StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
A devoted slave sometimes feels guilt when they do something poorly. They know the master expects better from them.
The slave had no devotion, barely obedient, two buds at most.

Perhaps uncle tom needs a look, it seems like he has an even worse libido than a zero start. I didn't try making him have sex, as his desire never rose above D level. At any rate, thanks for the feedback, I have some ideas about different things to try.

Maybe a warning popup when your character's health drops past a certain point could be implemented. Would be a good point to help a player understand that they are in danger before getting hit with a game over screen. It would also be nice to get some feedback from the technodrome other than "perfectly healthy" when your dood is about to croak. The technodrome could also provide some advice on how to stay healthy.

Appreciate your work.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
The slave had no devotion, barely obedient, two buds at most.
When it said it was enjoyable, what exactly was the message? Because I'm guessing it was something like "It's a pleasure watching her body in motion." but that she also performed the task with the equivalent of an F- grade.

Perhaps uncle tom needs a look, it seems like he has an even worse libido than a zero start. I didn't try making him have sex, as his desire never rose above D level. At any rate, thanks for the feedback, I have some ideas about different things to try.
Using loli version? Working as intended, that. He has "erectile issues." Did you look at his objectives?

Maybe a warning popup when your character's health drops past a certain point could be implemented. Would be a good point to help a player understand that they are in danger before getting hit with a game over screen. It would also be nice to get some feedback from the technodrome other than "perfectly healthy" when your dood is about to croak. The technodrome could also provide some advice on how to stay healthy.
That would make sense, wouldn't it.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Invented a character Rosa with slave array Rosa['....'].

Rewrote working ability calculation functions with Rosa's skills, basically Rosa participates in all interactions, but contributes a little at most of the time, which corresponds to her laziness and leaves a space for her skills' training in the future.

Rewrote all killvars in which I use a string index. But numerical index ones remains in the non-repeated-extraction cases.

In potion researching process, I replaced progress counted mainly by days with progress made by their enchanter ability, and if you replace the magic assistant with your new slave provided, the unfinished potion researching won't ends, but you lose a half progress instead.

Wrote a function $Rosa_Quest_Description_Append, to deal with all quest descriptions.
dynamic $Rosa_Quest_Description_Append, quest number, 'quest code name', 'quest subtitle', texts belong to the subtitle.
and to clear this part, using dynamic $Rosa_Quest_Description_Append, quest number, 'quest code name', 'killvar'

For example: dynamic $Rosa_Quest_Description_Append, 12, 'Felicity', 'Lord Spectre’ Quest', $quest_description[12]
Lord Spectre’ Quest
Lord Spectre, a Lord and ruler in ........... before 120 days are up. Day Count: <<quest12_day_counter>>

More value details need to be adjusted, basically, when you have trained Rosa well, you should be in a late game, and with the help of an expensive and advanced facility (or machines? etc.), the cost of doing modifications by Rosa is intended to be quite low as well.

More special events which can interact with current interactions needs inspirations, for instance, her cumflation meets your fist in the punishment, you go on a date outside with a cumflation slave(shameful). And in such a case, some penalties needed in high-intensity training, fighting, her willing to escape or resisting you, some benefits in her obedience, taming etc.

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Tweaked the force rules despair formula again...
If you start with a haughty or arrogant slave in zero start, will you ignore her pride, or try reducing it?

At least if you don't take more measures especially enforce rules, it's hard to reduce her pride level due to winning the arena fight.

If you ignore her pride, usually it will take you much more time training her devotion to 2 or even 3 under a low obedience status.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
If you start with a haughty or arrogant slave in zero start, will you ignore her pride, or try reducing it?

At least if you don't take more measures especially enforce rules, it's hard to reduce her pride level due to winning the arena fight.

If you ignore her pride, usually it will take you much more time training her devotion to 2 or even 3 under a low obedience status.
I'm trying a zero start now with F- strength. The slave started Plain, Weakened, Insensitive, Lively, Clever, Cowardly, Proud, Corpulent. It has taken me until day 37 to reach D-, and I have a loan expiring in 11 days. To challenge myself further and see if it is possible, I have not gone to the pub for meals, which would have allowed me to reach D- strength by now, so I am still Frail. I was able to use kamra daily as a substitute for natural energy regeneration (at F-, you regain 1 energy per day but need to spend 1-2 energy on cooking + cleaning). Eventually (after a decade and a half or so), progressing to Peon meant that he sometimes was able to skip cleanings (when the house was only Messy and not Grimy). It took a long time for the slave to be willing to clean, but that eventually helped even more. Still, you can get ahead of the energy cost of cooking and cleaning by yourself. Of course, at some point constantly taking kamra will start to drain strength too, so it's a race to see if you can get a slave trained enough to slave for you first.

I made some mistakes and wasted sparks on items I couldn't use at the time. Until she reached D-, she refused to wear the crown of thorns, for example, but I also purchased a petsuit early and she wouldn't wear that either, and if I still had those 25$ I might have avoided the loan. If I didn't have the loan, I would be in a good situation at this point, with her D- I can soon expect to reach 1 devotion and then would have an arena champion next decade. I am comfortably able to live on arena winnings with her because she is overweight so I can keep her on a restricted diet to save sparks and also raise her obedience faster. But now instead I need to rush to finish her before the deadline. Still this seems survivable if I am careful, but we'll see.

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
I made some mistakes and wasted sparks on items I couldn't use at the time. Until she reached D-, she refused to wear the crown of thorns, for example, but I also purchased a petsuit early and she wouldn't wear that either, and if I still had those 25$ I might have avoided the loan. If I didn't have the loan, I would be in a good situation at this point, with her D- I can soon expect to reach 1 devotion and then would have an arena champion next decade. I am comfortably able to live on arena winnings with her because she is overweight so I can keep her on a restricted diet to save sparks and also raise her obedience faster. But now instead I need to rush to finish her before the deadline. Still this seems survivable if I am careful, but we'll see.
I'm worried about that, you are making this game harder and harder, I saw all your recent tweaks, please leave more space for lower difficulties at least, enforce rules result in more despair, reducing despair more difficult, increasing spoil more easily, you designed them, you know them well and know how to deal with it.

But what about others, I made a mistake on over rewarding, it's even harder to make up for that. Take StJesuz 's try as an instance, he didn't choose a hard beginning, in the end he failed, which was really disppointing for me to see this.

Edit: If you don't have enough time for well tested values in other difficulties, increase aura benefits by 30%~50% in normal difficulty, then further reduce 30%~50% penalties in easy difficulty. At least we should let players succeed in training. It's motivating, then add hints or reminders little by little to let players know they aren't doing well, they should consider how to make up for that during next trainings, rather than failing in training process.

Next time I will try a normal start, not be so mean on my money, trying everything I can and make some mistakes on purpose. Then see the result.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I'm worried about that, you are making this game harder and harder, I saw all your recent tweaks, please leave more space for lower difficulties at least, enforce rules result in more despair, reducing despair more difficult, increasing spoil more easily, you designed them, you know them well and know how to deal with it.

But what about others, I made a mistake on over rewarding, it's even harder to make up for that. Take StJesuz 's try as an instance, he didn't choose a hard beginning, in the end he failed, which was really disppointing for me to see this.

Edit: If you don't have enough for well tested values in other difficulties, increase benefits by 30%~50% in normal difficulty, then further reduce 30%~50% penalties in easy difficulty. At least we should let players succeed in training.
Success - D+ assistant at 43 days, 6 days remaining on loan, 325$ sparks remaining. Slave is worth at least 750 sparks, 150 profit after loan repayment, or I could try for C- with some sex training and sell to real estate office as a secretary for 850 sparks (250 profit after loan repayment). I should mention, I'm playing as Uncle Tom so that also upped the difficulty (impotence rules out brothel for raising strength). Used some restaurant rewards to raise master's strength. Decided to sell her to Serpentine district resident for 750:

1646327995767.png 1646328005168.png

I'm balancing for hard difficulty to be challenging but not impossible. If I can succeed with an above-average difficulty slave on a zero start, an average slave will be that much easier. A couple of extra points of negative obedience to overcome can add a decade or more to the training of a slave. I also took a market slave here, so I lost 80$ up front on the purchase, instead of getting a guild contract with +60$ prepay. That also contributed to my needing a loan, but on the other hand, I don't have to give her to the guild so I can get more value for her. Loan + contract is the worst combination because the guild takes some of your profit on the slave's market value and then the loan takes some too.

Normal difficulty is easier again because I reduced the rental costs, and normal obedience difficulty is a much shorter path to positive obedience than it is on hard.

StJesuz was trying hard difficulty, with Uncle Tom, if I understand correctly. That's one of the hardest starts possible. And it was his first try.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Continuing the same game, I took a guild contract, D- artist. Challenging in a different way. Feeble and almost broken psychologically.

1646329149855.png

Looking at her starting condition, if I want to maintain her sanity, I will need to keep her pride from dropping until I raise her temperament or nature. Given a choice between raising temperament or nature, raising temperament is slightly preferable when the master is weak, because higher nature makes it harder to build up her taming, while higher temperament means she spoils faster. Spoiling can be useful and also self-corrects quickly when she has a bad mood. Arena wins raise temperament, nature and pride, so after two battles her temperament would rise and it would be safe to reduce her pride. I could use the pet rule (enforced with a petsuit, which I would need to buy for her) to suppress (lower again) her nature after arena wins. When it is safe to reduce her pride, I could add the deny toileting rule, also enforced.

The immediate problem is her low endurance. She needs rest and calories. Supplements and nutritionist would help, but the next arena battle is in 5 days. Can she be Weakened by then with just rest and diet? She can recover faster if she is well rested, some from metabolism (if she has a positive calorie count at the end of the day), plus supplements and nutritionist (if needed - depending on her metabolism, she might recover quickly enough without it). So yes, in 5 days she can reach Weakened without any shortcuts (e.g., Vesturian Ambrosia or massages at the spa), although it will be more expensive if she has a weak metabolism and needs the nutritionist (extra 5$/day). This means I can plan to train her using the normal approach, building up her fear and aura until she is obedient, then transitioning to devotion, without missing a decade of income from the arena. That's probably the better strategy, but...

She is so close to being broken that I considered allowing her to break intentionally (by enforcing pet, silence and deny toileting rule to quickly lower her pride), which would make her obedient immediately, bypassing the initial training. This would let me immediately delegate cleaning duties to her and begin training her (slowly) in various skills (including sexual). I could rebuild her nature with the arena (battles and sparring) and then follow the normal training process after that. She would have a head-start with maxed habit but would have no other aura development. However, to do this, I would need to raise her nature to Independent/B+ to un-break her. I would not be able to build her devotion until then, which is needed to avoid her being freed after becoming an arena champion.

She doesn't need to become an arena champion, but I'm aiming for her to reach B+ (because she's Pretty), which means I expect to be training her for at least four decades/battles. If she isn't devoted for the championship battle, I could freeze her temporarily and acquire a new slave for the arena, but that would be suboptimal (adding 10 sparks/decade billing cost for a slave that I'm not able to train yet).

She would regain Cowardly/D- nature after the arena battle in 5 days. If she does nothing except sparring once a day starting after the next battle, she would reach Uncertain/C- nature around the time of the following battle (contract day 16 or so). B+ nature would then require another two decades of once-a-day spars and arena wins, but she'd have to be kept away from the arena for that final decade to avoid being set free.

I could recover her faster by having her spar regularly and/or by sending her to the Garden of Gethsemane, (free) the Hot Springs (2$) and the Golden Cage. Golden Cage (5$) can raise nature all the way to S+ for slaves who have enough energy, and a broken slave can be sent there daily without concern for spoiling. But the cost does add up. Garden of Gethsemane can raise nature up to Uncertain/C- nature and is free (just uses energy). Spending time with other slaves in the women's section at the Hot Springs, which is useful also for hygiene, can raise nature until Determined/A+.

I have enough sparks saved up (468$ debt-free) to take a risk on the mindbreak strategy taking longer, so I'll give it a try.

Contract day 27, after arena battle, she has recovered her sanity. I overlooked that recovering her temperament to D- would mean she didn't need B+ nature, just C-.

1646345409002.png
1646345467462.png 1646345491002.png

Contract day 32, she is D- again:

1646348747009.png 1646348764609.png 1646348780626.png

She reverted to F- again (spoiled) but on contract day 36 she was back to D- ... it's debatable whether the mindbreak detour saved or added time, but it helped the master.

1646360477655.png 1646360501245.png 1646360509007.png

Last edited:

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
ImperatorAugustusTertius

Just be careful you don't fall into the trap of over focusing on making the early game more difficult, which is already the part that has plenty of gameplay and interaction to it in the first place, rather than trying to expand or create loops for later play. I think that would serve the longevity of the game far more than making the start next to impossible if you don't understand the system's intricacies perfectly.

There needs to be more to do once you're established, like special challenge contracts or something, rather than just the early segment being harder.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
There needs to be more to do once you're established, like special challenge contracts or something, rather than just the early segment being harder.
Agreed, but fine tuning the existing gameplay vs. inventing new content, one I can do by tweaking a few lines of code, the other requires a lot more effort, so ... we'll get there, eventually. A lot of discussion about this up-thread.

ishaiatien

Jun 29, 2020
Taking the complete version off the wiki [2.2.2], I ran into a quite a strange problem. I cannot cook. The button while it consumes energy, does not take food and make it into a dish, defaulting into the sad canned food. When referencing the working no-loli 2.2.1 think it comes from the jack.qsp file. Swapping them around prevents lolis from being interactable but allows me to cook, the 2.2.1 no loli vers whereas the complete 2.2.2 file makes it so I can see and interact but cannot cook despite my pantry being full. The tutorial is a good way to check

Aug 13, 2017
memory of punishment to arise only the next day?
the slave has some spoil, she receives a punishment of 4-5 strength, and if on the same day i try "put in place". the game writes about the fact that they don’t take me seriously
and the next day - the event goes well

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
memory of punishment to arise only the next day?
the slave has some spoil, she receives a punishment of 4-5 strength, and if on the same day i try "put in place". the game writes about the fact that they don’t take me seriously
and the next day - the event goes well
No. Something else must have changed between the first and second attempt.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Did a test, used doc, normal difficulty, I raped her and took her virgin away, which resulted in 5 despair, expected by me.

Then I tested if I can make up for this, then train her to D+ and sell her.

1, Despair reduces spoil, so I over rewarded her Gethsemane everyday, decreased her despair rapidly.
But at a cost of her nature and temper all falling back to F-, which in return, gave me a chance to use Sententia Vertias to obtain more merits.

2, After clearing her despair, I trained her servant perfession skills. She can still achieve S+ score at school.

3, To rank higher, I need to decrease her pride, raise her nature and temper. It didn't took long, winning the arena battle helped a lot.

4, Make up for the obedience, rebuild her fearness and awareness, I managed to increase her rank to D+. Then sold her in auction for 715 sparks.

The cost was high, not only in decline of her attributes, awareness and fearness, but also in decline of my personality and dominance. But at least, I proved it can be made up in normal difficulty and within 1000 sparks.

The hints you gave are quite well, and some hints need to be added, when a slave gains high despair or spoil, tell them the harm and how can they make up for that. When their strength, donimance, personality and libido level falls.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes