ForgottenNote

Jan 25, 2020
Trained this for Tiamat, but she's refusing to take the slave. Based on her request, the slave would req S in Empathy, Maid, Nurse, Singing and Pet plus B in either Xeno or Pene, the text isn't clear. Checked wiki, according to it the B needs to be in Xeno and there might be a mistake that she wants painter rather than singing? Is that why she's being refused or am I missing something?

Other stuff:
When a slave dies to a tentacle infestation, the slaver gets a negative moodlet. It lasts for a really long time. As a fail state for losing a slave this makes sense. But when you want to get a spawn, it seems a bit strange, considering what other kinds of immoral stuff you get to without feeling guilty. Could maybe make the moodlet a bit shorter in duration.

Could maybe expand what gets rid of the bored moodlet. Should be non sex, but maybe include beach and restaurant dates. At least looked to me that only theater one worked for it? Arena events and the club work too, but one is time gated and the second is rep gated. Are there some other ways to get rid of it? Maybe drinking could do it, at least if you go to an excess.

If slave has five merit and you fail to cast Delikacia, the slave retains the 5 merit. If slave has five guilt and you fail to cast Cruciato, the slave loses guilt. Maybe should be one way or the other? I prefer how it works with Delikacia.

How do cookies in dungeon work? I train two slaves at once, one in the dungeon and I was trying to fatten the dungeon one. But if I had her on cookies, she had 0 calories on day start and then if I did anything to her, she's lose weight. Seems like the weight rating went up when I did nothing with her though.

Another problem with the double training, which works well otherwise, is the negative moodlet the slaves get from the dungeon. Could maybe add a modification from the realtor that makes the dungeon a second boudoir or at least mitigates the negative moodlet in case you want it to be a more positive environment.

Mentioned earlier that licking training pictures aren't showing up with young black haired slaves. Add young and brown, mature and pink and juvinile green.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Trained this for Tiamat, but she's refusing to take the slave. Based on her request, the slave would req S in Empathy, Maid, Nurse, Singing and Pet plus B in either Xeno or Pene, the text isn't clear. Checked wiki, according to it the B needs to be in Xeno and there might be a mistake that she wants painter rather than singing? Is that why she's being refused or am I missing something?
In the code, Tiamat requires S+ rating overall with S+ empathy/pet, A+ maid/nurse/alchemy/witchcraft/painting, B+ xeno. The text asks for singing, not for painting, so that is a bug.

Other stuff:
We can negate the negative mood if you manage to catch the fiend and have a place to put it.

When bored, positive moods end faster. If the day is ended with the master in a good enough mood, the master will not be bored the next day even if they have not been entertained for a long time. How tolerant the slaver is of not being entertained depends on slaver's brand reputation. We should perhaps make it depend on the personality attribute. But regardless of that, it's a comparison of how long since the last "good enough" entertainment (and the master's standards for "good enough" entertainment also rise as reputation increases) to the master's reputation and mood. If the sum of reputation and negative mood exceeds the time since the last good entertainment, the master will be bored. At the low end, assuming no recent entertainment, a Pessimistic or better mood will not be bored at F- brand reputation, but a Calm mood will be bored at D- brand reputation, a Hopeful mood will be bored at C- reputation, an Optimistic mood will be bored at B+ reputation, a Pleased mood will be bored at A+ reputation, and an Euphoric mood will be bored at S+ reputation. The master will never be bored if the day ends in Ecstatic mood. Drinking can elevate mood, so yes, it can help. In moderation. In terms of ways to obtain "good enough" entertainment (which reduces the mood threshold to avoid boredom), "serve me" performances qualify if done well. As you noted, going to watch arena events, socializing at the club, or going to the theater (slave reward) also qualify. At S+ brand reputation, the arena events only satisfy for a couple of days. The club and the theater last for a few days regardless of reputation, but they still interact with the slaver's mood as described, so you get some leeway but still need to keep mood up to avoid boredom.

We should probably make winning at arena events give the same "had a good time" entertained mood that you get for watching the arena events.

When you fail to cast Cruciato, the slave sees that you tried to punish her but failed and so the guilt goes away because it has been "dealt with" - in the sense that the slave becomes happier and less fearful while losing some obedience.

With Delikacia, the slave feels good about their ability to resist your magic, but also still feels that they earned a reward that has not yet been given.

In the dungeon, how much of the cookies the slave eats depends on their willpower, their pride and their mood. A bad mood of course results in eating more. Conversely, a good mood results in eating less. If the slave is young, Ecstatic and has B+ nature and S+ pride (unashamed), they will have 100 calories in the morning. Lolis eat less, so the same slave they'd start the day with zero. Mature slaves eat a bit more and would have an extra 100 calories. With S+ nature/pride/mood, calories can actually be negative for a loli (-100 is still considered "eating enough" not to starve - or even lose weight, unless the slave has a powerful metabolism). The cookies are specifically made to fatten the slave, so even if not many are eaten, the slave's physique will still rise over time. If they eat more, it will rise faster. Each time the slave's physique level goes up, or every so often if the slave is already at max physique, there is a chance that the slave's nature and pride will drop by a full level. So keeping a slave in the prison eating cookies can over time lower nature and pride to the lowest level. If the slave's temperament isn't at least B+, that would mindbreak them.

Dungeon is not an ideal place to keep a slave if you're not trying to punish them. It is especially unkind to slaves with high empathy, but sleeping in the dungeon (either by being placed there or with the sleep rule) induces despair in any slave who does not feel that they deserved punishment (less than 3 guilt). Unless they're the rare sort that enjoys being confined ("loves helplessness"). On the other hand, sleeping in the dungeon passively raises fear and taming, and if they do feel guilty, it also raises awareness. So, if a slave has 5 guilt, it can be convenient to put them in the dungeon for a few days.

The barn lets you keep four slaves: a second assistant (farmhand) once devoted enough, and you can also retrieve the cow, egglayer and pig. Combined with slave and assistant, this gives you six slaves every day with refreshed energy that you can train. Adding the dungeon makes seven.

Reactions: ForgottenNote

ForgottenNote

Jan 25, 2020
Thanks for all the info. Stuff like the Delikacia/Cruciato thing is fine by me, if it's thought out like that and not an oversight.

In the code, Tiamat requires S+ rating overall with S+ empathy/pet, A+ maid/nurse/alchemy/witchcraft/painting, B+ xeno. The text asks for singing, not for painting, so that is a bug.
Thanks. With that info finished the training and turned her in. Nothing in the in game text makes it clear she needs alchemy and witchcraft too. Could maybe see that falling under "Heal him", since those three are required for the witch doctor specialization, but usually one green line means one green ability. She also uses green for all the abilities you mentioned as A+.

We can negate the negative mood if you manage to catch the fiend and have a place to put it.
(y)
Dungeon is not an ideal place to keep a slave if you're not trying to punish them. It is especially unkind to slaves with high empathy, but sleeping in the dungeon (either by being placed there or with the sleep rule) induces despair in any slave who does not feel that they deserved punishment (less than 3 guilt). Unless they're the rare sort that enjoys being confined ("loves helplessness"). On the other hand, sleeping in the dungeon passively raises fear and taming, and if they do feel guilty, it also raises awareness. So, if a slave has 5 guilt, it can be convenient to put them in the dungeon for a few days.

The barn lets you keep four slaves: a second assistant (farmhand) once devoted enough, and you can also retrieve the cow, egglayer and pig. Combined with slave and assistant, this gives you six slaves every day with refreshed energy that you can train. Adding the dungeon makes seven.
I understand that the dungeon isn't meant to be used to hold another trained slave. My point is that it maybe could be made into one, with like an extra modification from the realtors where the area used for the dungeon is made a bit more comfortable, so it'd be equivalent of just sleeping on a regular bedroll if you're willing to pay a higher rent or something. But can't argue that'd be a priority.

Good point on the barn letting you use it as a container for trainable slaves. Haven't used it much this playthrough. Still, I'm someone who values convenience highly, which is why I never really bothered using it for that in my previous runs either. To get a slave trainable from the barn, you need to toss your current one to the dungeon, click to go into the barn and retrieve the slave you want. Then after you're done, you have to do the same in reverse. So many clicks. :p

Maybe there could be buttons to skip a bunch of steps in that. It's why I use the dungeon, it takes only two clicks to get the slave out of there and it saves my time, even if it's worse for the slave.

What are the reqs for Julia to appear in a Johny run? No assistant and be patrician?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
With that info finished the training and turned her in. Nothing in the in game text makes it clear she needs alchemy and witchcraft too. Could maybe see that falling under "Heal him", since those three are required for the witch doctor specialization, but usually one green line means one green ability. She also uses green for all the abilities you mentioned as A+.
Yes, "heal him" should be understood to mean having the ability of a healer, which is a witchdoctor, not just a nurse. I think we need to fix it by making it check music instead of painting, and correct the colors for the A+ skills in the text, but not remove the alchemy and witchcraft.

I understand that the dungeon isn't meant to be used to hold another trained slave. My point is that it maybe could be made into one, with like an extra modification from the realtors where the area used for the dungeon is made a bit more comfortable, so it'd be equivalent of just sleeping on a regular bedroll if you're willing to pay a higher rent or something. But can't argue that'd be a priority.
It would be simpler to allow you to store a slave in the boudoir we already have.

Good point on the barn letting you use it as a container for trainable slaves. Haven't used it much this playthrough. Still, I'm someone who values convenience highly, which is why I never really bothered using it for that in my previous runs either. To get a slave trainable from the barn, you need to toss your current one to the dungeon, click to go into the barn and retrieve the slave you want. Then after you're done, you have to do the same in reverse. So many clicks.
You can directly exchange the farmhand with your current slave (click barn then click farmhand) if your current slave also qualifies. You can also directly exchange the pig. Cost benefit, a few clicks vs. having multiple slaves to train. As you noted, exchanging the prisoner is the same two clicks, enter prison then swap.

Do you use the shortcut keys? ESC for exiting menus and spacebar for advancing cutscenes makes the UI a lot more tolerable for me. a/s/d for the slave and master screens too, though I tend to still click on those from force of habit.

What are the reqs for Julia to appear in a Johny run? No assistant and be patrician?
Currently you have to complete the pope's request first. I'm thinking we should trigger it instead as soon as you become a patrician by any means.

Arrkhon

Mar 6, 2020
Since you guys talked about nerfing potions by raising the costs any chances of reversing the silly nerf to Philtre where it doesn't work on slaves without devotion?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
doesn't work on slaves without devotion
No idea what you're talking about. It works once per slave. Same as always.

Oh, did you mean they refuse to drink it? That's what Domini Dictum is for. Or just wait until they're obedient enough.

Anyway, Philtre is optimally used when the slave has just under the maximum amount of devotion you plan for the slave to reach while in your possession. For example, if going for five stars, save Philtre until she has four stars.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
The offices of Dewey, Brekit and Howe are pleased to bring you the following memoranda of revision:

i. Tiamat has learned that "singing" is not the same as "painting"
ii. Spoiled slaves have received an attitude adjustment
iii. Julia is now an equal-opportunity patrician pursuer
iv. prison cookies break minds more insidiuously
v. winning at the arena is better than watching
vi. boring personalities are less easily bored
vii. catching a chestburster is an instant upper

Get -ia while they're hot, this offer ends soon, etc.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
1644966910074.png Mature, Tough, Reactive, Unashamed, Slender, Racehorse, 3 taming, 3 energy, wearing 3 pieces of pony gear, hard game difficulty. Barely made third place. but it's good to see that it can be done with average temperament and taming and only A+ endurance on hard difficulty. You might even be able to win this race on normal or easy.

This was the slave's first race.

Last edited:

Antivash

Aug 25, 2017
Its been fucking ages since I played this. I saw someone mentioning Rosa in another post, but I don't remember seeing her when I was playing... New NPCs or shops been added since ... I think 1.76 was the last version I played?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Its been fucking ages since I played this. I saw someone mentioning Rosa in another post, but I don't remember seeing her when I was playing... New NPCs or shops been added since ... I think 1.76 was the last version I played?
Rosa is sarinee's independent project. From 1.7.6 to 2.2.1, the only new NPC is Julia. She is part of a post-patrician exclusive event chain for Johny (or his avatar, if you pick custom game). No new shops either, but there have been some additions to the existing places. Most of the focus has been on improving gameplay and polishing what was already there.

If you're picking up the game again, the development branch download links are on the wiki at

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Other stuff:
Checked pink hair licking images, seems to be ok. You saw a blank screen? If it happens again, go to the Other menu at the top of game window and select Show html from the dropdown. Copy-paste the contents to me in a private message. It will contain the path to the missing file so I can see what it was trying to find.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
i'm trying add mod there other except L mod on main pages?
No other public/released mods work. Technically all of the game code is compiled into a single file, game\jack.qsp. A mod that changes jack.qsp is therefore a complete version of the game that is somehow modified. So you can't combine mods unless you know how to code or find someone who can do it for you.

Antivash

Aug 25, 2017
Rosa is sarinee's independent project. From 1.7.6 to 2.2.1, the only new NPC is Julia. She is part of a post-patrician exclusive event chain for Johny (or his avatar, if you pick custom game). No new shops either, but there have been some additions to the existing places. Most of the focus has been on improving gameplay and polishing what was already there.

If you're picking up the game again, the development branch download links are on the wiki at

Ahh. Neat, so out of curiosity, any plans on that (Rosa) becoming a part of the main/dev branch or whatever?

But yeah, picked up the dev branch a bit ago, will likely play a bit this weekend. Definitely interesting to see that development in any form is continuing. Last I heard someone was working on a "sequel" in a completely different engine, but aint heard about it in ages, so I am assuming that is dead in the water...

Aug 13, 2017
sometimes the application closes with an error. I don’t understand what this is called - sometimes simple actions are a reward / lesson, sometimes the end of the day.
ver 2.2.1

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes