sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Meh, I hate double posting...

ImperatorAugustusTertius
The "if cow['stamina'] = 5: $csell_stamina" message overflows a bit - "bonus." is cut off in cow_price. The line before [Jarik] is probably the reason.
'A shame to shut her in a barn, but still a nice bonus.' - should be enough.

Anyway, here's the stuff. I've edited the #npc_base.qsrc from master-ia-patch. Mostly font colors to fit the correct skill/attribute rank, along with a (very) few typos/rewording. I hope I haven't broken anything; I used notepad++, in case I did something wrong with the file type. And sorry, I don't have a working Git account.
Maybe I'll get around adding a line with Master commenting 'Considering the client, they must expect a Pretty, Mysterious, Slender and Tough slave. I will have to make sure she is Charming enough for the sale.'. No promise. :censored:

notes: TIAMAT - was asking for 'art' instead of 'music'. It was also unclear A+ Alchemy and Witchcraft were required.
I tried to clarify other cases here and there, where I thought it mattered; as few as possible. I hope this'll be useful.

edit: line 1463 'one of my more… repugnant platoons' should be 'one of my more… unsavory platoons'. The word dawned upon me a tad late. :mad:

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Is there nothing else to the story after you get the sister to join you?

That 1 request I have not done and will not do about the kidnapping of the daughter of the brother.
Nope no way will I be apart of that.

But other than that I have done all quest up to that point, is there anything else in the game?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

Another thing you can do is start a new game as the Old Man with the loli patch. He has libido difficulties. Make sure you are using the latest 2.2.1.
I understand the "That's all folks" but its the pic not showing up is what I was talking about.
missing pic.jpg

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Not sure why that is. It shows up for me.
Hell in firefox its missing even more. firefox is missing more.jpg

I just downloaded Firefox and this is what has happen to yours and my post.

ADD: Since there is no real story here and it goes against my values this will be the last time I will play it, was only playing to get the incest part anyway and had to do things outside of my normal boundaries.
Good luck on it and have fun.

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
What does this mean?
Code:
$replace($mood_description['neg_pain'],'dyn'+'slave','dynslave')
And what is the difference between
Code:
$text = $replace($mood_description['neg_pain'],'dynslave','slave')

dynamic "$text = '" + $replace($mood_description['neg_pain'],'dynslave','slave') + "'"
And why do I failed in removing name codes in mood_description in $recalc_slave_mood
Code:
DISABLESUBEX = 1
$dynslave_bad_mood_list[dynslave['bad_mood_cnt']] = $replace($mood_description[$curmod],'  [<<$dynslave_name>>]<br>','')
DISABLESUBEX = 0

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
What does this mean?
Code:
$replace($mood_description['neg_pain'],'dyn'+'slave','dynslave')
When this line of code runs, dynslave has already been replaced. In the neg_pain mood description, this is replacing the substring 'dynslave' ('dyn'+'slave') with the string that has replaced dynslave.

And what is the difference between
Code:
$text = $replace($mood_description['neg_pain'],'dynslave','slave')

dynamic "$text = '" + $replace($mood_description['neg_pain'],'dynslave','slave') + "'"
This dynamic construction evaluates any << >> sub-expressions in the text.

And why do I failed in removing name codes in mood_description in $recalc_slave_mood
Code:
DISABLESUBEX = 1
$dynslave_bad_mood_list[dynslave['bad_mood_cnt']] = $replace($mood_description[$curmod],'  [<<$dynslave_name>>]<br>','')
DISABLESUBEX = 0
Try this: $dynslave_bad_mood_list[dynslave['bad_mood_cnt']] = $mid($mood_description[$curmod], 26) &! remove first 26 characters

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
This is be my first playthrough. Should I install " " or Sex and normal scenes replacement pack? What do you recommend?
I do not recommend using the image replacement pack. It is out of date.

It's up to you if you want to use the content restoration patch or not. But, do not use the lewdpatcher version.

Either way, I recommend getting the latest version, 2.2.1, a.k.a. the Dev' version. Download instructions can be found here:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
When this line of code runs, dynslave has already been replaced. In the neg_pain mood description, this is replacing the substring 'dynslave' ('dyn'+'slave') with the string that has replaced dynslave.
Variables in a function can only be changed when the function is called.
So, if I replaced 'dynslave' before, 'assistant' for example, I actually am replacing 'dyn'+'slave' with 'assistant'.
To write dynslave in the form 'dyn'+'slave' is because 'dynslave' is occupied by 'assistant' now, right?
Then I have another question now, I have seen the expression "if 'dynslave' = 'cow'" in the codes, but I don't understand, how can a string rather than a $variable be equal to another string in an if-condition?

This dynamic construction evaluates any << >> sub-expressions in the text.
But without dynamic, <<>> sub-expression is evaluted as well, unless there is a "DISABLESUBEX = 1" before.
For example, msg '<<$slave_name>>'

In my understanding, dynamic is mainly used for spliced variable.
dynamic "<<$args[0]>>_name" for instance.

Try this: $dynslave_bad_mood_list[dynslave['bad_mood_cnt']] = $mid($mood_description[$curmod], 26) &! remove first 26 characters
It worked well, thank you!

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
ADD: Since there is no real story here and it goes against my values
A bit unfair. I say, there's much more story and lore building here than in, say, Strive - where MC comes out of nowhere without a decent explanation. Choices for oneself are also close to nonexistent. Displaced had it better.
You were advised to try out the impotent guy, not as a demeaning joke, but because he had special gimmicks related to his... condition.
I'll agree stronger MC story/questlines would be nice, or more revelations about the actual background, but that's a lot of writing to do. The game focuses on the creepy lore and the intricate mechanics, after all. MC has little choice but to follow the allowed path, or die painfully (at best).

Lastly, I'm not sure sure exactly who on Earth would have values not against the game's... This is a work of fiction. Keep in mind the 'good end' for a slave here, is being content and happy with her condition; your goal, and a form of brainwashing, maybe, but the alternatives are terrifying.
I'll underline, our slaves in our world, even long after the fall of Rome, just a few generations ago, seldom found the right for such happy end. Cruelty is relative; the humans you and me know can prove to be scarier and more ruthless than fog fiends.

That said, I also find the game, arousing only in the intellectual sense. I have no idea how slave trainer games with generic characters could do any better, tbh. Still adequate for NNN, and challenge lovers in general :LOL:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
A bit unfair. I say, there's much more story and lore building here than in, say, Strive - where MC comes out of nowhere without a decent explanation. Choices for oneself are also close to nonexistent. Displaced had it better.
You were advised to try out the impotent guy, not as a demeaning joke, but because he had special gimmicks related to his... condition.
I'll agree stronger MC story/questlines would be nice, or more revelations about the actual background, but that's a lot of writing to do. The game focuses on the creepy lore and the intricate mechanics, after all. MC has little choice but to follow the allowed path, or die painfully (at best).

Lastly, I'm not sure sure exactly who on Earth would have values not against the game's... This is a work of fiction. Keep in mind the 'good end' for a slave here, is being content and happy with her condition; your goal, and a form of brainwashing, maybe, but the alternatives are terrifying.
I'll underline, our slaves in our world, even long after the fall of Rome, just a few generations ago, seldom found the right for such happy end. Cruelty is relative; the humans you and me know can prove to be scarier and more ruthless than fog fiends.

That said, I also find the game, arousing only in the intellectual sense. I have no idea how slave trainer games with generic characters could do any better, tbh. Still adequate for NNN, and challenge lovers in general :LOL:
The story about the incest not the whole game in of itself.
There is no story after your sister shows up.
Incest games is what I am looking for with a story to go along with the incest like romance, love and so on.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
So, if I replaced 'dynslave' before, 'assistant' for example, I actually am replacing 'dyn'+'slave' with 'assistant'.
To write dynslave in the form 'dyn'+'slave' is because 'dynslave' is occupied by 'assistant' now, right?
Correct.

Then I have another question now, I have seen the expression "if 'dynslave' = 'cow'" in the codes, but I don't understand, how can a string rather than a $variable be equal to another string in an if-condition?
This code assumes that dynslave will be replaced already when the comparison happens.

But without dynamic, <<>> sub-expression is evaluted as well, unless there is a "DISABLESUBEX = 1" before.
For example, msg '<<$slave_name>>'

In my understanding, dynamic is mainly used for spliced variable.
dynamic "<<$args[0]>>_name" for instance.
When a string is constructed, sub-expressions are evaluated. But if a string has already been constructed with DISABLESUBEX (example: mood descriptions with <<dynslave_name>>), then you need to construct a new string when you want to evaluate the sub-expressions later. dynamic runs whatever string you give it, so it allows you to do interesting things like taking the contents of an existing string and expanding it to create a new string with the same contents. Spliced variables are just one example. I encourage you to experiment with it.

Last edited:

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Can't download L. Patch right now, shows error when I enter the site. Hope it's temporary.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes