ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Looks OK to me. Here's another idea.

Open the Windows event viewer (it's installed already, you don't need to download anything), find the application log that corresponds to your failed attempt to start the game, and see if the "details" tab gives any useful information (for example, which DLL the error occurred in).

________

Aug 14, 2018
Looks OK to me. Here's another idea.

Open the Windows event viewer (it's installed already, you don't need to download anything), find the application log that corresponds to your failed attempt to start the game, and see if the "details" tab gives any useful information (for example, which DLL the error occurred in).
Does this say what the problem is ? Sorry but I don't understand it

1629071693362.png

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Says it's crashing in ntdll. Not helpful, but if you click the details tab at the top of where you circled, does it show anything more specific? Other DLL name?

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
You enabled it, good. Only the first check is needed, but it doesn't hurt to install WMP, though Windows might try to change your file associations. But, I already told you, C drive only. Qt doesn't always like other drives. Works for some, doesn't for others, no rhyme or reason figured yet. There is just something about running software on non-root drives that Qt doesn't agree with, not within JONT's control. I wouldn't manually download dependencies like that. Stick to MSVC installers. It looks like you might have an x86 system and not x64. Windows must be x64, your CPU must be x64.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Gotcha, I'll move it to C
Noted. Thanks bruh
You also need to use x64 Dependency Walker, not x86. (Side Note: x86 is 32-bit, old, x64 is 64-bit, newer, I hate the convention, but I didn't decide upon it, the x86 architects did).

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
You enabled it, good. Only the first check is needed, but it doesn't hurt to install WMP, though Windows might try to change your file associations. But, I already told you, C drive only. Qt doesn't always like other drives. Works for some, doesn't for others, no rhyme or reason figured yet. There is just something about running software on non-root drives that Qt doesn't agree with, not within JONT's control. I wouldn't manually download dependencies like that. Stick to MSVC installers. It looks like you might have an x86 system and not x64. Windows must be x64, your CPU must be x64.
I am positive he has an x64 version of Windows 8.1. He sent a screen of that a few pages ago: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-6330031

Gotcha, I'll move it to C

Noted. Thanks bruh
One thing I'm curious to try...

Have you tried setting up Windows Media Player itself? Like launching it, then starting a music with it? And after doing that, closing it and starting JONT

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I am positive he has an x64 version of Windows 8.1. He sent a screen of that a few pages ago: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-6330031

One thing I'm curious to try...

Have you tried setting up Windows Media Player itself? Like launching it, then starting a music with it? And after doing that, closing it and starting JONT
I'm only at half-attention these days when it comes to the forums because most issues are user-generated, and I don't enjoy repeating the same simple things when Search is available, especially. Windows 7+ now all have the same amount of spying, they should probably just “upgrade” to 10 unless they have driver issues preventing a 10.

So if on 8.1 x64, just needs to install the MSVCs (all, both architectures), WMF-API ("Media Features"), (reboot), keep on C:\, should be fine unless their AV is getting in the way.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I just tried and it still gave the same error.
At this point, being you're the only one with issues like this after installing everything, I'd say try reinstalling Windows. JONT only needs x64, MSVCs, WMF-API, root drive. If those are met, something unique to your situation is the issue.

________

Aug 14, 2018
At this point, being you're the only one with issues like this after installing everything, I'd say try reinstalling Windows. JONT only needs x64, MSVCs, WMF-API, root drive. If those are met, something unique to your situation is the issue.
Makes sense, but not something I could just do at the moment, I need my friend's help for this, hahaha
Probably the earliest I could do this is next weekend.

brlolilover

Apr 22, 2020
Weird phenomena trying to sell to Uncle Bo on this save:
If I just go and sell to him directly and bargain, I get 1296 sparks, with a message saying my charming slave raised the price.
If I take her to the salon beforehand, raising her style and therefore charm, I get 1010 sparks, with a message saying my brand recognition raised the price.

dev version (not -ia)

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes