ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I'm trying to get into this game as i love simulation games but i have a few questions i couldnt find an answer in the wiki, maybe someone knows.
  1. So I'm still playing the tutorial on normal (figured i should be able to do atleast this much before starting the game) and after the second week or so i'm always getting the "metabolism of your slave is seriously disturbed". I always try to have the calorie count at around 0 at the end of the day but i still get this affliction. What am i doing wrong ?
  2. It seems around 15-20 Obedience i'm having a hard time getting it higher. I'm trying to keep the mood up and check if she has any requests, but still starts to stagnate around these numbers. So I'm wondering what is an obedience value i should aim for ? Keep it at that and rise her skills or should it be much higher and i'm doing something wrong.
Thanks
Metabolism doesn’t change. It is a hidden trait unique for each slave. You “discover” what it is after observing their physique change.

To see if you can raise obedience higher, look at the slave’s aura. Spoil decreases obedience. Everything else in aura increases it. But despair is harmful to nature and temperament and mood, so is better kept at zero unless you are using it tactically and know how to manage it. Fear limits mood if it exceeds devotion. Also, devotion lowers fear. So normally a fully developed aura has no fear, no despair, no spoil, and five of everything else. Adding fear to that can raise obedience even more. But that is rarely necessary.

• Red Heart
Reactions: campfap

Ingvar77

May 1, 2021
As I see in code, temperament increasing executing by $dyn_slave_orgasm. But I don't see callin it from code related to active sex.

azzfd

Aug 18, 2020
As I see in code, temperament increasing executing by $dyn_slave_orgasm. But I don't see callin it from code related to active sex.
yeah so the wiki indeed is out of date on this, thank you for verifying, where do you find these informations btw ?

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
1. Renting a manor - space in Eternal Rome is very limited and expensive, so how is a manor available for sale; in what part of the city is it located; and how much does it cost? It sounds like it is much larger than even the white town apartment? But not in white town.
umm, maybe it's not proper to be called a manor, it's designed to be a large and isolated house, with a yard(garden), keeping at a distance with the towns(outside the Bull, owned by a patrician in gentleman's club, you do him favors, he provides it with you at a low rent), maybe villa is more suitable? In my understanding, such a house with a river flowing aside(initially through) should be called a manor in English, at least more proper if there were farmlands.

2. Keeping babies from pregnancy - according to Reverend Blanchett from the Vatican, "God rarely allows new souls to appear right in Rome. Especially since this is not possible without special rituals. Without our guardianship your baby will be born without a soul and will die soon." The Vatican keeps the babies, why?
Yes I was told this, so in my design, if you want to own your baby, first you need to get permission of the Vatican, then for the baby's birthing, you still need their help, I'm not creating or changing the lore, but at least someone in the Vatican can help you, find him.
"If you are relying on the patronage of the pope, you will have to give him your masterpiece as a gift."
I don't know who is the most suitable person, the cardinal or the pope, basically I intend to use the cardinal, I don't want to unlock it too late.
When she is in labor, you take her to the Vatican(kind of like taking wife to hospital), then after some days they give you the result, her alive with a baby or dystocia, she may die as well, the ritual may fail as well. It's better if you can tell me more about the ritual.

The Vatican supplies sparks to the great houses. Where do the sparks come from? Sparks are crystallized bits of the flame of creation, which exists in living souls.
Interesting, sparks are mainly come from souls of babies?

So it is theoretically possible for babies to be born, but the Vatican has a monopoly on the method and keeps it secret. Serpis is trying to rediscover the method, without success.
Have you tried a zero start with latest dev branch?

We have on the roadmap a proposal to introduce a new NPC that would be a mad scientist previously working for Serpis who eventually could find a way to allow successful births. (I should add, not necessarily with the souls that would've originally belonged to them...)
Maybe a second way to have babies, requiring your estate in serpis and a certain faction fame.

Have you tried a zero start with latest dev branch?
Not yet. I think I should give it a try.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
umm, maybe it's not proper to be called a manor, it's designed to be a large and isolated house, with a yard(garden), keeping at a distance with the towns(outside the Bull, owned by a patrician in gentleman's club, you do him favors, he provides it with you at a low rent), maybe villa is more suitable? In my understanding, such a house with a river flowing aside(initially through) should be called a manor in English, at least more proper if there were farmlands.

I think I understood what you had in mind - it is a large residence with enough space for multiple girls to live there, plus brew their potions, plus have a garden, etc. It is a lot of space in a city where there is not a lot of space, so my point was that it should be very expensive. Borrowing it from a patrician is a reasonable explanation, because early in the game there is no way that the slaver would be able to pay for it independently, let alone have the political connections to be able to keep rivals from claiming it. What sort of favor do you need to do for the patrician?

Yes I was told this, so in my design, if you want to own your baby, first you need to get permission of the Vatican, then for the baby's birthing, you still need their help, I'm not creating or changing the lore, but at least someone in the Vatican can help you, find him.
"If you are relying on the patronage of the pope, you will have to give him your masterpiece as a gift."
I don't know who is the most suitable person, the cardinal or the pope, basically I intend to use the cardinal, I don't want to unlock it too late.
When she is in labor, you take her to the Vatican(kind of like taking wife to hospital), then after some days they give you the result, her alive with a baby or dystocia, she may die as well, the ritual may fail as well. It's better if you can tell me more about the ritual.
I don't know more about the ritual, we have only the few lines of text as hints. The cardinal is probably not the right person for this. He is too important. The Reverend Blanchett who comes to you to take away a pregnant slave seems like a sort of low-level bureaucrat and would be a more appropriate "level" of engagement for something like this. You probably need to invent a new NPC of similar title (Reverend so-and-so) and perhaps Rosa would make the arrangement "off-screen" to reduce how much you need to add to the game. Look at how the Julia event is handled (search for "julia_met" in interaction_city.qsrc). Something similar could be done for dropping off the girl at the Vatican and picking her up again. Alternatively, you could have the Reverend come to your home (or to Rosa's residence ) to take the girl, so you don't have to go to the Vatican at all.

Interesting, sparks are mainly come from souls of babies?
Pure speculation. Probably not only from babies, but just think about how much of a meat grinder the Eternal Rome is shown to be. Constant influx of people from all over the multiverse, being enslaved, tortured, raped, sometimes impregnated, sometimes eaten, and sometimes taken by the Vatican. There's no actual "good" faction, the Vatican is exploitative as any other. So if you think about it, the Pope is probably the chief necromancer and they've figured out how to "trick" the heavenly system (God's soul dispensary) to give souls to babies so they can harvest them. On top of harvesting souls from all the other slaves that get caught in their web. Baby souls are probably a higher quality source of sparks, being so "pure", or something like that, to justify why they would bother with the complicated (read: expensive) rituals. Also there would be the occasional patrician or aristocrat who wants to have a baby of their own and would pay well for the Vatican's help.

Maybe a second way to have babies, requiring your estate in serpis and a certain faction fame.
Yes, it doesn't have to be connected. As I noted, this method probably doesn't work "as designed"... more like a different form of necromancy where you rip out a soul from some other victim and stuff it (or part of it?) into a baby. The baby would be alive but wouldn't have a "new" soul, the total of souls in the Eternal Rome would remain the same...

speedmelon

May 24, 2020
how do you play this game. ive gone through the tutorial extensively. ive tried being nice and never going further then spanking to punish. ive tried being mean. no matter what i do i cant get basic chores done and the girl always goes unconcious and dies. i need tips.

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
how do you play this game. ive gone through the tutorial extensively. ive tried being nice and never going further then spanking to punish. ive tried being mean. no matter what i do i cant get basic chores done and the girl always goes unconcious and dies. i need tips.
Trial and error is the best way to learn. The main things that tend to damage a slave's health are overexertion and combat. To prevent overexertion, stop giving orders when your slave has no more green stars, she may still have duties to perform at this point, so try and end the day with the house clean and food made as well as everyone bathed. You can mitigate combat damage by purchasing a whip for your slaver and using it if your slave ever rebels, when combat starts you will be prompted to select a weapon.

You can try selecting a top tier character when you start the game, Milord has the best stats at the start. If you're still having problems, try switching the difficulty to easy in the options. Don't worry about dying a few times, life is cheap in Eternal Rome, just start a new game.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
When you give an order, first the slave needs to pass an obedience check. If they refuse to do it, this means you need to increase their obedience first. Different actions have different obedience thresholds for different slaves; their attributes and mood and traits are factored in.

Once you pass the obedience check, performance in the task depends on how motivated they are. We call that diligence. It depends on many factors: their mood, their traits, their aura attributes, whether they are wearing an appropriate outfit for the activity, and also the slaver's attributes and mood (a depressed slaver with F- teaching skill giving a lesson is less motivational than an S+ lecturer in an ecstatic mood).

In the tutorial, some clothing is provided. Using it can make a big difference.

In general, a slave in a bad mood will get a lot of F- grades in their assigned tasks. Punishing them for this will eventually increase their diligence (through fear) but may also drive them into depression. Once they're obedient enough to do what you ask, switching from stick to carrot tends to be better.

Also, if task A is giving bad results, try task B. A slave who is stupid will do better in tasks that don't require a lot of intellect. A slave who is prideful might be slightly more willing to do a task (like cleaning or cooking or gymnastics) unsupervised.

Sex training brings more variables into play; for example, if the slaver hasn't bathed and is repulsive, the slave's obedience check has a higher threshold. If the slave is a nymphomaniac, they're more motivated by sexual training than a slave who is frigid. Etc.

Since you're new to the game, you might also want to try the latest dev version instead of 2.2.1. Download links are on the wiki at

Reactions: 1q1q1q1q1q1q1q1q

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
What sort of favor do you need to do for the patrician?
First you take Rosa's quest →
→ ask for more information in the slaver guild and to be told ordinary people won't have such a residence, you need to seek some patricians to have a try
→ go to the gentleman's club, (ruthlessly refused to answer if you are not able to be a member)
→ join the club(at least proves your finacial ability), ask shelly for more informations, he introduce someone to you, who is tired of inferior and regular servants or even artists, persuing unique glittering souls(perverted lust).
→ do as other noble quests, a masterpiece with artist、pet、pony、concubine, and hymen regeneration(a surprising point, the only flesh modification you can get in Rosa's slum stage), maybe with a feature masochism but it seems a little difficult to train.
→ after this you finally take out your request without mentioning Rosa cause' that's what you need to have a monopoly on. The masterpiece also impressed shelly, he helped to persuade the patrician, and in the end he 'rent' this manor to you.
→ finish Rosa's quest and take her and magic assistant away, at the beginning, conceptionally, the rent is paid to the patrician by you or your assistant, and at the beginning there's a decreasing reduction of income, establish cooperation with new buyers needs time, so in the game, you still have to make up for the agio(when the reduction disappears, income should be a bit more than the total cost, if no other profitable ways added).

Why don't you live in this house? A quiet place far from the towns is wonderful for Rosa, but not suitable for your daily life, you visit Rosa from the Bull, with a cost of a half energy, if you don't own a bull ring, it will cost you 1 energy in total to visit her.

The cardinal is probably not the right person for this. He is too important. The Reverend Blanchett who comes to you to take away a pregnant slave seems like a sort of low-level bureaucrat and would be a more appropriate "level" of engagement for something like this. You probably need to invent a new NPC of similar title (Reverend so-and-so)

Also there would be the occasional patrician or aristocrat who wants to have a baby of their own and would pay well for the Vatican's help.
What about just using Reverend Blanchett, she must have offended many people taking away their pregnant girls, so she is indifferent in most time, you can't get access to her easily until you finish the carnival's quest, you finally became honorable in her eyes, then she accepted your demands, but request you to raise your baby in Rosa's residence instead of crowded towns, they still needs to keep a monopoly on knowledge of new lives and souls.

perhaps Rosa would make the arrangement "off-screen" to reduce how much you need to add to the game. Something similar could be done for dropping off the girl at the Vatican and picking her up again. Alternatively, you could have the Reverend come to your home (or to Rosa's residence ) to take the girl, so you don't have to go to the Vatican at all.
Good idea, I intend to add an icon or menu in the home screen, called a 'New Letter', showing informations & letters & anoucements etc. in the ui scroll_large.png. As a substitution of the forcibly-reading msg box.
Including guild gangbang activity invitation, potion research progress, potion research finished, Rosa's tribute(income), the garden is blossoming, your pregnant girl is about to give birth etc.
Also saving home screen spaces, if you think there's too many icons already, it's needed.
But improtant messages like decade bills still force you to read.

Yes, it doesn't have to be connected. As I noted, this method probably doesn't work "as designed"... more like a different form of necromancy where you rip out a soul from some other victim and stuff it (or part of it?) into a baby. The baby would be alive but wouldn't have a "new" soul, the total of souls in the Eternal Rome would remain the same...
Alright, sounds like a Great Reborn Spell or Great Reborn Potion, maybe changing age type is possible.
Or used in bringing your slave back to life who died in fighting with you, or giving birth, at a cost of your prisoner.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
What about just using Reverend Blanchett, she must have offended many people taking away their pregnant girls, so she is indifferent in most time, you can't get access to her easily until you finish the carnival's quest, you finally became honorable in her eyes, then she accepted your demands, but request you to raise your baby in Rosa's residence instead of crowded towns, they still needs to keep a monopoly on knowledge of new lives and souls.
If we use the same NPC then we should change the dialogue based on whether you've met her before. Really we should do this anyway, if you repeatedly have pregnant slaves taken away.

Good idea, I intend to add an icon or menu in the home screen, called a 'New Letter', showing informations & letters & anoucements etc. in the ui scroll_large.png. As a substitution of the forcibly-reading msg box.
Including guild gangbang activity invitation, potion research progress, potion research finished, Rosa's tribute(income), the garden is blossoming, your pregnant girl is about to give birth etc.
Also saving home screen spaces, if you think there's too many icons already, it's needed.
But improtant messages like decade bills still force you to read.
This would be a good improvement. In 2.2.2, look at what I did in $city_random_event in terms of letters. Your system would be better for most of these, but not all letters are delivered "normally"...

Of course, $city_random_event is completely non-random at the moment. Some random events would be good to add too.

Alright, sounds like a Great Reborn Spell or Great Reborn Potion, maybe changing age type is possible.
Or used in bringing your slave back to life who died in fighting with you, or giving birth, at a cost of your prisoner.
Changing age type, technically like neoplasty, could be done. Theoretically we could implement aging for lolis and young slaves but does anyone play the same game long enough?

Bringing slaves back to life seems unlikely, yes there are liches which means phylacteries and souls surviving outside bodies is possible, but once a soul leaves, bringing it back is a different story. If you are thinking to reanimate a body with the soul of a different slave, it's questionable that you'd be able to restore the same mind and skills of the original slave (or even transfer them from the soul-donor). This is without even considering problems like soul-rejection, soul-incompatibility, and whether a transfer like this is possible. Can a soul, removed from its original body, return to a normal fully-functional body at all, or can it only be bound to a skeleton animated by enchantments (an archetypal lich)?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
try and end the day with the house clean and food made as well as everyone bathed.
Leaving these tasks to be handled automatically won't harm her health, it will simply leave her with less energy the next day. So as long as you don't drive her into negative energy, you're fine. In fact, half a red star is still harmless, it just means you have half a green star the next day. You can also occasionally over-spend her energy if there's a good reason, just be mindful of the effect on her endurance and mood. Conversely, if you leave her with unused energy stars at the end of the day, she might have a mood boost from being allowed to rest.

Reactions: StJesuz

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
If we use the same NPC then we should change the dialogue based on whether you've met her before. Really we should do this anyway, if you repeatedly have pregnant slaves taken away.
I remember the days you set is 150, about a time to notice pregnancy in your eyes. This issue is easy to solve.

If you don't have the permission, day 150 she is taken away normally.

If you have the permission, and you take your pregnant slave to Rosa before day 149, she is no longer a 'slave', 'assistant' or 'prisoner', the interaction will not be triggered.
If you didn't, on day 149, Reverend Blanchett came secretly to ask you for your decision, her belly is too big to have an abortion, if you choose to keep her and have the baby, she must be taken to Rosa today, also Blanchett reminds or warns you, if you break your word, tomorrow she will come with soilders and take her away as ordered without any mercy or friendship. If you choose to turn her in, Reverend Blanchett give you money equivalent to her value.

If you chose to keep her, but you didn't take her away, then on day 150, trigger the event, you get only a little money.

Edit: If you don't have the permission, but you take the pregnant slave to Rosa, she won't be taken away, but have a higher chance to die in giving birth, and baby won't be alive indeed.

I usually have an idea to introduce some new feature system of psychic scars, not so severe like mind-broken, but keeps giving a bad moodlet or even attributes' decreasing in $newloc, such as losing virgin in raping, unwanted pregnancy, a coward seeing you execute a prisoner, and her baby is dead.

But the feature UI space is not enough, and there should be a specific entrance to see her extreme feelings, for example, in the anatomy page, I remember I mentioned before. These information are less useful.
(`MQ9`FIJ5G~V(M82[@2J)L.png

Changing age type, technically like neoplasty, could be done. Theoretically we could implement aging for lolis and young slaves but does anyone play the same game long enough?

Bringing slaves back to life seems unlikely, yes there are liches which means phylacteries and souls surviving outside bodies is possible, but once a soul leaves, bringing it back is a different story. If you are thinking to reanimate a body with the soul of a different slave, it's questionable that you'd be able to restore the same mind and skills of the original slave (or even transfer them from the soul-donor). This is without even considering problems like soul-rejection, soul-incompatibility, and whether a transfer like this is possible. Can a soul, removed from its original body, return to a normal fully-functional body at all, or can it only be bound to a skeleton animated by enchantments (an archetypal lich)?
You are always considering so much in details, I would say, if you aren't ready to design a complex reanimate system not only for your usage, but also works for other game contents, try to make it a simple process, with no probability to fail, but at a high cost to make sure it will never be a worthy deed to increasing her attributes or value.
Most players won't keep a slave for a very long time, so if you want to keep a slave with wonderful attributes, but you want to change her age type or she just happened to die in arena fight, regardless of cost, then you have a chance to choose.

For example, A's soul into B's body:
Beauty to Nature using B's
Pride using A's
All body modifications using B's, affecting Style and Exoticism
Fame cleared
Mood worst, fear 5, despair 3
Habit to Devotion still using A's
All skills using max(0, max(B -1level, A -3level) ), due to a new body.

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Another question, what software or apps do you use when designing new ui locations with, to get the exact ?? px distance to the border. I never designed this before.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Another question, what software or apps do you use when designing new ui locations with, to get the exact ?? px distance to the border. I never designed this before.
I use a web browser's developer mode. Show html from the game, copy and paste into a separate html file, load it in the browser. Enable developer mode to see all of the locations be able to edit them.

That said, I am a novice when it comes to CSS. I understand the method we use with exact pixel positioning causes problems when the window is resized or viewed on high resolution displays. We've been talking about developing a replacement UI and doing it better, but as with all things like this, someone with the knowledge needs to put in the time.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes