Jun 28, 2020
If you upload a save, I can take a look and see if something odd is happening.
Ok, let me beat one bitch up... ok, so here is what happens, I started a new game, bought the first feeble slave I could find, beat her up and wait for her to recover... and she recovered wtf? it surprised me cause it didn't happen before, then I thought a little deep about it, why this time it worked? and remembered that I usually put some rules specifically for a slave in coma, those are "sleep in my bed" and "give supplements", the reasoning behind was to increase her health quick and therefore wake up faster... at least that was my logic, don't know if that fucks up the code or if it's intentional

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Ok, let me beat one bitch up... ok, so here is what happens, I started a new game, bought the first feeble slave I could find, beat her up and wait for her to recover... and she recovered wtf? it surprised me cause it didn't happen before, then I thought a little deep about it, why this time it worked? and remembered that I usually put some rules specifically for a slave in coma, those are "sleep in my bed" and "give supplements", the reasoning behind was to increase her health quick and therefore wake up faster... at least that was my logic, don't know if that fucks up the code or if it's intentional
Is this a save where she doesn't recover? Not much point looking at a save where it's working as expected.

Those rules you mentioned shouldn't prevent her from recovering.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Happened across this the other day, while searching for something else. Gotta say, this is the 1st QSP game I have gotten to work correctly and...this damn thing is HARD. lol The ttorial training thing keeps kicking my arse. Though unlike the 1st 3 or 4 attempts, while I failed in the last 3 or 4, at least those slaves didnt die. So I guess thats 'progress' of a sort.
Welcome! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon enough, and it will feel all the more satisfying because you mastered the challenge.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Finally!! It launched ! hahahahaha Thanks bruh . Wonder why 2.2 gives me an error though .
Hey! So I put in the roadmap that the engine tweaks might have been responsible for the error.

We first want to make sure it's not down to human error. Would you mind downloading the stable version once again:

Then unzip it in a new empty folder, and try to see if the error message is still there.

If there's a small chance that it works... at least you'll be able to play the latest (bestest) version before we delve into the engine tweaks (y)

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Can someone link me some characters modpacks? I can't find them anywhere. Please only anime characters.
What makes you think anyone made those to begin with? ^^

This has never been done before. This was in the plans, a modder wanted to make that happen, but we haven't heard from him in about 6 months.

You might be mixing up JONT with Brothel Kinds or Slave Maker.

Feb 3, 2020
What makes you think anyone made those to begin with? ^^

This has never been done before. This was in the plans, a modder wanted to make that happen, but we haven't heard from him in about 6 months.

You might be mixing up JONT with Brothel Kinds or Slave Maker.
Well, simply because this is a very popular game and there's literally a modding guide in the main thread. That's why I'm perplexed by the fact that there is only one character modpack, that is the Sex and Normal scenes replacement pack. That's why I asked if there was some other characters modpacks.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Well, simply because this is a very popular game and there's literally a modding guide in the main thread. That's why I'm perplexed by the fact that there is only one character modpack, that is the Sex and Normal scenes replacement pack. That's why I asked if there was some other characters modpacks.
The sex and normal scenes replacement pack is not really a "characters modpack". As in, it add a certain number of pictures to the pool of images the game picks from. But it doesn't add slaves/characters like let's say Bulma from Dragon Ball.

All previous modpacks were already added in-game as part of the vanilla experience as long as the pictures weren't censored (maybe I missed some but that should be marginal) (y)

Reactions: JustAnotherHuman7
Feb 3, 2020
The sex and normal scenes replacement pack is not really a "characters modpack". As in, it add a certain number of pictures to the pool of images the game picks from. But it doesn't add slaves/characters like let's say Bulma from Dragon Ball.

All previous modpacks were already added in-game as part of the vanilla experience as long as the pictures weren't censored (maybe I missed some but that should be marginal) (y)
Ok, thanks for the explanation(y)

Reactions: qwertyu12359

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Yes, I forgot to mention that, she recovered at first, but once I put the rules she couldn't, once she is on feeble again the next day she faints
It wasn't working as intended. I've updated master-ia/master-ia-patch with a fix for this. When I tested with the fix, the slave will now recover after a few days. Once the slave wakes up, though, you'll need to do something to avoid her escaping, trying to suicide or fight you. Fighting you will harm her, suicide obviously the same. I was able to get her back on track by taking her to the spa, giving her some comfortable clothing to wear, and leaving her alone otherwise for a few days. I switched her sleep rule to the bedroll but kept her on supplements. Those rules were not causing the repeated fainting, but having her sleep in your bed isn't good for her mood when she's untrained (when you enable the rule, the in-game description text tells you this, too). So once she wakes up, keeping her with you is just making her more difficult to manage.

Jun 28, 2020
It wasn't working as intended. I've updated master-ia/master-ia-patch with a fix for this. When I tested with the fix, the slave will now recover after a few days. Once the slave wakes up, though, you'll need to do something to avoid her escaping, trying to suicide or fight you. Fighting you will harm her, suicide obviously the same. I was able to get her back on track by taking her to the spa, giving her some comfortable clothing to wear, and leaving her alone otherwise for a few days. I switched her sleep rule to the bedroll but kept her on supplements. but having her sleep in your bed isn't good for her mood when she's untrained (when you enable the rule, the in-game description text tells you this, too). So once she wakes up, keeping her with you is just making her more difficult to manage.
Sure, is just that in hardcore the slaves tend to rebel more and some punishment after a beating... well it's a kinda compelling strat

Those rules were not causing the repeated fainting
It wasn't that??

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Sure, is just that in hardcore the slaves tend to rebel more and some punishment after a beating... well it's a kinda compelling strat
A compelling strategy is one that works, no?

Punishment increases obedience by increasing the slave's fear, if used correctly, but you need to be careful with it. Punishment also impacts the slave's mood, and over time an unhappy slave will lose hope and fall into despair. Punishment effectiveness also depends on the master's skill, and the slave's attributes and traits. There are situations where leaving a slave depressed and miserable can be tactically beneficial, but you'll usually find it much easier to train a slave if you prioritize keeping their mood up, balancing punishments with rewards. Of course, if a slave isn't willing to obey anything, it's difficult to get them to earn merit. But, for most slaves, it doesn't take more than a day or two of effective punishments before you can find something they won't refuse to do. Whether that's a lesson with you, sending them to school, hiring a tutor, having them cook or clean the house (not as a lesson), do gymnastics, etc. Also, keep an eye on the slave's empathy attribute. A slave with high empathy is more prone to despair (as explained in the tutorial and in the help text displayed when you click on the slave's empathy attribute).

It wasn't that??
It was a loop in the recovery logic. When the slave reached D- endurance and woke up, it was dropping her back to F- so she immediately fainted again.

Supplements help, as you correctly thought.

In terms of recovery time, sleeping in bed is no different than sleeping in a bedroll if the slave is unconscious. Sleeping on the floor (without even a bedroll) would slow recovery a bit, as would sleeping in a prison cell (not a surprise, right?).

________

Aug 14, 2018
Hey! So I put in the roadmap that the engine tweaks might have been responsible for the error.

We first want to make sure it's not down to human error. Would you mind downloading the stable version once again:

Then unzip it in a new empty folder, and try to see if the error message is still there.

If there's a small chance that it works... at least you'll be able to play the latest (bestest) version before we delve into the engine tweaks (y)
No.py wouldn't work .. gives me an error 403: Download session invalid

________

Aug 14, 2018
0xc000007b is almost always due to MSVC issues. Install the correct runtimes and make sure you add Windows Media Player...
They're already installed, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling them, qwerty has run me through I think most things we should try, but we just couldn't make it work. Finally, he suggested I try running the 2.1 version and it did launch, so that's what I play in the meantime.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
They're already installed, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling them, qwerty has run me through I think most things we should try, but we just couldn't make it work. Finally, he suggested I try running the 2.1 version and it did launch, so that's what I play in the meantime.
The only difference between 2.2 and 2.1 was the version of MSVC compiled with.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes