qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Ordos, were you referring to this?

It seems if we post questions there it would be for all the world to see.

PAM and qwerty, I think we can contact the Russian guys. But our queries would be permanently, publicly and prominently posted in a Facebook-like forum. What would you like our inquiries to be?
I wouldn't mind; could there be any bad consequences you think of?

Feb 25, 2019
I wouldn't mind; could there be any bad consequences you think of?
It's a good thing you pointed that out. Yeah, I suppose we need more viewpoints regarding this possibility for negative consequences. Unless you and PAM have a pressing need for the features of their mod I suppose we can let the community hash things out similar to our discussions about the 2.0 designation for your mod.

I haven't interacted with Russians before so I have no clue. No idea how they'll react if we tell them about our interest in their work. Or what they'll do should we offend them due to mistranslation by Google Translate.

I remember that urban legend about an old ad from the Swedish firm Electrolux when they tried selling vacuum cleaners: "Nothing sucks like an Electrolux."

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
yesterday as I was the general images code that will be copied to the rest to the json files, I found myself at the scene and torture codes and they appear to be needing a treatment similar to sex folder and I wonder is it worth making a spreadsheet for those 2 folders or is it best to just convert them into general images for broader use ? what do you guys think ? for me I would want to add more images to these folders as well but at the flip side I will need to to put paths in the json files for images that don't exist yet at hope that someone will fill in that gaps much like how I plan to do with what qwertyu's searching for and speaking of which, how many paths do you want me to insert if any for the images you looking for?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
yesterday as I was the general images code that will be copied to the rest to the json files, I found myself at the scene and torture codes and they appear to be needing a treatment similar to sex folder and I wonder is it worth making a spreadsheet for those 2 folders or is it best to just convert them into general images for broader use ? what do you guys think ? for me I would want to add more images to these folders as well but at the flip side I will need to to put paths in the json files for images that don't exist yet at hope that someone will fill in that gaps much like how I plan to do with what qwertyu's searching for and speaking of which, how many paths do you want me to insert if any for the images you looking for?
It is important not to get carried away. I'll need probably an entire month if not more to finish the sex scenes, given the number of 0 on the 3 pages of the spreadsheet you gave me. But ultimately, it will be worth it.

The tortures and scenes folder however already need to be almost entirely redone, since the images in there are mostly irrelevant, bad quality, or even wrong dimensions. Adding an other 500/1000 images to work on will make the horizon too far and overwhelming. It'd be an absolute schedule suicide.

If we can get to the end of the actual roadmap, and we crave for more, sure, we'll think about that. :)

Edit: if I understood your question at the end, you ask me how many pictures will I come up with for the sex scenes, right? The answer is: "1 per line that has a 0 unless I can't find it or it's something that nobody gives a fuck about like Dsuit". Do you want me to give daily updates so you can fill in the lines?

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Jesus, man, I think I've cracked your issues with all three scheduled events (chariot race, gladiatrix fight, slave auction) having schedules change unexpectedly.

But before that I'd like to describe first what's happening with these events in v1.8 (without corrections):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My question would be if the above were a deliberate gameplay feature. If true, then we don't need to do anything. If otherwise an oversight, then the following should fix them:

Excellent find, I wish I had a bit more time to do a proper bug report before now but this seems to describe what I was experiencing very well. After participating in several fights the gladiator arena event was being held on the same day as the chariot race. I believe that this is a bug, because scheduling for large events like these shouldn't change based on the attendance of a single individual. Also I had never experienced this behavior in 1.7.5 which I played extensively.

I will put these fixes into my copy of Jack and test them out. It occurs to me that I was sometimes participating in and then observing gladiator arena events on the same day, to boost the slaver's mood. I don't recall being able to do this prior to 1.8 but I'm not totally sure, anyway it seems like something that should be possible.

I noticed one more 1.8 bug, which might be related to the egg laying. This is an event that we get notified at the end of the day and I think it's never happening. This is a notification for the slave's menstrual period. Its working fine for the assistant, but I have never seen it trigger for the slave. I tested in 1.8 both before and after the changes that fixed the egg laying. I recall that it leads to a negative thought from the slave which will negatively affect her mood and a hygiene penalty. I've tested with a young and mature slave (seems like it might not be expected to happen with a loli slave).

Here's a bonus bug that's been in the game a long time. It always hinders me at the start of a slaver's career. Repeating a training type will not trigger a slave to feel merit if you rewarded them on the previous. Many times with a low obedience slave I will only be able to give a sports/fitness lesson without being refused, the lack of merit will mean that the slave can only be rewarded once per day without triggering spoiling (I believe). If you wanna take a stab at a fix for this one I'd be glad to test it out.

Thanks as always for your work in fixing these.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019
PAM the average user here can actually do that already on their own time and terms by using their own pictures and modifying their own json folders if for some reason they don't like certain pictures you and qwerty had given them. You're already releasing the increased and enhanced fullbody and face folders in the upcoming mod. If some don't like those I doubt they'll like whatever else you'll give them in the scene and torture folders. If they like them otherwise they'll understand the delay. You can always release new official sets of images in subsequent updates.

Why don't you concentrate on the parts of your mod that only you can do? The UI, quests and heavy programming for instance.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019
Hi Jesus. I looked over your most recent bug reports.

Excellent find, I wish I had a bit more time to do a proper bug report before now but this seems to describe what I was experiencing very well. After participating in several fights the gladiator arena event was being held on the same day as the chariot race. I believe that this is a bug, because scheduling for large events like these shouldn't change based on the attendance of a single individual. Also I had never experienced this behavior in 1.7.5 which I played extensively.
Okay. Though not necessarily a bug, it's probably an oversight. We'll let the community decide. Unless they desire otherwise we'll have to report that as a bug.

I will put these fixes into my copy of Jack and test them out. It occurs to me that I was sometimes participating in and then observing gladiator arena events on the same day, to boost the slaver's mood. I don't recall being able to do this prior to 1.8 but I'm not totally sure, anyway it seems like something that should be possible.
Never tried watching and participating in the fights on the same day. I didn't know you could boost the slaver's mood by watching a fight. I do know you can participate in several fights on the same day.

Should we disable this feature of simultaneous watching and participating? What was your experience in this case with prior mods?

I noticed one more 1.8 bug, which might be related to the egg laying. This is an event that we get notified at the end of the day and I think it's never happening. This is a notification for the slave's menstrual period. Its working fine for the assistant, but I have never seen it trigger for the slave. I tested in 1.8 both before and after the changes that fixed the egg laying. I recall that it leads to a negative thought from the slave which will negatively affect her mood and a hygiene penalty. I've tested with a young and mature slave (seems like it might not be expected to happen with a loli slave).
You're right. That bug appears to be related to egglaying. Unlike the assistant, the slave has an additional check before she starts menstruating. The check being she's NOT egglaying. Since that line forces her to have status of egglaying by the beginning of the following day, she'll stop menstruating. You can see that condition in the section of the code where we removed the line forcing her to start laying eggs.

Here's a bonus bug that's been in the game a long time. It always hinders me at the start of a slaver's career. Repeating a training type will not trigger a slave to feel merit if you rewarded them on the previous. Many times with a low obedience slave I will only be able to give a sports/fitness lesson without being refused, the lack of merit will mean that the slave can only be rewarded once per day without triggering spoiling (I believe). If you wanna take a stab at a fix for this one I'd be glad to test it out.
If I'm not mistaken man I think that's intentional: to discourage players from repeating a training type more than once each day.

Thanks as always for your work in fixing these.
Well thank you for making them easy to fix by describing them in detail.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: StJesuz

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
No problem man. Anyhow, can you post all these sites? Arrange them from what you deem the most important to the least important. Spoiler tag them if they're too many. We'll find someone who'll contact them. ;)
Already done:
there is a link to the main mod`s page on vk.com, where all the news is published and discussion is held.

Ordos, were you referring to this?
Nope.

Once again:
Well, there is another minor torrent-site with discussion :

Last edited:

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Hi Jesus. I looked over your most recent bug reports.

Okay. Though not necessarily a bug, it's probably an oversight. We'll let the community decide. Unless they desire otherwise we'll have to report that as a bug.

Never tried watching and participating in the fights on the same day. I didn't know you could boost the slaver's mood by watching a fight. I do know you can participate in several fights on the same day.

Should we disable this feature of simultaneous watching and participating? What was your experience in this case with prior mods?
I think the gladiator fights and races would be a very big deal, lots of people throughout the city head to the coliseum. It seems reasonable that our slaver would be able to watch another match after competing in a match. There must be dozens of events per day. I can't check right now but I think it costs energy and therefore doesn't seem imbalanced at all. On event days we get a "free trip" to White town, where it doesn't cost energy to travel if you click the event button.

The only thing I would change is to perhaps charge a nominal fee in sparks for the free energy trip. Add a mouseover to the button when lit, explaining the fee and a brief text scene describing the ride, perhaps with a picutre of a rickshaw. A future addition could be the option to book a premium seat which would cost more money but give you a chance to boost your brand or similar effect.

You're right. That bug appears to be related to egglaying. Unlike the assistant, the slave has an additional check before she starts menstruating. The check being she's NOT egglaying. Since that line forces her to have status of egglaying by the beginning of the following day, she'll stop menstruating. You can see that condition in the section of the code where we removed the line forcing her to start laying eggs.

If the bug still keeps happening even after removing that red line we'll probably need to look deeper.
Yes, it's still the same behavior when the red line is removed. I didn't notice it in my earlier testing, only after we had removed that line. I was worried that change might have broken the period from being triggered so therefore I tested again with unmodded 1.8.

I'm sure it was working fine in 1.7.5 so I was looking at a diff between 1.7.5 and 1.8 there seem to be some checks added for egglaying but hell if I can figure out exactly what's going on. I would think backing out those checks would be the next thing to test.

jack-checks.png

If I'm not mistaken man I think that's intentional: to discourage players from repeating a training type more than once each day.
You're right on, I had thought this was unintentional. A future enhancement to the game might be some text to inform the player of this mechanic.

Feb 25, 2019
Already done:

there is a link to the main mod`s page on vk.com, where all the news is published and discussion is held.
You know man people should start reading previous posts before asking questions. :whistle:

Nope.

Once again:

How were you able to find their main site?

Can you share how you refine your Google search? I used it as well but I could never find these things. We can now refine our search to find Mars & Jinn's mod as well as Fugitive Red's. But that's because we can specifically look for them thanks to you. How did you find these before you knew they were there in the first place?

Well, there is another minor torrent-site with discussion :

Thanks for finding another avenue for reaching them man.

SIDE NOTE: That Russian qsp you gave us a while back is fascinating. Have you given an overview of the additions they made? They appeared to have added something to the combat system. That's no mean feat considering that the last time someone attempted to merely turn the combat variables into English the system broke. In fairness to us it's also possible that it's hard for English speakers to fix the combat system because it's in Russian.

Feb 25, 2019
i know, I just wanted to make it easier on others to encourage them to participate in the bigger picture but I get what you mean
After you release your fullbody and avatar images together with qwerty's previous release the two of you may want to put out a guide for creating personalized images and possibly pointers for incorporating these with the json files. The qsp should be off limits for now.

Someone will probably hate something. Rather than have him come up to you and qwerty then say "Your images suck! Do something about it!" he might hopefully say "Your images suck! I have something better that you can use." I think this situation would benefit both you and the ornery fellow.

Feb 25, 2019
I think the gladiator fights and races would be a very big deal, lots of people throughout the city head to the coliseum. It seems reasonable that our slaver would be able to watch another match after competing in a match. There must be dozens of events per day. I can't check right now but I think it costs energy and therefore doesn't seem imbalanced at all. On event days we get a "free trip" to White town, where it doesn't cost energy to travel if you click the event button.

The only thing I would change is to perhaps charge a nominal fee in sparks for the free energy trip. Add a mouseover to the button when lit, explaining the fee and a brief text scene describing the ride, perhaps with a picutre of a rickshaw. A future addition could be the option to book a premium seat which would cost more money but give you a chance to boost your brand or similar effect.
The community can give its feedback about what features they would want. If we don't get feedback we'll let these stay as is.

PAM, it seems we have a situation that can be improved in the future. For your information.

Yes, it's still the same behavior when the red line is removed. I didn't notice it in my earlier testing, only after we had removed that line. I was worried that change might have broken the period from being triggered so therefore I tested again with unmodded 1.8.

I'm sure it was working fine in 1.7.5 so I was looking at a diff between 1.7.5 and 1.8 there seem to be some checks added for egglaying but hell if I can figure out exactly what's going on. I would think backing out those checks would be the next thing to test.
I'll look further into this man. Thanks for providing that side by side comparison with 1.7.5. It seems we'll have to look either in the cycle_day or the ovulation.

Side Note: I may have missed this part in the 1.8 Read Me but I don't recall them explicitly mentioning anything about this situation.

You're right on, I had thought this was unintentional. A future enhancement to the game might be some text to inform the player of this mechanic.
I have a suggestion. In addition to the bug reports we can have the community additionally report things about the game that they find inconvenient or unexplained. Then we can decide if these are necessary features of the game or should be removed. A healthy level of frustration or mystery in game mechanics can make such a game more interesting. Alternatively, we can use the difficulty settings to modify these.

dethroner88

Dec 15, 2017
Just wanna say thank you all for keep working on this amazing game. I have played it a lot over the years, even before crushboss fixes made it even better. Hope you can get in touch with the russian dudes, 'cause their additions to the game sound kinda interesting.
Will wait eagerly for your new version, then play a few hundred hours more of this fine game xD

Feb 25, 2019

View attachment 320118
Jesus, can you check if the message still doesn't work after 28 days? You need at least 28 days of the message not appearing to confirm that it is indeed still a bug AFTER removing that line with a NEW game. Make that 30 days to be sure. Give your slaver unlimited gold or something so you can go through 3 decades.

Whenever a slave is generated she's given a cycle_day variable that is randomly chosen from 1 to 28. This value increases at the beginning of the following day. If it reaches 29 it reverts to 1 then the slave gets her mensies assuming of course she's not laying eggs.

It's possible that you notice this with your assistant since she's with you for at least 28 days but you train your slave well before 28 days and the RNG gods hate your guts.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
The community can give its feedback about what features they would want. If we don't get feedback we'll let these stay as is.
From experience, I know the idea has its limits. People don't know what they want; if they know, they create. If they are too lazy to create, they'll be too lazy sign up on this forum and give feedback. If they are in the middle ground and are able to give feedback, they are a minority that don't represent the general feeling.

But we can take from your idea and just give it a spin: let's have in mind to add everything, as a distant roadmap. And communicate about it, thoroughly (benefits, drawbacks...). If someone from the community says he'd hate this, then we'll debate all together (and ultimately, the main coder will decide whether it fits his view for the game).

In addition to the bug reports we can have the community additionally report things about the game that they find inconvenient or unexplained. Then we can decide if these are necessary features of the game or should be removed. A healthy level of frustration or mystery in game mechanics can make such a game more interesting. Alternatively, we can use the difficulty settings to modify these.
1) The missing images from when you go to sleep, or try to cook yourself (as I said earlier)
2) When something costs money and the game isn't transparent enough about it (when you go to the doctor and check yourself up...)
3) The fact that you still need to go to the doctor when you're a S+ rank doctor. We should be able to heal our slaves ourselves that way, if our skill is good enough. And gain some sparkle as a slaver if we work as doctors for the whole day (or as a cook if we're good with housekeeping), at the cost of our mood.
4) very personal opinion: I hate how our slaver is super unhappy because he lives in a place that is the only one economically sustainable. Maybe we should have his real train or thoughts in his agenda: "This is not acceptable/This is not as luxurious as I deserve, etc."

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
When I rescue slaves from the fog, some are labelled virgin, but even if I don't rape them it says they aren't a virgin when I get home.

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
I've also found that when fighting enemies with 1 health, green attacks always miss even when they're evading, whereas purple and red ones hit if the enemy is purple or red respectively.

Feb 25, 2019
From experience, I know the idea has its limits. People don't know what they want; if they know, they create. If they are too lazy to create, they'll be too lazy sign up on this forum and give feedback. If they are in the middle ground and are able to give feedback, they are a minority that don't represent the general feeling.
Think of it this way. You and PAM are mining for gold. Most of what you get are rocks and dirt. Occasionally, you'll find gold ores that you can then refine and turn into golden works of art.;)

But we can take from your idea and just give it a spin: let's have in mind to add everything, as a distant roadmap. And communicate about it, thoroughly (benefits, drawbacks...). If someone from the community says he'd hate this, then we'll debate all together (and ultimately, the main coder will decide whether it fits his view for the game).
We are already doing that with the 2.0. If we are having this acrimony over a number I can imagine the interesting debate we'll have with more substantial issues. But I digress. This is ultimately your mod with PAM so the two of you will be the final arbiters of whatever features or content you would like to incorporate (or not) in the upcoming mod and its subsequent updates.

1) The missing images from when you go to sleep, or try to cook yourself (as I said earlier)

2) When something costs money and the game isn't transparent enough about it (when you go to the doctor and check yourself up...)

3) The fact that you still need to go to the doctor when you're a S+ rank doctor. We should be able to heal our slaves ourselves that way, if our skill is good enough. And gain some sparkle as a slaver if we work as doctors for the whole day (or as a cook if we're good with housekeeping), at the cost of our mood.

4) very personal opinion: I hate how our slaver is super unhappy because he lives in a place that is the only one economically sustainable. Maybe we should have his real train or thoughts in his agenda: "This is not acceptable/This is not as luxurious as I deserve, etc."
Is it possible to pin a certain post to the top of every page in a thread? That way we can post links from there to other posts of relevance. For instance, modders don't have to search through every post in every page to find the posts requesting certain gameplay features.

1. Isn't PAM supposed to be working on these?
2. I think doctors in general don't give free checkups.
3. Fair point. Yeah, I think this is reasonable feature. The quick and dirty solution in the code would be to replicate the events in the medical facility and give that as a home feature to S+ rank doctors.
4. I haven't fully explored this feature of the game so I can't comment as of now.

Feb 25, 2019
When I rescue slaves from the fog, some are labelled virgin, but even if I don't rape them it says they aren't a virgin when I get home.
I haven't played in the fog yet so I can't help you with that. But I'm not sure if it's an actual bug. It's probably a deliberate feature of the game. Guys, what do you think?

I've also found that when fighting enemies with 1 health, green attacks always miss even when they're evading, whereas purple and red ones hit if the enemy is purple or red respectively.
I haven't encountered this yet. Can you provide more details? Who were you fighting? Where were you fighting? etc. I think guys with more experience playing Jack's combat system will be able to better assist you.

Keep up the good work posting these things.(y)

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes