sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Maybe my test didn't actually run that code correctly. Maybe you can't refer to a label (loop) that is outside a dynamic function from inside a dynamic function? Not quite sure about that. But, you could try moving that line out and see if it works.
Yes you are right, it worked after I pick this line out and put it outside of all dynamic functions.
I need to write dynamic $do_for_each_slave_in_list, '$Rosa_Hymen_Regeneration_Event', '$unfrozen_slave_characters'
in 7 similar code sections now.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I need to write dynamic $do_for_each_slave_in_list, '$Rosa_Hymen_Regeneration_Event', '$unfrozen_slave_characters'
in 7 similar code sections now.
You want $Rosa_Hymen_Regeneration_Event to operate on only one slave per pass through end_day_screen, so it can display the text and image for each one that qualifies.

You could accomplish that by setting a variable to zero before entering the $do_for_each_slave_in_list loop (hymen_regenerate_display_pending = 0), and checking it inside $Rosa_Hymen_Regeneration_Event. if hymen_regenerate_display_pending = 1, $Rosa_Hymen_Regeneration_Event does nothing (until the next pass). Obviously, you need to set it to 1 where it was previously checking the quiet rule.

By the way, having a positive mood for regenerating hymen seems strange to me (from slave's perspective, they have another painful experience to anticipate), and why clear the moodlets for previous defloration? The fact that it regrew doesn't change the past.

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
You want $Rosa_Hymen_Regeneration_Event to operate on only one slave per pass through end_day_screen, so it can display the text and image for each one that qualifies.

You could accomplish that by setting a variable to zero before entering the $do_for_each_slave_in_list loop (hymen_regenerate_display_pending = 0), and checking it inside $Rosa_Hymen_Regeneration_Event. if hymen_regenerate_display_pending = 1, $Rosa_Hymen_Regeneration_Event does nothing (until the next pass). Obviously, you need to set it to 1 where it was previously checking the quiet rule.
If I put all 7 events in one if-end section in end_day_screen, then it's an infinite loop.
If I put "jump 'loop' " in dynamic functions, then it result in a syntax error.
If I set a new loop in end_day_screen which only cycle for 7 times, the "gt $curloc" code will jump out of my new loop, then run into another infinity loop.
So a condition and a "jump 'loop' " should be both in end_day_screen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

By the way, having a positive mood for regenerating hymen seems strange to me (from slave's perspective, they have another painful experience to anticipate), and why clear the moodlets for previous defloration? The fact that it regrew doesn't change the past.
Every moodlet influnces mood by one level directly, if three kinds of moodlet are existing at the same time(that is clearly easy), they have an apparent influnce on slave's mood.
So I don't want them existing at the same time.
If a slave is truly devoted, she feels more of hapiness in defloration despite of pain. That's why I designed a ['pos_defloration']
If I set moodlet values by days remaining, I can reduce the value of ['pos_hymen_regeneration'] to 2 or 3, to show a strange or fresh feeling, or surprise for vagina tightening again. But it won't last long.
Emm...I should set a slave['neg_hymen_regeneration'] when she has an existing ['neg_defloration'], to show her fear for pain.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
If I put all 7 events in one if-end section in end_day_screen, then it's an infinite loop.
If I put "jump 'loop' " in dynamic functions, then it result in a syntax error.
If I set a new loop in end_day_screen which only cycle for 7 times, the "gt $curloc" code will jump out of my new loop, then run into another infinity loop.
So a condition and a "jump 'loop' " should be both in end_day_screen.
I was suggesting a global variable, not a per-dynslave variable. The entire end_day_screen is a loop. So, each time through, you want it to pick one of the unfrozen slaves that qualifies for the regeneration event and has not already been displayed. Once they've been displayed they have also regenerated and therefore no longer qualify. You simply need a short-circuit so that when it finds a qualified slave it doesn't keep going during that pass through the loop, because if you let it continue then it would regenerate all of them but only show one, which is what you don't want.

If a slave is truly devoted, she feels more of hapiness in defloration despite of pain. That's why I designed a ['pos_defloration']
I see.

Every moodlet influnces mood by one level directly, if three kinds of moodlet are existing at the same time(that is clearly easy), they have an apparent influnce on slave's mood.
So I don't want them existing at the same time.
So you're replacing her being happy about having been deflowered with being happy about being able to be deflowered again, because you don't want her to be overall more than one level happier?

About removing the neg_defloration: why does the slave not still feel bad about what happened before? neg_defloration isn't always applied, it already takes into various favors into consideration. Regeneration doesn't change those, from what I can see.

If I set moodlet values by days remaining, I can reduce the value of ['pos_hymen_regeneration'] to 2 or 3, to show a strange or fresh feeling, or surprise for vagina tightening again. But it won't last long.
Emm...I should set a slave['neg_hymen_regeneration'] when she has an existing ['neg_defloration'], to show her fear for pain.
I suggest not adding too many new moodlets, since they do stack as you pointed out. Her fear in this case can be represented by actually increasing her fear, which already has an effect on mood (see $recalc_slave_mood in #static_base). Also note that you can apply temporary mood effects (current day only) by adjusting mood rate.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
I was suggesting a global variable, not a per-dynslave variable. The entire end_day_screen is a loop. So, each time through, you want it to pick one of the unfrozen slaves that qualifies for the regeneration event and has not already been displayed. Once they've been displayed they have also regenerated and therefore no longer qualify. You simply need a short-circuit so that when it finds a qualified slave it doesn't keep going during that pass through the loop, because if you let it continue then it would regenerate all of them but only show one, which is what you don't want.
I don't quite make sense of it. To turn slave['hymen_regeneration_event_flag'] into hymen_regeneration_event_flag['slave']? then I can do initialization with killvar 'hymen_regeneration_event_flag'
Or, just use one variable hymen_regeneration_event_flag to control all 7 events' displaying? how to do that?
Codes I put above have the least codes to run totally as far as I can, but the part in end_day_screen is not simplified.
I wonder if you can adjust the engine, to make it valid to jump to a label that is outside a dynamic function?

So you're replacing her being happy about having been deflowered with being happy about being able to be deflowered again, because you don't want her to be overall more than one level happier?

About removing the neg_defloration: why does the slave not still feel bad about what happened before? neg_defloration isn't always applied, it already takes into various favors into consideration. Regeneration doesn't change those, from what I can see.
I know it's not reasonable enough, but why I insist on designing more moodlets, see next quote below.
['neg_defloration'] is determined by sensitivity、pride、libido and morality. You want me to change it by adjusting these attributes, and let ['neg_defloration'] generates and disappears itself, under no unreasonable disturbation, you want me to calculate the value for ['pos_hymen_regeneration'] with these or some other attributes as well, not by a simple code assignment right?
I haven't decided yet what values should a ['pos_hymen_regeneration'] be equal to, surely they can exist at the same time, or maybe ['neg_defloration'] is lessened by some certain percent due to related body tissue's regeneration.

And the interval between day_last_defloration and day_hymen_regeneration is set among rand[3,5], mainly because that
<<$args[0]>>['neg_defloration'] = 1 + <<$args[0]>>['sensitivity'] + <<$args[0]>>['pride'] - <<$args[0]>>['moral']*2 - <<$args[0]>>['arousal']/5
<<$args[0]>>['pos_defloration'] = -1 + <<$args[0]>>['moral']*2 - <<$args[0]>>['sensitivity'] - <<$args[0]>>['pride'] + <<$args[0]>>['arousal']/5

['neg_defloration'] is usually around 4~5 when she is unshamed already with no morality, and the ['neg_defloration'] disappears after 4~5 days, I design multiple_defloration upon this, to be more reasonable, I need to deflower her again before last moodlet of defloration gone to gain a multiple_deforation_count.
If it takes very long to regenerate a hymen, I can never get multiple_deforation_counts.

At first I didn't set the condition,
Code:
    if <<$args[0]>>['pos_defloration'] > 0 or <<$args[0]>>['neg_defloration'] > 0:
        <<$args[0]>>['defloration_times_cnt'] += 1 & <<$args[0]>>['defloration_times_cnt'] = max(0,min(5,<<$args[0]>>['defloration_times_cnt']))
    end
and then found it very unreasonable. A multiple_defloration moodlet should not exist with any other defloration moodlets.

In general, let ['hymen_regeneration'] moodlets exist with defloration moodlets, and remain values for ['neg_defloration'] and ['pos_defloration'] unchanged, seem to be a good way to coordinate with multiple deforations. The only problem is that the hymen regenerates a bit fast, regeneration interval of which is among [3,5].
What's your idea about it?

I suggest not adding too many new moodlets, since they do stack as you pointed out. Her fear in this case can be represented by actually increasing her fear, which already has an effect on mood (see $recalc_slave_mood in #static_base). Also note that you can apply temporary mood effects (current day only) by adjusting mood rate.
Why I insist on using more moodlets?
Let's begin with an experience of mine. When I'm writting game guides on CN forum, a player come and ask me with a picture:"Why my slave's moral stay unchanged, I gave her good rewards already?"
I saw the picture and response:"Despair 4 and Spoil 5, they decreased moral a lot."
Many players clearly don't konw what they represent for."How to decrease them? I don't know."
"Don't reward her with a higher level than her virtue, it increases spoil, and use 'Put in Place' to reduce spoil."
After some time, he came again:"I tried many times, why it's useless all the time?"
I see it in codes, only to find a variety slave['max_guilt'], it took me a long time to make sense of it, finally I got an answer, it's some impressive memory of effective punishments.
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR PLAYERS TO KNOW HOW TO USE PUT IN PLACE. IT IS USELESS, Right?
It's quite reasonable to add such a variety, I strongly agree with it, but with no feedback, it's severely awful!
Then I told him:"Just reward her with a rest, the garden with level 4! It reduces despair and spoil at the same time. Or you can feed her вода_леты, restart instantly at a cost of 40 intellect rates."
I failed to cast a spell on my slave(because her ego is S+), but I don't know why I failed, and I don't know how to succeed then.
My slave did badly in lessons, but I don't know how to increase her diligence, GOD DAMN IT if I don't see the codes, how do I know wearings have a benefit for lessons, and what clothes have what benefits for what lessons to what degrees?
I began my game guide post with introduction of different attributes, yes I'm doing the same with the operation on clicking the attributes in slave_stat.
The library tells you what "tentacles"、"stars" mean, but don't tell you what custom、instinct、spoil represents for, and what's the difference between despair and fearness, between moral and spoil, between instinct、rational and custom.
There's few feedbacks, even after I introduced attributes in a more detailed way, it 's still far less than enough.

So why I insist on using more moodlets?
Because in my mods, I display moodlets in slave_stat, you can see them clearly, but if I select to use fear, it's more proper, but players gain no feedbacks.
My slave got more fearness and became unhappier, but I don't know why.
In codes above, I highlighted some hints with colors to remind players, but I think it's still not enough, because players may still don't know how to turn it into actions in the game.
Rosa:
Your slave is still recovering, she need some time nourish her body.
Humans are so fragile...
If you dont mind <RED>Overdrawing Her Body</RED>, you can take it into consideration to buy my potions~
ScreenShot00009.png
Rosa:
Want to do some <RED> Forbidden Flesh Modifications </RED> to your slave?
Only can be accessed through me~
Humans are so fragile, that the modification is <RED>Permanent</RED>, think twice please.
If I have <GREED>An Assistant Mastering at Nurse</GREEN>, she can help me to reduce the harm by the modifications.
ScreenShot00010.png

Writing so long in english, I'm exhausted entirely.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
If I want to change the original functions, for example, $vaginally_penetrated in #dynamic, is it better to write it independantly in my new location $Rosa_functions, then overwrite the former one by adding gs '$Rosa_functions' to the end of #dynamic, instead of adding codes in the original functions?
I found that #dynamic is loaded not only once when game loading or starting, but reloaded several times in folder trinity_engine.
Or it's better to create a new location, especially for overwrtting original functions, in order to decrease the amount of codes to run.
ScreenShot00012.png

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
If I want to change the original functions, for example, $vaginally_penetrated in #dynamic, is it better to write it independantly in my new location $Rosa_functions, then overwrite the former one by adding gs '$Rosa_functions' to the end of #dynamic, instead of adding codes in the original functions?
I found that #dynamic is loaded not only once when game loading or starting, but reloaded several times in folder trinity_engine.
Or it's better to create a new location, especially for overwrtting original functions, in order to decrease the amount of codes to run.
If you are maintaining a fork that will ever merge with the main version then it's probably better to change existing code where it is, instead of overwriting. You can use dynamic functions to minimize how many lines you need to insert and to minimize duplication. Easier to compare, that way. Put comments on the lines you add or change, so if the original code also changes it will be easier to see your edits.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I don't quite make sense of it. To turn slave['hymen_regeneration_event_flag'] into hymen_regeneration_event_flag['slave']? then I can do initialization with killvar 'hymen_regeneration_event_flag'
Or, just use one variable hymen_regeneration_event_flag to control all 7 events' displaying? how to do that?
Codes I put above have the least codes to run totally as far as I can, but the part in end_day_screen is not simplified.
I wonder if you can adjust the engine, to make it valid to jump to a label that is outside a dynamic function?
Adjusting the engine to allow that is beyond my knowledge.

Simplified example of what I was suggesting:

end_day_screen:

rosa_regen_found = 0
do_for_each_slave ( regenerate_check )
if rosa_regen_found = 1 and assistant_quiet_mode = 0: jump 'loop'

regenerate_check:
if rosa_regen_found = 0 or assistant_quiet_mode = 1:
if dynslave qualifies:
regenerate
rosa_regen_found = 1
end
end

by adding the regen_found condition, regenerate_check will find the first qualified slave, regenerate, and then stop (unless assistant_quiet_mode is true, in which case we can take care of all the qualified slaves in one pass)

after a slave has regenerated, they no longer qualify, so the next time we call regenerate_check, it will find the next qualified slave, etc.

by the way, you don't need the day_phase check in end_day_screen, because the regeneration does not use energy, so it doesn't have to sometimes wait until morning after the slaves recover energy overnight, like we do for some of the rule activities (cook, clean, etc.).

I know it's not reasonable enough, but why I insist on designing more moodlets, see next quote below.
['neg_defloration'] is determined by sensitivity、pride、libido and morality. You want me to change it by adjusting these attributes, and let ['neg_defloration'] generates and disappears itself, under no unreasonable disturbation, you want me to calculate the value for ['pos_hymen_regeneration'] with these or some other attributes as well, not by a simple code assignment right?
I haven't decided yet what values should a ['pos_hymen_regeneration'] be equal to, surely they can exist at the same time, or maybe ['neg_defloration'] is lessened by some certain percent due to related body tissue's regeneration.
If you add new moodlets of the same type (pos_ or neg_) but cancel the old moodlets when you apply the new ones, that means the slave's mood will be the same, but the explanation text will be different. I'm suggesting that it's usually better to let old moodlets expire naturally instead of cancelling them, unless it really does not make sense for the new moodlet and the old moodlet to coexist.

I think the attribute considerations for neg_defloration currently make sense.

I think you are planning to apply neg_multiple_defloration instead of neg_defloration any time after regeneration. If that is correct, then the only time they would be able to have both moodlets is after the first regeneration. Why can't the slave have both neg_defloration and neg_multiple_defloration at the same time if the timing happens to overlap that one time? neg_defloration is the reaction to the first time defloration. neg_multiple_defloration is the reaction to the one(s) that follow regeneration.

If it takes very long to regenerate a hymen, I can never get multiple_deforation_counts.
Why not just count lifetime total? If it happens every 3 days or every 7 days, is that really going to make a difference in how the slave feels about it?

Why I insist on using more moodlets?
Let's begin with an experience of mine. When I'm writting game guides on CN forum, a player come and ask me with a picture:"Why my slave's moral stay unchanged, I gave her good rewards already?"
I saw the picture and response:"Despair 4 and Spoil 5, they decreased moral a lot."
Many players clearly don't konw what they represent for."How to decrease them? I don't know."
"Don't reward her with a higher level than her virtue, it increases spoil, and use 'Put in Place' to reduce spoil."
After some time, he came again:"I tried many times, why it's useless all the time?"
I see it in codes, only to find a variety slave['max_guilt'], it took me a long time to make sense of it, finally I got an answer, it's some impressive memory of effective punishments.
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR PLAYERS TO KNOW HOW TO USE PUT IN PLACE. IT IS USELESS, Right?
No, it is not useless. It works fine on slaves that take threats seriously and feel the master is stronger than them. The problem was the advice. Don't tell players to blindly do something (if spoiled, use put in place). That is too simplistic. Tell them to try things and pay attention to the results and learn what works in a certain situation. The system is complex, but it is logical. There are multiple ways to deal with everything. If a slave is spoiled, you have to ask why and then stop doing whatever is causing that. If a slave has despair, same thing. What are you doing to them to cause that? Are you enforcing rules that they hate? Are you punishing them a lot? Are they very unhappy? Stop forcing them, punish them less, and find ways to cheer them up.

It's quite reasonable to add such a variety, I strongly agree with it, but with no feedback, it's severely awful!
There is feedback, if you read the text that appears after each action, and if you read the help texts for rules when you enable them, etc. This game expects players to pay attention and read carefully until they know what they are doing.

Then I told him:"Just reward her with a rest, the garden with level 4! It reduces despair and spoil at the same time. Or you can feed her вода_леты, restart instantly at a cost of 40 intellect rates."
That works, but there are many other ways to deal with the situation. Stopping whatever actions are causing the despair and spoil to increase is the main thing that needs to change.

I failed to cast a spell on my slave(because her ego is S+), but I don't know why I failed, and I don't know how to succeed then.
It directly tells you that her will was stronger than your spell. That's a direct hint that it's because of her attributes, specifically her Nature. And, how can you make your spells stronger? Well, if you ever wore a wizard's robe, you would notice that it makes your magic skill stronger. If players don't figure this out, they will sometimes have spell failures, but not always. Hardly the end of the world. Sometimes spell failures are even helpful (slave feels better).

My slave did badly in lessons, but I don't know how to increase her diligence, GOD DAMN IT if I don't see the codes, how do I know wearings have a benefit for lessons, and what clothes have what benefits for what lessons to what degrees?
Why do clothes exist at all? Players should expect that they have a purpose and there is a benefit to using them. The descriptions of the clothes indicate which skills they relate to, and the prices are scaled to the degree of effect. In other words, if two pieces of clothing help the same skill, the more expensive one is better. And, there are plenty of other hints about how to improve diligence or performance. If you read the help text for mood, for example, it says that it is very important. Players who don't already know how things work should spend five minutes to click on the attributes and read the explanations. And read the tutorial lectures, which are also full of hints.

The library tells you what "tentacles"、"stars" mean, but don't tell you what custom、instinct、spoil represents for, and what's the difference between despair and fearness, between moral and spoil, between instinct、rational and custom.
What library? The technosphere data terminal? Information about aura is there, and also in the tutorial lectures.

So why I insist on using more moodlets?
Because in my mods, I display moodlets in slave_stat, you can see them clearly, but if I select to use fear, it's more proper, but players gain no feedbacks.
My slave got more fearness and became unhappier, but I don't know why.
If you ask her how she feels, she says that she's afraid. That is feedback. Why is she unhappy? Because she is afraid. Why is she afraid? That, perhaps, is not always obvious. But, players can observe the change over time and recognize that they did something or something happened to cause that. If the slave was Optimistic before and is Hopeful now, what happened in between?

In codes above, I highlighted some hints with colors to remind players, but I think it's still not enough, because players may still don't know how to turn it into actions in the game.
Rosa:
Your slave is still recovering, she need some time nourish her body.
Humans are so fragile...
If you dont mind <RED>Overdrawing Her Body</RED>, you can take it into consideration to buy my potions~

Rosa:
Want to do some <RED> Forbidden Flesh Modifications </RED> to your slave?
Only can be accessed through me~
Humans are so fragile, that the modification is <RED>Permanent</RED>, think twice please.
If I have <GREED>An Assistant Mastering at Nurse</GREEN>, she can help me to reduce the harm by the modifications.
I appreciate that you are trying to make it easier for players to navigate the game's mechanics, but I think you might be taking it too far. The game already provides plenty of tools for players to figure it out if they pay attention and experiment and learn from their experience. You are teaching your players to expect to have everything explained to them with blatant color-coding, which will lead to more frustration whenever they find something that you haven't simplified for them. The game is designed for players to read carefully, experiment and learn, not just blindly follow a guide or one-size-fits-all script.

Writing so long in english, I'm exhausted entirely.
Thanks for making the effort. I hope it's not too difficult for you to understand my writing.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
So is just a theocracy being a theocracy? well that makes sense too
True. Brainwashing, children abductions... Dunno about the cannibalism, though :unsure:

In regards to monster girls, those in Jofre's can very well come from the medical center - if they can implant harpy cloacas, some horns or cat ears should be child's play. But well, we have Corvus and Camira around, so why not? It'd be fun to raise a slimegirl or a ghoul. I don't think I've read a reason why we don't see genuine beastgirls slaves either.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Right. I meant lore-wise, but code-wise monster girls would imply remaking most of the descriptions; it'd be a pain, especially for the sex.
It's already enough of a pain to fix the A+ quests descriptions and colors... But I'll try and get it done (soon™).

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
What library? The technosphere data terminal? Information about aura is there, and also in the tutorial lectures.
I think I finally find where goes wrong, the translation.
After giving up in sunless sea, I rarely touch games with no any chinese translation.
I appreciate the 大帝国(Grand Empire Translation Group?) and 红枫(author of the modded version jack HF), the former contributed to translation in version 1.7.5, the later took over and kept providing chinese version since version 2.0 till now.

Chinese interpreter 严复 (1854~1921) said, there are three difficulty in translation:
信, faithfulness : To be correct, precise, no-missing, no-digressing, and no increasing or decreasing meanings casually.
达, expressiveness : No limited to the form of original text, translation should be fluent.
雅, elegance : Choose words properly(decently). Persue the elegance of text translated. Then the translation should be concise.

The first to achieve is faithfulness, translation of the game at least guarantees most of the meanings and fluency, but loses emotions、spirits and elegance, some of which do have a problem of translationese.

Texts have fuzzy feedbacks in english, but don't have those in most translation circumstance.
That 's why so many chinese players are confused by everything, even from the very beginning of demo tutorial.
They relies on my guiding post a lot.

The technosphere data terminal is interpreted as Library.
Most names for npcs and places lost their referrence or quotations in history or literary works.

Why do clothes exist at all? Players should expect that they have a purpose and there is a benefit to using them. The descriptions of the clothes indicate which skills they relate to, and the prices are scaled to the degree of effect. In other words, if two pieces of clothing help the same skill, the more expensive one is better. And, there are plenty of other hints about how to improve diligence or performance. If you read the help text for mood, for example, it says that it is very important. Players who don't already know how things work should spend five minutes to click on the attributes and read the explanations. And read the tutorial lectures, which are also full of hints.
I choose one part in where I do not all agree with you(disagree with all? sounds strange)
Sundress and Wedding Dress, Wedding Dress is far more expensive, with a better mood benefits when the slave is more devoted, it's better for daily life.
But if I only need to satisfy the charm demand of a quest, the following suit only needs about 110 sparks in total, including piercing and SPA cost, while a Wedding Dress cost more.
O[NDEN5L%]0[AKLYN~}M{[H.png
Some fuzzy description can increase immersive experiences of a role-playing game to some certain degree. But if you want to go further, for example, challenge yourself with an "ALL F- and 200 sparks" start.
If you know nothing about exact values, then you finally know why there's players die on repayment date.:KEK:
ScreenShot00013.png

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
One thing I have to clarify is, I didn't list all values of this game in my guiding post, that ruins players' game experience.
I just told them in a more detailed way, that how reward or punish interactions work, and what 's the main difference between rewarding with a date with rewarding in an ero treatment, between tutor's ability and slave's diligence.
I told them what's the usage of force_rules button and you need items as a guarantee.
I told them what if slave breaks you rule, and why it's better not to enforce them on despair aspects.
I told them details about nobles' quests, guess what happens when the quest text lacking of information is translated into chinese.
And so on.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I think I finally find where goes wrong, the translation.
Wouldn't it be easier to improve the translation than to redesign the game so that reading is unnecessary? I am not a translator, so I can't really say.

I choose one part in where I do not all agree with you(disagree with all? sounds strange)
Sundress and Wedding Dress, Wedding Dress is far more expensive, with a better mood benefits when the slave is more devoted, it's better for daily life.
But if I only need to satisfy the charm demand of a quest, the following suit only needs about 110 sparks in total, including piercing and SPA cost, while a Wedding Dress cost more.
The wedding dress costs more and is better. Why is that a part where we disagree? None of the clothing is necessary. Using the wedding dress can save time when training a high-level slave, so there is a benefit to justify the cost.

Some fuzzy description can increase immersive experiences of a role-playing game to some certain degree. But if you want to go further, for example, challenge yourself with an "ALL F- and 200 sparks" start.
200 sparks, no points, hard difficulty, is how I always play my own games and how I test the balance.

If you know nothing about exact values, then you finally know why there's players die on repayment date.:KEK:
The loans in 2.2 give extra time compared to older versions.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Wouldn't it be easier to improve the translation than to redesign the game so that reading is unnecessary? I am not a translator, so I can't really say.
Because I'm poor at English! I am not qualified. And translation is a redundant work, I would rather spend time reading codes and designing mods.
I already have over ten thousands of follow-counts on steam workshop mods. Though it's not that many.

The wedding dress costs more and is better. Why is that a part where we disagree? None of the clothing is necessary. Using the wedding dress can save time when training a high-level slave, so there is a benefit to justify the cost.
Ok my fault, style_plus is not a skill lol. I read most of the game's codes, I always agress with you, codes are designed really considerately. Even some understandings of this game is gotten by codes to me.
But I still don't have a clear understanding of "custom"、"rational" and "instinct".
Slave gain "custom" usually after she was enforced to do something, especially in unwillingness, she is more accustomed to it now. So do we :KEK:
Slave gain "rational" usually after rewarded、punished properly, or caught、starved, she knows more about herself and her status now, with her wise mind.
Slave gain "instinct" usually after accepted some trains or rules which may be refused or even resisted, she is domesticated now
Slave gain "moral" usually after treated properly and very well, you care about her, she has Stockholm syndrome now, she regards you as her will to survive, she shows affection to you, but once you don't love her, this love will turn into hate.
Am I understanding correctly?

200 sparks, no points, hard difficulty, is how I always play my own games and how I test the balance.
Yes it's needed to be done under test.

The loans in 2.2 give extra time compared to older versions.
But the time cost on training is longer too.

What if I design something about slave's pregnancy? my friend always wants me to design some contents related to pregnancy and incest, and the shorten-pregnancy potion, the grow-up-faster potion.:WaitWhat:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Why not just count lifetime total? If it happens every 3 days or every 7 days, is that really going to make a difference in how the slave feels about it?
['multiple_deflorations'] moodlets are further extension upon moodlets "defloration".
You felt painful because of defloration, but after a period, you feel painful again.
You felt painful, and it still hurts now, then your hymen regenerates, you know you are enduring more of pain upon present because this has happened for not only once.
And you are afraid of pain! (masochism = -1)
Code:
<<$args[0]>>_rate['rational'] += 10 &! Because of knowing it's unstoppable for this time and future as well
<<$args[0]>>_rate['custom'] += 10 &! Because of unwillingness
<<$args[0]>>_rate['moral'] += -5 &! Because of hate
<<$args[0]>>['fear'] += 1 + <<$args[0]>>['defloration_times_cnt']/5 &! Because of fear for pain
<<$args[0]>>['masochism_xp'] += 2 * <<$args[0]>>['defloration_times_cnt']/5 &! Slowly accustomed to pain
<<$args[0]>>['max_guilt'] = 2 &!Severe pain impress her greatly.
You felt happy through defloration because of devotion and sexual pleasure.(masochism = 2)
After a period of time, you feel happy again.
But now the feeling still remains, you know you're going to experience this wonderful feeling agin.
Code:
<<$args[0]>>_rate['moral'] += 10 &! Devotion
<<$args[0]>>_rate['instinct'] += 10 &! Willingness
<<$args[0]>>['mood'] += 1 &! Happy
<<$args[0]>>['nymphomania_xp'] += (1 + <<$args[0]>>['arousal']/5) * <<$args[0]>>['defloration_times_cnt']/5 &! More excited and enjoyable
So I think I need the condition

if <<$args[0]>>['pos_defloration'] > 0 or <<$args[0]>>['neg_defloration'] > 0:

Jun 28, 2020
Complexity. They exist in lore, but are not playable because the game is not designed for them, and it would take a lot of work to add them correctly.
Right. I meant lore-wise, but code-wise monster girls would imply remaking most of the descriptions; it'd be a pain, especially for the sex.
It's already enough of a pain to fix the A+ quests descriptions and colors... But I'll try and get it done (soon™).
Yep, just thinking about writing the whole "tell me about your past" scripts for each species gives me nausea:sick:

• Haha
Reactions: sandsea_urchin

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
But I still don't have a clear understanding of "custom"、"rational" and "instinct".
Slave gain "custom" usually after she was enforced to do something, especially in unwillingness, she is more accustomed to it now. So do we :KEK:
Slave gain "rational" usually after rewarded、punished properly, or caught、starved, she knows more about herself and her status now, with her wise mind.
Slave gain "instinct" usually after accepted some trains or rules which may be refused or even resisted, she is domesticated now
Slave gain "moral" usually after treated properly and very well, you care about her, she has Stockholm syndrome now, she regards you as her will to survive, she shows affection to you, but once you don't love her, this love will turn into hate.
Am I understanding correctly?
Custom = habit. Habitual obedience. It doesn't matter if she does it willingly or not. If she did it once, she has less resistance to doing it again.
Rational = awareness. Rational obedience. She decides after thinking about the pros and cons, that it will be better if she obeys.
Instinct = taming. Instinctive submission. When the master commands, she immediately feels that she must obey. Before thinking about it.
Moral = devotion. In the tutorial it is described as "slave morality" or "loyalty" and it is unclear if it is based on real psychology (e.g. Stockholm syndrome). Morality is value judgment about behavior (good/bad, right/wrong, proper/improper). With a "slave morality", the slave increases the importance of the master in those value judgments. Instead of deciding what is good by "is it good for me?" the slave decides by "is it good for master?"

I don't know where you got the idea about "love will turn into hate." In JONT, a devoted slave is still devoted (either to you personally, or to whoever is their current master) after you sell them; they have internalized the idea that obeying their master is the most important thing.

But the time cost on training is longer too.
Did you measure it?

What if I design something about slave's pregnancy? my friend always wants me to design some contents related to pregnancy and incest, and the shorten-pregnancy potion, the grow-up-faster potion.:WaitWhat:
We have some ideas about this on the roadmap. It's controversial because there is some lore that says that babies born in Rome do not have souls unless special rituals are performed, and the Vatican has a monopoly on them. Also, we never see babies, so we don't know if the Vatican actually has such rituals or is just disposing of the babies somehow. Since the Vatican creates sparks every day and gives them to the praetors of each of the great houses, who knows, maybe babies are part of a necromantic soul-harvesting ritual that produces the sparks? Point is, you can't just say "here, babies, enjoy" -- it has to fit with the existing story somehow.

Reactions: sandsea_urchin

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Custom = habit
Rational = awareness
Instinct = taming
Moral = devotion
Allow me to elaborate.
Habit: Pavlov's dog. Force a routine into her, and she'll be willing to repeat it. A -> B.
Awareness: logics. She'll look for ways to get the praise, not the whip nor the prison cell.
Taming: as in training cattle/dogs. She'll look up and obey who's stronger, who's asserted dominance over her. Animalistically.
Devotion: like a wife. A wife is unlikely to respect a good-for-nothing, but will be devoted to a charismatic, strong man who is consistent with his promises, and who "judges her right". Yakuza-style, if the wife analogy doesn't sit right with you.

That's the best part of Jo9, on par if not better than the Era trainers. Mechanics are certainly less complicated than an actual human mind and its idiosyncracies/complexity, but the system really comes close.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes