ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Does a purchased fog fiend pay for itself by the fiend cum alone or not?
Easily.

Do residents only buy 1 slave forever?
Yes (direct sale). They may buy more from you through the guild auctions.

For turning in contract slaves, how is their quality determined? How much does it matter? Would removing a scar I added be worth it? I think it costs 5$
Quality is rating offset by despair and physical damage. The penalty for scarring is 20 sparks per level.

Just thought I post this, can't read what is says.
Thanks. Fixed now on master-ia(-patch). [also fixed King Arboreus' request, thanks sarnee]

What about ingredients for potions? And under this configuration, if I send my valiant slave to adventure in Fogs, then she takes some ingredients back, is it reasonable?
It's not explicitly stated but I would think ingredients are also imported. There are regular imports from other worlds connected through the Fogs. The paths also change - the Fogs are not static. You couldn't have a farm "in" the Fogs, but you could have a farm on a world that is reachable through the Fogs. Note that when you go to fight Fogs monsters, you don't actually enter the Fogs, you just patrol along the edge. Entering the Fogs risks transporting to another world, and you might not be able to find your way back (reaching the Eternal Rome purposefully from another world requires preparation and skill in magic). So, sending your slave to the Fogs = she might die, or she might get lost and never come back.

No, it's conceptionally set for others, not for yourself to challenge. Winning a match can gain fame, it's reasonable, winning trainning match against other slaver or their slaves as a sparring partner gain fame slowly, that's my idea, maybe I should design more professional function for her, not only play as a coach.
Keep in mind sparring slaves die very often. Arena slaves too.

Learning form class is different from learning from practice or work.
We can design a new system: Gain job proficiency from their occupation, and that make sense.
Learning from class is effective, but with less job proficiency, the other is on the contrary. There should be a limited skill level that new slave can obtain, the level is determined by the ability of your coach slave.
Why bother? I want to give players a feeling that, slaves I trained with high moral, they really do benefits for me, it worked. I get more convenience from my former slaves, I get cured for free because there's a nurse loyal to me, I train new artist more easily, because my former singer taught her some base music theory.
Seems to me this is already in the game (assistant trains slave), but you want to make it more of an automated activity that you set up once and it just keeps running. The current system costs energy of the assistant when training the slave, so if you're automating it, keep that in mind.

It's not a good idea to let new slave defeat her, because if I do so, the champion title belongs to me forever.
Use some pseudo random function to choose the enemy who challange your champion, for example:
3 days before arena day, do

champion_index = 1 + ((48271 * (day)) mod 65537)/(65537/5)
arena_enemy = champion_absolute[champion_index]

then you cannot change your enemy simply through loading, so you may fail in the match.
(y) Making opponent selection deterministic is a good idea.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
What about ingredients for potions?
Keep in mind there's something very, very wrong with fertility in Rome.
"God rarely allows new souls to appear right in Rome. Especially since this is not possible without special rituals. "

Following my earlier reasoning - that most if not all animals probably become infertile in Rome - it would be quite logical for plants to also become infertile. Hence the food issue: they can't reproduce.
Reagents are probably an exception. I don't know about fairies, but resin and datura can come from trees (which wouldn't need to sprout other saplings).

In short, you'll probably want your lore to have a strong explanation. If your 'shop' is in the Fog, very difficult to access and somewhere like "in-between worlds", maybe Rome's rules apply to a lesser extent.
You'd also have to explain why the fiends would stay away (Rome has complicated enchantments to ward them off), and why the shop stays in a place connected to Rome.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
It's not explicitly stated but I would think ingredients are also imported. There are regular imports from other worlds connected through the Fogs. The paths also change - the Fogs are not static. You couldn't have a farm "in" the Fogs, but you could have a farm on a world that is reachable through the Fogs. Note that when you go to fight Fogs monsters, you don't actually enter the Fogs, you just patrol along the edge. Entering the Fogs risks transporting to another world, and you might not be able to find your way back (reaching the Eternal Rome purposefully from another world requires preparation and skill in magic). So, sending your slave to the Fogs = she might die, or she might get lost and never come back.

Keep in mind sparring slaves die very often. Arena slaves too.
Okay, I'll take this in consideration.
In fact, I always regard the game lore as a simple magic world, an isolated magic united kindom ruled by the pope just like the medieval kindom. You use PUA treatments to train slaves for your purpose, bishop_molaru use his word to whitewash his dirty and perverted lust.
Dialogues between you and npcs happen rarely, where the game can further impress players about its lore.
It's you that told so much about the game's background story and settings to me rather than the game itself. I know well about ancient Chinese history, but little about western history. I do not even know that slaves in arena die often lol. Dynasties in ancient China are non-state-religious centralized all the time.

Seems to me this is already in the game (assistant trains slave), but you want to make it more of an automated activity that you set up once and it just keeps running. The current system costs energy of the assistant when training the slave, so if you're automating it, keep that in mind.
I'm considering to reverse this design, but it should be mainly focused on what a trained slave can do, rather than teaching a new slave automatically.
I still regard selling most of my slave as an alternative measure when there's no enough content about usage of these slaves.

Sending a slave to patrol along the edge is still under consideration, but before designing this part, you take the risk patrolling along the edge, and then only take back a slave with better attributes, while you can search for a slave through master_skups, even the fire staff is used in mist combats mainly, I think that the slave sent by me or I myself, should bring back more precious or unique things under the risk of death.
I won't say that Rosa created a protal between rome and another world with different game lore, it's creating jack-o-nine-tails 2.0 lol.

Another question about this psuedo random number.
((48271 * x) mod 65537)/(65537/n)
48271 / 65537 =0.1 * (7 + 0.33 + 0.0355……)
7 * x reorganize [0,9] to [0,7,4,1,8,5,2,9,6,3]
0.1 * 0.33 make a carry about every 30 indexs
0.1 * 0.0355 make a carry about every 300 indexs
the carry is abandoned by 'mod', then we get a sequence of evenly distributed values in [0,1) as long as the index x is enough big.
I calculated result of ((48271 * x) mod 65537)/(65537/10) from x = 1 to a million, the probability density result also met my expectations.
So, I wonder why it's 48271 and 65537?
48276 and 65537 simulates better, 7366 and 9999 seem okey as well.

Jun 28, 2020
Sorry but I didn't make sense of "club bifrost vibes".
Ah, it's another game, a brothel management one but with monster girls, maybe you should give it a try
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Finding artwork is not impossible, as long as you search in some game CGs.
There are some issues that I can see would come up with such mod, first, the only games with monster girls that I know are club bifrost and monster girl quest, of those not every girl is naked in order to take the CG from, having the monster girls with clothes while still having the normal human slaves naked won't fit so that puts a limit from the start, that limit could be surpased by adding some other girls that aren't from games like the monster musume anime where there is plenty of fan art, next how many monster girls could be included? 50? 100? 200? adding too few will make the mod feel pointless because there won't be variety, (I mean they're supposed to be rare but not that rare) while the more you add a new issue starts to show up, in jack o nine tails it could be said that there are 3 classes of slaves, young, mature and loli in the loli version, adding "monster girl" as a new "class" maybe won't work cause a slime girl is very different from a succubus or a spider girl and their artwork would be very different between them... well maybe that could be solved the same way it's solved for human slaves, like how their pictures are called young_brown_longhair.png there could be something like monster_lamia_pink.png, but the point is, artwork would be needed for the spider, the slime, the lamia, the succubus, the cow, the cat, the demon, the angel, the centaur... and for each maybe there would be a need for having the artwork not only for their race but their color too, that really puts a limit to the generic artwork cause maybe there won't be generic artwork at all, you can make a picture of a loli singing without showing her hair as a generic pic for all the loli slaves singing, but the same doesn't apply to a spider painting without showing her head
Then lorewise... maybe that's not a big issue given that the fogs connect to other worlds, would it be too much to say that it also connects to worlds that have monster girls? how about explaining how you are supposed to train a monster girl that should be way stronger than several humans combined? well the same excuse used in bifrost could be used here, the monster girls where defeated of just captured and a magic seal was put on them that reduces their magical and physical strength to those of a single human woman, and some new clients could be included that look for certain types of monster girls.
BUT THEN THERE IS OTHER ISSUE, how do you have anal sex with a lamia or a mermaid? maybe some of the training options are not suitable for a monster girl as they are for humans

The main thing to consider is what I design this for, turning a npc especially with occupation into slave also have many thing to do. What if you sold the npc in auction lol?
If I merely added several sex pics which belong only to one specific npc, and presenting them in several events, it may be far less playable than training a slave.
Uh yeah, it looks nice as a side quest, I really like the potion store idea, like come on, there should be a potion store in the vanilla game, with a high cost of course enough to make you think if you should buy a potion because you absolutely need it early on until you get a slave with the skills enough to make it manually and cheaper.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
It's you that told so much about the game's background story and settings to me rather than the game itself. I know well about ancient Chinese history, but little about western history. I do not even know that slaves in arena die often lol. Dynasties in ancient China are non-state-religious centralized all the time.
Yes, the game is light on exposition. If you go around and talk to everyone, you can pick up a lot of hints. Also some of the help texts, for example the importing of fresh food is mentioned when you enable the fresh food diet for a slave. Also you can read the background details shown about some of the NPCs when you are talking to them.

Another question about this psuedo random number.
((48271 * x) mod 65537)/(65537/n)
48271 / 65537 =0.1 * (7 + 0.33 + 0.0355……)
7 * x reorganize [0,9] to [0,7,4,1,8,5,2,9,6,3]
0.1 * 0.33 make a carry about every 30 indexs
0.1 * 0.0355 make a carry about every 300 indexs
the carry is abandoned by 'mod', then we get a sequence of evenly distributed values in [0,1) as long as the index x is enough big.
I calculated result of ((48271 * x) mod 65537)/(65537/10) from x = 1 to a million, the probability density result also met my expectations.
So, I wonder why it's 48271 and 65537?
48276 and 65537 simulates better, 7366 and 9999 seem okey as well.
If I recall, I picked 48271 because it is a large prime number. I didn't do a detailed analysis of the distribution.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
BUT THEN THERE IS OTHER ISSUE, how do you have anal sex with a lamia or a mermaid? maybe some of the training options are not suitable for a monster girl as they are for humans
You mean, vaginal. Few animals lack an orifice to expel excrements, however vaginas are specific to mammals.
Either way, monster girls would be prolly regarded as food, cattle at best. This Rome is inspired on the latest decades of our Rome, where decadence hit such a peak that 90+% childbirths were from slaves - and I don't just mean the females. As if another (senatorial) species trampled over the cattle called humans, undeserving even for their genes.

Jun 28, 2020
You mean, vaginal. Few animals lack an orifice to expel excrements, however vaginas are specific to mammals.
Didn't know that, but that may be the case in real life, in other games (where some of the artwork could come from) happens something kinda the opposite, there is artwork of humans having sex with... let's say a mermaid for instance, and the mermaid has a vagina to do so, in club bifrost there is even artwork of them laying eggs from there, but there is not artwork (or at least I haven't seen it yet) of a mermaid having "anal sex", same with lamias and so on, so the issue is the lack of artwork in that regard to the point of having to skip some options in the training system due to how unique some of the monster girls are compared to human slaves, some lack arms or legs which could interfere in dancing or painting, that kind of stuff

Either way, monster girls would be prolly regarded as food, cattle at best.
But that's exactly how some slaves are treated in the game xD there is a farm to milk them and you can butcher them for meat or money too

This Rome is inspired on the latest decades of our Rome, where decadence hit such a peak that 90+% childbirths were from slaves - and I don't just mean the females. As if another (senatorial) species trampled over the cattle called humans, undeserving even for their genes.
Uhh like demons or aliens? never thought about it in that way, the official lore doesn't explain that so in that regard is kinda lacking but from that viewpoint a lot of things make sense now

yasashimasanto

Feb 24, 2021
Is it not possible to load into pre loli patch saves after installing the loli patch into the game? Put off downloading it until now and after patching it in and trying to load any save files from the main menu it just stays on the main menu screen while quickloading just makes the ui disappear.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
I put the codes in end_day_screen, the event shows successfully
ScreenShot00007.png
But when I put the same codes in a function $Rosa_Hymen_Regeneration_Event.
I called it in function $Rosa_End_Day_Event_Phase_Two.
But when I call the function in end_day_screen, it failed to display.
It happens when codes run by "if assistant_quiet_rule = 0: jump 'loop' ", because msg text on last line is displayed.
What caused the matter? why it didn't jump to end_day_screen displaying part.
I checked $curloc as well, it's end_day_screen.
ScreenShot00008.png

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Uhh like demons or aliens? never thought about it in that way, the official lore doesn't explain that so in that regard is kinda lacking but from that viewpoint a lot of things make sense now
I'll strongly disagree. Nevermind the Vatican, the Holy See itself was founded centuries later. Point being, decadent Rome plus a strong monetheist belief/power, would make Hitler look like an harmless toddler. We can assume Jo9's Rome has been standing for over a century (and was obviously built in more than a day, back to when it had access to non-fog ressources), so the information about the whys and hows would naturally be heavily restricted.
The lore makes a great deal of sense, and would be a very logical view of human behaviour in similar circumstances. Russian roads excluded. Russian roads are the Devil.

Jun 28, 2020
Either way, monster girls would be prolly regarded as food, cattle at best.
Hol up, I just remembered, in the salon of madame Jofre there are two "exotic" options, well, technically 3 but 2 of those are non humans, one is with a fox girl and the other option is with... succs or demons not sure, so demihumans as slaves is actually canon

yasashimasanto

Feb 24, 2021
Is it not possible to load into pre loli patch saves after installing the loli patch into the game? Put off downloading it until now and after patching it in and trying to load any save files from the main menu it just stays on the main menu screen while quickloading just makes the ui disappear.
Ah nevermind, just needed to toggle the ignore version check when loading in the options

Jun 28, 2020
I'll strongly disagree. Nevermind the Vatican, the Holy See itself was founded centuries later. Point being, decadent Rome plus a strong monetheist belief/power, would make Hitler look like an harmless toddler. We can assume Jo9's Rome has been standing for over a century (and was obviously built in more than a day, back to when it had access to non-fog ressources), so the information about the whys and hows would naturally be heavily restricted.
The lore makes a great deal of sense, and would be a very logical view of human behaviour in similar circumstances. Russian roads excluded. Russian roads are the Devil.
So is just a theocracy being a theocracy? well that makes sense too

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I put the codes in end_day_screen, the event shows successfully
Works for me if I put the code at the top of end_day_screen and add Rosa_end_day_event_to_display_phase_two = 3 - end_day_phase to trigger it.

A blank screen like that usually happens when you have a syntax error. All of the code that you quoted was OK, did you change anything else? Where in end_day_screen did you put the if statement? And where do you set the variable Rosa_end_day_event_to_display_phase_two?

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
A blank screen like that usually happens when you have a syntax error. All of the code that you quoted was OK, did you change anything else? Where in end_day_screen did you put the if statement? And where do you set the variable Rosa_end_day_event_to_display_phase_two?
I set the variable Rosa_end_day_event_to_display_phase_two in next_day, variatives are always calculated in next_day before end_day_screen right?
In end_day_screen I do put the if statement, to avoid a infinite code loop.

Code:
if Rosa_end_day_event_to_display_phase_two = 3 - end_day_phase:
    dynamic $Rosa_End_Day_Event_Phase_Two
    Rosa_end_day_event_to_display_phase_two = 0
end
Code:
$Rosa_End_Day_Event_Phase_Two = {
    !Hymen_regeneration part
    dynamic $do_for_each_slave_in_list, '$Rosa_Hymen_Regeneration_Event', '$unfrozen_slave_characters'
}
Code:
$Rosa_Next_Day_Attributes_Recalc = {
    !To avoid infinite cycle in end day screen
    Rosa_end_day_event_to_display_phase_one = 2
    Rosa_end_day_event_to_display_phase_two = 1
    !Moodlets
    !Codes of Moodlets
}

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Works for me if I put the code at the top of end_day_screen and add Rosa_end_day_event_to_display_phase_two = 3 - end_day_phase to trigger it.

It works for me too, if I replace the "dynslave" with "slave" and then put the codes in end_day_screen, with a condition of phase check.
But after i transferred the codes in a function, it went wrong
Even msg '<<$dynslave_name>>的处女膜恢复了,但未成功显示' was run successfully, so it can only be the matter with this line
if assistant_quiet_rule = 0: jump 'loop'

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Is it expected that when you have anal sex with an assistant, the slave also gets dirtied?
Good catch. Fixed now. Also fixed a similar mistake with threesomes when you don't have two slaves.

It works for me too, if I replace the "dynslave" with "slave" and then put the codes in end_day_screen, with a condition of phase check.
But after i transferred the codes in a function, it went wrong
Even msg '<<$dynslave_name>>的处女膜恢复了,但未成功显示' was run successfully, so it can only be the matter with this line
if assistant_quiet_rule = 0: jump 'loop'
Maybe my test didn't actually run that code correctly. Maybe you can't refer to a label (loop) that is outside a dynamic function from inside a dynamic function? Not quite sure about that. But, you could try moving that line out and see if it works.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes