot? Like, are there different pics for every item or does it just mean there's something equipped there?
Hmm, i'm not sure I understand correctly what you mean, but yes, the b&w icons corresponds to what goes in this slot: in order clothes (or "naked" icon), head, earrings, collar, gloves and boots ; and armor, right/left hands, back weapon, for the extra menu :)
Oh, I think I just understood: yes, each piece of equipment has his own icon (and tooltip)!

I will try to move the other buttons, and share a pic here

However, as a first time player, I'm pretty sure I'd have no clue that I should click on that bar to display the clothes. Maybe it should be highlited by mouse hovering (but not too much or it'd be visually annoying), or have an icon next to the calory screen like I suggested before, to make it obvious it's for clothes. I think unless someone told me, I wouldn't immediately have the idea to click on the arrow either, to be honest.
I do not really know how to code hovering with css, but I could give it a try, for sure :) What I can do, which would be very simple is to add a tooltip when the small "down" arrow is hovered!

Also, does it only displays slave equipment and not master or assistant? If so, does the bar disappear when there's no one to train?
I do not think about it :unsure:
I will make it disappears when there is no slave! Another nice "advanced" feature would be to create a "switch" allowing to display slave or assistant clothing. But it's some more work^^'

Glad you like it. It's more of a modding tool then an actual gameplay feature so when I get some time to rewrite it I'll do my best to make it as easy to use and understand as I can.
Would be great, I think the possibilities are endless, and events could become one of the core feature of the game :)

Edit : I forgot it, but I add a very simple dynamic, which make all slave wore clothing disappears when she's take away by her new owner. I add it to each situation in wich a slave is sold, but I'm not sure of what's finally the best choice: what should be sold along?
- only piercings
- only piercings and clothes (I think it's the minimum)
- only piercings, clothes and jewelry (i'm ok with this too, as it boosts the charm of the girl)
- everything the slave was equiped (so weapons and armor too)
We already spoke about it but I wanted to be sure...

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Edit : I forgot it, but I add a very simple dynamic, which make all slave wore clothing disappears when she's take away by her new owner. I add it to each situation in wich a slave is sold, but I'm not sure of what's finally the best choice: what should be sold along?
- only piercings
- only piercings and clothes (I think it's the minimum)
- only piercings, clothes and jewelry (i'm ok with this too, as it boosts the charm of the girl)
- everything the slave was equiped (so weapons and armor too)
We already spoke about it but I wanted to be sure...
"Everything the slave was equiped with" -- In my humble opinion it's the most logical choice and I think I convinced Lokplart too on previous pages. (y)

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
As requested by Lokplart I move up the teaching and schedule icons, to align them with the clothing bar:

Clipboard02.jpg

Make me think that this ugly travel bar would requires a small improvement... and there is this issue with the golden frame of the schedule icons too.

About the "unequip" button, I added two new options in the equipment tab:
Clipboard01.jpg
I don't know if the english is correct: I hesitate with "unequip everything"... :unsure:
I wanted to put these new options in the bottom frame, but it's a "read only" zone, it's only for non-clickable content (it could be a nice area to display clothing effects, e.g.)

Reactions: drebin

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
A curiosity for the modders: to do the new image pack, have you used some tool? If I don't remember bad, some years ago I tried myself to change the image folder but doing it was a total pain in the ass....

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Nice to see that one of the major reasons I made my mod (UNEQUIP ALL) is now being implemented into the actual game. As for remvoing equipment when being sold, please make sure the system for selling slave at auction and turning in contract is the same. I believe right now, in the game, completing contract already removes items. I might be misremembering though.
Pianocat is the bugfixing for moo mod done now then? And Lokplart are you still working on those json files for the moo mod?

Last edited:

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
Your mod is much more complex, this is just a dynamic, copying content of each "slot_change" lines^^

Hmmm, I just checked about contracts (you mean the ones offered by the guild ?) and indeed slave equipment already disappears when you finish it :unsure:
It seems that the stuff do not disappears only when these killvar lines are here:
killvar 'slave'
killvar '$slave'
I have to double check this...
It seems objects also disappears when you are selling the slave during the basic decade auction.

And yeah, I push some more corrections last week, on git :) For now thats all! But there will certainly be some improvements and corrections to do after the initial release..

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes