Drawning

Feb 27, 2019
Also i got a question, if a Slave for example does something, has a 5star reward but is out of energy, can i reward her manually the next day?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah that's the case,btw what are your thoughts on programming this game Web based for example as an Electron app / progressive Webapp / React native app
Sounds nice. The code is written currently to conform to certain idiosyncracies of QSP, so writing an automated converter that would produce correct results would be an exercise in itself.

Not something I plan to do.

Drawning

Feb 27, 2019
All good, not requested it, just asked out of curiousity, Btw, how complicated is the actuall game and the hidden mechanics, lets say someone would start to Recode it. You think they could get it done or is the code really complicated?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Also i got a question, if a Slave for example does something, has a 5star reward but is out of energy, can i reward her manually the next day?
No, merit resolves every night and left over merit is interpreted as not rewarding her. Many rewards don't use energy, some use half in certain situations.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Dev build updated with a few balance adjustments that are not difficulty increases... Preparing canned food meals now uses half energy. Master will be more easily satisfied in various ways when personality stat is low even if brand reputation is higher. Increased maximum race purse by 100 sparks.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
ImperatorAugustusTertius If you could rewite the game, would you allow for things like other races, multiple girls at once etc or would you keep it the same?
We already have multiple girls at once. The UI is still awkward but it's better than it used to be. Other races is more of a media and writing limitation than a code limitation. There are already exotic slaves in the setting; check the brothel.

Jun 28, 2020
Started a new hard run, 200 sparks, no points invested, so far I have lost most of the time but I still believe it's possible, indeed it feels harder (does not rewarding her still depletes spoil? it didn't seem to work that way now), have not tried the release from today. I noticed some weird stuff though, in this save the slave was not touched this day and has "bruises", skipping to the next day and she somehow now has "traces of beatings", idk wtf did I do to her before to break her that way, like she preemptively gets more bruises before I even scold her.
I noticed too that the mood buff from winning in the coliseum lasts more than a decade but don't know if that's how it always worked or if it was already patched.
Also, does the leather shackles decrease mood at the end of the day?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Started a new hard run, 200 sparks, no points invested, so far I have lost most of the time but I still believe it's possible, indeed it feels harder (does not rewarding her still depletes spoil? it didn't seem to work that way now), have not tried the release from today. I noticed some weird stuff though, in this save the slave was not touched this day and has "bruises", skipping to the next day and she somehow now has "traces of beatings", idk wtf did I do to her before to break her that way, like she preemptively gets more bruises before I even scold her.
I noticed too that the mood buff from winning in the coliseum lasts more than a decade but don't know if that's how it always worked or if it was already patched.
Also, does the leather shackles decrease mood at the end of the day?
Not rewarding her doesn't deplete spoil directly. It reduces her mood and her awareness a bit (less motivated to obey for rewards if no rewards are given). Spoil drops faster if she is unhappy, as you might expect. But if she's happy for lots of other reasons, this alone won't have much effect. Which is intentional - the master isn't a reward pump. A fully devoted slave (or a psi-masochist) won't be bothered by neglected rewards.

Bruises increasing is a bug - good mood helps bruises heal faster, but bad mood with low endurance and no master/assistant medical skill can increase them. Will fix shortly.

Arena mood buff should last no more than 5 days after the event, except championship win can last a full decade for the slave.

The "had a good time" mood buff for the master comes from many sources (arena events being one) so it's possible to have it up continously.

Shackles in the current dev build only impact mood for slaves with a related trait (claustrophobic / loves helplessness).

azzfd

Aug 18, 2020
What is a patrician actually ? I've seen the term in the game/wiki/thread but I don't know what it is.

Jun 28, 2020
Not rewarding her doesn't deplete spoil directly. It reduces her mood and her awareness a bit (less motivated to obey for rewards if no rewards are given). Spoil drops faster if she is unhappy, as you might expect. But if she's happy for lots of other reasons, this alone won't have much effect. Which is intentional - the master isn't a reward pump. A fully devoted slave (or a psi-masochist) won't be bothered by neglected rewards.
I see, seems fair.

Bruises increasing is a bug - good mood helps bruises heal faster, but bad mood with low endurance and no master/assistant medical skill can increase them. Will fix shortly.
Stamina influencing healing sounds realistic, not sure about the mood though

Arena mood buff should last no more than 5 days after the event, except championship win can last a full decade for the slave.

The "had a good time" mood buff for the master comes from many sources (arena events being one) so it's possible to have it up continously.
It's weird because that time the slave still had the "We won, I feel more confident now, etc" text a day before the colisseum battle, I purposely didn't let her fight the next day to see if she still carried it and she did, but didn't save it, I'll try to recreate it later

Shackles in the current dev build only impact mood for slaves with a related trait (claustrophobic / loves helplessness).
I see, makes sense, isn't there a penality for using the "hard" stuff on the slave?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Stamina influencing healing sounds realistic, not sure about the mood though
Tension and stress (bad mood) inhibit healing, while a positive attitude improves health generally.

I see, makes sense, isn't there a penality for using the "hard" stuff on the slave?
Do you consider leather wrist and ankle bands with rings "hard" stuff? They don't come with chains attached.

Jun 28, 2020
Tension and stress (bad mood) inhibit healing, while a positive attitude improves health generally.
Yep, you're right, never took that into consideration.

Do you consider leather wrist and ankle bands with rings "hard" stuff? They don't come with chains attached.
I would say yes, well kinda, in relation to the soft slippers and the ornamented collar they are supposed to be kinda "hard", they are sold in the steel rose store after all, but yeah, they aren't that "hard" compared to the other stuff like the pet suit or the toilet seat. Is just that the slaves that had those equipped apparently got more depressed from my perspective, I couldn't but imagine that maybe the mood penalty was back, which I wouldn't be sad about it, I liked the mood penalty of those times as it made sense, but I know it had to be changed to balance things out

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I would say yes, well kinda, in relation to the soft slippers and the ornamented collar they are supposed to be kinda "hard", they are sold in the steel rose store after all, but yeah, they aren't that "hard" compared to the other stuff like the pet suit or the toilet seat. Is just that the slaves that had those equipped apparently got more depressed from my perspective, I couldn't but imagine that maybe the mood penalty was back, which I wouldn't be sad about it, I liked the mood penalty of those times as it made sense, but I know it had to be changed to balance things out
I've gone back and forth on it a few times. If you go by what is shown in the item picture, they do look somewhat uncomfortable at least (no padding), so I suppose they do merit a small mood penalty in general. Maybe half a level of mood per shackle pair, so if you wear on both hands and legs it drops mood by one level.

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
About the other races stuff...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Share some of the images maybe? If I liked them enough personally I could at least contribute to the cutting out. I keep thinking that part of what the game is really lacking is more uniqueness to the slaves themselves. To me at least, every slave is basically identical.

thendavesaid

Jul 17, 2020
Elysian Datura doesn't seem to be consumed when used in crafting potions. It's still consumed when taken directly. Looked at the jack.txt and noticed some inconsistencies in the spelling "kanabis" in some places, "kannabis" in others.

Edit: I replaced the "kannabis" text with "kanabis" and ran MakeQSP.bat, which fixed the issue.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Thanks. Dev build has been updated with the alchemy fix and several other fixes and tweaks. Notably -- reputation increases in guild auction were broken, end of decade billing now applies barn profits/losses before determining if you ran out of sparks, small mood penalty added to shackles, work-in-progress rebalancing of ingredient costs (they've been reduced a bit), fixed the bad mood increasing bruises issue, tweaked barn and prisoner diets/calories, made all slave roles use the same calorie system as the primary slave so if you swap them around, the modeling should work out the same, made farmhand and assistant use either spawn semen (if available and they have a fiend tattoo) or fresh food, made farmhand automatically exercise daily to gain endurance up to A+, and some other miscellany.

Some analysis on profitability ... the barn can be quite profitable with just an egglayer, barely profitable with a good cow if you're selling the milk and feeding her standard diet (much better if you feed her spawn semen), and run at a loss if you have a less than good cow or you're also feeding a pig that you don't actually plan to slaughter. I haven't analyzed the pig profit/expenses ratio recently, so it's possible that it's inherently unprofitable at the moment. If anyone has any data on that feel free to share. You can also further boost barn income if you have more than one egglayer; any wombs you don't need (assistant, slave) can be repurposed into spark factories. You can also make them lactate, but eggs are an entirely passive income stream...

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes