Jan 13, 2018
Are there any guides or wikis for the game? I started playing yesterday and there seems to be an overwhelming amount of things I have no idea how they work. For instance, I read an aura, but have no idea what any of that meant and no idea where to find info about it.
There are 2 different readme files in the game folder. They both contain some very helpful information on how to play the game. The basic gist of the game is how to manage the 3 most important auras for training: Fear, Habit, and Awareness. These all tie into your slave's overall obedience, which is the ultimate end goal for smooth training.

Your slave will not be obedient at first and that is completely normal: Punish her accordingly and raise fear and eventually she'll stop rebelling. Use the Threaten and Put in Place commands from Influence Slave to raise her awareness. Finally train your slave often to build habit. Set some rules for your slave like sleep on the floor and no food for a few days when starting out. She may wake up disobeying the rules but take this opportunity to punish her and build fear. When training higher level slaves you'll eventually need to lower fear by giving hugs and letting her go to the spa as rewards to help build Devotion but don't worry about that until you need to start selling B rank slaves and above.

For the slave there are 3 stats that basically dictate the difficulty in training her: Temperament, Pride, and Intelligence. High temperament and pride will be your 2 biggest obstacles at first, they contribute directly to how disobedient your slave will be at first. High intelligence can also make it difficult to tame slaves at first, but low intelligence also makes it hard to raise their skills in the long term. When purchasing slaves from the market or guild contract, I would make a save and try save scumming for a slave with low pride and temperament when you start out. It's basically impossible to train a high pride/temperament slave when you first start out no matter how good you are at the game.

Finally there are some actions that slaves will refuse to do. Most slaves will refuse to do dirty sex acts like rimjobs or any of the Fetish play. Horse and Pet training are also mostly impossible to do when you first get a slave. Focus on on cleaning, cooking, and fitness until your slave becomes more obedient before you move on to more hardcore training. Try to look for buyers/contracts who want maids (cooking/cleaning) since those are the easiest requirements to fulfill.

Other actions can lower pride and make your slave easier to train if they're willing to do them, but you may need to build some basic obedience first. Most actions your slave will refuse to do at first no matter what like Horse, Pet, and Scat lower pride. Rules like Pet and Toilet also help lower pride too.

The game is very difficult but if you like management games this is one of the best out there, sex game or no. It's very rewarding when you finally conquer the game systems and I think that's why there's been such a dedicated community long after the official version got discontinued.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
There are 2 different readme files in the game folder. They both contain some very helpful information on how to play the game. The basic gist of the game is how to manage the 3 most important auras for training: Fear, Habit, and Awareness. These all tie into your slave's overall obedience, which is the ultimate end goal for smooth training.
Taming is another and actually stronger motivator for obedience than either habit or awareness, but can be harder to increase, because it reflects subconscious recognition of the superiority of the master by the slave. The aura supremacy of the master in relation to the slave is a key factor in how quickly taming develops. The relative strength of aura has many factors; most of the master's stats contribute to it, and likewise most of the slave's stats oppose it. The magic spell "Magna Magnifika" boosts aura strength as well.

Use the Threaten and Put in Place commands from Influence Slave to raise her awareness.
Neither of these interactions raise a slave's awareness. Threaten can increase fear, taming and despair while lowering mood. It can also increase pride if the threat is not taken seriously. Put in place reduces spoiling.

Finally train your slave often to build habit.
This is correct; every time she obeys, she becomes a tiny bit more obedient.

Set some rules for your slave like sleep on the floor and no food for a few days when starting out. She may wake up disobeying the rules but take this opportunity to punish her and build fear.
Sleeping on the floor is another way to build her taming (hard not to see the master as superior when he's in a nice bed and you're on a cold floor), but it will drain her endurance. No food will starve her and drain her endurance as well. Both of these will also lower her mood, and ending the day with a negative mood will increase her despair. Despair lowers her nature and temperament. Those stats make her less obedient, but if they drop too low (along with pride) her mind will break, making her less valuable.

For the slave there are 3 stats that basically dictate the difficulty in training her: Temperament, Pride, and Intelligence.
High nature (willpower) also opposes obedience. High empathy is a double-edged sword, because punishments will be more effective on her but also her despair can increase faster. Intellect is also a double-edged sword: a stupid slave is less resistant but gains awareness slower than a clever slave.

It's basically impossible to train a high pride/temperament slave when you first start out no matter how good you are at the game.
Not impossible by any means, I regularly take these types of slaves at the start on hardcore difficulty. But you are right that they are more challenging. High nature too.

Last edited:
Reactions: qwertyu12359

drebin

May 1, 2017
"It's basically impossible to train a high pride/temperament slave when you first start out no matter how good you are at the game."

After you've played Jack for way too long, you start to set up your own challenges. It's not only possible to do so, you can even do it with the minimum starting skills and sparks without ever punishing her.

When I was testing out 2.0, I decided on training an elf girl who was Arrogant/Intelligent, with A Nature/Temperament with no actual punishments (I did use put in place against spoiling though.) It's definitely not a recommended strategy, since it takes a lot of time and is heavily rng dependent. Girls with stats like these have very high combat stats too, so if she rebels she will hand you your ass.

It took a bit of savescumming(mostly to beat the rng) and coming to know her limits before getting anywhere. I was basically making her do something easy then bribing her with gifts to raise her mood and make her do something she wouldn't otherwise. Kept that up, while trying to maintain her mood at Optimistic-Ecstatic. Since her aura will pretty much always be several times stronger than your own you need the obedience bonus from her mood to even get her to do anything harder.
Taming is the hardest to develop like this, so the most essential was awareness first and habit after that. Once you get the ball rolling though and manage to get a single globe of devotion, you're set. (Unless you manage to ruin her mood somehow, if you do, she basically loses her devotion in a single day.)

Rules I used were: No masturbation, since until she hates you her arousal won't rise anyway. Cooking and bath slave. I always had food beforehand from classes or myself so she never cooked, but I needed a rule she won't break so she won't get harder to handle.
Gifting her a sundress, branding her also seems to be kind of a necessity. Taking her in the arena is also pretty handy, since it gives her a chance for a +5 reward, while giving you sparks to live off of. Otherwise you get your sparks from the moneylender and doing guild contracts to stay afloat.

It took a solid 3-4 hours to get her to D. Still it was a pretty fun challenge. I basically made her fall in love, but since that's not coded into the game she just became a really arrogant assistant.

She doesn't have an image anymore since v2.0 saves aren't compatible with v2.1.
21312.png
3242.png

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I also like to explore the limits of what is possible. 2.2 makes some changes in that regard but in my view it should always be possible to thread the needle and train even the most difficult slave without a depression spiral. Patience is key, and having a helpful trait like Expert Maid definitely makes it easier.

Reactions: drebin

drebin

May 1, 2017
A favorite training definitely helps, since it improves mood and gives the best possible reward value.
I do think it's possible without it, but it did make my life easier.

Once 2.2 is officially out, I might try to do another one. One that is also max temperament and nature. That is, if I actually manage to roll a girl like that in the rng machine. :D

drebin

May 1, 2017
Guild expert doesn't help on a minimal skill/spark fresh start though. I always just thought of guild expert as the means to either getting someone for a very specific contract or for buying your ideal girl when you simply have too much sparks.

Reactions: qwertyu12359
Jan 13, 2018
After you've played Jack for way too long, you start to set up your own challenges. It's not only possible to do so, you can even do it with the minimum starting skills and sparks without ever punishing her.
Just out of curiosity, what difficulty are you playing on? I usually start as either Teacher or Butler and play on normal. I could probably train high pride/temperament slaves from a fresh start in these conditions but I don't have the patience to do so when starting off.

drebin

May 1, 2017
Just out of curiosity, what difficulty are you playing on? I usually start as either Teacher or Butler and play on normal. I could probably train high pride/temperament slaves from a fresh start in these conditions but I don't have the patience to do so when starting off.
Hardcore, that's why I needed 3 rules instead of 2.
I usually play custom games with no point allocation and reducing the sparks to minimum, so I don't use a character preset. I get the base skills for training from buying the clothes. Also, I didn't mention it in the post, but I don't use Isabella. I train them myself without an assistant.

It's definitely tedious and unless you're extremely lucky, doing it without savescumming could be a very long process. Until you get deeply familiar with the game mechanics and want to challenge yourself like I did, I wouldn't recommend doing it.

Considering that you're using preset characters and can use punishments, it shouldn't be that hard to do. Starting in an apartmant with more sparks is a huge help too. Since both also start with B stamina you could actually fight a rebelling slave too.

My advice is that you pick slaves you're comfortable with until you get more acquainted with the game mechanics. After a while you'll probably find them a lot easier, then you could try high pride/temperament ones.

Last edited:

Aklackadaka

Feb 9, 2020
I don't see how you can do an absolute minimum playthrough. Not being able to get out of the slums means having no kitchen, so you can't use the traditional rules cheese. Starting at the weakest strength means that taking fairy pollen will kill you instantly. You lose every fight in the arena so you can't even raise your stamina once within 10 days. It's possible to keep your slave in a good mood by constantly rewarding with gifts, but this inevitably leads to spoiling and spoiling basically ends the run.

drebin

May 1, 2017
I don't see how you can do an absolute minimum playthrough. Not being able to get out of the slums means having no kitchen, so you can't use the traditional rules cheese. Starting at the weakest strength means that taking fairy pollen will kill you instantly. You lose every fight in the arena so you can't even raise your stamina once within 10 days. It's possible to keep your slave in a good mood by constantly rewarding with gifts, but this inevitably leads to spoiling and spoiling basically ends the run.
*I'm going to assume you're talking about a normal playthrough and not a no punishment one.

Unless you're talking about purposefully doing a slum only run, you can move into a district after you do a contract for a faction.
Starting in the slum is definitely the hardest, but if you're not hell bent on picking the most difficult slaves, it's not that bad. Even if you do want to do a slum only run it is manageable, but you'll be very dependent on the Salon and bathing as a reward to keep up hygiene. (Also, training witchdoctors and servants are basically School dependent, since you don't have a kitchen or lab.)

On the issue of strength, you simply rest. If you keep yourself in good health and the house tidy without exhausting yourself, your strength improves by itself, no need forcing it in the arena. If you're not overexerting yourself it basically takes 3 days for your strength to become C.

You give gifts according to merit, and if for some reason her spoiling rises, you put her in place, don't reward her when she deserves it or make her sleep on the floor. You don't have to keep her always happy, you just have to avoid her going into a depression spiral.

Finally, rules. You already have 2 rules which she can't even break at the beggining. No masturbation and deny orgasm. You just have to get a 3rd that she obeys and you're basically done. (You don't even need a 3rd if you're playing on Normal.) You can also just force rules if you buy the items for it. Force rules also counts as a rule.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
On the issue of strength, you simply rest. If you keep yourself in good health and the house tidy without exhausting yourself, your strength improves by itself, no need forcing it in the arena. If you're not overexerting yourself it basically takes 3 days for your strength to become C.
In 2.2, eating F- quality food (which is what you have in the slums without a kitchen) is unhealthy and will lower the slaver's health to D- over time if he doesn't compensate for it with sufficient exercise. And force rules no longer counts towards the minimum number of rules to avoid spoiling, but you still only need 2 rules on normal obedience difficulty.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes