ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I usually have an idea to introduce some new feature system of psychic scars, not so severe like mind-broken, but keeps giving a bad moodlet or even attributes' decreasing in $newloc, such as losing virgin in raping, unwanted pregnancy, a coward seeing you execute a prisoner, and her baby is dead.
You can simply give a very long moodlet if you want to do something like this. Then a lethe potion would wipe it, as expected.

I think this is trying to solve for the fact that slaves do not have a very long memory. We want to make them more life-like, which means they need to remember what happened to them and refer back to it in some ways, while also expressing some feelings and thoughts about it, and even demonstrating different behaviors because of it. One way we do this is with development of traits. If you beat a slave many times they can become a masochist. But what we do not have is a sort of "slave AI" where the slave will be proactive and try to do (or say) things independently. The only exception to this is the end of day scenes where the slave does something (asks for sex, tries to escape, etc.). During the "day", the game is turn based, so we need to wait for the player to choose an action before we trigger some kind of slave independent behavior, but wouldn't it be interesting if, for example, you went to give your slave an order and found her sleeping during the day because she worked too hard yesterday? Or maybe she liked going to the beach last decade and so she suggests it to you during the end of day scene, "Master, I really had fun at the beach, can we go again tomorrow?" A few little touches of life like this could make the simulation feel a lot more personal. But we have to be careful not to make it repetitive and fake.

You are always considering so much in details, I would say, if you aren't ready to design a complex reanimate system not only for your usage, but also works for other game contents, try to make it a simple process, with no probability to fail, but at a high cost to make sure it will never be a worthy deed to increasing her attributes or value.
Anything we allow the player to do is also something that other NPCs would do. So what does it mean for the consistency of the rest of the game if we allow resurrections? Slaves are not viewed as important, mostly, but valuable, unique slaves might be a different story. Maybe this is how the house champions at the arena are always back to fight again after you defeated them before. But, to keep your dead arena slave from being used for the senatorial feast, you would need to bribe a lot of senators...

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
You can simply give a very long moodlet if you want to do something like this. Then a lethe potion would wipe it, as expected.
Okay as well.

But what we do not have is a sort of "slave AI" where the slave will be proactive and try to do (or say) things independently. The only exception to this is the end of day scenes where the slave does something (asks for sex, tries to escape, etc.). During the "day", the game is turn based, so we need to wait for the player to choose an action before we trigger some kind of slave independent behavior, but wouldn't it be interesting if, for example, you went to give your slave an order and found her sleeping during the day because she worked too hard yesterday? Or maybe she liked going to the beach last decade and so she suggests it to you during the end of day scene, "Master, I really had fun at the beach, can we go again tomorrow?" A few little touches of life like this could make the simulation feel a lot more personal. But we have to be careful not to make it repetitive and fake.
I will give it a try in my mod, not only in the random event system, containing working performance, Rosa's rewarding & punishing, common girls' interactions, girls sex interactions etc.

Anything we allow the player to do is also something that other NPCs would do. So what does it mean for the consistency of the rest of the game if we allow resurrections? Slaves are not viewed as important, mostly, but valuable, unique slaves might be a different story. Maybe this is how the house champions at the arena are always back to fight again after you defeated them before. But, to keep your dead arena slave from being used for the senatorial feast, you would need to bribe a lot of senators...
Then I think it's not a good idea, if the restriction is too much, and not so worthy either, then in most cases it's useless, if it can be applied too easily, will also ruin the lore, unless doing this has a great benefit to the body.
Considering mind defects can be clear by lethe potions, while physical defects aren't so common, even addicted to drugs is not very severe and irreversible, It is really no need to waste time on this.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
I read the meaning of manor, both in english wiki and chinese wiki, though with different origins, histories, scales and usages, they share a common definition of a society based on agriculture economy. They may be owned not only by landlords, but also nobles, monks, generals... and may gradually evolve from various functional architectures, so there are many kinds of suffix, abbey, palace, castle, house, court etc.

A manor usually possesses administrative and economic system. So it's clearly not proper to call Rosa's residence a manor.
What about changing its definition as part of a huge aristocratic private estate, but with the administration and economy more centralized, the manor house moved, and the former one is soon desolated, so we still call it a manor house, The Rosa Manor House? Before you finally knowing it, we call it a better residence in texts.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Is it possible to unlearn a special technique ?
On 2.2.2 dev branch it is now possible to learn all of the techniques at S++ fighter skill.

This update adjusted some master skill progression thresholds so if you load a saved game from 2.2.1 or previous 2.2.2, some master skills might be lower than they were.

Also, wearing a mage robe no longer makes any difference in the effects of any spell except adverto servili. Less clothing micromanagement for the master. (... although Willful slaves may still resist if you don't wear the robe.)

Last edited:
Reactions: azzfd

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
How long does it take to turn a slave into a masochist?

A question, why feature xp like masochism_xp mainly gain in active sex, while painful sex trainning doens't? and it lies deep in the menus, which I think deserve a special icon like fast rewarding or fast taking bath etc.

Edit: I did some test on increasing her masochism_xp, the most effective way is spanking on her while her attention equals to 1(completely enjoyable) and her openmind equals to 5, then in one active sex, I increased her masochism_xp by 26.
1.png
You know what it means, if I ingore my unhappy mood, I can train a normal girl into a masochist just in 2 days.
As long as we both still have energy, and my interest doesn't go below 0, I can keep giving her pain, and it turns into masochism_xp, which disobeys the common sense that if someone get hit continously, (s)he soon become numb or accustomed temporarily.

While this have a precondition that, sex attention can only be reduced by massaging her when it goes well during this interaction and master_petting > sex['girl_openmind'], only petting can let her be enjoyable in sex. Skilled Oral、Penetration... should be able to as well, decrease her attention during arousing and penetrating.

To achieve 1 attention, what I need to do is, clamp her then unclamp, to decrease sex['girl_openmind'], until sex['girl_openmind'] < master_petting, then massage her, to decrease sex['girl_attention'] by 1. Afterwards, repeat this process, until sex['girl_attention'] = 1, sex with her, and spank on her continously.
I get it that this process intends to say better master skills give her more joy, but she can never become more enjoyable when she is completely openminded( = 5), even if you are master at petting.
I do think the first one is better.

!First
if balance = 0 and master_petting >= sex['girl_openmind']:
sex['girl_openmind'] += 1 & sex['girl_attention'] -= 1
end

!Second
if balance = 0 and master_petting > sex['girl_openmind'] or master_petting >=5:
sex['girl_openmind'] += 1 & sex['girl_attention'] -= 1
end

Next one, blindfold、clamp、enema... only effects the moment you doing this action, as if they are not active, not being applied on her, sex['clamps'] = 1 is not in use afterwards.
1, Increase Clamp and Unclamp energy cost
2, If you are sexing too wildly, the nipple clamps hurts her again, costing a little energy(-1), but increase attention by 1, decrease openmind and excitement by 1, which can be made up by lowering intensity if your penetration ability is brilliant.
3, Only when she feels painful can increase her masochism_xp

The last, there aren't many texts in sex time engine. So maybe it's good to give some more feedback based on balance and (sex['girl_openmind'] or sex['girl_excitement']) in addition to original texts.
Take sex['girl_openmind'] as instance.
balance < 0 and sex['girl_openmind'] <=2: She is not open enough, you may still hurt her even if you are mild, try more foreplay.
balance < 0 and sex['girl_openmind'] >2: Your intercourse is so wild that hurts her.
balance > 0 and sex['girl_openmind'] >=4: Your gentleness doesn't work well, try to be more wild.
balance > 0 and sex['girl_openmind'] <4: Either she is not sensitive or you are not skilled, you cannot enjoy so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: slaynreborn

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Bug report.
sex_interaction.qsrc
line 1520
!Hot wax
if sex_interaction = 25:
$interaction_type = 'foreplay'
painfull = 1
a = sex['girl_fear'] + sex['girl_sensitivity']

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
How long does it take to turn a slave into a masochist?
I think you already found the answer in #static_base: 100 xp.

A question, why feature xp like masochism_xp mainly gain in active sex, while painful sex trainning doens't? and it lies deep in the menus, which I think deserve a special icon like fast rewarding or fast taking bath etc.
Look at line 95, interaction_result.qsrc. Which painful sex training doesn't increase it?

What is "it" that lies deep in the menus? Active sex? You can get to that menu using the button that appears next to the master's excitement level under his portrait.

Edit: I did some test on increasing her masochism_xp, the most effective way is spanking on her while her attention equals to 1(completely enjoyable) and her openmind equals to 5, then in one active sex, I increased her masochism_xp by 26.

You know what it means, if I ingore my unhappy mood, I can train a normal girl into a masochist just in 2 days.
As long as we both still have energy, and my interest doesn't go below 0, I can keep giving her pain, and it turns into masochism_xp, which disobeys the common sense that if someone get hit continously, (s)he soon become numb or accustomed temporarily.
I consider this a bug. Some of the xp increases were missing a check for sex_already_done_today, which limits the xp increase to 1 points per day (or 2, if it's in both sex_interaction and $sex_diligence in #dynamic). To fix this, on the -ia branches, I've added the sex_already_done_today check to all of the increases that were missing it, including the ones in $sex_diligence.

The active sex code needs to be refactored: it has much duplication of code for slave/assistant branches, and many repeated checks of the same conditions. It's likely there are other inconsistencies or oversights like this.

only petting can let her be enjoyable in sex. Skilled Oral、Penetration... should be able to as well, decrease her attention during arousing and penetrating.
I agree. Do you have time to figure out what code changes would best accomplish this?

I do think the first one is better.
I agree. I've made this change (>= instead of >) on the -ia branches.

Next one, blindfold、clamp、enema... only effects the moment you doing this action, as if they are not active, not being applied on her, sex['clamps'] = 1 is not in use afterwards.
I think the long-term "effects" are meant to be represented by the adjustments to the girl's parameters. I agree with you that it would make sense if these had other continuous effects or directly affected the result of other actions.

1, Increase Clamp and Unclamp energy cost
I disagree. Doesn't seem like it would require a lot of energy to attach some clamps.

2, If you are sexing too wildly, the nipple clamps hurts her again, costing a little energy(-1), but increase attention by 1, decrease openmind and excitement by 1, which can be made up by lowering intensity if your penetration ability is brilliant.
I disagree with an extra energy cost for mild pain. Changing the parameters as you suggested, on the other hand, I agree would make sense, although no decreases if she is already a masochist.

3, Only when she feels painful can increase her masochism_xp
Isn't this already how it works?

The last, there aren't many texts in sex time engine. So maybe it's good to give some more feedback based on balance and (sex['girl_openmind'] or sex['girl_excitement']) in addition to original texts.
Take sex['girl_openmind'] as instance.
balance < 0 and sex['girl_openmind'] <=2: She is not open enough, you may still hurt her even if you are mild, try more foreplay.
balance < 0 and sex['girl_openmind'] >2: Your intercourse is so wild that hurts her.
balance > 0 and sex['girl_openmind'] >=4: Your gentleness doesn't work well, try to be more wild.
balance > 0 and sex['girl_openmind'] <4: Either she is not sensitive or you are not skilled, you cannot enjoy so much.
Good idea. Do you have time to implement something like this?

painfull = 1
Good catch. Fixed now on -ia branches.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Another small update for 2.2.2: corrected tags for hot wax, cauterization, wooden horse, manual rack, iron maiden and infested pit. These were missing some intended effects.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Look at line 95, interaction_result.qsrc. Which painful sex training doesn't increase it?

What is "it" that lies deep in the menus? Active sex? You can get to that menu using the button that appears next to the master's excitement level under his portrait.
Oh, my fault.

I consider this a bug. Some of the xp increases were missing a check for sex_already_done_today, which limits the xp increase to 1 points per day (or 2, if it's in both sex_interaction and $sex_diligence in #dynamic). To fix this, on the -ia branches, I've added the sex_already_done_today check to all of the increases that were missing it, including the ones in $sex_diligence.
Do you think if feature_xp should gain more scaled by skill_adv_mul? I often see players in a group(like discord) complain about the training speed, compared to old versions when they played ver 1.7.5 before.

The active sex code needs to be refactored: it has much duplication of code for slave/assistant branches, and many repeated checks of the same conditions. It's likely there are other inconsistencies or oversights like this.
Since you have invented the dynslave method, it's just a matter of time.

I agree. Do you have time to figure out what code changes would best accomplish this?
Maybe later, I have to say, what I'm doing now is mainly designing more events, without much calculation or code optimization
Then after I finish the main part, I should spend some time playing new dev version to give a comment and adjust value system of my mods, putting repeated codes into a function or Rosa_interaction_result which I haven't yet, my code runs from interface → interaction → screen → interface now lol.
Afterwards, about the sex time engine, I have quite a bit ideas inspired by ERA games. They are similar and this mode can be very immersive.

I think the long-term "effects" are meant to be represented by the adjustments to the girl's parameters. I agree with you that it would make sense if these had other continuous effects or directly affected the result of other actions.
Have you played any ERA games? It has a detailed feedback on every action, showing a list of values' changing from affection, obedience, arouse, pleasure.....horror, disgust to yield, there's many long-term items, dildo, anal dildo, blindfold, oral gag, urethra probe etc. But those games is written by a huge massive of 'if-condition-case' expressions.
I'm not saying to design a complicated sex time engine, but it's content is a bit too little, there's analfisting while no fisting.
Spanking gentlely shows a hit picture with bruises and blood and a loud slap sfx.

Totally, that needs a lot of work to do.

Good idea. Do you have time to implement something like this?
I just have seen a part codes of 'painful', to do this correctly I still need to read all. And it's still a vague sense of friction, balance, diff etc. in my mind.

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Personally speaking, I feel the feature_xp gains too slowly, I spend 50~100 days, never missed even a day, finally she get a new feature, while it's about time to sell her.
Or I'm going to train an S+ slave, it took me so much effort to train her feature, I... I want to enjoy her myself and don't want to sell her any more....
I guess there should be an equippment like bull ring, which can speed the process, which should be followed by more influence of these features.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Personally speaking, I feel the feature_xp gains too slowly, I spend 50~100 days, never missed even a day, finally she get a new feature, while it's about time to sell her.
Or I'm going to train an S+ slave, it took me so much effort to train her feature, I... I want to enjoy her myself and don't want to sell her any more....
I guess there should be an equippment like bull ring, which can speed the process, which should be followed by more influence of these features.
Developing traits is not necessary for selling, it's really for slaves that you keep a long time (assistants, etc.). Or for Felicity, where it is a challenge and you might need to abuse faerie pollen to get everything done in time (although I'm not sure that pollen is necessary, because you can trait multiple traits with the same action and you can do multiple things per day and the time limit is 120 days). Having it take longer is more sensible to me. At the same time, maybe we should give a bit more randomized xp during slave generation so it's less predictable.

Using skill_adv_mul in places where we don't currently, to give more xp, is fine with me.

To give a perspective on game length, my zero start game is up to day 297. I didn't move out of the slums until after day 200 because I made a mistake with the guild (gave them a slave infected with a fiend spawn) and reset my progress. Currently living in Serpentine. Have all extended rentals except lab and boudoir. Weekly bill is between 600 and 700 sparks. I completed two of the forum quests so far, for the ring and amulet, and have a fiend growing for the crown. I could see this game easily lasting another 300 days before I reach patrician. And it's feeling pleasantly challenging - billing is manageable but higher than income from recurring income sources (arena, fog hunting) so planning ahead is necessary and if I'm not careful with sparks, I might need to take a loan. At one point, to give myself extra budget for a longer project, I trained a D+ slave within a single decade to have almost all common skills at B+ and with A+ charm; sold at guild auction for around 1000 sparks. Meanwhile, my slaver has not yet maxed strength (A+), personality (B+), rep (A+ brand, B+ guild), teaching (A+), medic (C-), torture (F-), bondage (F-), oral (B+), penetration (A+), fetishism (C-). He has completed 16 out of 24 trophies.

Last edited:

testing101hi

Sep 3, 2020
When you give an order, first the slave needs to pass an obedience check. If they refuse to do it, this means you need to increase their obedience first. Different actions have different obedience thresholds for different slaves; their attributes and mood and traits are factored in.

Once you pass the obedience check, performance in the task depends on how motivated they are. We call that diligence. It depends on many factors: their mood, their traits, their aura attributes, whether they are wearing an appropriate outfit for the activity, and also the slaver's attributes and mood (a depressed slaver with F- teaching skill giving a lesson is less motivational than an S+ lecturer in an ecstatic mood).

In the tutorial, some clothing is provided. Using it can make a big difference.

In general, a slave in a bad mood will get a lot of F- grades in their assigned tasks. Punishing them for this will eventually increase their diligence (through fear) but may also drive them into depression. Once they're obedient enough to do what you ask, switching from stick to carrot tends to be better.

Also, if task A is giving bad results, try task B. A slave who is stupid will do better in tasks that don't require a lot of intellect. A slave who is prideful might be slightly more willing to do a task (like cleaning or cooking or gymnastics) unsupervised.

Sex training brings more variables into play; for example, if the slaver hasn't bathed and is repulsive, the slave's obedience check has a higher threshold. If the slave is a nymphomaniac, they're more motivated by sexual training than a slave who is frigid. Etc.

Since you're new to the game, you might also want to try the latest dev version instead of 2.2.1. Download links are on the wiki at
Can I just download the dev game patch and overwrite 2.2.1 instead of redownloading everything?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Can I just download the dev game patch and overwrite 2.2.1 instead of redownloading everything?
You would have missing images if you do that, because we've made changes on the dev media already. If you have the dev media, however, you can replace just the code portion for updates. If we change the media, we mention it and sometimes even provide a smaller patch as I did a few posts back.

Having said that ... it's a relatively small delta at the moment. You could just grab the new icons I attached to that earlier post and not worry about the rest.

https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-7567587

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
I thought for a while, then abondoned 'slave_sell_chek', I'm providing a slave as a gift or surprise, Sir Corral doesn't have a clear demand of slave(but I gave some direction in quest description), while in return, he shows his attitude about this slave, which determines result of the deal(Rosa manor rent).
There are two cases in which he will refuse this slave, not charming enough, he will refuse at the first glance. Then her quality is too bad, he will be angry and refuse after he 'inspected' the slave.
Below shows the worst case he is willing to accept her.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
It's really strange that:
1/2 = 0
-1/2 = 0
we should reduce using x/2 where x has a chance to be equal to -1

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Do you have time to figure out what code changes would best accomplish this?
sex_interaction.qsrc
This is comment color.
This is my opinion color.
This is changed or added codes color.
This is bug or unreasonable emphasize color.

That't it for now, the rest, emmmmmm, next time.

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Where is this a problem? I use this often intentionally.
Since most of this game's parameter range is [0,5], it's fine if you use (x+1)/2, but (x-1)/2 you can't get a negative result.
for example, I wanted to set a random number in Rosa assistants' bonus working performance, which includes a low probability negative one.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
sex_interaction.qsrc
I'm not familiar enough with that code to confirm or deny your observations.

It seems we mostly agree on the design philosophy:

1. reward higher skills with better results faster, but make it possible to achieve good (maybe not "best") outcomes with lower skills, with more effort;
2. eliminate non-sensical patterns that reward players for using specific actions repeatedly, like clamp/unclamp
3. your comments about friction and tightness make sense
4. be able to recover from intensity mistakes during penetration without stopping completely

I'm not clear about your openmind vs. excitement suggestion. Excitement is a measure of physical arousal, not mental, correct? Very much analogous to the normal slave arousal stat? And openmind is like a proxy for pride, whether the slave is resistant/hesitant/scared or enthusiastic?

I'm not sure the part you identified as a bug is actually incorrect: negative xp can be a valid way of applying a small penalty for mis-play (a barely noticeable penalty, I think, in this case). Negative sex skill xp doesn't translate into the skill dropping, it just means you need more xp to level up, so maybe instead of one lesson you would need two.

Since most of this game's parameter range is [0,5], it's fine if you use (x+1)/2, but (x-1)/2 you can't get a negative result.
for example, I wanted to set a random number in Rosa assistants' bonus working performance, which includes a low probability negative one.
You can use -1 + x/2 or -1 + (x+1)/2 if you want to include -1 in the range.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes